Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

if you want headshot pm me tomorrow and i can help u out, kinda drunk at the moment

iv ordered off hardwareversand aswell, thats where my pc came from :)

DarkJager wrote: »
    With carry on like this, I think the PC gamer market is on its way out. Why would developers like Crytek waste money making games for the PC platform when their titles are getting illegal release over a month early? Sorry lads, but as much as PC gamers like to condescend console players, you will have no one to blame but yourselves when you have nothing else but an empty afternoon and MSPaint to play with.

They can only blame themselves, im planning on buying the full game fwiw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

nuxxx wrote: »
    They can only blame themselves, im planning on buying the full game fwiw

Exactly. I'm not trying to paint all PC gamers with the same brush (I'm still very fond of the PC as a gaming platform) but this doesn't help their case that consoles are getting priority for games over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Exactly. I'm not trying to paint all PC gamers with the same brush (I'm still very fond of the PC as a gaming platform) but this doesn't help their case that consoles are getting priority for games over them.

probably more money in consoles ?

Everything is money driven these days unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

With carry on like this, I think the PC gamer market is on its way out. Why would developers like Crytek waste money making games for the PC platform when their titles are getting illegal release over a month early? Sorry lads, but as much as PC gamers like to condescend console players, you will have no one to blame but yourselves when you have nothing else but an empty afternoon and MSPaint to play with.

yeah because xbox 360 games never show up on newsgroups well before release

• Advertisement

Someone close to crytek leaked it, or else a gaming website they gave the beta too

Its not only the thing they leaked, but the multiplayer master key and the cryengine 3 system

Pretty sick tbh

yeah because xbox 360 games never show up on newsgroups well before release

360, as a console and for the players who remain within the general rules of decency in its use doesn't have nearly as significant a piracy problem as the PC Platform. Yes there are those with hacked consoles who will get their hands on it over a month early, but the majority of console gamers are happy to wait for release. Some PC gamers have this sickening sense of entitlement to rob game devleopers of their profits through crap like this. The reason PC isn't the main focus of developers any longer: You're looking at it on this thread.

360, as a console and for the players who remain within the general rules of decency in its use doesn't have nearly as significant a piracy problem as the PC Platform. Yes there are those with hacked consoles who will get their hands on it over a month early, but the majority of console gamers are happy to wait for release. Some PC gamers have this sickening sense of entitlement to rob game devleopers of their profits through crap like this. The reason PC isn't the main focus of developers any longer: You're looking at it on this thread.

You cant blame pc users for the leak though, what point are you trying to make?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Headshot wrote: »
    I was recommended this one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70510180&postcount=15

but im not sure about it

what do you think mate ?
    Agree with all of it except for the cpu, go with the 2500i/k ? or whatever its called.

Its basically the same as my cpu, but faster.

The gpu is the same price i paid for my one, but its faster. Newer model.

You`ll get like 10fps or more than im getting atm

The game is really gpu dependent, make sure you get a mobo that supports sli, that way you wont have to upgrade for a few years :)

One thing though is that the budget mentioned earlier in that thread was 600-800 so moving to the i5-2500k is adding almost an extra 50 for the CPU and probably at least 30-40 for a motherboard.

TBH Headshot if you are sticking to the original budget as stated I'd say you would need start robbing the GPU budget to go the sandybridge route and as the GT 560 is a damn fine choice and of much more benefit than a lesser GPU + i5-2500K combo, so I don't think you should to do this. Also I have a strong suspicion that GT 560/HD 6950 may be the level of single card required to max out everything setting in DirectX 11 mode (including full AA etc).

If you have the money for both then all the better, but the X6 will not be a bottleneck if you stick with it.

Also with the whole Intel chipset fiasco currently ongoing, Crysis 2 will probably be out before it normal service is fully resumed :p

You cant blame pc users for the leak though, what point are you trying to make?

I'm not blaming PC users for it, I'm simply linking their more common availabilty to download things like this as a factor in why PC gaming is dying a death (and it is, regardless of what PC elitists would say about it). Xbox live/PSN do not allow you to go to the extent of downloading games from shareware/torrents unless they are hacked. While gamers of the PC community continue to indulge in piracy of titles, developers will only focus more and more on consoles.

• Advertisement

thats exactly what i was saying mate, the x6 amd cpus arent that good for games, even though crysis 2 apparently support 6/8 cores

if i was him id grab a 2500k and a gtx 560

I'm not blaming PC users for it, I'm simply linking their more common availabilty to download things like this as a factor in why PC gaming is dying a death (and it is, regardless of what PC elitists would say about it). Xbox live/PSN do not allow you to go to the extent of downloading games from shareware/torrents unless they are hacked. While gamers of the PC community continue to indulge in piracy of titles, developers will only focus more and more on consoles.

I downloaded dead space 2, played it for a hour or 2, dont like it and i uninstalled.

This game i think is amazing and I will be buying it, purely for the graphics

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

And of course following this point to its logical conclusion this means that PS3 gamers have orders of magnitude more decency than XBox360 players.

marco_polo wrote: »
    And of course following this point to its logical conclusion this means that PS3 gamers have orders of magnitude more decency than XBox360 players.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make? I'm saying that for a normal 360/PS3 player, piracy will never enter the equaton because they will be happy to wait for launch. For some PC gamers, it only takes an internet connection and 2 or 3 clicks and they have a new or unreleased game for free.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make? I'm saying that for a normal 360/PS3 player, piracy will never enter the equaton because they will be happy to wait for launch. For some PC gamers, it only takes an internet connection and 2 or 3 clicks and they have a new or unreleased game for free.

Thats solely down to the developers and the platform though?

They fcuked up, not the people downloading it

thats exactly what i was saying mate, the x6 amd cpus arent that good for games, even though crysis 2 apparently support 6/8 cores

if i was him id grab a 2500k and a gtx 560

If he can afford both I wouldn't disagree. :)

If he can afford both I wouldn't disagree. :)

Ye :D

From what i seen, if u got a decent quad like mine, the gpu usage is constantly @ 99%, thats where you`ll gain your fps

Well relative to the PS3 piracy is absolutely rappant on the 360 so it stands to reason that the PS3 players have more even moral fibre.

Thats solely down to the developers and the platform though?

They fcuked up, not the people downloading it

Exactly man, and that's my point. A certain amount of PC gamers will be more than happy to capitalise on this kind of **** up due to their relative easy accessibility to access the leaked title from a developer than any 360/PS3 player would (apart from the modded users).I'm more than happy (as a 360 user) to wait for Crysis 2 to go on sale than modding my console to play an illegal copy of it. For PC users, its either wait for release or make a few clicks an expend some download allowance on getting it for free.

I'm not attacking PC gamers in any way so please let that be clear. I'm simply saying their platform gives them much easier and faster choice to take thee pirate route than actually purchasing a title.
    marco_polo wrote:
    Well relative to the PS3 piracy is absolutely rappant on the 360 so it stands to readon that the PS3 players must have much more moral fibre.

I can't speak for every 360 user man so please don't force me in to that corner. As a 360 owner and a fan of video games I like the build up to the release of an awaited title and finally getting the package when it comes out. Of course there are people who think its their right to get things for free and modify their console accordingly, but I'm not one of them and I don't support that mentality.

Thats thing for this game tho mate, the original was the ultimate benchmark. Warhead looked the same but ran way better

There isnt any series of games that pushed the pc this far benchmark wise

• Advertisement

Exactly man, and that's my point. A certain amount of PC gamers will be more than happy to capitalise on this kind of **** up due to their relative easy accessibility to access the leaked title from a developer than any 360/PS3 player would (apart from the modded users).I'm more than happy (as a 360 user) to wait for Crysis 2 to go on sale than modding my console to play an illegal copy of it. For PC users, its either wait for release or make a few clicks an expend some download allowance on getting it for free.

I'm not attacking PC gamers in any way so please let that be clear. I'm simply saying their platform gives them much easier and faster choice to take thee pirate route than actually purchasing a title.

I can't speak for every 360 user man so please don't force me in to that corner. As a 360 owner and a fan of video games I like the build up to the release of an awaited title and finally getting the package when it comes out. Of course there are people who think its their right to get things for free and modify their console accordingly, but I'm not one of them and I don't support that mentality.

You should have made your point like this in the first place, saved us all a few posts. :)

You should have made your point like this in the first place, saved us all a few posts. :)

It's Sunday morning and I'm half wrecked man, cut me a break :D:D

Off topic though, I honestly can't wait for this game. I played the orignal Crysis a year later than everyone else (crappy dell system needed to hit the dump before I could get it) and I loved it. As a a 360 gamer,the trailers I've seen just give me even more reason to buy it on day 1. Hopefully I'll have it cleared before Deus Ex hits the shelves because thats going to be the only title in the disc tray this summer :D

It's Sunday morning and I'm half wrecked man, cut me a break :D:D

Off topic though, I honestly can't wait for this game. I played the orignal Crysis a year later than everyone else (crappy dell system needed to hit the dump before I could get it) and I loved it. As a a 360 gamer,the trailers I've seen just give me even more reason to buy it on day 1. Hopefully I'll have it cleared before Deus Ex hits the shelves because thats going to be the only title in the disc tray this summer :D

Looks fairly crap from the editor though. Theres very high, high, medium then xb360 and ps3 below those settings.

And btw when i say crap, i mean amazing. But no where near the pc version

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Whats usual about this particular leak is its very early compared to most leaks which usually come out much closer to the games release date.

I believe if piracy on consoles was easier and had less risks associated with it them console piracy would be just as high. I can't imagine console users being any more restrained than PC gamers if that where the case.

The PS3 is now just as easy to pirate as the PC. I reckon piracy on the platform will be rapidly expand on this platform over the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Not going to bother buying or downloading this since the first 3 crysis games were kind of boring and more of tech demos imo.

Can't say I agree with you Trevor.

From my understanding of it the multiplayer in Crysis was well recieved but never took off.

I very much enjoyed the single player campaigns in both Crysis games. Not perfect or anything but I thought the gameplay was very good in Crysis until the last 3rd. Crysis Warhead had consistently good gameplay. The one thing I will say is that I abused the stealth function on the nano suit the first time I played the game and it made the gameplay uninteresting and made the game too easy. On subsequent play throughs I played with more balanced use of the nano suits abilites and enjoyed the gameplay much more. Its funny looking for inventive ways to fight the Korean A.I in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

PC gaming dying since 1985 :rolleyes:

Thats thing for this game tho mate, the original was the ultimate benchmark. Warhead looked the same but ran way better

There isnt any series of games that pushed the pc this far benchmark wise

ArmA2 etc would as well but for different reasons.

I'm not all that pushed about Crysis 2, I'm pretty sceptical.

As impressive as it looks, it doesn't look better then crysis 1 to me. 4 years old at this stage. And now we have linear urban gameplay instead of the freedom of the 1st game.

I loved the whole jungle combat element of the 1st game, I just wish they decided to improve on that gameplay idea , maybe add 2 player coop to the main campaign.

But no, its being dumbed down so it can be released on the consoles instead, no more freedom , scraped the foliage and instead we're back to urban combat.

Game seems like a step backwards form the 1st one rather then an improvement.

And the 1st one, while great compared to your typical console shooter, was only just an above average shooter at the end of the day on pc.

So I'm not seeing what the fuss is about from a PC gaming perspective.

Crysis 1 didn't have much freedom. It was pretty linear with a slightly wider travel path than most games. At most it gave you two different paths to choose from, so you could avoid some fire fights or pick another. (but with the stealth function you can avoid all firefights if you really wanted). The final 3rd of Crysis was very linear.

There was optional side missions that you didn't have to do, but not doing resulted in some dialogue sequences that didn't make sense. Also going to far in a direction you where not suppose to go resulted in broken scripting. Its not like you could skip any of the main mission. You had to do it all in order if you went to later area's nothing happened.

Warhead was more linear than Crysis 1.
    Sisko wrote:
    But no, its being dumbed down so it can be released on the consoles instead, no more freedom , scraped the foliage and instead we're back to urban combat.

Urban enviroment with less trees does not mean dumbed down. The game enviroment might not be as wide but as the developers said its going have more threats from above you so that sort of compensates. Asides from which an urban enviroment could be more interesting. I heard many people complain that jungles was all Crytek could do.

Its too early to tell wether its graphically better. But for sure its no worse in that department that Crysis 1.

From a gameplay perspective the nano suit has been greatly improved with room for lots of customization.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Not going to bother buying or downloading this since the first 3 crysis games were kind of boring and more of tech demos imo.

A few days ago I would have agreed wholeheartedly with you, I loathed Crysis for falling apart so badly in the final third and was always first in line for a bit of Crysis bashing.
    Then I decided to fire up Warhead to test out my new rig - I originally planned to just use it to run a few benchmarks, but ended up thoroughly enjoying every minute of it, all the way through to end credits...
    It almost pains me to say this after convincing myself otherwise for years now, but there's more to Crysis than just the shiny graphics!

I'm really kicking myself for cancelling my bargain Crysis 2 pre-order, I've just re-pre-ordered it again at full whack!:(

Advertisement