Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Yeah I think they normally are live, remember when I was younger crawling on my belly under a fence to get away from a bull and getting a nasty shock on my head from the bottom wire! And more recently, rushing into a field to a cow with dystocia. Not fun to get shocked, but glad charlie is getting over it :)

Maybe I'm just used to weird electric fences so! :D I do still think they could at least put signs up warning people. He has the 2 second memory of a goldfish, we walked back the same way and he completely ignored it thankfully, still didn't put him off peeing against every bench beside the electric fence on the way. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just be careful he doesn't hit the fence with his pee, that could lead to a nasty surprise :P:D

Just be careful he doesn't hit the fence with his pee, that could lead to a nasty surprise :P:D

He was actually peeing at the time but thankfully not cocking his leg against it! :eek:

I got a tattoo on my leg/ankle/foot earlier today, very painful and its not even finished yet. Of course this means my cats absolutely have to bash off my legs every 2 seconds and Cream keeps grabbing my ankle and running. You'd swear they want me in pain... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

What did you get the tattoo of? I'm still working up the guts to get one done

• Advertisement

It's my 3rd tattoo :D Its of a koi fish, I only got the outline done yesterday, still have all the colour and shading to sit through :) I love getting tattoos though, tis addictive! And it's not that sore either depending on where you get it done ;)

003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I just love this country when its sunny! Have spent sooo much of the weekend outside ...so has Beanie, he's flaked out here.Feel like im on my holliers. Bliss! :D

anniehoo wrote: »
    I just love this country when its sunny! Have spent sooo much of the weekend outside ...so has Beanie, he's flaked out here.Feel like im on my holliers. Bliss! :D

Except when you have to work when it's sunny outside, spent most of the day pulling ice cream cones and dealing with sunburnt cranky customers (the sun really does bring out the crankiness in people), when you pull ~200 a day you get a bit sick of them, poor cone machine got a little bit too over worked today and sort of blew up and spat ice cream everywhere in protest! :D

Sillymango I'd love a tattoo, nearly got 1 last summer but I got sick so that put it on hold for a while. Maybe this summer I'l eventually get one. Are they really not sore? :eek:

Is it normal for a dog to be such a sun worshiper, he keeps begging to go outside to lie in the sun (and he does actually rotate sides and lie belly up :D), I'v to keep bringing him in again and checking if he's too hot, but he's gotten wise now and won't come inside when I call him. :rolleyes: At least he move's into the shade every so often to cool off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bailey is the same for sitting in the sun - I keep bringing him in!!
    Anyhoos lolololol - the labels came! :pac: (he's looking down for the reflection off my watch/phone)

206625.jpg

Zapperzy, the tattoos depend on your pain tolerance, I'd be pretty good! The one on my shoulder didn't hurt really it was just annoying, the one on my right leg just above the ankle was a little more painful, and the new one really hurt around my foot and ankle but going up the leg was grand! Its kinda like scratching sunburn! My foot wouldn't stop twitching the entire time, the tattoo artist said it was because it was hitting nerves :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The terrorist didn't get out for any walks for a whole month due to waiting for the pup to be fully vacced and then the heatwave . . . Mother had been walking her to the bus to get the kids everyday for a while before that and had been letting her pick up some bad habits :rolleyes:

Out she went this evening for a nice walk and . . . . oh dear!!

So now I have two dogs to lead train :( Hopefully it will all come back to her without too much messing about!

So I never know whether to send Bailey to daycare when I'm off (which is every day atm cos I have no job lol!) - does he prefer to be here chilling or does he want to go there and play, is it a waste if money if I'm here anyways etc etc ...Anyhoos he was lying stretched out on the floor this morning half asleep so I asked him did he want to go and see his friends and named a few of them - he sat up and lifted his paw = "pleeeeeeeeeeze" Then a pic of him there on FB with a big happy head of him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

So i was woken this morning by Beanie dragging a magpie in screeching off my balcony :eek: I got such a fright, ive never seen him hunt anything ever let alone anything the size of a magpie. The poor bird, i released him but hope the shock doesnt kill him. Dont think they'll be robbing food off my balcony anytime soon once word gets around the magpie circle :o

anniehoo wrote: »
    So i was woken this morning by Beanie dragging a magpie in screeching off my balcony :eek: I got such a fright, ive never seen him hunt anything ever let alone anything the size of a magpie. The poor bird, i released him but hope the shock doesnt kill him. Dont think they'll be robbing food off my balcony anytime soon once word gets around the magpie circle :o

Gross!! Rolling in a dead bird is bad enough for me - bring a live one in!? I don't know what I'd do...after I puked lol! Somebody I know - the cat killed a crow and then all his crow friends/family would swoop down at him any time he was out in the garden!

