Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Anyone here read about the brickbug issue.? I ran the got brickbug app and it says my phone can get it..

I'm on Siyah / CM9 and want to dual boot another rom but xda is too much effort right now... Been on it all morning trying to get my head around it.

Brickbug relates to official Samsung rom (vant remember which one) all cm 9/10 builds are their derivatives are fine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bloody hell - RR(ICS) - full charged and only getting 7 hours with 13% battery remaining..says 3 hours remaining. Checked the battery and set the Android OS was using 64% what the hell??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

closeline wrote: »
    Anyone??

you have a rooted phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Mc Love wrote: »
    Bloody hell - RR(ICS) - full charged and only getting 7 hours with 13% battery remaining..says 3 hours remaining. Checked the battery and set the Android OS was using 64% what the hell??

Ignore that screen its useless, is is high when nothing else is using the phone ie if you didn't use phone at all over a charge is would be 100 etc...

Download better battery stats on xda or play store and see what's causing wake locks or partial wake locks and keeping your phone awake and draining battery.

Its pretty much gone now - only 1% left. Cant believe its after dropping so much. Normally its a lot better, I havent even used it much as I am in the office today :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

irishgeo wrote: »
    you have a rooted phone?
    What's that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hi lads what's the best way to upgrade to ICS? Currently on Android 2.3.5.

http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

Mc Love wrote: »

I had the same till I switched to siyah Kernel.. Give it a go and then check for wakelocks if its still bad.

I had the same till I switched to siyah Kernel.. Give it a go and then check for wakelocks if its still bad.

Its running 3.0.32-Siyah-v3.2.7.2 at the moment

Try Siyah 4.. I know fek all really but it worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Anyone's SII having huge problems with the latest Facebook upgrade? Mine crashes all the time now.

Does your phone have to be rooted to upgrade to ICS??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Does your phone have to be rooted to upgrade to ICS??

No.

ICS is the latest official update.

Rooting your phone has absolutely nothing to do with upgrading the software.

Rooting just (basically) gives you administrator rights to files on the phone (which you would otherwise not have access to), ie root access.

(probably a lot of folk who could explain this waaaay better than me)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

No. If you go Alliance or Darky it will be rooted AFTER the installation.

Ghandee wrote: »
    No.

ICS is the latest official update.

Rooting your phone has absolutely nothing to do with upgrading the software.

Rooting just (basically) gives you administrator rights to files on the phone (which you would otherwise not have access to), ie root access.

(probably a lot of folk who could explain this waaaay better than me)

Ok so whats the best way to upgrade. Should I download Kies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Just got an S2 guys.

Loving it just a little unsure as it has Android 4.0.4 ICS

I want to put my phone into 2G mode but there isn't a direct option...

The only thing I think it maybe is: Settings/More/Mobile Networks/Network Mode

I've given three options:

1. GSM/WCDMA (Auto Mode)
    2. GSM Only
    3. WCDMW only

Is option 2 2G mode essentially?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ya option 2 I think.
    Download an app called Easy Battery Saver. It allows you to turn off data easily.

Now my question. On boards.ie and other sites I cant view Youtube clips. Why? Some say to refresh page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Ya option 2 I think.
    Download an app called Easy Battery Saver. It allows you to turn off data easily.

Now my question. On boards.ie and other sites I cant view Youtube clips. Why? Some say to refresh page.

What browser are you using ?

Dolphin HD....

How do I 'find on page'?

Just switched to this browser today. Loving it, except can't seem to find that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Long press on the address bar for Find on page, should be the last option.

• Advertisement

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Long press on the address bar for Find on page, should be the last option.

Cheers bop!

Think this may very well be a keeper now! Very pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It is just the standard browser on the GS2. In fact for boards I just use the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

It is just the standard browser on the GS2. In fact for boards I just use the app.

boards doesn't have an official app so what one are you using?

Any security concerns about where your user name and password are transmitted when you log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Right lads, Been having problems with my gs2 for about six months.. USB port from what I can make out. Symptoms where not connecting to pc at all and every time I unplugged the charger I got an error saying 'overcharging-charging paused' and a restart was required every time, also massive battery drain.
    So, I bought a new usb ribbon about 4 months ago, got around to changing it 2 days ago... Now the phone won't charge at all. When I plug the charger in, nothing.. If I plug it in and restart the phone it shows that it is charging but it is not.
    Now I don't know whether to buy another one and try again or just bring it somewhere.. Problem is I rely very heavily on the phone and can't be without it for more than a day or 2 so back to Samsung on warranty is not really an option.

Any thoughts or ideas??
    Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

It's the port, 40eu to get it replaced.
    Has mine done a few weeks back

Took 2 hours in the phone shop on Talbot street

subway wrote: »
    Took 2 hours in the phone shop on Talbot street

Don't happen to have a number for that shop or know the name of it?

Gsm connection
    01 8747560

Best to just drop in and tell them it's urgent. I've never made an appointment with them.

It's near gardiner street junction across from Murray medical

subway wrote: »
    Gsm connection
    01 8747560

Best to just drop in and tell them it's urgent. I've never made an appointment with them.

It's near gardiner street junction across from Murray medical

Excellent, thanks subway.. Will be traveling up from Wexford so want to make sure they have the part and can do it before I go..

Thanks again..

• Advertisement

I wouldn't go all the way up just for the phone! I'm sure you'll find somewhere in the south east?

Advertisement