Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Clerical Officers in Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Dogdaysareover

ryan08 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I got top band in tipperary but have not heard a thing since! Has anybody else heard anything back about interview or that from tipperary or midlands?

Hi, top band in Tipperary also but like yourself have heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

Has anybody got any information on the interview itself?! Would love a few pointers! Cheers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Phantasos

Anyone hear back from the Galway region?

sjms wrote:
    Has anybody got any information on the interview itself?! Would love a few pointers! Cheers guys!

The interview is quick and casual enough. The bring you in, run through your CV and ask a few questions about it. Can't remember specific questions from when I did mine before but they were pretty easy/straightforward ones. You'll be in and out in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

Got an email just now, interview on Thursday as well-in the Dublin region. Total relief, my only day off during exams, apparently they can't change the dates/times.

My mother just had hers today actually-Mayo region-said it was grand.

Was your mother in the top band, do you mind me asking?! I'm on the reserve panel for the Mayo region, so just wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ryan08

Hi, top band in Tipperary also but like yourself have heard nothing yet.

yeah I just got email saying I was in top band for tipperary and may be called for interview. Its not looking good to be honest if havnt heard anything by now, they normally have emailed by now about interview

• Advertisement

yeah I just got email saying I was in top band for tipperary and may be called for interview. Its not looking good to be honest if havnt heard anything by now, they normally have emailed by now about interview

I wouldn't worry just yet, there's still time to be called so let's keep the fingers crossed! Will post if I hear anything and hopefully if anyone else from Tipp area gets positive news they might post.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

sjms wrote: »
    yeah! i just go my email today! Wednesday 4th of May! Dublin! two hours before my exam starts!! :S

Def show up a good bit early and they might take you early. That's what my mom did anyways. I'm sure if you just explain to them, they'll be fairly sympathetic anyway. Certainly won't hurt your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭-Strawbs-

Hey anyone hear about an interview around Limerick yet? :(

Orlagh123 wrote: »
    Was your mother in the top band, do you mind me asking?! I'm on the reserve panel for the Mayo region, so just wondering!

Yeah, she was top band, she had the interview in Abbey Street.

Def show up a good bit early and they might take you early. That's what my mom did anyways. I'm sure if you just explain to them, they'll be fairly sympathetic anyway. Certainly won't hurt your case.

Thanks for the advise! My interview is at 11.45 so I might head in at around 11 to see if anything can be done?! If not I'm sure it won't take me two hours to get to the RDS :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 bluelemonade

sjms wrote: »
    Thanks for the advise! My interview is at 11.45 so I might head in at around 11 to see if anything can be done?! If not I'm sure it won't take me two hours to get to the RDS :)

Had my interview the other day. It started on time and lasted 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kmag16

Have interview for this tomorrow in Dublin. Currently filling out the Employment Details section but I have more to write than there is space available! Do you think they would mind if I wrote under the designated section? Anybody else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

kmag16 wrote: »
    Have interview for this tomorrow in Dublin. Currently filling out the Employment Details section but I have more to write than there is space available! Do you think they would mind if I wrote under the designated section? Anybody else have this problem?

When i was doing it last year I downloaded the form and filled it out in MS word so the space expands as you go. It looks better as well i think.

There have been some interviews arranged for those in the top band in Cork :)

Best of Luck everyone!! I hope my exam-information-filled-brain doesn't hinder my chances at the interview tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Anyone else apply to Wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Hey! I got called for an interview this Friday in Dublin to work in the passport office down in Cork, any tips for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ryan08

has anybody from the top band in tipperary or surrounding area heard anything at all about interview?

has anybody from the top band in tipperary or surrounding area heard anything at all about interview?

No, nothing yet.
    I know of two other people in the same area/position and still no news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sd2002

Has anyone who's already had their interview from Dublin actually been offered work yet? I had my interview at start of April and got the email saying I'd been successful at interview etc. Haven't heard from them since though! Does anyone know if this length of wait (1 month) is normal?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Had my interview yesterday (Dublin region) & just got an email to say I was of the standard, have to wait to hear from them now. Delighted. Just hope I hear soon enough..

Interview's ok. They wanted extremely specific examples-like one person in particular who was difficult, not somewhere you always had to help difficult people..

Had my interview yesterday (Dublin region) & just got an email to say I was of the standard, have to wait to hear from them now. Delighted. Just hope I hear soon enough..

Interview's ok. They wanted extremely specific examples-like one person in particular who was difficult, not somewhere you always had to help difficult people..

Got it too today! Delighted! And I 100% agree with the questions, they are very specific indeed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thebigmc

I had an interview this Wednesday for the Dublin region also, the interviewers are quite nice and the questions are specific but straightforward.

Such as,

"in your previous job tell me about a time when you had to deal with a challenging situation/customer/co-worker"

"Tell me how you were flexible and resoucefull in your previous job"

"How did you multitask assignments in a previous job?"

I've been told I was sucessfull at the interview, and I'm wondering like sd2002 how long the wait time between interview sucess and getting offered a position generally is? I've filled out the application saying I'm not available untill the 30th of May also.

Do any previous Temp Clerical officers want to share what is the pay for these jobs please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

thebigmc wrote: »
    I had an interview this Wednesday for the Dublin region also, the interviewers are quite nice and the questions are specific but straightforward.

Such as,

"in your previous job tell me about a time when you had to deal with a challenging situation/customer/co-worker"

"Tell me how you were flexible and resoucefull in your previous job"

"How did you multitask assignments in a previous job?"

I've been told I was sucessfull at the interview, and I'm wondering like sd2002 how long the wait time between interview sucess and getting offered a position generally is? I've filled out the application saying I'm not available untill the 30th of May also.

Do any previous Temp Clerical officers want to share what is the pay for these jobs please?

In my experience, I was told I was successful in Mid May last year and was offered a position end of July. Although I dont think this is the norm, and I was lucky, I got a 2 year contract where as most of them are for summer when permanent staff are on longterm unpaid leave.

The pay currently I think is around €385. It was cut 10% beginning January this year as I got in on €421 (gross). Come out with €375 (net) after PRSI, USC, PAYE and the pension related deduction (which you can claim back at end of contract).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Just to note from direct experience the pay is €350 per week as you have to factor in the pension and pension levy. As noted above from 1st January the 10% has come into place. You have to wait 2 years before you claim back pension (I checked with payroll) which is ridiculous for temporary employees, but that is the way it is done

Mimojo wrote: »
    Just to note from direct experience the pay is €350 per week as you have to factor in the pension and pension levy. As noted above from 1st January the 10% has come into place. You have to wait 2 years before you claim back pension (I checked with payroll) which is ridiculous for temporary employees, but that is the way it is done

Oh really? Our HR said you can claim it back at the end of your contract...

However, I started the job in August last and last of December, I got ALL my pension related deduction payments back, not sure why, possibly because I earned too little in that year, but others got some of theirs back too and they were permanent staff. I think the PRD is around €8.73 per week.

Monife wrote: »
    Oh really? Our HR said you can claim it back at the end of your contract...

However, I started the job in August last and last of December, I got ALL my pension related deduction payments back, not sure why, possibly because I earned too little in that year, but others got some of theirs back too and they were permanent staff. I think the PRD is around €8.73 per week.

It would be great to claim it back at end of contract, our payroll said that you had to wait to claim after 2 years, buy maybe they are wrong.

The charges per fortnight are €24 pension and €12.68 in Pension Related Charges. With PAYE, PRSI and USC total fortnightly salary is €701. That is the new Grade III as from 01/01/2011

It would be great to claim it back at end of contract, our payroll said that you had to wait to claim after 2 years, buy maybe they are wrong.

The charges per fortnight are €24 pension and €12.68 in Pension Related Charges. With PAYE, PRSI and USC total fortnightly salary is €701. That is the new Grade III as from 01/01/2011

Do you pay pension as a TCO? I don't pay pension. I only pay the pension related deduction of 8euro something a week.

Monife wrote: »
    Do you pay pension as a TCO? I don't pay pension. I only pay the pension related deduction of 8euro something a week.

Ya I do, was told we had to pay pension? I think its mad for temporary staff to have to pay it tbh. Seems to be different rules all over the place! Surely if you are not paying the pension you shouldn't have to pay the pension related charge??

• Advertisement

Ya I do, was told we had to pay pension? I think its mad for temporary staff to have to pay it tbh. Seems to be different rules all over the place! Surely if you are not paying the pension you shouldn't have to pay the pension related charge??

Yeah it is a bit strange. I duno why I pay the PRD and not the pension, maybe I am not earning enough? All I know is the only outgoings from my wages are USC, PAYE, PRSI and the PRD. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement