Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

threeball wrote:
    That alone is enough to bring this team on 10-15%. A stronger back 6 with more emphasis on attack will make us dangerous but i'm certain that Kyne to CB has to be tried at the very least.

Ryan Forde and Mulkerrins should be pushing hard for the 6 jersey this year too along with what has already been mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Does concannon miss the senior final after his ban was upheld from the u21 sending off?

I says wrote:
    Does concannon miss the senior final after his ban was upheld from the u21 sending off?

Looks like he is unless he appeals. Rule is different than I thought. If he was U21 against next year he would be allowed play on Sunday. As he's no longer U21 and Galway are out of the U21 final his suspension now moves to the senior grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Looks like he is unless he appeals. Rule is different than I thought. If he was U21 against next year he would be allowed play on Sunday. As he's no longer U21 and Galway are out of the U21 final his suspension now moves to the senior grade.

Tipp successfully appealed their sending off but as Concannon's looked more blatant, it might be a big ask to get him off.

• Advertisement

MfMan wrote:
    Tipp successfully appealed their sending off but as Concannon's looked more blatant, it might be a big ask to get him off.

For what he did I don't see him getting off. Still thinks it's hugely unfair. From my understanding let's say it was Jack Canning that was sent off and he was part of the senior set up since he's eligible for U21 again next the game would carry to that competition and he could still play for the seniors on Sunday. Big disappointment for a lad so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Ompala

MfMan wrote: »

I said at the time Concannon deserved his red card and I stand by it. But for him to miss out on the senior final, given it is a separate competition, is quite unfair imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FirstFiveEigth

Ompala wrote: »
    I said at the time Concannon deserved his red card and I stand by it. But for him to miss out on the senior final, given it is a separate competition, is quite unfair imo.

I think it's perfectly fair to be honest, it's not as if it's a different sport or anything. If a rugby player is banned for their province that carries over to international games and across different club tournaments. I have some sympathy for the player as he'll miss the All-Ireland but it was a clear red, he can't have any complaints really, although I do think it's a stupid rule that it only carries over due to being his last year u21.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SarahOH

Chances on getting a ticket in Dub on Sunday morning?? Have always managed to get tickets through the club somehow or other over the years but having a nightmare this year!! Might chance my arm and go up to Dub anyways but don’t know if I’ll have much chance?? Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭mjp

Always got tickets match day around drumcondra for most all Ireland's but luckily had one last year cause there were hundreds of people going around with signs from o connel st up and from talking to friends who watched match n pub up there there were very few spares around and lots had to watch it in pubs.

Don't think there will be a massive Galway crowd there compared to last year and can see Limerick outnumbering us bigtime on sunday.Been a long year for fans with replays and footballers being in Croker 3 times already this year. Hoping that Galway fans try and look after their own first with any spare tickets they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

SarahOH wrote: »
    Chances on getting a ticket in Dub on Sunday morning?? Have always managed to get tickets through the club somehow or other over the years but having a nightmare this year!! Might chance my arm and go up to Dub anyways but don’t know if I’ll have much chance?? Any opinions?
    As above. I’m out of the country until Saturday night so I won’t be getting up until the day of the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

mjp wrote: »
    Always got tickets match day around drumcondra for most all Ireland's but luckily had one last year cause there were hundreds of people going around with signs from o connel st up and from talking to friends who watched match n pub up there there were very few spares around and lots had to watch it in pubs.

Don't think there will be a massive Galway crowd there compared to last year and can see Limerick outnumbering us bigtime on sunday.Been a long year for fans with replays and footballers being in Croker 3 times already this year. Hoping that Galway fans try and look after their own first with any spare tickets they have.

Galway fans will of course travel as always. Big demand for tickets in the county.

djPSB wrote: »
    Galway fans will of course travel as always. Big demand for tickets in the county.

Agree! They’re gold dust in Galway! Being crawling the town all week but having a nightmare trying to get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

Dilemma with going up without a ticket is that if I don’t end up with one (which I realise is a strong possibility) I would much rather watch it in Galway than the Big Tree/Quinn’s etc,. Weighing up whether to go or not. Obviously there is that chance of getting sorted but demand seems to be throug the roof. Luckily I got sorted on the eve of the final last year but doesn’t look likely this time around.

Any word on how club allocations compare this year to last. Heard there was increase from 600 to 3,500 in Galway season ticket numbers this year and that these all have to be looked after in co board allocation so probably see a reduction in numbers received by clubs. Could be wrong in that either as they may come from central allocation

Any word on how club allocations compare this year to last. Heard there was increase from 600 to 3,500 in Galway season ticket numbers this year and that these all have to be looked after in co board allocation so probably see a reduction in numbers received by clubs. Could be wrong in that either as they may come from central allocation

Club allocations in Galway are down 30% from last year.

djPSB wrote:
    Club allocations in Galway are down 30% from last year.

Is this due to season ticket numbers or what's reason for it do you know?

Is this due to season ticket numbers or what's reason for it do you know?

Supposedly due to season tickets.

But the system is fairly corrupt and all about money really.

The County Board are hosting sponsored corporate events. It's something like €2500 to sponsor a table for for which the sponsor gets 10 match tickets.

The county board are also selling €50 raffle tickets. If you sell a book of 5 tickets, you have option to buy a match ticket.

So there are alot of tickets being lost to events like these where the genuine club member is being deprived of tickets. Money talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Supposedly due to season tickets.

But the system is fairly corrupt and all about money really.

The County Board are hosting sponsored corporate events. It's something like €2500 to sponsor a table for for which the sponsor gets 10 match tickets.

The county board are also selling €50 raffle tickets. If you sell a book of 5 tickets, you have option to buy a match ticket.

So there are alot of tickets being lost to events like these where the genuine club member is being deprived of tickets. Money talks.

The lad who is down in the field training the underage teams is soon forgotten about.

Would love to get a break down of where the tickets go.

See below a guided breakdown came across online. County allocations range from 57,000 to 60,000 depending on where you read but that must be accurate enough.

This is an estimated breakdown of where the 82,300 (the Capacity of Croke Park) Tickets go. The figures are based on various published and verbal reports.

County allocations: 57,000.
    Notes:
    – Tickets are allocated based on the number of Clubs and the Membership in each county.
    – The Counties competing in the Senior Final may receive in the region of 13,000 Tickets each.
    – Above Figure includes 6,700 Season Ticket Holders
    – Meanwhile, the Minor Counties receive in the region of 2,000.

Overseas Clubs and Bodies: 1,000.
    Provinces Councils: 330.
    Central Council, former Presidents, Public Representatives: 1,000.
    – The Taoiseach, members of the Government, TDs from both competing counties while representatives of the local authorities in the counties involved all get access to purchase tickets.

GAA staff and sub-committees: 750.

Camogie: 120.
    Ladies’ Football: 150.
    Rounders and handball: 150.
    Irish Sports Council and health bodies: 60.

Sponsors: 1,000.
    Media: 340.

Schools and educational bodies: 2,400.

Croke Park Residents: 250.

Match officials and National Referees’ Panel: 100.

Match day use (a vague description!) / Vertigo*: 80.
    – Ticket holders in the Upper Tiers of the Stands can request to change seat of they’re experiencing dizziness or Vertigo.

Player’s Tickets:
    – (Competing Counties): Senior Teams 540 while 70 are made available to the Minor Players.
    – Inter-County Panels: 1,920.

Jubilee teams: 70.
    INTO Mini-sevens: 240.

10 Year (Term) Tickets: 4,200.
    – The current tranche of 10 Year Ticket Packages cost €2,500 however it is alleged that the price is set to rise to €3,500.

Premium Level and Corporate Boxes Seating: 10,528.
    – Premium seats are sold to individuals on a fixed basis of between three and ten years. Prices range from €5,000 to €12,500 and you can buy one here. Premium Tickets are not available for resale but can be exchanged with other Premium Ticket Holders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

kala85 wrote: »
    The lad who is down in the field training the underage teams is soon forgotten about.

If anyone in any county can ever provide me with the name of a club man like this who has failed to get an AI ticket I will personally give them €1,000, no one has ever failed to get a ticket to an AI that deserved one and that is an absolute fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭CowGoesMoo100

Pogue eile wrote: »
    If anyone in any county can ever provide me with the name of a club man like this who has failed to get an AI ticket I will personally give them €1,000, no one has ever failed to get a ticket to an AI that deserved one and that is an absolute fact.

Because the GAA are sweeties who operate with good intentions and have the publics best interests at heart....

Hanbury a doubt.

Would like to see back line of.

1. Skehill
    2. Tuohy
    3. Daithi
    4. Harte
    5. Mcinerney
    6. Mannion - to mark Hayes
    7. J Cooney - to counteract physical presence of Hegarty

Hanbury a doubt.

Would like to see back line of.

1. Skehill
    2. Tuohy
    3. Daithi
    4. Harte
    5. Mcinerney
    6. Mannion - to mark Hayes
    7. J Cooney - to counteract physical presence of Hegarty

Is Hanbury injured or?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johndeff2017

Pogue eile wrote: »
    kala85 wrote: »

Stop trolling ....there are genuine supporters who spend countless hours helping train clubs underage clubs who every year regardless of counties involved in the all ireland will never get the sniff of a ticket.
    Read the threads club allocations have been cut .....where are these tickets for the individuals going to come from ?
    All ireland ticket distributions do not look after clubs only supporters prepared to pay ... €€€€€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Kerry man here lads, wishing ye the very best of luck for Sunday. Father is a Galway man, so when it comes to the hurling, Galway is always who I follow. Gaillimh Abú!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Kerry man here lads, wishing ye the very best of luck for Sunday. Father is a Galway man, so when it comes to the hurling, Galway is always who I follow. Gaillimh Abú!

Cheers Pat. Which part of Galway he from? Does your good intentions extend to sending up a sheaf of tickets for Sunday? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

SarahOH wrote: »
    Is Hanbury injured or?

News to me.

Indo today reporting he's a doubt with an ankle injury. Doubt there's much to it and would need to be a very bad injury to keep him out of an all Ireland final.

Galway wont mind rumour like that doing the rounds to put doubt into limerick players minds asto who they will face up against.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

My prediction for the final;
    • Galway to make a surprise starting player announcement before throw in.
    • Limerick to lack discipline and have a player sent off for a straight red.
    • Whelan to score a goal.
    • Galway to win by 5 points.
    • Man of the match: P Mannion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement