Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options
1327328329330331333»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

70 and 90!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Bells21 wrote: »
    Yes I was there, were you? I didn't know what to expect beforehand!

Ya, I didn't know what to expect either but really enjoyed it. He's a fantastic speaker, could've listened to him for another hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have a dog with severe cabin fever ( so stormy out here only the shortest essential outs are possible) and one of my cats has been after takeaway.. half a dead rat at the door,.

and the weather is set to get even worse..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Graces7 wrote: »
    I have a dog with severe cabin fever ( so stormy out here only the shortest essential outs are possible) and one of my cats has been after takeaway.. half a dead rat at the door,.

and the weather is set to get even worse..:eek:

Did I read that you live on an ISLAND Graces7?!?!?! Stay safe with this weather due tomorrow :eek::eek::eek:

aonb wrote: »
    Did I read that you live on an ISLAND Graces7?!?!?! Stay safe with this weather due tomorrow :eek::eek::eek:

Yes... I have had a passion for small islands all my life. Lived a decade on a small North Sea island with a host of critters before I came to Ireland and was yearning for that life again when I finally stopped street markets etc.

Love it here. so do the cats . and dog.

We cope well with bad weather out here as we are used to being cut off in any gales. Interesting thread re being prepared on the weather forum..

I feel safer here than I have ever done. An islander is someone who does not feel safe on the mainland. A non-islander is someone who dreads coming here and cannot get back fast enough!

and needless to say great stocks of cat and dog food under the kitchen table.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I was out of the country for 3 weeks and my terrier piled on 2kg. I don't blame anyone for this (he's a pig and you have to practically lock down any food to keep him out of it - I'm honestly not joking) and he's easy enough to diet (he'll eat lettuce and carrots... pretty much any veg) but every time I scratch him I'm reminded of how much weight he has to lose. Sigh.

So to avoid zooplus's new overweight delivery charge of 3.99 a box I now have to split my order in two. I've ordered the cat litter today, I'll wait a few days and place a second order for food. Surely this creates more work for them rather than lumping all into one order!

Zapperzy wrote: »
    So to avoid zooplus's new overweight delivery charge of 3.99 a box I now have to split my order in two. I've ordered the cat litter today, I'll wait a few days and place a second order for food. Surely this creates more work for them rather than lumping all into one order!

They’re just f3ckers! :mad: but I can’t justify spending double one some of the treats the dogs get just to ditch zooplus lol

tk123 wrote: »
    They’re just f3ckers! :mad: but I can’t justify spending double one some of the treats the dogs get just to ditch zooplus lol

Unfortunately both the cat food and litter I use are zooplus own brands so can't be gotten anywhere else. I looked into ordering an equal or higher quality food from some other websites but it was working out a lot more expensive and one of mine is a fussy eater so no guarantee she'd eat it :-(

As much as I've grown to hate zooplus no one else seems to have the same variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I've learned a major drawback with Zooplus is that you can buy in bulk... I stockpile a certain brand of food the cats like... and then eventually they start to turn their nose up at it when there's still boxes left of the stuff! :D

• Advertisement

I'm volunteering with dogs for the disabled today in work! :D Everything is broken and I haven't reminded anyone I'll be missing for 3 hours in case they make me cancel lol lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Time to decide if I want to renew Josie's pet insurance. Annual cost €353, that's €29.40 a month. The excess on any claim is €100 and then I have to pay the first third of any costs myself. Just afraid it'll come back to bite me if she develops an expensive condition associated with old age. But my inclination is to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Does anyone know the best person/organisation to write to about traffic/speeding concerns in my local rural area?

There are so many badgers and cats being run over it's really depressing. I know people can't help it when something just leaps out, but honest to god, people drive like maniacs around here. Both my husband and I run on the roads, numerous people walk their dogs and even mothers with kids walk the lanes. Yet people still feel the need to go well over the 60 limit.

I always do 50, sometimes even 40 or so if there's nothing behind me. But at least 3 or 4 times a week some ass, usually a northern reg as we are on the border, will fly up behind me and over take on the short stretch of straight road that leads to a blind bend.

Today I've had enough cos it looks like a local dog was knocked down this morning, the poor thing was small and had been completely squished into the road. Now the dog was always out wandering, which is another issue I'd like to take up with someone, way too many dogs being left to wander considering these are rural roads with blind bends every hundred metres.

Ugh, sorry for the rant, I'm just sick of it.

:( My friends dog was pts earlier :( 10 months after being diagnosed with heart failure.

Does anyone know the best person/organisation to write to about traffic/speeding concerns in my local rural area?

There are so many badgers and cats being run over it's really depressing. I know people can't help it when something just leaps out, but honest to god, people drive like maniacs around here. Both my husband and I run on the roads, numerous people walk their dogs and even mothers with kids walk the lanes. Yet people still feel the need to go well over the 60 limit.

I always do 50, sometimes even 40 or so if there's nothing behind me. But at least 3 or 4 times a week some ass, usually a northern reg as we are on the border, will fly up behind me and over take on the short stretch of straight road that leads to a blind bend.

Today I've had enough cos it looks like a local dog was knocked down this morning, the poor thing was small and had been completely squished into the road. Now the dog was always out wandering, which is another issue I'd like to take up with someone, way too many dogs being left to wander considering these are rural roads with blind bends every hundred metres.

Ugh, sorry for the rant, I'm just sick of it.

Hugs.. thank you for caring so much.

So I go to place the second half of my order and notice the f**kers have added on a €1 onto each tray of 20 tins so they've gotten me for an extra €3, still saved 99c I guess.

That's €3 of an increase in the last 11 months now for my cat food. The last time they added on €2 for black Friday and advertised its as a saving of €1 for black Friday only. They've also removed the lint rollers from the rewards section, used to always stock up on those when I could :(

I wanted a piece of vetbed for the crate... €16 for zooplus love heart one (lol).. €35 for the same thing in MaxiZoo! so now I'll do what I vowed NOT to do and fill the cart up with stuff to get free shipping lol :rolleyes:

4 hours from placing order to dispatch, that's kind of impressive I'll give them that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Is it DPD deliveries that come with An Post?

I think my mams collie was born to be an emotional support dog. Im minding her for the weekend and she was sorta half dozing here beside me. I was watching a sad video and just as I started to feel upset, she jumped up and pushed her head under my chin and did this thing she does where she lies up against you. It's basically her version of a hug. The minute then that my sadness turned to amusement she lay back down on the sofa.

She's so clever and intuitive I've said a few times to my mam she could be a therapy dog. Like Khali would always 'comfort' me if I was visibly upset or angry or whatever but Willow seems to know almost before I do that somethings up!

• Advertisement

Is it DPD deliveries that come with An Post?

No DPD is DPD and DHL is An Post.. which always takes longer for me! I work beside a big DPD depot so very handy :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

No DPD is DPD and DHL is An Post.. which always takes longer for me! I work beside a big DPD depot so very handy :p

Ah OK thanks. The An Post delivery's are two or three days quicker here. The other deliveries from zooplus are delivered here by a local haulier but can sit in their depot for a while sometimes as they don't deliver to my area every day. So yeah, I was hoping it was an post. Its a delivery from Curry's I'm waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

4 hours from placing order to dispatch, that's kind of impressive I'll give them that

Yeah I thought that too when I placed an order on Wednesday AM and got a dispatch email Wednesday afternoon. But the tracking didn't go live till Thursday afternoon and DPD didn't actually receive the order information until 4pm Thursday.

So they're just being a bit premature with their dispatch emails.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Your DHL comes with An Post?! I have a separate DHL van that comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Held Pupcake day in work today and raised €200...yipee :)

So my zooplus order arrived at someone else's house yesterday who was also expecting a zooplus order of cat food, thankfully they were very honest and rang me then rang head office to come and collect it. Then because I wasn't at home when it arrived, himself left the box in the hallway and of course the dreamies addict broke into it, ripped open and ate a full packet of dreamies

Anyone who shipped their dog off to be trained shouldn't get them back. Imagine sending your dog away for training instead of being involved yourself. Especially if you haven't fully vetted the place. Did I read somewhere it was months at a time? Christ.

All them poor puppies. I suppose it'll be the rescues with little or no funding that have to pick up the pieces?

is it the same place (I'm don't think we're allowed name them).... that used to post on here having murder with posters who questioned their methods and who also conned people out of money for their fake service dogs?

"Training dogs is not rocket science" was a quote from the guy before all their posts were deleted.

EDIT - oh look only 10 more posts before we explode boards and hit 10k... :D:D

• Advertisement

And on that note, time to start a new thread. :cool:

See here :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057923509

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement