Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

humanji wrote: »
    This drives me mental, for some reason. This and the "Warning: This game autosaves!" screen. Why do you need to tell me?
    Because it's a platform holder requirement, at least on the consoles. It avoids the litany of "omfgz my game didn't save!111" complaints which would happen if people did stupid things while the game was saving. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Azza wrote: »
    Again the first 2/3 of the game had at most 2 distinct paths to an objective. Once you got to the objective you could approach for several different positions and use different weapons and nano suit abilties. The last 3rd of Crysis was totally linear.

Aside from the last 3rd of Crysis being linear, you couldnt possibly be more wrong. 2 distinct paths to an objective? I just replayed the game and was still finding different ways to tackle the game. Hell i made it through almost the entire first 2/3rd without even firing a gun

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

gizmo wrote: »
    Because it's a platform holder requirement, at least on the consoles. It avoids the litany of "omfgz my game didn't save!111" complaints which would happen if people did stupid things while the game was saving. :)
    Nonsense. It's because they're jerks and I'll accept no other reason! :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I played Crysis 3-4 times.

You go through the first 2/3rds of the game without killing anyone just by using the stealth function on your suit, regardless of the route you take. I used the stealth fucntion alot on my first play through. I didn't enjoy it that much. On playthroughs afterwords I used a balanced approach which was much more fun.

You say there is more than 2 paths. Really I didn't see that. I'll give example in the first 3 missions.

Level 1
    First mission objective totally linear. Second mission objective, take land route or go by boot. 3rd objective there is only 1 path to it, which involves back tracking the land route.

Mission 2.
    2 paths to mission objective (the town with the gas station and school) both paths are beside each other. Moderatly wide paths and an elevation seperates them. Once you get to the town there is 2 entry points. Once in the town you can approach the target from multiplal angles. Next mission objective is get to the cave. 2 paths but they are very narrow there is almost no difference between them.

Mission 3.
    Objective 1, has 2 paths, quite wide. One leads to the rope bridge and the other goes much further around by road. Seond objective has 2 paths (river and road) but river only goes part way there. Once you get to your objective you have 2 angles to attack from. Final objective requires you to backtrack to objective 1 and from there on its a total linear path to end of the level (the part where you fight the Korean Nano suit troops.

The 4th and 5th missions have more freedom. The 6th is more like mission 2. Then your into the final 3rd totally linear section of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,730 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is how I play Crysis, with a Shotgun and Cloak

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Just been messing around with the old games, even with dx11 and higher shaders they`ll do be doing well to beat those graphics, really sick in places

Just played the leak, it looks lovely, not as impressive as crysis was at first, but definitely very impressive. And this is running on 'hardcore' graphics settings, DX9, 32bit (64bit is VERY unstable, 32bit much more playable). A few screens:

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-02-1420-39omyv.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-02-1420-407m3h.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-02-1420-424mqu.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-02-1420-43mm44.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-02-1420-43bmth.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-02-1420-45zmfk.jpg

Also, no way will this affect sales of the game. The leak is unstable as **** and has loads of missing assets. If anything i can see the leak increasing sales, as at least now people get some kind of an SP demo

64-bit was perfectly stable for me fwiw

Multiplayer gets boring after a while, and its not bugged at all.

People had problems respawing but theres an easy fix for that.

Just feels like a console game after a while, I honestly dont care now what the graphics look like under dx11, its just not crysis

Go buy warhead, its short but amazing.

nuxxx wrote: »
    64-bit was perfectly stable for me fwiw

Multiplayer gets boring after a while, and its not bugged at all.

People had problems respawing but theres an easy fix for that.

Just feels like a console game after a while, I honestly dont care now what the graphics look like under dx11, its just not crysis

Go buy warhead, its short but amazing.

Odd, i couldnt get any levels besides the intro to load under 64bit.
    Agreed that it doesnt really feel like crysis tho. I do think its going to be fun, but its so obvious from palying it that its scale and ambition has been completely reigned in for the console crowd

Odd, i couldnt get any levels besides the intro to load under 64bit.
    Agreed that it doesnt really feel like crysis tho. I do think its going to be fun, but its so obvious from palying it that its scale and ambition has been completely reigned in for the console crowd

Ye man, really dissapointed atm. You know its a good game if you keep going back to it etc, after 2/3 days i cba :)

Cool video , anyone who can stream it in HD please do. There hasnt been a single game since crysis to really make the pc bounce, even metro etc, rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone know if this will cater for DirectX 10 as well as the confirmed support for DirectX9 and 11?

Anyone know if this will cater for DirectX 10 as well as the confirmed support for DirectX9 and 11?

Theres dx10 files in the developer folder, havent been able to extract all the pak files yet to be sure, but id be certain there will be

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Interesting the beta gets a fairly meagre 10,000 downloads (in the grand scheme of things) in the first three days, so fortunately it appears that there may well not be huge damage to sales as a result.

http://torrentfreak.com/crysis-2-leak-fails-to-result-in-massive-download-fest-110213/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,730 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

marco_polo wrote: »
    Interesting the beta gets a fairly meagre 10,000 downloads (in the grand scheme of things) in the first three days, so fortunately it appears that there may well not be huge damage to sales as a result.

http://torrentfreak.com/crysis-2-leak-fails-to-result-in-massive-download-fest-110213/
    or it could mean people arent anxious to grab an unfinished product.

As for the DX10 presumably so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Christ, that looks amazing. Shame it wouldnt run on anything other then a supercomputer.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

What's that music from, Avatar?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Overheal wrote: »
    or it could mean people arent anxious to grab an unfinished product.

Oh of course there are those simply waiting for the full version to pirate it. However post release piracy is something that the game was always going to suffer from anyway unfortunately. Given how keen developers are to avoid day zero piracy, I am sure there were real fears about the potential impact the additional 49 pre release days could have had.

There wont be damage to sales full stop, this isnt a full game. As i said previously, its missing assets, it crashes on a whim, you cant even install it, it only runs in DX9, and its unoptimised to ****. no way would anyone download it and think '**** yeah, free crysis 2, now i dont have to buy the official release'.

some more gameplay if anyones interested (no story spoilers, just shooting, there is a nice setpiece at the end but ive added an annotation before it happens if you dont want it spoiled)

This is running in DX9 mode, 32bit, 1680x1050, on 'hardcore' graphics settings :eek:
    Cant imagine how much better it will look in DX10/11.

System specs are ATI 4870 1gb, Quad core Q6600, 8gb RAM, W7 ultimate 64bit. It palys about 30fps constant, tho i took a hit down to 20fps or so cause of FRAPS recording

also..

:D

What AA levels have you got on? I have a 4870 so especially interested in its performance, although looking at your numbers not certain Hardcore settings will be smoothly achievable in DX10 mode @1080p, if you are getting 30 fps at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

With the smoke clearing from this leak I'd say this will help the game sales. People finally have a chance to test a machine melter and, knowing it's a beta, can determine whether it's worth the buy.

Even on DX9 it looks impressive. I don't care, it's not like I'll be able to play it on top-notch anyways :pac:

Finally played Crysis Warhead the other day and, while short, I enjoyed it and was able to play on high settings (Only shaders + 4 others were on Enthusiastic setting with AA)

I'll be getting this anyways if the single-player is worth the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Finally played Crysis Warhead the other day and, while short, I enjoyed it and was able to play on high settings (Only shaders + 4 others were on Enthusiastic setting with AA)

I'll be getting this anyways if the single-player is worth the time.

Warhead was a great game but just lacked the polish the was present in the first Crysis.
    I really, really am looking forward to this game though. I have the limited edition on preorder for £23. I'm really tempted to cancel that and go for the nano edition. Strongly considering it.

What AA levels have you got on? I have a 4870 so especially interested in its performance, although looking at your numbers not certain Hardcore settings will be smoothly achievable in DX10 mode @1080p, if you are getting 30 fps at the moment.

You cant change any advanced graphics settings like AA. It only has 3 preset graphics options, Hardcore, Gamer, and something else i forget.
    So its the default AA settings for hardcore there. I didnt see many jaggies tho so id guess its at least 2xAA.

Remeber tho this is an unoptimised beta version, so getting 30fps on hardcore setttings is great, im sure itll handle better in the full release. And as you cans ee, even DX9 mode looks fnatastic. Thats the 32bit version, 64bit crashed all the time on me, but im sure running a 64bit version on a 64bit OS will yeild even better results.

bit more video here:

Again, there are prob a few setpeice spoilers here but nothing thatll ruin your enjoyment

Ye the 3 settings in order are gamer, advanced and hardcore. Running the 64bit executable made no difference to my fps at all, maybe it will in the final version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Any indication of how this will perform yet? What level can you run this at if you can max out Crysis?

Been looking at buying some new hardware and it seems it takes about a €300 graphics card and a decent CPU to run Crysis at max at around 60fps. Is the jump for the second one going to be similar, will it be 3 years before I can afford a Crysis 2 PC. D:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Any indication of how this will perform yet? What level can you run this at if you can max out Crysis?

Been looking at buying some new hardware and it seems it takes about a €300 graphics card and a decent CPU to run Crysis at max at around 60fps. Is the jump for the second one going to be similar, will it be 3 years before I can afford a Crysis 2 PC. D:

My graphics card (4870 1GB) cost me just over €200 and the processor (q6600) cost me under €200. These were bought 2 and a bit years ago. I can run crysis and crysis warhead at 1920x1200 nearly maxed out (think I could get everything apart from AA maxed out). I don't know what framerate I was getting but it was always smooth for me.

Edit: Chairman Meow's pc is similar to mine specwise and he can handle crysis 2 very well. You don't need crazy money to play this game.

Using these settings my rig takes a 15-20 fps hit, there the max possible in the beta

; Grafic Tweak Settings

sys_spec_Full=4
    q_quality = 3

; - Disabled Grafic Tweak Settings > Default from Game

r_UsePom=1
    r_UseEdgeAA=2
    e_shadows_max_texture_size=8192
    e_detail_materials_view_dist_xy=8192
    e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio=20
    e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation=1000
    e_lod_ratio=50
    e_view_dist_ratio_detail=220
    e_terrain_occlusion_culling_max_dist=2000
    e_max_entity_lights=60
    e_vegetation_bending=1
    r_LightSinglePass = 1
    r_UseZPass = 1
    r_GeomInstancing = 1
    e_Fog = 1
    e_Clouds = 1
    e_Decals = 1
    e_TerrainDetailMaterials = 1
    e_Dissolve = 1
    e_TerrainAo = 1
    r_WaterRefractions = 1
    r_WaterReflections = 1
    e_Shadows = 1
    e_VegetationBending = 1
    r_HDRRendering = 1
    r_PostProcessEffects = 1
    r_Flares = 1
    r_checkSunVis = 1
    r_Coronas = 1
    r_Beams = 1
    r_Glow = 1
    r_SSAO = 16
    r_Blur = 1 ;set this to 0 if you want to remove motion blur
    r_DetailTextures = 1
    i_lighteffects = 3
    r_refraction = 3
    r_sunshafts = 3

________

I`d imagine they`d be somewhere like high in the final game, makes a big difference overall

Edit; Also you can import foilage and models from wars by renaming them to Object_wars.pak and placing them in with the other paks

You cant change any advanced graphics settings like AA. It only has 3 preset graphics options, Hardcore, Gamer, and something else i forget.
    So its the default AA settings for hardcore there. I didnt see many jaggies tho so id guess its at least 2xAA.

Remeber tho this is an unoptimised beta version, so getting 30fps on hardcore setttings is great, im sure itll handle better in the full release. And as you cans ee, even DX9 mode looks fnatastic. Thats the 32bit version, 64bit crashed all the time on me, but im sure running a 64bit version on a 64bit OS will yeild even better results.

bit more video here:

Again, there are prob a few setpeice spoilers here but nothing thatll ruin your enjoyment

Yeah you are probably right, I still find myself hovering over the 'add to backet' button on Pixmania today for a Saphire HD5850 @ 160 euros, I intend to upgrade at some point this year, but I have load of games left to play where I simply don't need anything more than what I have right now. The upgrade gremlin is starting to itch a little, but I am trying to hold out for one more GPU generation.
    My graphics card (4870 1GB) cost me just over €200 and the processor (q6600) cost me under €200. These were bought 2 and a bit years ago. I can run crysis and crysis warhead at 1920x1200 nearly maxed out (think I could get everything apart from AA maxed out). I don't know what framerate I was getting but it was always smooth for me.

Edit: Chairman Meow's pc is similar to mine specwise and he can handle crysis 2 very well. You don't need crazy money to play this game.

^^^ This. Anyone can build a very similar machine for under €500 with Phenom II X4 955 prices at about €115 and HD5770s going for about €100-110 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ye man, really dissapointed atm. You know its a good game if you keep going back to it etc, after 2/3 days i cba :)

Cool video , anyone who can stream it in HD please do. There hasnt been a single game since crysis to really make the pc bounce, even metro etc, rubbish

vid removed
    vid removed

First vid is fake Engine looks nothing like that. Second vid is from CryEngine 1 is it not?

Here's is Crysis 2

• Advertisement

Dunno dublingunner, just thought the vids were cool

Does anyone know what input values crysis's config expects for numpad keys?

Tryed num1, numpad1 etc.

Advertisement