Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

The bloom levels are way too high, no way to disable it, it seems :(

Makes it hard to see anything

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

nuxxx wrote: »
    The bloom levels are way too high, no way to disable it, it seems :(

Makes it hard to see anything

The original Crysis was highly configurable although many advanced settings had to be manually set in config file, so I would be very surprised if there was not a way to so this in the full version of Crysis 2, if not the demo.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_8.html

Aye, there appears to be no config files for the demo, its completely locked down

Everything is packed into a file called nigel, impossible to unpack

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Spear wrote: »
    Hmm, can anyone else log in with their MyCrysis account? It works on the site, but the demo itself just returns to the login window immediately.

Any luck, same issue here. Can't login, can't create another one as my email it is already in use so it has to be the MyCrysis login.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

marco_polo wrote: »
    Any luck, same issue here. Can't login, can't create another one as my email it is already in use so it has to be the MyCrysis login.

It's primarily using a Gamespy login rather than the MyCrysis one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Can't even create an account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Huh. Just started downloading the demo from Steam, my antivirus is not at all happy, claiming it found trojans in the CryAction and CryNetwork .dll files. /suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Oh good it's on Steam now, downloading, will report if I encounter similar problems to Sarky's.

Thanks, however my gamerspy username contains "Invalid charachters" apparently :o. About to uninstall to be honest, this is a complete joke.

No wonder Steam is positively booming with competition like this and GFWL :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gabe Newell must be laughing all the way to Arby's.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Gabe Newell must be laughing all the way to Arby's.

If I wasn't slap bang in the middle of Fallout New Vegas I'd be uber pissed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's a bit meh TBH. Modern Warfare with aliens. Unless the SP is stellar I think I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Is it not using an EA account login? I logged in with my EA details...

Gameplay is exactly as 5uspect says, CoD with good graphics and aliens. Too much run & gun. BF players won't like it, CoD players will in general I'd say.

Runs decent though, DX9 on hardocre, 1920x1080, 50FPS~ mostly for myself (GTX460)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Just downloaded the demo and I runs great :D

Radeon 6850
    Amd athlon x3 450
    4GB ram
    Windows 7
    Acer p236h @ 1920X1080p

add

+r_GlowAnamorphicFlares=0

to crysis2demo.exe shortcut to disable the terrible bloom

Running disturbingly smooth on hardcore settings, 1920x1080, V-Sync

AMD HD 5770
    AMD Phenom II X6
    4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
    Windows 7

Third myCrysis/gamespy account lucky :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is it not using an EA account login? I logged in with my EA details...

Gameplay is exactly as 5uspect says, CoD with good graphics and aliens. Too much run & gun. BF players won't like it, CoD players will in general I'd say.

Runs decent though, DX9 on hardocre, 1920x1080, 50FPS~ mostly for myself (GTX460)

No, it's Gamespy based, and then MyCrysis account if that fails.

But if you've played BF2 you may have matched your EA details to your Gamespy details.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

So, this is a bad start.

Steam version.

Prompted to log in with account name and password, which I presume I don't have. Click to create new account, choose account name, password, provide email address.

Error, email already in use. I don't understand, and if the email is in use, why can I not log in using the email and a password, why do I need an account name and password.

Click to recover password. Brought to http://www.mycrysis.com/ which is pretty useless.

Make new tempory account with different email address.

Cannot connect to multiplayer, please check internet settings. My internet settings are fine with everything else.

I really want to enjoy this game, but I can't get past the log in screen. FFS.

Edit:

So after restarting the game I can get to the server list, but I can't connect to anything. Progress of a sort anyway...

^Same issues with the non steam demo.
    Eventually used an old work email to create an account.
    Joining servers is hit and miss. Many of them don't ever seem to start. The timer at the top of the screen appears missing.

Apparently the readme in the install files give some info on opening ports on your router.

• Advertisement

So, this is a bad start.

Steam version.

Prompted to log in with account name and password, which I presume I don't have. Click to create new account, choose account name, password, provide email address.

Error, email already in use. I don't understand, and if the email is in use, why can I not log in using the email and a password, why do I need an account name and password.

Click to recover password. Brought to http://www.mycrysis.com/ which is pretty useless.

Make new tempory account with different email address.

Cannot connect to multiplayer, please check internet settings. My internet settings are fine with everything else.

I really want to enjoy this game, but I can't get past the log in screen. FFS.

It's a Gamespy account first. Check or reset it on www.gamespyid.com.

Getting multiplayer unavailable for the past hour or 2, was fine all day before that.

used long standing gamespy account. From back in the dial-up days. bam. in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I cant get the online to work without creating a new account each time. I registered at the gamespy site and when I try to log in on crysis it gives me a "username invalid" error :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Too much hassle logging in. I don't care if Crysis 2 multiplayer does my laundry and gives me free blowjobs, if that's what the full version will include I'm out.

Sarky wrote: »
    Too much hassle logging in. I don't care if Crysis 2 multiplayer does my laundry and gives me free blowjobs, if that's what the full version will include I'm out.

You're not missing much to be honest.

not experiencing these problems, however i didnt find a multiplayer game to join anyhow. good enough for me to test the performance out and it runs very well. looking out for Singleplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've just spent 20 mins in 4 different lobbies trying to get a game :(
    Pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

I have not experienced any problems with the beta. Playing max settings and have only come across the endless lobby once in a 5 hours play.

Definately buying C2 for the multiplayer, im surprised it would be enjoyable online unlike the previous games. I just hope dx11 will be patched into the game soon after release.

Advertisement