Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant Recommendation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Usir

I got Coriander take away from their Ballincollig address last weekend and it was fantastic, try the Farmers Butter Chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Mardyke wrote: »
    There was a Lal Quila in Ballincollig that morphed into Coriander. Same gang I assumed. They are also the same gang as Spice of India in Bishopstown, I always thought.

Same gang, I've called spice of India and got delivery/receipt from Ballincollig :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

No, that's Coriander now, separate to the old Lal Quila which had numerous health and safety breaches.

I rang Coriander before asking this as Lal Quila was still on Just Eat with the Douglas address.. and they told me not to order from Lal Quila, as it was someone else using that name with Coriander's address, according to the guy on the phone. Weird.

Ive ordered from Coriander and Lal Quila recently and they are definitely not the same eatery even though they share the same address on Just Eat. Very weird indeed.

Where could they be operating from I wonder. . Maybe its Bishopstown. I know Spice Of India well. They are the same crowd for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Coriander in Douglas is really good. Up there with Haveli I think. Lal Quila used to be decent but went downhill. As far as I know they are unrelated to Coriander.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭sporina

yeah!!! Sober Lane reopens this weekend!! #getyourgoujonson :p:p:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭Rfrip

sporina wrote: »

Was literally gonna come on and post this...it’s been at least 20 posts since there’s been one on those goujons:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Friday night takeaway sorted :D I missed them the last few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Joes and bros evening menu also returning from Thursday, unsure about delivery their lunch has been collection only but either way glad to see their evening menu return!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is electric going to open up then so and Arthur maynes. Arthur maybes do nice tapas style food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭sporina

fin12 wrote: »
    Is electric going to open up then so and Arthur maynes. Arthur maybes do nice tapas style food.

I dunno.. i just saw about Sober Lane on FB...

I know that Naturally Nourished started back this week too ... i really like their food for lunch from time to time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Maynes belongs to Benny, Sober Lane and Electric are Ernests

rob316 wrote: »

Ya thanks , that’s why I’m thinking if sober lane is opening, good chance electric will. Id murder one of their hollaback girl cocktails.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Dumplings!

https://doubleeight.ie/?fbclid=IwAR2GlFjpD3hQg09in7NQxL5Ig0ouwTRYKPMPtODR9zh4R10-nvcP5SRUs2o#menu

South main Street. Where wagamama used to be?

I'll take those Dan Dan noodles for a fiver though!

Smacked Cucumber!
    Dumplings!

Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Dumplings!

https://doubleeight.ie/?fbclid=IwAR2GlFjpD3hQg09in7NQxL5Ig0ouwTRYKPMPtODR9zh4R10-nvcP5SRUs2o#menu

South main Street. Where wagamama used to be?

I'll take those Dan Dan noodles for a fiver though!

Smacked Cucumber!
    Dumplings!

Yum.

Looks greatt.
    Very limited menu, though.

Looks greatt.
    Very limited menu, though.

Very limited.
    I wouldn't be into the desserts either.

And I'm not going to pay €3.5 for a vithit.

But, dumplings...

I loved the dim sum in YMY.
    But a bit pricey.

Very limited.
    I wouldn't be into the desserts either.

And I'm not going to pay €3.5 for a vithit.

But, dumplings...

I loved the dim sum in YMY.
    But a bit pricey.

I hadn't looked at their desserts.
    Yeah, not a single temptation there.

We stopped going to ymy a couple of years ago - it just seemed to disimorove anytime we went.
    Much bigger selection of dumplings, though.

Anyway, will try it and must give the pierogi place a go, too - although some pierogi can be a bit heavy and stodgy, I find.

I hadn't looked at their desserts.
    Yeah, not a single temptation there.

We stopped going to ymy a couple of years ago - it just seemed to disimorove anytime we went.
    Much bigger selection of dumplings, though.

Anyway, will try it and must give the pierogi place a go, too - although some pierogi can be a bit heavy and stodgy, I find.

Absolutely the same feelings TBR.

YMY seem to have gone down hill. Different menu depending on the day, but still €€€.

I haven't had any takeaway food during the pandemic though.

I dunno. Seems odd. If I can't sit down in a place, I'll just make my own dinner, thank you.

But, dumplings...

I haven't had any takeaway food during the pandemic though.

I dunno. Seems odd. If I can't sit down in a place, I'll just make my own dinner, thank you.

But, dumplings...

Pretty much the same. We've had Iyer's a couple of times as it's very close to us, we love the food and wish to support but if they ever offer seating again the takeaways will end for us.

I grab a Jianbing on occasion but that's eaten on the street.

Like you, I just don't get takeaway at home and I hate all the packaging.

Oh, I lie. We've had fish and chips at home from sea salt.

Pretty much the same. We've had Iyer's a couple of times as it's very close to us, we love the food and wish to support but if they ever offer seating again the takeaways will end for us.

I grab a Jianbing on occasion but that's eaten on the street.

Like you, I just don't get takeaway at home and I hate all the packaging.

Oh, I lie. We've had fish and chips at home from sea salt.

Oh, how was Sea Salt?

Similar quality to the Fishwife?

I love Iyers too, used to go there most Saturdays.
    I just wish he shaked up the menu a bit. It's a little samey (are you listening Gautham?)

Oh, how was Sea Salt?

Similar quality to the Fishwife?

I love Iyers too, used to go there most Saturdays.
    I just wish he shaked up the menu a bit. It's a little samey (are you listening Gautham?)

Sea Salt was very good. Every bit as good as Fish wife. The portion of fish we got was ridiculously huge but very good. Will definitely go again.

I really miss sitting in in Iyer's and the old menu, too. Some of the limitations seem odd, now.
    For example, you can get samosa chat but not just samosas. Last week chili cassava was available as part of a meal deal, but not on its own. I know they are trying to simplify the work flow but some of it doesn't seem to make sense, to me.

Anyway, I'm glad they are open again, will try earlier tomorrow as I failed to get food from them last weekend!

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »

Hopefully Ernest heeds the message from the Taoiseach that people should forget about takeaway pints .......... having the Peace Park like a Beer Garden was a joke.

Augeo wrote: »
    Hopefully Ernest heeds the message from the Taoiseach that people should forget about takeaway pints .......... having the Peace Park like a Beer Garden was a joke.

Sorry all the above do takeaway food. Nobody is bothering their h*le with takeaway drinks and hanging around, have u noticed the weather lately.

Eh the weather was similar a couple of months ago and fookloads were bothering with takeaway drinks kid.

Eh the weather was similar a couple of months ago and fookloads were bothering with takeaway drinks kid.

No it f*cking wasn’t, I don’t remember any ice warnings in November. Grow up.

Oh my, such aggression. Apologies if my comment upset you.

Ya thanks , that’s why I’m thinking if sober lane is opening, good chance electric will. Id murder one of their hollaback girl cocktails.
    Sorry all the above do takeaway food. Nobody is bothering their h*le with takeaway drinks ....................

You seem keen on a takeaway drink though :confused:

You seem keen on a takeaway drink though :confused:

Ya I do like getting takeaway drink but I drink it at home, u know that is an option. I’m not freezing my ass of right now on the street drinking them.

OK, I might get in trouble here for back seat moderating but I really don't care.
    This is a valuable thread and it will get closed if people don't stop bickering and being disrespectful.

So, can posters, please stop referring to other posters with terms like "lad", and "kid". It's really passive aggressive, rude and disrespectful.

Why the need for adding any address at the end of your posts? Is it just to poke and annoy?

There's a few posters at it all the time.
    Please stop.

Also things like, "cop on", "grow up" etc.
    No one here has any right to tell any other poster what to do. Attack the post not the poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭opus

I dunno.. i just saw about Sober Lane on FB...

I know that Naturally Nourished started back this week too ... i really like their food for lunch from time to time

It is indeed, got a takeaway for lunch there today. Menu is reduced somewhat but still plenty choice. Quite nice to sit on the benches on the quay in the sunshine with a very noticeable lack of traffic. If only the drone wasn't flying around all the time we were there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

A bit of civility and manners go a long way. Behave or be gone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement