Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Clerical Officers in Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The PRD is usually refunded at the end of your contract (for all 3 of mine it came in the last salary payment). With the pension contributions we were given the option of leaving them in there or taking them out when we were leaving as none of us would build up enough service (established or otherwise) to making leaving them in there worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Monife wrote: »
    Yeah it is a bit strange. I duno why I pay the PRD and not the pension, maybe I am not earning enough? All I know is the only outgoings from my wages are USC, PAYE, PRSI and the PRD. :confused:
    pow wow wrote: »
    The PRD is usually refunded at the end of your contract (for all 3 of mine it came in the last salary payment). With the pension contributions we were given the option of leaving them in there or taking them out when we were leaving as none of us would build up enough service (established or otherwise) to making leaving them in there worthwhile.

Ya it seems strange that it would be different across the board. All I was told when I started was that all employees, including those on a temporary contract had to pay pension and PRD - And I guess I never really questioned it. I was told that there would be a 2 year wait to claim back what was paid into the pension.

pow wow thanks for the advice, I am certainly going to look into this, if I can get that back at the end of the contract it would be great, better in my pocket I figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Any chance of more of these jobs becoming available and if so when /where advertised? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Any chance of more of these jobs becoming available and if so when /where advertised? Many thanks.

Don't know about this year.

These particular ones are usually posted online in March.

Sign up to publicjobs.ie for job alerts and you will be emailed when a job in the catagory you choose becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Just got the job today, start Monday at 9.30am in Cork :) they wanted me for tomorrow but sadly I'm still in the middle of exams

Totally relieved though, slept in that morning and almost missed an exam that I had on the day of the interview so I was completely frazzled for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

I just got a call from a lady at the public appointments service! They forgot to give me a Garda vetting form at the interview! she is posting one out to me! Anyway she said she is appointing people to places at the moment and that all posts are subject to Garda vetting! So it looks like if you were successful at interview you will have a job! I'm in the Dublin area if people are wondering! :)

Just got the job today, start Monday at 9.30am in Cork :) they wanted me for tomorrow but sadly I'm still in the middle of exams

Totally relieved though, slept in that morning and almost missed an exam that I had on the day of the interview so I was completely frazzled for it.

Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 reverseswing

sjms wrote: »
    I just got a call from a lady at the public appointments service! They forgot to give me a Garda vetting form at the interview! she is posting one out to me! Anyway she said she is appointing people to places at the moment and that all posts are subject to Garda vetting! So it looks like if you were successful at interview you will have a job! I'm in the Dublin area if people are wondering! :)

Had an interview for this job and reached the qualifying standard at interview, sent off a Garda vetting form straight after the interview aswell!
    You got my hopes up big time sjms, prayin for a call this week!

Had an interview for this job and reached the qualifying standard at interview, sent off a Garda vetting form straight after the interview aswell!
    You got my hopes up big time sjms, prayin for a call this week!

Well she did say 'I am in the process of allocating people to places, and all posts are subject to Garda Vetting clearance...'

It looks hopeful I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 kmag16

Got a call today at about 3pm, start in Blanchardstown office on Monday! Not really ideal as I live southside but sure it's a job at the end of the day!

kmag16 wrote: »
    Got a call today at about 3pm, start in Blanchardstown office on Monday! Not really ideal as I live southside but sure it's a job at the end of the day!

Congrats!! :)

Excellent news, congrats!!! Nice news for the weekend :) Very best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Had an interview in Galway today fingers crossed. Was told I would hear in the next 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Scrummage wrote: »
    Had an interview in Galway today fingers crossed. Was told I would hear in the next 10 days whether I got the job or not.

Correction...... You will hear if u passed the interview or not. No job is certain if u hear back. Granted you will have a great chance. But no guarentee.

Correction...... You will hear if u passed the interview or not. No job is certain if u hear back. Granted you will have a great chance. But no guarentee.

Be great to get it even if its only temporary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 reverseswing

Congrats, told them at interview that my exams dont finish until around the end of May so getting very worried that they might not ring me because of that!

Congrats, told them at interview that my exams dont finish until around the end of May so getting very worried that they might not ring me because of that!

I wouldn't be too concerned, with the job I got last week they wanted me to start Wednesday and I explain to them I had exams until Saturday so they changed it to Monday

Yeah, I said I could start in June and they were perfectly fine with it... she even said 'perfect' so I would not worry! :)

hey just wondering. Do we get holiday pay at the end of it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

hey just wondering. Do we get holiday pay at the end of it :p
    Any days you havent used they pay you for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

Are all interviews for these temporary positions taking place in Dublin, no matter where in the country the jobs are? My niece from Donegal (only applied for Donegal area) just got word that her interview is in Dublin at 10AM next week!!!!!!
    This of course means an overnight stay and an expensive 4 hour return bus journey. And all with no guarantee of a job even if she is successful at interview. Doesn't seem very fair to me :(

Got a mail today that I was successfull at interview so fingers crossed I get something. Interview was held in Galway.

Got a mail today that I was successfull at interview so fingers crossed I get something. Interview was held in Galway.
    Congrats. Was this local to you?
    I can't believe a person from Donegal will be so disadvantaged, not alone having to travel so far but with an interview scheduled so early that an overnight stay is necessary :confused:

mw3guc wrote: »
    Congrats. Was this local to you?
    I can't believe a person from Donegal will be so disadvantaged, not alone having to travel so far but with an interview scheduled so early that an overnight stay is necessary :confused:

Seems strange to have to travel so far. I applied for the Limerick or Clare region can't remember which and was called to Galway for the interview. Limerick or clare would be near where I live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

A lot of them are being held in Dublin and whilst the confirmation emails say they can't change the time slots, in some instances they can, particularly if you explain how far you're going to have to travel. You think they'd take it into account when scheduling them in the first place but apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Hi Scrummage,

When were you interviewed?

Fince wrote: »
    Hi Scrummage,

When were you interviewed?

Friday 13th May in Galway.

pow wow wrote: »
    A lot of them are being held in Dublin and whilst the confirmation emails say they can't change the time slots, in some instances they can, particularly if you explain how far you're going to have to travel. You think they'd take it into account when scheduling them in the first place but apparently not.

No changes will be permitted - despite an explanation of the distance and timing :(
    Very inflexible and unfair to people living at a great distance from Dublin, especially since it appears that interviews have taken place in other counties.
    I would appreciate any information from those posting here as to where their interviews took place. Is it only Donegal that is experiencing this type of inconsideration?

• Advertisement

Im in Kildare area and got email inviting me for interview in Dublin on Wednesday. I also interviewed last year in Dublin.

I thought that last year there were plenty of local interviews held, and only the surrounding areas of Dublin were called for interview there.

It seems crazy that those from Donegal would have to attend for early interviews in Dublin??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement