Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Clerical Officers in Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

sjms wrote: »
    Yeah I got that email too?! I wonder what that is about?! It's a bit strange isn't it??

It really is! Though it might be about Swords but doesnt seem to be, strange subject line too!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Vintagechic

As a result of your responses to the Skills and Experience Questionnaire which you completed recently as part of your application for the above campaign, I wish to inform you that at present you are notamong those being invited for interview in your selected region.

It is difficult to predict how many vacancies may arise throughout the life of this panel but should a sufficient number arise we may be in a position to consider you at a later stage.

Got this reply as well this morning email was titled RESERVE 2. Confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

got the same e-mail as vintagechic about swords was really weird. Also got an e-mail the exact same as the other day saying I was top band in my selected region?

ourtrail wrote: »
    got the same e-mail as vintagechic about swords was really weird. Also got an e-mail the exact same as the other day saying I was top band in my selected region?

Same as that, am top band in my region and just got an email to say I am "Reserve 2" for Swords:

"As a result of your responses to the Skills and Experience Questionnaire which you completed recently as part of your application for the above campaign in your selected region, I wish to inform you that you are not at present among those being invited for interview. However, should further vacancies arise at a later stage (and this is unlikely) we may be in a position to contact you should the vacancy duration be in line with your specified availability"

Was really hoping to get Swords, I just think the whole thing is a lottery!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I got a weird email too. Could it be a glitch of some kind?

• Advertisement

sjms wrote: »
    Yeah I got that email too?! I wonder what that is about?! It's a bit strange isn't it??

Any sign of your Swords email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Got a no for for Dublin and swords, sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Got the same email as well this morning, im on the reserve panel!

Do you no on the top of the email it says our ref: GTCO and then a number after, does anyone know if this number is the number you are on the panal or if not can you ring and find out where you are on the panel?

Thanks,

Tommy-Kerry.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Yeah got the second e mail myself. I am in the top band for Dublin and it was exactly the same as the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya got reserve 2 email as well this morning despite another email saying I was unsuccessful in getting an interview. I suspect there aren't any vacancies or not many in my chosen region though. I say its a random thing that the computer just randomly picks people based on the questionnaire. What ever boxes you tick will determine which band you go into, as I say there would be a certain number to meet each category and a cut off point. Its a pure lottery as another poster called it that's exactly that! Ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

got a reserve 2 email from dublin region...I'll remember to lie next year :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Crow92 wrote: »
    got a reserve 2 email from dublin region...I'll remember to lie next year :-/

Think I'll do the same. If you are too honest then think they won't offer an interview! Silly. Weird like I would have but mostly agree and some in between or dissagree etc yet they said you can't be the best at everything, will say I'm best at everything next time round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

I got the reserve emails too!Oh well, it was worth a shot:D
    Best of luck to everyone who got it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Got the reserve email too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I got reserve 2 emails as well. I really didn't want the job but I guess its another rejection I can show to the dole if they ever question me. I will still take it if I got it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Got the same email as well this morning, im on the reserve panel!

Do you no on the top of the email it says our ref: GTCO and then a number after, does anyone know if this number is the number you are on the panal or if not can you ring and find out where you are on the panel?

Well mine is GTCO1 so I doubt it's any form of ranking system ;) AFAIK you're only told where you place on the panel after the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Real Bolloxology

I worked there last year and have to say worked harder than most people there and was told at the end if i applied this year they would request me.i filled out the application the same as last year and still got refused so it all a load of rubbish if you ask me.Strange and dissapointing

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

This is my third year going for it and i still only got a reserve response. :/ Rather disheartening really - especially because if you get the answers perfect the first time through either luck/somebody telling you them - I'd imagine you can you those answers year after year and have a summer job in the bag.

Congrats to those who've somehow cracked this mystifying application process though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I just answered it honestly, they are hardly trick questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

Lux23 wrote: »
    I just answered it honestly, they are hardly trick questions.

Yeah so did I! I think they look for consistency in your answers that's why they ask you the same questions in a different way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 The Real Bolloxology

when i emailed then to ask how come i worked there last year and filled out the quesitonaire the same but was still refused this is the response i got.

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Sector.

Thank you for your recent email in connection with the above campaign. I can appreciate your disappointment with your result. This campaign attracted an extremely large number of candidates with in excess of 13,270 candidates applying for a reasonable small number of vacancies.

In the Skills and Experience Questionnaire your responses were mapped onto the specific skills and qualities required in the Temporary Clerical Officer role. Based on the results of this Questionnaire, all candidates were rank ordered. Please note this ranking was specifically to this campaign and no consideration was given to previous applications or performance on other Temporary Clerical Officer campaigns.

There is no doubt that many of the candidates that applied would be well suited and capable of undertaking the role of the Temporary Clerical Officer, but given the number who applied and the number of vacancies on offer, only a limited number of candidates can be invited to interview.

I regret that no formal individual feedback can be issued.

Thank you once again for your interest shown in the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Oh believe me i answered consistently. I analysed these questions over and over (had printed my application from last year and the questions never change) to make sure everything matched and sounded good.

Me and seven of my mates go for this every year and so far only the 3 with family working there get in. Delighted for them lik but its a situation ive come across on threads all too often...... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Yeah I got the reserve 2 email today too for the Donegal area. Maybe won't be much of a chance but suppose all we can do is wait and see. I found it really weird too tho .. am I on the panel or not? No position at this stage so no interview but should one become available??? There might be a chance tho .. otherwise why would they have this reserve panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

Got the two emails this morning too. Didn't get it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Got the Reserve Band 2 email. Last time Ill be honest... ever!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I wouldn't take it so personally all. I know for a fact that the number of vacancies is even lower this year than last year; and last year was the lowest number for some time.

This would have been sweet to get, but c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

I got the pfo in my email today. Ah well....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

is there a reserve 1 and reserve 2?? got reserve 2 for dublin and swords.....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

Hi guys! Said I'd comment on this because I've applied for the tco aswell!

For those that got two emails saying the same thing, it's because there was something wrong the first time they sent them, not everyone received them, so they sent them out again! (I emailed to find out why!)

I'm in the reserve band in my region, but I've been in the reserve band before and still got called for late interviews and got offered 8 week contracts so it's not the end yet (hopefully!!) Usually on the top panel, there might only be a few people, and the next lot are reserves!

I think there might be a second reserve grouping or something because my sister applied aswell, and she got an email with the subject line "Reserve 2 All" although it didnt mention a reserve group in the actual email, just said we are not a position to call you for interview right now whereas I got an email saying "Reserve 1 All" and it did say I was in the reserve group. Thats just my own guessing though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes, I got another mail today with the same response (not on top band), but headed 'Reserve 2 All'.

I dunno. Won't be holding my breath :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement