Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭threeball

ProudDUB wrote: »
    And I'd encourage all Limerick supporters with an ounce of cop on, to leave the players alone. They're playing in an AI final in a couple of hours FFS. Leave them be !

:D:D:D

Jesus lads this is grim.

It's about 80/20 to Limerick, you'd swear we're only in the minor game.

How did they get this many tickets , it's not as if there wasn't interest and we outnumbered Waterford last year.

JP was greasing palms round the county board circuit apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

threeball wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Wanker ! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

That was some second half from the minors.

Jesus lads this is grim.

It's about 80/20 to Limerick, you'd swear we're only in the minor game.

How did they get this many tickets , it's not as if there wasn't interest and we outnumbered Waterford last year.

60/40 at worst.

• Advertisement

grbear wrote: »
    That was some second half from the minors.

Mcdonagh made a big impact. Great to see lads from all areas of the county coming through.

What a load of rubbish.

Zero learned from the previous games.

Pucking it short and no idea where to go next bar down the line or take someone on... Limericks pucking it short and being able to fumble it and pick it up.

Terrible balls into forwards and Limerick being able to put balls in front of their forwards.

Must have pucked 1-4 to them in poor passes.

Not sure on the wide count but as bad as the last few games I'm sure.

Can't expect to win an AI scoring 2 points in 20mins of the half.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Stinking the place out but still in the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭CowGoesMoo100

People will say what great character to come back but sorry that was utterly scandalous. To play like that for 90% of an all Ireland final is a joke. Where was the hunger ? Shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Didn't turn up today at all, we made an awful lot of mistakes but a lot of that is down to the pressure Limerick put us under to be fair to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

People will say what great character to come back but sorry that was utterly scandalous. To play like that for 90% of an all Ireland final is a joke. Where was the hunger ? Shocking

They choked on the day. With Kilkenny and Tipperary gone from an early stage the pressure was on Galway as favourites. Galway's list of near misses grows longer, 20 All Ireland defeats now.

How bad was that.

Limericks were ripe for the taking and we still lost it.

MD either needs to wield the axe on the squad and bring in some new coaches or he should leave as that's numerous repititions of that clueless play.
    We've done that numerous times in the league the past few years but brought it to championship this year.

Think too many players are too comfortable.

Ffs two backs getting balls taken off them for goals in an AI and Burke pucking them the other.
    Hit or lost 75% of their scores to them.

Never been as angry or depressed after a final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Agree with the above sentiments, I think it's among the most disappointed I've been leaving Croker after a Galway game, and I'm talking both codes. We left that one behind. There's no 2 ways about it. We played for 10 mins, didn't bother with the other 70. Absolutely flat. Incomprehensible considering the stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Galway were poor but two of their goals should have been frees out. He should have dealt out a few cards too. It's infuriating watching a sport and not seeing the rules implemented consistently.

Genuinely think he's a very poor referee.

Galway weren't Google enough in the middle of the park for the 2nd quarter in particular but when Limerick are more mobile you have to adjust we should be isolating matchup inside, if they want to double mark anyone then we've free bodies. MD not quick enough to react imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Jesus I love all these internet experts 10 mins after losing an all Ireland final . Didn’t play well on the day that happens . But the usual lads can’t wait to stick the knife in . Maybe a few of ye should apply to be Galway manager in both codes as ye seem to have all the answers . To me them players are still hero s . Win together lose together

spurshero wrote: »
    Jesus I love all these internet experts 10 mins after losing an all Ireland final . Didn’t play well on the day that happens . But the usual lads can’t wait to stick the knife in . Maybe a few of ye should apply to be Galway manager in both codes as ye seem to have all the answers . To me them players are still hero s . Win together lose together

Fair play, guess all our opinions that aren't positive are invalid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Everybody is entitled to there opinion . But these lads are amateurs with normal lives like ourselves . They give a lot of themselves to wear the jersey . No matter what way ya look at it there after losing an all Ireland final by a point even if it could have been lot more . How do ya think they feel ? I was talking to a Galway footballer Friday night who says there getting constant stick off fans and very little support . He actually thanked me for going to Croke Park last sat as all they were hearing was what’s the point in going up to play Dublin . This was after they got to league final won Connacht and beat Kerry . I say they wonder why they bother at times . I think sometimes supporters should think of players that put in all the effort rather then themselves . This is just my opinion . Maybe I’m wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Hard luck Galway. I felt Galway didn't perform the way they normally can but Limerick played very well today and still at the very end Galway nearly won it. You have a great team and it's hard to take a loss today but no doubt you will be back contesting the All Ireland Final again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Well said.serious misfire for the lads today but that's sport and they came up against a seriously hungry limerick side and still came within a point in the finish.
    The hunger will be back in the Galway side next year and congrats to the minors.a great crop of players coming up. And those questioning Michael Donoghue need to step away from the keyboard and head outside. The fresh air might better yere heads.onwards and upwards for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

10 minutes, bout the same amount of time Galway decided to play a bit of hurling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Galway were poor but two of their goals should have been frees out. He should have dealt out a few cards too. It's infuriating watching a sport and not seeing the rules implemented consistently.

Genuinely think he's a very poor referee.

Galway weren't Google enough in the middle of the park for the 2nd quarter in particular but when Limerick are more mobile you have to adjust we should be isolating matchup inside, if they want to double mark anyone then we've free bodies. MD not quick enough to react imo.

As a neutral I’d have to agree with you on the referee.
    Push in the back in the lead up to first goal and I counted 8 steps in the act of scoring the second.
    The only thing I’d praise him for was the amount of time he added on as every time Galway had a score which threatened to turn the game in their favour a Limerick player went down requiring treatment, a tactic they’ve been using all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

Hard luck today

Galway have been indifferent all year , last year took its toll

The ref was poor today

Could canning have went short with the free ? He was immense btw

C__MC wrote: »
    Hard luck today

Galway have been indifferent all year , last year took its toll

The ref was poor today

Could canning have went short with the free ? He was immense btw

Pretty much sums the situation up.

He could have but then again if it hadn't come off people would be asking why he didn't shoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    As a neutral I’d have to agree with you on the referee.
    Push in the back in the lead up to first goal and I counted 8 steps in the act of scoring the second.
    The only thing I’d praise him for was the amount of time he added on as every time Galway had a score which threatened to turn the game in their favour a Limerick player went down requiring treatment, a tactic they’ve been using all year.

Ah yes, a neutral...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Skehill was a disaster has been all year in goal there has to be better goalkeepers in Galway....
    Time to bring back iarla tannian he would have been a great player to bring on for mcinerney

• Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Skehill was a disaster has been all year in goal there has to be better goalkeepers in Galway....
    Time to bring back iarla tannian he would have been a great player to bring on for mcinerney

The man literally put his body on the line to stop a shot and you post this crap, easy to talk sitting at home isn't it.

The man literally put his body on the line to stop a shot and you post this crap, easy to talk sitting at home isn't it.

I'm on about the 1st goal he should have done better

YA it was a good save and fair bravery with the last save and wen he'd to go off

Hes not a great keeper he's standard

U think d 1st goal would have went in if callanan was in goal? No he would ave attacked it instead of diving trying to save it see at the other end quaid attacked it if he'd dived on it was a certain goal skehill should have smothered it

Dickie9 wrote: »
    I'm on about the 1st goal he should have done better

YA it was a good save and fair bravery with the last save and wen he'd to go off

Hes not a great keeper he's standard

U think d 1st goal would have went in if callanan was in goal? No he would ave attacked it instead of diving trying to save it see at the other end quaid attacked it if he'd dived on it was a certain goal skehill should have smothered it
    Would ave been a throw ball at worst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Limerick were better its that easy to understand .
    I wish them well 1973 I think when they got Liam and they wanted it back today fair play to them .
    Galway came up against a team that had a mission and were well beaten really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

O.A.P wrote: »
    Limerick were better its that easy to understand .
    I wish them well 1973 I think when they got Liam and they wanted it back today fair play to them .
    Galway came up against a team that had a mission and were well beaten really.

Limerick were very beatable today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement