Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Taboola wrote: »
    I'm on day three and can't say I'm hugely impressed. The only place I can see it is on my knee, foot and shin and that's because there's big streaks of it.

Same! My neck has a massive streak on it, reckon I'm gonna spend the evening scrubbing that. I have a slight orange tint on the rest of body, and that's it really. Should have just used the Dove gradual tanner that I usually use.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I used the St Tropez tan and thought it was useless! It's basically an expensive shower gel that leaves you with the smell of fake tan. I had no tan anywhere except for my elbows and around my knees! I stunk of tan for days after it too! Horrible stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I'm very disappointed. Especially after reading so many reviews of it. I'm also ridiculously pale and it's not showing on me at all so can't see how this would develop on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Not sure if it is much use to you guys but Cocoa Brown town is pretty decent. I'm very pale (MAC NW20) and the CB gives me a light colour, its barely noticeable to be honest. Its around €7 a tube and it lasts for about 5 days on me before wearing off, and it doesn't go blotchy or patchy when wearing off either.

This is the one I use http://www.cocoabrown.ie/beta/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Cocoa_Brown_One_Hour_Tan_Mousse_100ml_1385119331.png

I placed an order on Beauty Joint as well, had to pick up a few bits for others as well as myself.

Picked up the LA GIRL Pro Conceal, dying to try it, heard so much about it.

Picked up the Jordana easy liner for lips in Tawny. Got two of these.

bbb99e9bb2cf95c4ae6e1df50292f2cc.jpg

Milani Ravish Raspberry (06) Brilliant Shine Lipgloss. Pic from Temptalia

milani_06ravishraspberry006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Emma Hardie moringa balm cleanser. Finally in stock in Arnotts! I really love it so far. €45 quid is a killer for a cleanser but the hype seems to be backed up.

Pixi Glow tonic, £18. With shipping it will probably convert to €30. Haven't received it yet but I'm excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I got Too Faced Candlelight Glow. Ordered it ages ago, so excited it came.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaM-7S_2iOkdtWaDBSa1FzsK-KPIKKiDNZV884XSsJm2jfeI1N

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I chucked Aldi BB cream into my trolley yesterday on a whim. I've used it today and so far so good. It needs a lot of blending but for the price it's worth a try. I think the coverage is better than the expensive Kiehls BB cream so I'll be using it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Alice1

lazygal wrote: »
    I chucked Aldi BB cream into my trolley yesterday on a whim. I've used it today and so far so good. It needs a lot of blending but for the price it's worth a try. I think the coverage is better than the expensive Kiehls BB cream so I'll be using it again.
    Oh where did you buy? My local Aldi hardly has any cosmetic stock. I'm trying to get the Lacura Beauty Oil. I love it but my bottle is nearly empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I suffer from really dehydrated skin, and I am always looking for ways to increase moisture in my face. I've tried a lot of moisturisers but there are very few that I like. Yesterday I found my Holy Grail moisture product. It's by a Korean brand called Laneige, and it's called "Water sleeping pack EX". I put it on before bed and when I woke up my skin was still soft and not dry and horrible.

Another product which is really good is a sheet mask by another Korean brand called Etude House. Its a richly moisturising honey mask in a yellow packet. this mask is loaded with goodness, and really helped lower my redness and made my skin bouncy and soft.

My 3rd recommendation is a konjac sponge, best exfoliator ever! So gentle even on my skin and great for getting products to soak in to my skin!

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh where did you buy? My local Aldi hardly has any cosmetic stock. I'm trying to get the Lacura Beauty Oil. I love it but my bottle is nearly empty.

Th one in Coolock. It wasn't with the cosmetic items, it was in a random bin in the middle section. I'll look for that beauty oil next time! I was really impressed with the Aldi p20 dupe last year so I'm keeping watch for it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Thanks for all the reviews on the St Tropez girls. I've been using St. Tropez everyday and I'm just about ready to throw it in the bin! Actually wearing long sleeves today to cover the streaks which is a disaster.

Think I might give the Cocoa Brown a go next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I found the everyday brutal as well - I am convinced they changed the formula as I used to love it but now it just leaves me like a patchwork quilt.

Finding the cocoa brown gradual tanner much better

Glad I read the reviews of the st tropez shower one on here before i wasted money on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I found the everyday brutal as well - I am convinced they changed the formula as I used to love it but now it just leaves me like a patchwork quilt.

Finding the cocoa brown gradual tanner much better

Glad I read the reviews of the st tropez shower one on here before i wasted money on it

I really like the CB gradual tanner too, unfortunately I did buy the in shower tanner, I'm really annoyed at how amazing the reviews are in some places , it's all a bit fishy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I didn't realise CB had a gradual tanner. Might check that out. I find the regular 1hr cocoa brown comes off very badly under my arms.

I really like the CB gradual tanner too, unfortunately I did buy the in shower tanner, I'm really annoyed at how amazing the reviews are in some places , it's all a bit fishy

It really is a bit fishy isn't it? After I used it I thought I must be using it wrong or maybe it just didn't take to my skin right because the reviews were so amazing that I thought it must be me doing something wrong. Turns out I'm not the only one who disliked it. I just don't get how its meant to work! I mean water removes tan, it sounds very counterproductive, but the reviews had me convinced otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Kylie Jenner put up a pic on instagram yesterday or the day before saying how great cocoa brown is and it's now after selling out in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tophatmetroid

Kylie Jenner put up a pic on instagram yesterday or the day before saying how great cocoa brown is and it's now after selling out in the US.

Somehow, I can't picture Kylie Jenner sitting around applying her own tan. Smells like a (biscuity) paid advertisement ;)

Picked up Stila's Convertable Colour in Lillium. Really pretty shade, interested to see what the wear time will be like in this weather.

And also Mac Cremesheen lipstick in Modesty, a really nice neutral pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I've applied the St Tropez in shower tan three days in a row now and I have to say, I'm impressed so far and I wasn't expecting to be. The colour is building up slightly each day but is nice and golden, looks completely natural on my elbows and hands, and I have a streak on one of my legs but that's because I used the shower head to rinse off my hands and I wasn't very careful. As soon as I have finished applying it all over and rinse my hands, I count out the 180 seconds. I do feel like I smell a little biscuity over the course of time but my skin has been feeling really smooth since I started applying it. I'm reviewing it for the blog so I'll keep going to see how much I can build up colour and if it starts to fade anywhere, but in all honestly, first impressions have been great.

I love how the Cocoa Brown tan applies and develops but I had the way the tan fades in patches, I think it comes off terribly and no amount of Tough Stuff can lift it. I've tried moisturising with Chocolate Whip, doing everything that was required of me and recommended, I find Cocoa Brown is great for a night out but I wouldn't rely on it to look good for more than 2 days. The Gentle Bronze is a little better but I've had the same fading issues when I had a spray tan done. Maybe it's just my skin type!

A tan I've been loving recently is from the brand Bondi Sands which is available in Superdrug, smells like coconuts and left an amazing glow that faded beautifully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Thanks for the review RebelScorned - will have a look out for that tan in Superdrug.

Picked up a bottle of Dove in Tesco last night - at least its evened out my terrible St Tropez patches a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Didn't she delete it straight afterwards though? Was a strange one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Tasden wrote: »

No, it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Tasden wrote: »
    SueBoom wrote: »
    No, it's still there.

She put up a picture and then took it down and put up another one, photo shopped version to enhance her assets as far as twitter was concerned the last day!

She put up a picture and then took it down and put up another one, photo shopped version to enhance her assets as far as twitter was concerned the last day!

It was a bad picture to showcase the tan too it looked all streaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Heard Marissa Carter on 2fm yesterday (I think) & apparently it's the reflection of the flash of the camera in the mirror that made it look streaky. I very rarely use tan though so she could be talking through her arse for all I know. :D

ShazGV wrote: »
    Heard Marissa Carter on 2fm yesterday (I think) & apparently it's the reflection of the flash of the camera in the mirror that made it look streaky. I very rarely use tan though so she could be talking through her arse for all I know. :D

Ya it most likely was reflection from a mirror but just a bad photo to choose because instantly everyone was commenting on how streaky it looked. I missed the interview, did Marissa say she sent the tan to kylie as a paid for advertisement or how exactly did she come about promoting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I was at work so I wasn't fully listening but she did say something like she had someone working with/for her that wanted to send stuff to the Kardashians (I don't think they knew them or anything but must have had some connection, didn't really catch that part). So they sent a few big hampers of Cocoa Brown products to them a few months ago & according to Marissa the post on instagram appeared out of nowhere at the weekend. There was a whole part of the story about her being upstairs & her husband calling her that her phones was going mad with notifications.

It was the Nicky Byrne Show, I'd say they'll have a podcast of it up on their website if it's not up already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Thanks for the reviews on the St Tropez tanner ladies. Sounds like one to avoid maybe.
    Emma Hardie moringa balm cleanser. Finally in stock in Arnotts! I really love it so far. €45 quid is a killer for a cleanser but the hype seems to be backed up.

I love this stuff. It's the best cleansing balm I've used. It's definitely worth the price imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I won an Urban Decay goody bag on facebook this week (:D) and picked up my haul today! It includes:

The Naked 3 palette
    Afterglow blusher in Obsessed; a very pink colour, but I'd say I could wear it if I apply with a light hand.
    Perversion mascara
    Eyeshadow in Sideline, a lovely shimmery gold
    Lipstick in Sheer Ladyflower - very pink again, but definitely wearable
    Lipgloss in Assassin - more pink!

I'm delighted with my haul, especially because I never thought people actually win these things!

I'm jealous!! Love the mascara and mine just ran out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

lazygal wrote: »
    I'm jealous!! Love the mascara and mine just ran out!

It's good to hear a review of it! I just bought Benefit's Roller Lash mascara which I love (surprisingly, since Bad Gal was awful on me and They're Real was only good in the sample size version, bizarrely) but it's nice to have a back-up, or at least a decent replacement when my current one runs out!

I spend ages last night playing around with the Naked 3 palette, and I think it's safe to say I prefer it to the original Naked palette - although part of that might be "new stuff! Yay!" excitement speaking :o The lipstick is gorgeous too :)

Advertisement