Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

nuxxx wrote: »
    Dunno dublingunner, just thought the vids were cool

Does anyone know what input values crysis's config expects for numpad keys?

Tryed num1, numpad1 etc.

Best way to check is to go into the keyboard settings, and try to change one to a number pad number (it won't stick). It should give you an idea there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

aye tryed it, if you edit the config file in gamedata.pak it remembers your settings

edit: np_o sorted!

Use 7zip and open gamedata.pak, the config file is in libs/config/defaultprofile.xml, edit using notepad

• Registered Users Posts: 81,723 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

anybody know if/when this is coming onto steamworks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I dont think that it will be using Steamworks. Well, it hasn't been announced yet, anyway. But it will be on sale via Steam I'd imagine.
    It was just announced that Duke Nukem will be using Steamworks btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I walked around the entire church section, as its the most 'open' area ive seen so far. This should give you a decent sense of the scale of the games open areas.

• Advertisement

why does your suit sound like satan?

Hopefully the demo will be decent

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well you can pre-order it on Steam now...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/99830/
    You get access to the limited edition with some MP goodies.
    Limited Edition includes the following Multiplayer bonus content:

Hologram Decoy

SCAR weapon attachment
    Project a hologram of yourself used to deceive and confuse enemies

SCAR weapon skin – digital

Medium assault rifle
    High accuracy and fire rate
    Unique digital camouflage variant

Unique Platinum Dog Tag

Displays your rank
    Can be viewed by others
    Helps identify players
    Unique platinum frame not available through any other means

Bonus XP

Awards additional experience
    Immediate boost to level 5
    Immediate access to all preset classes

Its £30 over here, no doubt yer all getting raped back home?

There I go getting sticker shock again :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

5uspect wrote: »
    Well you can pre-order it on Steam now...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/99830/
    You get access to the limited edition with some MP goodies.

Its £30 over here, no doubt yer all getting raped back home?

Sod that, tis only £26.85 for the limited edition on Zavvi (or cheaper still if you pre-ordered with Asda-Entertainment last month)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I'll be getting it for about £24 on Direct2Drive uk. This 15% discount to fileplanet subscribers is working out well with some games.

Bumping this since the offical PC demo is out in a few hours

Thought there would be more interest in this game tbh:mad:

Bumping this since the offical PC demo is out in a few hours

Thought there would be more interest in this game tbh:mad:

Is it?? Though it was tomorrow! What time is it released? I haven't played the leaked beta in a couple of weeks, will probably uninstall it tbh.

Demo should give a real indication of what the final game will be like.

Should be released on the 1st of March.

Should be released on the 1st of March.

Exactly. Which is tomorrow by my rudimentary calendar reading skills.

Hardly a 'few hours'.

Jeez louise! Next time I`ll write tomorrow so :pac:

I wonder if its being released on CET time though

Jeez louise! Next time I`ll write tomorrow so :pac:

I wonder if its being released on CET time though

He he :p

I have no idea actually

*runs of to google to check*

Hmm. Can't really find anything apart from March 1st.

One guy on the forum saying Midnight, CET (German time) but I can;t see that, as its coming from EA...

Edit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

First report of demo online here

http://www.crysis-france.com/

I'm trying their links, it's 1.6 gig so I'll report back in a bit and see what I've got.

• Advertisement

Patience Mode engaged.

Maximum waiting.

:pac:

20 minutes left, wonder how bad dx11 is gona kill my fps

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wonder how my new setup will cope with this game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's legit alright.

Hmm, can anyone else log in with their MyCrysis account? It works on the site, but the demo itself just returns to the login window immediately.

Dont no spear, just created an account

Theres LOADS of dedicated servers online already

I have no idea if its running in dx9/dx10/dx11 theres no option anywhere to select it, think you can add a parameter for dx11 though

In the menu area theres an option for graphics or something but its blurred out

Console key isnt working so I cant get any info up

Still the same options as the beta, and menu style, gamer/advanced/hardcore

Game runs much much smoother than the beta, pretty constant fps and vsync is unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

specs for crysis

Highly Recommended: 3GHz Core i7 4GB RAM, GTX560Ti / HD4870 X2, 1.8GB Video Memory, DX11, Shader Model 3.0/4.0, Windows 7, 30fps @ 1920 x 1200

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Geforce.com have done some benchmarks of NVidia cards and come up with optimal settings for Crysis 2. Basically anyone with a GT 260 (ATI equivelant HD4870/5770) is looking at being able to do 40FPS+ on Advanced setting @ 1920 X 1200.
    http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/Guides/crysis-2-benchmarks

Having examined how each Crysis 2 detail setting performs with each of the tested GPUs, we can now provide some general recommendations as to which setting will likely work best with each graphics card.

GeForce 8800 GT: Given the minimum system requirements we knew that the 8800 GT could run Crysis 2, but were unsure of how well the venerable GPU would run the game at our chosen resolutions. Thankfully the results surprised us, showing that the 8800 GT can run Crysis 2 just fine at Gamer settings at 1680x1050 and below. The resolution can be increased to 1920x1200, but performance drops to the mid-thirties and may result in some sub-thirty gameplay in the most graphically demanding scenarios. Alternatively the 880GT can play Crysis 2 on Advanced settings at 1680x1050, but with an average frame rate of 33 the likelihood of sub-thirty frame drops is high, resulting in a worse overall experience than running Gamer settings at 1920x1200.

Recommend Optimal Playable Setting: Gamer at 1680x1050 (Average FPS = 43.2)

GeForce GTX 260: The GeForce GTX 260 can adequately run Gamer settings at all three resolutions, and on Advanced it performs similarly well at 1680x1050 and 1920x1200, though it does struggle at 2560x1600, which pushes the average frame rate below 30. On Hardcore the GTX 260 breaks the 30 frames per second average at the lowest resolution, but with only a 2.3 frame per second margin it is likely that frame drops will occur in action-packed sequences.

Recommend Optimal Playable Setting: Advanced at 1920x1200 (Average FPS = 43)

GeForce GTX 460: Like the GeForce GTX 260 the GeForce GTX 460 was able to run Crysis 2 smoothly on Advanced at 1680x1050 and 1920x1200, but once again was unable to break the 30 frames per second barrier at 2560x1600 - here, the GTX 460 averaged just 28.5 frames per second. On Hardcore the GTX 460 performed well at 1680x1050 and even managed an average frame rate of 32.4 at 1920x1200, but at 2560x1600 performance dropped drastically, resulting in an unplayable 19.6 average.

Recommend Optimal Playable Setting: Gamer at 2560x1600 (Average FPS = 35.6) or Hardcore at 1680x1050 (Average FPS = 39.6)

GeForce GTX 560 Ti: Moving on to the newer GTX 500 series cards, the mid-range GeForce GTX 560 Ti was able to effectively run every setting at every resolution extremely well, apart from Hardcore at 2560x1600. Here, the frame rate averaged 25.8, but at other detail levels and resolutions the GTX 560 had no problems maintaining an average frame rate of 38.3 or above.

Recommend Optimal Playable Setting: Advanced at 2560x1600 (Average FPS = 38.3) or Hardcore at 1920x1200 (Average FPS = 42.6)

GeForce GTX 570: Going up in both price and performance, the higher end GeForce GTX 570 proved to be the first graphics card to step up to the plate and max out Crysis 2, even at the formidable Hardcore 2560x1600 setting, where it just broke the 30 average barrier. On Advanced the GTX 570 recorded an average frame rate of 46.9 at 2560x1600.

Recommend Optimal Playable Setting: Advanced at 2560x1600 (Average FPS = 46.9) or Hardcore at 1920x1200 (Average FPS = 51.4)

GeForce GTX 580: Last up to the bat is the current heavyweight champ, the GeForce GTX 580. Out to prove its worth, the GeForce GTX 580 showed that it can max out Crysis 2 at any setting and at any resolution - technically, the GTX 570 can also max out Crysis 2 at 2560x1600, but its 31.4 frames per second average makes it too close to a flat 30 to safely recommend. However, the added performance and VRAM of the GTX 580 results in a 35.7 frames per second average that should ensure that frame rates stay above 30 even in the most graphically demanding action scenes.

Recommend Optimal Playable Setting: Hardcore at any resolution

• Advertisement

Pretty cool.

I have a GTX460, but its overclocked to 850Mhz core (I'm assuming they used standard clocks of 675Mhz), so I've seen better performance than their charts would suggest.

Upwards of 60-70Fps on advanced at 19x12 with the *ahem* leaked beta...

I'll get the demo when I get home from work this evening, and see how I fare

Advertisement