Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Clerical Officers in Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

JustMary wrote: »
    Be prepared to fill out a garda vetting application - make sure you know all your addresses for the past however many years. (Sorry, can't remember how many years it is.)

From birth. You need to fill out your addresses from birth to present with no gaps. Also, state any former names, give your date of birth, tick the conviction box and sign the back.

(Deal with GV forms in work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭paraguay99

anybody who went to an interview get this email?

"Thank you for attending your recent interview in connection with the above campaign. I am pleased to inform that you have reached the qualifying standard at interview.

We will be in touch with you shortly should your name come in line for a position."

I had my interview yesterday and got this today. Still a bit ambiguous with the last line but seems positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Thats the same email I got just assumed it was a standard email once successfull at interview.
    There are no guaranteed jobs but am thinking that if you are on the panel this early you have to have a very good chance of a job offer that could take a few weeks though from what I've seen and heard a lot of jobs seem to start in June.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I remember sitting an interview at the start of June one year for a position outside Dublin. I clearly remember it as I had an exam in the morning and had to break all sorts of speed limits to get to the interview. And I remember friends of mine doing interviews around this time of year, for Dublin. Is it reasonable to assume that the interviews for different parts of the country have not commenced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Anyone get any word of an interview outside Dublin???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Not in Cork so far, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

Is there anybody else who got the top band in Dublin still waiting to be called?! I'm just worried that I may have deleted an email or something?? :confused:
    I hope I hear something soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

sjms I havent been called yet either and I got the Dublin region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

I'm the same. Top band in Dublin and haven't been called yet.

I'm the same. Top band in Dublin and haven't been called yet.

Yeah! It's getting a bit annoying now! I think I have gone past the stage of expecting anything... :(

• Advertisement

Losing hope myself also. Did the job before but cant remember when the interview was. Don't remember it interfering with exams so it must have been at the latest the end of April and start of May.

Losing hope myself also. Did the job before but cant remember when the interview was. Don't remember it interfering with exams so it must have been at the latest the end of April and start of May.

Yeah! I havent applied before but I would REALLY like this! I wonder if anybody has any inside information?

I dont have any inside information, & I am still waiting to get a call for an interview, but I do know that everything happened a bit later last year so I wouldnt worry too much
    Mimojo wrote: »
    The emails were sent out on 31/03 last year to tell you if you were in the top band, so slightly later than this year. I then got an email on 15/04 inviting me for interview on 26/04. I got an email telling me I was success on 07/05QUOTE]
    I got a call on the 14th June to start on 21st June until 27th August. I know that some people got calls earlier, but they all seemed to start in June. Last years boards thread is here

I think that because they needed people for the CSO and with the dates of the census etc, I think they just decided to do the whole thing together, but get the CSO recruitment out of the way first. Hopefully after Easter & the May Bank Hol there will be a move on it

This is a bit bizarre but just got invited for an interview next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

I got called for interview, next Thursday, Dublin region.

This is a bit bizarre but just got invited for an interview next Wednesday.
    ourtrail wrote: »
    I got called for interview, next Thursday, Dublin region.

Well done guys!!! Very best of luck in the interviews. I did it last year & it is really grand, in and out in 10 minutes, and the interviewers were really nice. Havent heard anything myself but fingers are crossed!

Well done guys!!! Very best of luck in the interviews. I did it last year & it is really grand, in and out in 10 minutes, and the interviewers were really nice. Havent heard anything myself but fingers are crossed!

Yeah hopefully it goes okay. It really is random luck whether you get called for the interview or not, but hell I will take luck where I can find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Phantasos

What region are you in wilmer mclean?

Phantasos wrote: »
    What region are you in wilmer mclean?

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

How are people being notified of interviews - is it by email or a phone call?

• Advertisement

steph1 wrote: »
    How are people being notified of interviews - is it by email or a phone call?

e mail

Im in Kildare region & havent heard anything today, was interviewed in Dublin last time & as far as I know was called with the applicants for the Dublin region. Very weird how it is happening this year. Maybe they are only interviewing as jobs come up as opposed to interviewing everyone together & then you have to wait for jobs to arise? I wish they would give a bit of information!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Process seems very quick, did my interview 2 weeks ago. Rang me yesterday and told me I start on tuesday (Dublin Region)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

They are probably trying to fill the Dublin region first because of the numbers required for the census job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

They are probably trying to fill the Dublin region first because of the numbers required for the census job.
    That's exactly it.

Those outside Dublin won't be seen to yet because the Census is such a big job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

there was interviews in sligo lst week

does this include those who were not 'top band' for the Swords job but were 'top band' for the Dublin gigs? It's quite confusing! Sorry!

I hope we hear soon just to put me out of my misery! Any information would be really appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ryan08

Hi all,

I got top band in tipperary but have not heard a thing since! Has anybody else heard anything back about interview or that from tipperary or midlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

Got an email just now, interview on Thursday as well-in the Dublin region. Total relief, my only day off during exams, apparently they can't change the dates/times.

My mother just had hers today actually-Mayo region-said it was grand.

• Advertisement

Got an email just now, interview on Thursday as well-in the Dublin region. Total relief, my only day off during exams, apparently they can't change the dates/times.

My mother just had hers today actually-Mayo region-said it was grand.

yeah! i just go my email today! Wednesday 4th of May! Dublin! two hours before my exam starts!! :S

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement