Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

well crysis was pirated like mad so you would have expected crytek to keep this game tightly under wraps 49 days early isnt keeping it under wraps, now every single dev on the planet will point at this and go meh whats the point of pc game development it will just get pirated :mad:

To market a game you need to let reviewers see early copies to drum up some interest, let them write articles.

This leak isn't a bad thing, it will certainly help sell copies, nobodies going to be satisfied with a bad copy like this, it leaves people itching for more.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

According to Crytek Crysis 1 sold 3 million and Warhead sold 1.5 million.

I'm imagine only about half of those where sold at full price though.

I remember around the time Crysis sold 1 million to 1.5 million Crytek claimed it was being pirated something like 20:1.

I don't think this leak will affect them that badly as its clearly not finished. If it was fully functioning game it would of been alot worse.

Piracy will still be very high on this title (all 3 platforms but PC by far the most) but it should still sell well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Wouldn't mind seeing some low/med/high/max comparison screenshots if anyone has them...

What im hoping about Crysis 2 is that the console versions forced them to come up with clever/efficient ways to make it look good on med/lower end systems.

My first impression is cryengine 3 is way more optimised than crysis1

Game is as smooth as butter on the highest settings and hd resolution. Walking around im getting around 55-60 fps. Think vsync is enabled though

To mods am I allowed to post up screenshots that I make?

My system is 6gbddr3, i5-760 @ 3.8ghz and a gtx460 1gb @ 875mhz

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

nuxxx wrote: »
    My first impression is cryengine 3 is way more optimised than crysis1

Game is as smooth as butter on the highest settings and hd resolution. Walking around im getting around 55-60 fps. Think vsync is enabled though

To mods am I allowed to post up screenshots that I make?

My system is 6gbddr3, i5-760 @ 3.8ghz and a gtx460 1gb @ 875mhz

so Nuxxx is that medium on the game or high settings ?

Headshot wrote: »
    so Nuxxx is that medium on the game or high settings ?

Highest settings

Theres 3 options in the graphics menu, hardcore gamer and advanced

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Azza wrote: »
    The single player is not really playable.

The opening levels and cut scene videos crash frequently.

The sound is of very low quaility. Charactes voices are very low compared to music and sound effects. Placeholder textures and soundfiles are frequent. Certain scipting is broken. Cutscenes videos are also poor quaility.

You can load up maps seperately though to get an idea of what its going be like.

The beta does not contain DX10 or DX11 settings and there is 3 graphics settings (Gamer, Advanced, Hardcore)

When it is ruining seem to run in the mid 30's frame rate wise. (Q8400 2.66Ghz, 4GB Ram, 6870)

Looks very good on whatever settings I run it at.

Will only try a little more of it. Just to get a sense of the scale of the levels comapred to the original. Don't want to ruin the story or the suprises when I get the full game.

Playing this would be like watching a low resolution steadycam cinema recording of Avatar on your phone (substitute visually stunning blockbuster film of choice), who would want to do that. :pac:

marco_polo wrote: »
    Playing this would be like watching a low resolution steadycam cinema recording of Avatar on your phone (substitute visually stunning blockbuster film of choice), who would want to do that. :pac:

Have you even played it? Campaign mode is perfect. Sound is perfect too. Game has not crashed once for me and iv been playing it for hours

Have you even played it? Campaign mode is perfect. Sound is perfect too. Game has not crashed once for me and iv been playing it for hours

Was very glitchy for me, banding across the screen, maybe its that I'm running crossfire but there's a lot of bad textures and poor object details. The sound is bad especially that voice thats guiding You. Some of the weapons sound bad also, as if they got the wrong sound, maybe its just a placeholder sound. I could hardly play the game on hardcore, I had to settle for advanced and got about 40-45fps average at that, but it still felt laggy, maybe its crossfire causing these problems

• Registered Users Posts: 81,730 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I've installed this and wiped it after 20mins, its too poor quality for anyone to make a proper judgement but at least its made me decide I'm definitely buying it to support their effort for the pc.
    Pog? Whaaa?

Im getting more and more suspicious of it actually being some clever viral marketing. Wouldn't be unheard of I mean Arkham Asylum was in pre-lease with a deliberate glitch, whats to say the Crytek team didn't leak it deliberately just as a taste?

Viral Marketing or not the reactions from people trying it are surprising and promising.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

It's very promising indeed. Enjoying it so far. Sound is the only thing that's off in mine. Plays very smooth on highest settings. 40-55 fps. Should look stunning with dx11.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Pog? Whaaa?

Im getting more and more suspicious of it actually being some clever viral marketing. Wouldn't be unheard of I mean Arkham Asylum was in pre-lease with a deliberate glitch, whats to say the Crytek team didn't leak it deliberately just as a taste?

Viral Marketing or not the reactions from people trying it are surprising and promising.

I honestly doubt that, if it were a tactical viral release it'd just be the intro and first level, not the full game

I'm not the out-and-out pirate You think I am, I bought the first Crysis twice, and Warhead, even though I'd already pirated and finished both. I do buy lots of games, I'm proof that those who pirate the most buy more than those who don't. I may not buy them on release day, but I put €100 aside every year for the Steam sale, I spend a few hundred every year on games

Overheal wrote: »
    Pog? Whaaa?

Its the full game though, the campaign mode works flawlessy. I havent had any issues with sound or bad textures so far. Good few bugs though, but not as many as new vegas

Iv seen reports of people running the beta on dx11 aswell, they changed some config files

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

No, nor will I be. I was just going by reports that it was restricted to meduim detail, DX9 and a little unpolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

It's a shame that this beta has been released with the full single player levels. It will effect the level of profit made from the game as I can't see people rushing out to buy the game when it comes out at full price, however I can see the sales recover when it's reduced in price through Steam etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Whats the Campaign like,I read recently its 10 hours long.Hope it isn't yet another phoned in campaign in a shooter,god knows there has been enough of those.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Whats the Campaign like,I read recently its 10 hours long.Hope it isn't yet another phoned in campaign in a shooter,god knows there has been enough of those.

Its completely linear, quiet the opposite of the original games

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I'm not the out-and-out pirate You think I am, I bought the first Crysis twice, and Warhead, even though I'd already pirated and finished both. I do buy lots of games, I'm proof that those who pirate the most buy more than those who don't. I may not buy them on release day, but I put €100 aside every year for the Steam sale, I spend a few hundred every year on games

Could be the eye patch and parrot that leads people to that conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Main pc: (Windows 7 64bit)
    Asus P5Q Pro, Core 2 Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.8Ghz, 2048MB XFX HD4870x2, 4x 2GB GSkill PC2 8000, 40GB Intel X25-V SSD, 2x 36GB Raptors Raid 0, 2x 1TB Samung F1 Sata, 2TB Samung F3 Sata, Corsair TX850W Psu, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty, Lian-Li V2000, Dual loop custom watercooling, Samsung Syncmaster 245B, 600W Technics 5.1 Surround, Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard, Saitek GM3200 Mouse, Saitek X52 Flight Controller, TrackIR5
    Let me guess, you pirate games because you can't afford them? :pac:

The X-Fi? What did you learn from the Creative fiasco 3-4 years ago?

Crysis2%202011-02-12%2011-49-29-72.jpg

• Advertisement

****ing hell

jaw dropping stuff

I cant wait to build a a computer for this game

****ing hell

jaw dropping stuff

I cant wait to build a a computer for this game

Im really tempted now to upgrade to a gtx460 sli system, wud be insane:)

Im really tempted now to upgrade to a gtx460 sli system, wud be insane:)

your playing it on the highest level so would there be any point

I presume you cant go any higher ?

your playing it on the highest level so would there be any point

I presume you cant go any higher ?

Ye highest settings, but i think with dx11 my fps will take a fairly big whack.

Once it never drops under 35 fps, i dont really mind though. Smooth as butter

Ye highest settings, but i think with dx11 my fps will take a fairly big whack.

Once it never drops under 35 fps, i dont really mind though. Smooth as butter

It's pretty bad they havent released the recommended specs for the game and it takes a pirated copy to get an idea of what's needed

Im selling my beloved laptop on adverts ends plug :D

It's pretty bad they havent released the recommended specs for the game and it takes a pirated copy to get an idea of what's needed

Im selling my beloved laptop on adverts ends plug :D

heh i see, ur selling at a good time too. :) My rig is decent cause i overclocked the **** out of everything.

Now you can get a rig for less money than i paid and alot more powerful

heh i see, ur selling at a good time too. :) My rig is decent cause i overclocked the **** out of everything.

Now you can get a rig for less money than i paid and alot more powerful

I was recommended this one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70510180&postcount=15

but im not sure about it

what do you think mate ?

I was recommended this one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70510180&postcount=15

but im not sure about it

what do you think mate ?

Agree with all of it except for the cpu, go with the 2500i/k ? or whatever its called.

Its basically the same as my cpu, but faster.

The gpu is the same price i paid for my one, but its faster. Newer model.

You`ll get like 10fps or more than im getting atm

The game is really gpu dependent, make sure you get a mobo that supports sli, that way you wont have to upgrade for a few years :)

I dont want to pirate this. I hope they do in fact release a demo to check against whether its worth my time getting the title, hardware-wise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

With carry on like this, I think the PC gamer market is on its way out. Why would developers like Crytek waste money making games for the PC platform when their titles are getting illegal release over a month early? Sorry lads, but as much as PC gamers like to condescend console players, you will have no one to blame but yourselves when you have nothing else but an empty afternoon and MSPaint to play with.

Advertisement