Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Jacovs wrote: »
    Just got my text to say ready for collection, so hope i can just do it at the self service kiosk and be gone. Will know in an hour.

Thad what i did. Wasnt a bother on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Naid23 wrote: »
    Thad what i did. Wasnt a bother on it!

I just got a call off them to say i cant get it for that price will have to pay full price. So idk is it still worth driving there to try on the kiosk or not.
    Would they have removed the reservation number or have it blocked so it wont work on the kiosk now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭SteM

I just got a call off them to say i cant get it for that price will have to pay full price. So idk is it still worth driving there to try on the kiosk or not.
    Would they have removed the reservation number or have it blocked so it wont work on the kiosk now?

Which store did you order it in?

SteM wrote: »
    Which store did you order it in?

Omni. They had sold one today while being aware of the misprice but wouldnt sell it to me, thats coming from the manager herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭geotrig

Tried with my code this evening and price is back to normal ,: ( ah well would have been nice to get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

geotrig wrote: »
    Tried with my code this evening and price is back to normal ,: ( ah well would have been nice to get

I had the same problem this morning in Navan but the manager honoured the reservation price. Also picked up ninjago fire mech for €19.39. That’s santy sorted, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Was refused earlier today in Dun Laoghaire

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

crazyderk wrote: »
    Was refused earlier today in Dun Laoghaire
    Well that saves me sending my missis down to DL.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Was refused in the ilac and got one in Stephens green!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭SteM

Got refused in tallaght. They told me they left me a voice mail to tell me about the price change but I didn't get any voice mail or missed call from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

rman2727 wrote: »
    I had the same problem this morning in Navan but the manager honoured the reservation price. Also picked up ninjago fire mech for €19.39. That’s santy sorted, delighted.

Now what are you getting the kids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

-Toppy- wrote: »

Of course they have...it's a "great new price"

They have to make their money with giving us a €10 for items over €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

syboit wrote: »

AFAIK Adverts is a commercial site. If people want to flip things, I don't think its against the rules anymore. Spoiling someone advert might be. Its not the old community site that it used to be.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Someone offer €42.50... please.

But yeah, I don't think the Opportunism Police have a role here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

3 for 2 on toys in Argos at the moment, including Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Not sure if it's been posted already, but just noticed that Smyths have the Old Fishing Store reduced to €119.99. Beautiful set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Not sure if it's been posted already, but just noticed that Smyths have the Old Fishing Store reduced to €119.99. Beautiful set.

That’s a great price, annoyed I bought it for €150 from lego direct, didn’t expect it to appear in Smyths. I wish they had the modular buildings, the last one I remember in store was the pet shop. I see the Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ is at €299.99, a decent saving of €60, and the Silent Mary and Snowspeeder are €165 each too.

Smyths have loads of specials on their Lego sets.
    Most notably the death star for 365 and another 12 off a 100 spend, so 353.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

€365 for death star is great value IMO

€365 for death star is great value IMO

+1, and +1, and +1+1+1+1+11111

Any Star Wars fan Owes it to themselves to own and display this set. It’s fantastic, and so much playability for someone of any age too. ;) I made a stop motion short movie using it when I got it when it was originally released 8 or 9 years ago (it’s gotten over 4 million views too!). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

+1, and +1, and +1+1+1+1+11111

Any Star Wars fan Owes it to themselves to own and display this set. It’s fantastic, and so much playability for someone of any age too. ;) I made a stop motion short movie using it when I got it when it was originally released 8 or 9 years ago (it’s gotten over 4 million views too!). :)

I'm really interested in the Snowspeeder. Down to €165 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm really interested in the Snowspeeder. Down to €165 as well.

And is there the extra €16 off that? Are the orders stackable? Like the €10o and the €50?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    And is there the extra €16 off that? Are the orders stackable? Like the €10o and the €50?

You can avail of €12 off a spend of €100 or more, so yeah if you’re buying the Death Star, make sure to use the offer and you’d get it for €353 (I think they’d take it off at the till anyway but no harm to ask just in case, or add the code at the checkout if you’re buying online). And the Snowspeeder would be €153 with these discount. If you’re buying multiple items, make separate transactions to maximise savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You can avail of €12 off a spend of €100 or more, so yeah if you’re buying the Death Star, make sure to use the offer and you’d get it for €353 (I think they’d take it off at the till anyway but no harm to ask just in case, or add the code at the checkout if you’re buying online). And the Snowspeeder would be €153 with these discount. If you’re buying multiple items, make separate transactions to maximise savings.

Can you though? Are you sure they’re not a one use voucher and will scan again?

Can you though? Are you sure they’re not a one use voucher and will scan again?

I’m very certain, I’ve availed of similar offers instore at Smyths in the recent past and the staff were happy to take several transactions to allow me to save money on each one. The offer is valid instore and on click-and-collect orders, it doesn’t apply to online delivery purchases as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Hi Folks,
    Im on the looking out for EV3 for xmas and considering a purchase if there are any deals on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I have come across it in Eason's for 265euro which seems pretty good to me.

https://www.easons.com/lego-mindstorms-ev3-816-7300495?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2oXX2bLS1wIV7LXtCh0knwidEAQYASABEgJ8nPD_BwE

Anyone else got any suggestion on where to look or see any deals on it.

Thanks

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Thats a great price for it in Ireland, Amazon UK are selling it £229 but after parcelmotel etc you are not far off -hopefully they will get in stock
    Toppy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Death Star sold out up and down the country now. Gave a straight hint to Mrs Clause last night but no joy. There were 21 nationwide and 2 locally at the time. Oh well...

Advertisement