Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Thanks for that dark Phoenix, OH has a work trip to New York later in the year and I'm trying to compile my list :D all of Kat's make up looks stunning and it's vegan too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

A friend was in US and brought me back Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner. I wanted it for ages - its every bit as good as I had hoped - best liner I have ever tried - goes on easy and stays on without fading or feathering! :D:D

Oh I love this..Was heartbroken the other day when I opened my make up bag and realised the cap had popped off and it had completely dried up! Am now biding my time with the soap and glory one until my sister-in-law heads to ny in December!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Star866

Picked up NYC lipstick in 'creamy mauve' after seeing make up monsters post on it, for 2.50 I don't really mind if I don't like it. I do so far though :)

My sister picked up gosh primer and she said I can try it out too, looking forward to giving it a go!

I've been looking everywhere for NYX but no luck so far :(

I just bought a whole load of NYX from simplyfoxy.com I was delighted with life when I found it, I couldn't find it anywhere where I lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

This link has all the NYX stockists in Ireland for anyone interested:

http://www.theorlacle.com/2015/02/nyx-stockists-in-ireland.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Having some dry, tight skin issues lately so
    http://www.drpawpaw.com/store/dr-pawpaw-original-balm/ I love this, it's like a cheaper, unscented version of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
    http://www.eucerin.co.uk/products/urea/smoothing-face-cream-5percent-urea I like this so far but have only used it once - it's quite mattifying which I like
    And an industrial sized tub of Silcock's Base - cheap as chips, unscented, readily absorbed, can't go wrong really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Bought a liquid eyeliner from Bourjois a couple of weeks ago, Liner Pinceau. It's actually amazing! I picked it up on a whim, and I'm in love. It has a very thin brush, I've never gotten such a precise line with my eyeliner. Really black, long lasting formula too. Would totally recommend to any fans of liquid liner. :)

2508713000197_496340.jpeg

This link has all the NYX stockists in Ireland for anyone interested:

http://www.theorlacle.com/2015/02/nyx-stockists-in-ireland.html?m=1

I actually ended up finding a Nyx stockist in Killarney :) I wonder is that link still being updated cause the pharmacy I found it in isn't listed.

I got the stay matte not flat powder foundation, it's supposedly a dupe for mac studio fix powder which I love so looking forward to trying it out! Will pick up the setting spray too, and am hoping they'll get the lipstick shade 'Merlot' back in stock cause it looks stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I have always, always struggled with eyeliner and was about to give up when I heard Fleur De Force raving about this one from Barry M.

I decided to look it up, and saw so many great reviews, heard great things about it and it looked super easy to use, so I picked it up a while ago, and I can honestly say, it has made doing eye liner super easy.

I've used it several times and I'm starting to finally get the hang of it now. I just gently press the side of the felt tip on my lash line and do that 2 or 3 times, and it gives a back, crisp, precise line.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Barry-M-Blink-Waterproof-Precison-Eyeliner_1281307/

I'm in my mid twenties now, and it only since I got this one that I have managed it. It has a long, narrow tip which makes it super easy for using. 100% recommend.

A major disappointing product I bought was the Lorac Mega Pro Palette. I bought this from Amazon as a gift for someone and only after ordering did I discover it was a limited edition item, so I did my research and found various videos showing how to spot counterfeit palettes from genuine ones.

Well, the palette arrived this morning, and before I'd even taken it out of the box I could tell it was counterfeit.

I contacted Amazon, and they have been very good (so far!) and have said they will refund me despite it being bought from a third party seller.

The colours look gorgeous, but I am terrified to use such products because you never know what ingredients are in them. I will dispose of it, but it seem such a waste, but I'd rather dispose of it than have a reaction to it.

I've heard of rat poison, bleach, faeces, urine, and god knows what else being used in counterfeit products so I wouldn't be taking a chance and using it on my eyes anyway.

So so disappointed.

I won't post the name of the seller publicly, but I am happy to PM it to anyone who wants it, so if you want it, just PM me and I'll forward on the name. The seller has many other branded items for sale including Benefit, Full Lips, The Balm, Younique among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Has anyone tried the new San Tropez in-shower gradual tanner? Boots Link.

It has good enough reviews. The whole shower thing seems a bit odd, however! Bought it today in Boots, will let ye know how I get on with it! Going to Italy next week, so want something to take the edge off my white-ness..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Lia_lia wrote: »

It has good enough reviews. The whole shower thing seems a bit odd, however! Bought it today in Boots, will let ye know how I get on with it! Going to Italy next week, so want something to take the edge off my white-ness..

Really interested to hear about this! I'm pale too but don't like spray tans...prefer something that takes the edge off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Really interested to hear about this! I'm pale too but don't like spray tans...prefer something that takes the edge off!

I'm on my second night of using it. Didn't see any colour this morning after one application. It's quite odd. I'm not sure if I'm using enough. In some videos I've seen it lather on people but doesn't do that for me.

Will post back after a few days of using it.

^ Yeah I had a shower there and used it! I also thought I was not putting enough on. But I am afraid of using too much also..and it's expensive!

^ Yeah I had a shower there and used it! I also thought I was not putting enough on. But I am afraid of using too much also..and it's expensive!

Where you able to get it to lather?

Not really! A bit on my arms. But by the time I got to my legs the water from the show had dried. Sure we'll see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

ShazGV wrote: »
    Bought a liquid eyeliner from Bourjois a couple of weeks ago, Liner Pinceau. It's actually amazing! I picked it up on a whim, and I'm in love. It has a very thin brush, I've never gotten such a precise line with my eyeliner. Really black, long lasting formula too. Would totally recommend to any fans of liquid liner. :)

2508713000197_496340.jpeg

I didnt like this one myself but a friend is obsessed with it - her local boots ran out so I picked her up three in the UK and she was delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

QUOTE]

Here is a link to a trial 100 people did re the above which should give you a good idea:
    http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/netmums-mums-panel-251/product-trials-181/1296529-st-tropez-gradual-tan-shower-lotion-all.html

I was tempted to get it but in the end I just left it - I think it could be good before going on holidays. Interested to hear you report back Lia_lia

Meant to say in my post last night, wanted to thank whoever recommended the boots fungal nail treatment, been using it a week and there is visible improvement alright :)

Has anyone got any recommendations for a black eyeliner that can be used on the top waterline that won't smudge or run?

I have some Lancome, Bourjous and NYC pencils but they all smudge and transfer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Has anyone got any recommendations for a black eyeliner that can be used on the top waterline that won't smudge or run?

I have some Lancome, Bourjous and NYC pencils but they all smudge and transfer :(

Pencil? Liquid?

I use Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer at the moment, it's quite good. Doesn't smudge. Not a strong black though, and I haven't tried the liquid one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Love the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner pen. It doesn't budge on me and it's great for doing flicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I like Benefit's BadGal waterproof liner for waterlines, it's not 100% budgeproof but nothing is (on me)

Frigating wrote: »
    Pencil? Liquid?

I use Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer at the moment, it's quite good. Doesn't smudge. Not a strong black though, and I haven't tried the liquid one.
    Either, whichever of them doesn't run/smudge on the waterline as I want to use it on the top waterline to tight-line.
    Love the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner pen. It doesn't budge on me and it's great for doing flicks.
    dee_mc wrote: »
    I like Benefit's BadGal waterproof liner for waterlines, it's not 100% budgeproof but nothing is (on me)

Thanks for all your recommendations guys. Can that S&G one be used on the water line or will it run/smudge? I have a Barry M one that is similar to the S&G one but it runs on the water line as its a liquid liner with a felt tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Oh sorry I didn't see the waterline part of your question. :o
    I'm not sure to be honest because I don't use it on my waterline but I'd guess it would run because it is like a marker.
    Sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

I am a big fan of the S&G pen for eyeliner, but like most liquid liners it is not suitable for tightlining.
    I always use the Rimmel Scandaleyes pencil for tightlining, it is waterproof and lasts all day on me. I have tried quite a few different pencils, even other ones from Rimmel, but always go back to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Meant to say in my post last night, wanted to thank whoever recommended the boots fungal nail treatment, been using it a week and there is visible improvement alright :)

Which one is that? Would love to try it but missed that post I think!

ams wrote: »

QUOTE]

Here is a link to a trial 100 people did re the above which should give you a good idea:
    http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/netmums-mums-panel-251/product-trials-181/1296529-st-tropez-gradual-tan-shower-lotion-all.html

I was tempted to get it but in the end I just left it - I think it could be good before going on holidays. Interested to hear you report back Lia_lia

Thanks for that link! Seems to have a fairly positive response..

Okay so put it on last night and pretty much no difference today! Hope I applied it properly.

One annoying thing is I could get a whiff of fake tan off myself throughout the day. And that was after putting on a scented lotion this morning. Maybe I'm just not used to the fake tan smell because I never really wear the stuff, but could really smell it all day! And got no smell of it at all when I put it on. A girl a work has been using it and said the same thing.

Put it on again there tonight. Will let ye know how it looks tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Which one is that? Would love to try it but missed that post I think!

Boots Advanced Footcare Fungal Nail Treatment. It's like a felt tip pen with replaceable heads. Has the best reviews online, and I would support all the positive feedback since my nail has improved over the past two weeks. Getting my dad to try it next as he used a more expensive Scholl one for nearly 2 years with no change whatsoever.

Thanks for that link! Seems to have a fairly positive response..

Okay so put it on last night and pretty much no difference today! Hope I applied it properly.

One annoying thing is I could get a whiff of fake tan off myself throughout the day. And that was after putting on a scented lotion this morning. Maybe I'm just not used to the fake tan smell because I never really wear the stuff, but could really smell it all day! And got no smell of it at all when I put it on. A girl a work has been using it and said the same thing.

Put it on again there tonight. Will let ye know how it looks tomorrow!

I'm on day three and can't say I'm hugely impressed. The only place I can see it is on my knee, foot and shin and that's because there's big streaks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I have tried nearly every damn pencil in this world for this. The only one I found that works is Physicians Formula ones. I got the set of three for blue eyes. I have to say if you do the upper water line and give it a few seconds before you blink it will set and does not move! At all. I've even worn a flesh coloured pencil on my lower water line and it hasn't transferred.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tophatmetroid

I remember a tip from a video tutorial, could have been one of Pixiwoo's, where they recommend lightly running a cotton bud over your waterline to dry it out and then apply your eyeliner. Also pressing a tiny amount of black eyeshadow over the top to set the liner.
    Might be worth a try?
    I've made peace with the fact that my eyeliner is inevitably going to disappear into the ether after about an hour, curse you watery eyes :(

Advertisement