TK I thought you might like this :Dhttp://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/edc5/

TK I thought you might like this :Dhttp://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/edc5/

Wonder how u get the coins out of him? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just used to weird electric fences so! :D I do still think they could at least put signs up warning people. He has the 2 second memory of a goldfish, we walked back the same way and he completely ignored it thankfully, still didn't put him off peeing against every bench beside the electric fence on the way. :rolleyes:

The fences around us are off during the winter when the cattle are indoors so the dogs get used to that... This time when they switched the fences back on, wee dog got a bad shock and it was many days before she would even go through the gate to the field. She would hide behind the care and refuse to move, with her best bassett face...Had to pick her up and she is not light.

Lol!! Bailey ate a few cent when he was a baba lol

I went into town today to buy a pair of shoes for a wedding on saturday, and look what I brought home

img2677t.jpg

It was marked €26.99 but since the ball was missing I got it for €15! :D But I'v found a ball at home that fits perfect! But I got no shoes for the wedding :o, I may be going to a wedding barefoot but at least the dog will have some fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh wow! Where did you pick it up, a pet shop?

Can you take a video?

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    Oh wow! Where did you pick it up, a pet shop?

Can you take a video?

TK Max! A video of him using it? After doing a bit of reading (from this site http://www.flyballblog.com/flyball-training-manual/) it seems I'v sort of jumped into it a bit, there's a loooooooot more to it than I thought and I'v jumped ahead of myself a bit by buying one, seems there's lots of ground work to do before even bringing out this box! :eek: Ah well I'v a long summer ahead and I'v half the work done by already having a very excitable, ball and tug toy motivated dog. :D

Who cares about shoes, you got a flyball machine for €15!!!!!! That's my idea of a shopping trip. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have had many a shopping trip where I came home with animal stuff not what I went for:o
    That looks great, unfortunately my fools don't fetch, Tiffi will chase and kill, Ollie just runs in the general direction then wanders off, or runs to the toy stands over it and then runs off:rolleyes:
    We discovered recently (thanks secret santa;))he will play frisbee though, but only for a few mins at a time. (and so long as nothing distracts him)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I really want a kitten but am not allowed :-(

Who cares about shoes, you got a flyball machine for €15!!!!!! That's my idea of a shopping trip. :D

Me too, I was more excited about this than the shoes! Shoe shopping is such a chore compared to buying for pets! :D
    mymo wrote: »
    I have had many a shopping trip where I came home with animal stuff not what I went for:o
    That looks great, unfortunately my fools don't fetch, Tiffi will chase and kill, Ollie just runs in the general direction then wanders off, or runs to the toy stands over it and then runs off:rolleyes:
    We discovered recently (thanks secret santa;))he will play frisbee though, but only for a few mins at a time. (and so long as nothing distracts him)

I'm learning from this site http://www.flyballblog.com/flyball-training-manual/ From my understanding I'v to teach him to get more excited about his reward (a manic play session with a tug toy where all obedience and rules go out the window, (there goes my obedient doggy who doesn't grab toys and gives them up immedietely with a hand signal :rolleyes:) for getting the ball than the ball itself.
    TillyGirl wrote: »
    I really want a kitten but am not allowed :-(

Kitten broodiness is awful, I'v got a dose of it too, not helped by all the posters here and on facebook posting unbelievably cute photos of kittens. Any chance you could foster some instead? I'd love to handrear some. :(

Boyfriend wont let me. Appartently if another animal moves in he is moving out. Such a meanie.

Boyfriend wont let me. Appartently if another animal moves in he is moving out. Such a meanie.

Just get the kitten anyways and name it after him! ;)

I really really really want one :-(

I really really really want one :-(

Would volunteering in a cat shelter satisfy your kitten broodiness or make you want to bring them all home? When I used to clean the cattery every weekend it sort of satisfied my kitten urge but at the same time every so often a special little one would come in and it'd break my heart to walk out without it. If I had a complying cat and was allowed more I think I'd have the house filled with cats, then id probably start outside and build a cattery and fill it with homeless cats.

Or you could do what I done, I brought home a kitten from the vets I was working in with the condition that I was to keep him overnight and my friend was to pick him up the next day. It was around when there was awful bad snow and he ended up in our bathroom for 2 weeks because the roads were so bad. :p Everyone got very attached to him! From those 2 weeks there's about 200 photos of him taken with some very cute ones of him hanging out on the 'anti-cat man's' shoulders! :p

• Advertisement

ppartently if another animal moves in he is moving out. Such a meanie.

I have one of them. Hubby says if anymore move in here it's divorce. Mind you I shouldn't really complain, I have 6 dogs, a rabbit, 2 sheep and 2 tanks of fish :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement