Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Clerical Officers in Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

ourtrail wrote: »
    Yeah that is what I was thinking all right Mimojo. I got Dublin and reserve for Swords. Where was your interview last year held?

Phantasos you should have received an e-mail over a week ago letting you know the results of the assessment. Check your junk e-mail thats where my e-mail went.

The emails were sent out on 31/03 last year to tell you if you were in the top band, so slightly later than this year. I then got an email on 15/04 inviting me for interview on 26/04. It was held in the Public Appointments Serive, Chapter House, 26-30 Abbey Street Upper. Its on the LUAS line so very handy to get to.
    I got an email telling me I was success on 07/05 (By the way I don’t have a super memory, just never delete my emails!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Phantasos

Yeah, I applied last year too and apart from my invitation to interview being on the 20th April, my dates are the same. But I'd imagine they are subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Thats great info Mimojo, jus trying to create an estimated rough time line for myself. What office were you assigned to last year?

Phantasos, you should have got a separate e-mail for Swords as well they were sent out last week as well but it does look like they have interviewed the candidates for Swords this week. Great that you got top band in another region though :)

Thats great info Mimojo, jus trying to create an estimated rough time line for myself. What office were you assigned to last year?

Phantasos, you should have got a separate e-mail for Swords as well they were sent out last week as well but it does look like they have interviewed the candidates for Swords this week. Great that you got top band in another region though :)

No prob! I was offered an 8 week contract in Dept of Agriculture Naas last year in June. Didnt end up taking it as had found something else more longterm at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Yeah great info, great to have an idea of the timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 labk

Having being ranked top for both Swords & Dublin, was called for interview for Swords last week. Candidates are only entitled to 1 interview no matter how many areas they applied for so I asked at interview what chances of getting swords if successful as it would suit me better. The interviewer said she didnt think there were any places left but would put on my application it would be my preferred region. Cant understand why I was called for interview for Swords if no places were left......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭paraguay99

I have an interview scheduled for this week.

Just wondering what I should wear to the interview? I'm a guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

paraguay99 wrote: »

Just wondering what I should wear to the interview? I'm a guy!

Adidas Tracksuit and hoody... wtf do you think you should wear?
    A suit of course. if you dont have one... just a shirt and trousers.

paraguay99 what region is your interview for if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

Is it for swords? or general Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭paraguay99

it is for general dublin. i applied to swords and general dublin and i got an email telling me i am in reserve 2 for swords but in top band for dublin. then got an email telling me i have an interview this week.

It seems like if you get the interview, you get the job but im still a bit apprehensive about messing it up.

So il wear a suit and tie. cheers! any other interview tips for this particular job. good post from minojo about interviews.

yeah i got top band for dublin and reserve 2 for swords too, no notification of an interview yet hough. When did you get your notificatio for your interview and when is your interview paraguay 99? Just want to kind of get a notion of a timeline of how things will run.

Mimojo wrote: »
    No prob! I was offered an 8 week contract in Dept of Agriculture Naas last year in June. Didnt end up taking it as had found something else more longterm at the time.

When they offered you your position, were you to start it straight away?I have exams on the 3rd, 9th and 13th of may for the final year of the degree I am doing I am hoping this wont be a problem.

yeah i got top band for dublin and reserve 2 for swords too, no notification of an interview yet hough. When did you get your notificatio for your interview and when is your interview paraguay 99? Just want to kind of get a notion of a timeline of how things will run.

ditto!

When they offered you your position, were you to start it straight away?I have exams on the 3rd, 9th and 13th of may for the final year of the degree I am doing I am hoping this wont be a problem.

I got a call on the 14th June to start on 21st June until 27th August. I know that some people got calls earlier, but they all seemed to start in June. Last years boards thread is here if it is any help!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Yeah, I don't understand this either. I got a call one year to come in a few days later for an interview (One of the first days of June)

Just going to have to keep my fingers crossed that I get called for an interview so!:)

I hope I get called for an interview too! I was top band! I'm sure there is some ranking within bands?

The suspense is killing me but I have a feeling we may be in for a bit of a wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 labk

Got e mail yesterday saying I was successful in my interview and had job offer today for Swords...yipee

• Advertisement

labk wrote: »
    Got e mail yesterday saying I was successful in my interview and had job offer today for Swords...yipee

well done labk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

is it just for Swords the interviews have /are been done far so far?

I got into top bracket in my region...but didnt apply for Swords. Havent heard anything bout an interview yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Thanks to the OP I would have missed this otherwise. I had interview today was in top band for Dublin fingers crossed now for a job offer. Got Email last Thursday for interview today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well done. 21 new TCO's started in Swords on Monday and apparently we are getting another lot this coming Monday too.

Well done labk - Great news!

I am in top band for Kildare but havent heard anything about interview yet. Anyone else hear anything?

It moves along quick once it starts Interview yesterday email today saying I was sucessfull at interview :) hope a position comes up as quick.

rosiem wrote: »
    It moves along quick once it starts Interview yesterday email today saying I was sucessfull at interview :) hope a position comes up as quick.

Cool! Did you go for Kildare or Dublin??

Went for Dublin just on the chance there might be more jobs available. At this stage will travel anywhere for work. Am just surprised at how quick they got back to me about interview thought it would take at least a week not that im complaning was a nice surprise in my Inbox this morning.

rosiem wrote: »
    Went for Dublin just on the chance there might be more jobs available. At this stage will travel anywhere for work. Am just surprised at how quick they got back to me about interview thought it would take at least a week not that im complaning was a nice surprise in my Inbox this morning.

Defo nice surprise! Fingers crossed you get the call about a job really soon. You were prob dead right applying for Dublin over Kildare, sure to be more jobs. Hopefully the fact they are interviewing so quickly means there is a job waiting for you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,711 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

any other interview tips for this particular job. good post from minojo about interviews.

Be prepared to fill out a garda vetting application - make sure you know all your addresses for the past however many years. (Sorry, can't remember how many years it is.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement