Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant Recommendation Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I really don't know what your post was trying to achieve. Perhaps some will think you clever.

wtf? :confused:

Some people. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

sporina wrote: »
    thanks for the info...
    sounds a bit grim though - no disrespect to anyone who avails of the service - but its not for me

I would suggest sticking to reviews of places by people that have actually gone to them, not hipster negativity like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Rfrip

https://twitter.com/michelinguideuk/status/1353775140081905664?s=21

Has anyone been? Just awarded Michelin star.
    Mews was gorgeous. Didn’t realise he had opened up another restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

my local Spar has a food truck outside - O'Reilly's on the Carraigcrohane rd.. delicious apparently - gonna have a dirty treat from it this weekend - anyone had anything from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Have gotten Bunsen twice in recent weeks and it was gorgeous both times. Might get it again this weekend although all the chat about Sober Lane goujons might sway me towards some chicken instead :pac:

• Advertisement

Salty wrote: »
    Have gotten Bunsen twice in recent weeks and it was gorgeous both times. Might get it again this weekend although all the chat about Sober Lane goujons might sway me towards some chicken instead :pac:

oh you sooo should... like, they are no ordinary goujons.. but they do have a hint of curry power (just in case you don't like that)..

oh you sooo should... like, they are no ordinary goujons.. but they do have a hint of curry power (just in case you don't like that)..

I am partial to curry so that won't be a problem :pac::D

I am partial to curry so that won't be a problem :pac::D

oh enjoy... gee my mouth is watering lol ... get the chips too - but try and collect - you don't want them rocking around the city on a bike for an hour lol..

i'm gonna try O'Reilly's this weekend..

oh enjoy... gee my mouth is watering lol ... get the chips too - but try and collect - you don't want them rocking around the city on a bike for an hour lol..

i'm gonna try O'Reilly's this weekend..

Thanks for the recommendation! We always collect - I like to have control over my order as much as possible :pac:

Have heard good things about O'Reilly's but have yet to try

Thanks for the recommendation! We always collect - I like to have control over my order as much as possible :pac:

Have heard good things about O'Reilly's but have yet to try

no bother.. absolutely - this kinda food doesn't reheat to well.. enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Have used O'Reilly's in Bandon a few times. Fine, the chips are cooked in rapeseed oil I think and a different taste.
    Not sure how many locations they have? Lunch time if passing I get their turkey ciabatta. Nice with sun dried tomatoes, rocket and emmental cheese. That's in the deli.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

If anyone has not tried the Corn-ish pasties from Osho, I might do soon (lentil version).

The traditional non vegetarian Cornish pasties are sold all over England and can be very nice. Lots of variations... Minted lamb, chicken curry etc.

Surprised we don't have anything like that here!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    If anyone has not tried the Corn-ish pasties from Osho, I might do soon (lentil version).

The traditional non vegetarian Cornish pasties are sold all over England and can be very nice. Lots of variations... Minted lamb, chicken curry etc.

I lived in the UK for a while and we had a Cornish pasty shop in town. They were lovely and great for a quick bite. I wish they were as freely available here. Will have to give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

El Door on McCurtain street do cornish pasties and cheese and onion pasties. They're pretty good.

I stopped going there, though, as during the summer they stopped taking cards - cash only.
    They actually decided to do this during a pandemic!
    I wonder if they lost any more customers over this decision - we were getting all our bread there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Strangely, there's an Asian shop in Ballincollig that does a really good cornish pasty. If your not in early enough the hot ones will be gone but she usually has a few in the fridge.
    The food in there in general is very good and they have a lovely takeaway hot counter. I've only been in a few times but I've never been disappointed with anything I've gotten in there.
    https://www.sensasianfood.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sens Asian are unreal. They do really nice currys

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

bingo9999 wrote: »
    I also hear theyre changing SUAS to Queen of Rebels or something.

Queen of Rebels has been open since the summer, the outdoor area is a nice place for cocktails and food, it was one of my go to places for outdoor dining during level 3. They have the WowBurger menu up over the bar but I asked if I could order from the Captain Americas menu and they were fine with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Queen of Rebels has been open since the summer, the outdoor area is a nice place for cocktails and food, it was one of my go to places for outdoor dining during level 3. They have the WowBurger menu up over the bar but I asked if I could order from the Captain Americas menu and they were fine with it.

Isn’t wowburger gone a few years? They should prob get rid of that menu by now

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

jackrussel wrote: »

I thought in closed in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I thought in closed in 2018.

Yeah, a few years. 2021 now.

• Advertisement

Yeah, a few years. 2021 now.

Ya, I was wondering. It sounded like the place was still open from the way people were talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ya, I was wondering. It sounded like the place was still open from the way people were talking.

I understand that the wow burger menu is available for takeaway from there.
    Multi brand kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone get a takeaway pizza from Rising sons?

I understand that the wow burger menu is available for takeaway from there.
    Multi brand kitchen

Thanks. I ate at Wow Burger once and I remember it was a sizable enough unit. I was wondering how so many brands could operate out of the same building but it makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Yeah it had a fast food type unit a few years ago that closed but now, since last summer, it operates out of Queen of Rebels, much better venue for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Back open again out of Captain Americas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Rfrip

i miss reading posters experiences in restaurants, the good, the bad, the service etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I had dinner in the dining room this evening.
    My girlfriend cooked it. Tasty enough but the service was shocking, slow & waitress was rude when I complained. Then when I was finished dessert, I was asked to go into the kitchen & clean up!

Like I said the food wasn’t bad but overall I wouldn’t recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Be right back

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I had dinner in the dining room this evening.
    My girlfriend cooked it. Tasty enough but the service was shocking, slow & waitress was rude when I complained. Then when I was finished dessert, I was asked to go into the kitchen & clean up!

Like I said the food wasn’t bad but overall I wouldn’t recommend it.

Hope you didn't leave her a tip!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Girlfriend wonted a take away from spice route tonight,

Was in the city after work and was going to walk in and order it,

No one inside the place had a mask on this includes the staff !!!!

I was like f that and walked away without ordering,

Might be OTT but it does make you think twice about ordering and eating somewhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement