Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've been looking for a nude lipstick for a ridiculously long time now and I'm not having luck.

Granted, I haven't gone to an awful lot of shops, but how hard is it to find a nude lippie?
    Picked up Maybelline Colour Sensation Lipstick in "Rosewood Pearl", as it looked nude when I checked it in the shop.

But when I got it home, it has a slight shimmer and pinkness to it.
    All the nudes I see in the shops are actually browns....can someone suggest a nude lipstick please?
    I'm pale-skinned, too.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

fussyonion wrote: »
    I've been looking for a nude lipstick for a ridiculously long time now and I'm not having luck.

Granted, I haven't gone to an awful lot of shops, but how hard is it to find a nude lippie?
    Picked up Maybelline Colour Sensation Lipstick in "Rosewood Pearl", as it looked nude when I checked it in the shop.

All the nudes I see in the shops are actually browns....can someone suggest a nude lipstick please?
    I'm pale-skinned, too.

Thanks.

Any of these appeal to you? All nudes but different tones.
    BSnj1lJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm pale-skinned, too.

Thanks.

Have you tried the l'oreal nude lipstick range? I use both Doutzen's nude and Juliannes nude. Doutzens is more pinky nude so maybe not what you're looking for, but Julianne's one is just plain nude with not as much pink undertones.
    Pic below of the nude range

anna080 wrote: »
    Have you tried the l'oreal nude lipstick range? I use both Doutzen's nude and Juliannes nude. Doutzens is more pinky nude so maybe not what you're looking for, but Julianne's one is just plain nude with no pink undertones.
    Pic below of the nude range

It might be just me but they all look pinky to me?

It might be just me but they all look pinky to me?

Ya true, third and fourth I guess would be the least pinky of the lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Fussyonion, what is your budget for the lippie?

I have one from Lancome, its called "Rose Nu", its a "my lips but better" and it doesn't come off pinky on the lips, in the tube it will look slightly pink but when you apply it, it doesn't.

lancome-labsolu-rouge-bestseller-nuance-006-r-L-l73o6f.jpeg

There's also MAC Velvet Teddy, it might come off as a brownish colour on you though, if you are very pale. I'm pale (I use warm ivory in No7, 53 in Bourjous and NW20 in MAC) and it comes off slightly brown but not too much.

15991407788_f29d64be76_o.jpg

Wet n Wild have some nice lippies they are about €3, not many nudes though.

I'll have a look at my lippies later see what others I have. I know I don't wear pinky nudes as they don't really suit me so maybe I'll have one that might suit you too.

Yeah those lipsticks still look pink to me.
    It's really a *real* nude colour I'm after, so I can wear it even if I've got a smokey eye thing going on.
    A pinkish one is not going to look right. But I appreciate you helping me here.

PS Budget-wise, I don't think I'd be happy paying more than €15 for a lipstick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Yeah those lipsticks still look pink to me.
    It's really a *real* nude colour I'm after, so I can wear it even if I've got a smokey eye thing going on.
    A pinkish one is not going to look right. But I appreciate you helping me here.

PS Budget-wise, I don't think I'd be happy paying more than €15 for a lipstick.

If you don't want any variation of pink or brown, what is nude to you? Both of which are techinically nude colours.

Mac Myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

So, more like a skin toned nude? Maybe try Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipstick in 113.

Juopqmo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Not sure if this is a cosmetic, but have to rave about it!

For the last 2 months-ish, Ive been suffering terribly with cracked lips/cracked sides of mouth.

Literally tried every lip product on the market (as well as taking a course of B complex, lysine, and multi vitamins).

Anyhoo, by chance happened to be in Boots Thursday eve cause a friend of mine wanted to go in. Lips practically bleeding at this stage).

Something brought me to the lip balm section, and there was quite prominently lip balm, in a "pick it up" way...its was e15. But I took it as a sign how it got in front of me.

Its called Lanolips, and Im now (since Thursday)am the owner of lovely, no cracked, non bleeding lips :D

The relief...oh the relief. Ive never wanted to cry over a product before. It also give a lovely sheen like a lip gloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

It sounds like Lanolin, which saved my poor nipples when I started breastfeeding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

lazygal wrote: »
    It sounds like Lanolin, which saved my poor nipples when I started breastfeeding!

Yes! Lanolin!

I am going to see if I can get a cheaper version when the tube runs out.

But it works a dream on all types of sores/dry skin etc.

Miracle stuff as far as I'm concerned.

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Yes! Lanolin!

I am going to see if I can get a cheaper version when the tube runs out.

But it works a dream on all types of sores/dry skin etc.

Miracle stuff as far as I'm concerned.

You could just use the one designed for breastfeeding! Seriously, I use it on dry patches all the time. It's in a purple tube with the pregnancy type cosmetics. Way cheaper than a tiny lip balm too.

anna and Shaz, yes that's exactly the "nude" I'm after!
    Thanks so much; now I know what to look for instead of spending ages searching.
    And Sue, nude is nude, not pink or brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

anna and Shaz, yes that's exactly the "nude" I'm after!
    Thanks so much; now I know what to look for instead of spending ages searching.
    And Sue, nude is nude, not pink or brown.

Well I suppose I was thinking of the actual/nude colour of lips. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I'm pale-skinned, too.

Thanks.

I can highly recommend the Essence range of 5 Nudes.

No 2 Porcelain Doll may be the one you're looking for?

See this link for pics & short review but you will need to use Chrome for translation!

http://www.conzilla.de/2015/01/essence-longlasting-lipstick-nude-swatches-tragebilder-review-sortimentsumstellung/
    (Chrome translation from German - 02 Porcelain Doll

Porcelain Doll has again surprised me positively. The delicate Peach stands me all still with the best, I think. The ideal partner for smokey eyes. For Porcelain Doll I will guarantee access more frequently.

I have No 3 & No 5 and LOVE them but they would be pink based.

They're just €2.89 so well worth a punt I reckon. :o

keredern wrote: »

I can highly recommend the Essence range of 5 Nudes.

No 2 Porcelain Doll may be the one you're looking for?

See this link for pics & short review but you will need to use Chrome for translation!

http://www.conzilla.de/2015/01/essence-longlasting-lipstick-nude-swatches-tragebilder-review-sortimentsumstellung/

I have No 3 & No 5 and LOVE them but they would be pink based.

They're just €2.89 so well worth a punt I reckon. :o

Hey thanks so much for this!

I love Essence but actually forgot all about them when I was thinking about the nude lippie.

Porcelain Doll is exactly the shade I'm after; I'm going shopping during the week and I'm definitely going to check this out.

Thanks to everyone for your help...you've been so kind and patient with me and I appreciate the time you've given me :)

Hey thanks so much for this!

I love Essence but actually forgot all about them when I was thinking about the nude lippie.

Porcelain Doll is exactly the shade I'm after; I'm going shopping during the week and I'm definitely going to check this out.

Thanks to everyone for your help...you've been so kind and patient with me and I appreciate the time you've given me :)

I know it's totally a personal preference but sometimes going too nude on the lips isn't as good in reality as it is in theory. It can look a bit like you've just smathered concealer on your lips and may look a bit dodge in photos. That's why sometimes it's better to go for nudes with pink or brown undertones. But sure lookit Tis up to yourself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

For the last 2 months-ish, Ive been suffering terribly with cracked lips/cracked sides of mouth.

Literally tried every lip product on the market (as well as taking a course of B complex, lysine, and multi vitamins).

Anyhoo, by chance happened to be in Boots Thursday eve cause a friend of mine wanted to go in. Lips practically bleeding at this stage).

Something brought me to the lip balm section, and there was quite prominently lip balm, in a "pick it up" way...its was e15. But I took it as a sign how it got in front of me.

Its called Lanolips, and Im now (since Thursday)am the owner of lovely, no cracked, non bleeding lips :D

The relief...oh the relief. Ive never wanted to cry over a product before. It also give a lovely sheen like a lip gloss.

Lanolips is made from lanolin, the same stuff that lanisoh nipple cream is made from. I uae lanisoh on any dry areas and it os the bomb, about €18 for a big tube but it lasts for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Picked up a few bits just now on Look Fantastic, can't wait for the delivery!

La Roche Posay Effeclar AI 33% off LRP at the minute so €10.09
    Y2q4Iq.jpg

Pai BioRenegrate Rosehip Oil (3rd bottle, love this stuff!! €30.14
    3Ek1Xx.jpg

Pai Intensive Brightening Facial Limited Edition Kukui Collection - The mask in this is my favourite mask ever and on its own it's normally €40 so was very happy to get this on sale for €27.40
    o3AhNY.jpg

HD Brow Palette in Foxy (re-purchase, love this) €34.25
    s13pnk.jpg

This Works Can't Sleep Kit €13.70
    etAQko.jpg

Then it was 20% off beauty award winners so got that off some of the above products and they are also doing a free LF beauty box when you spend over £60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I love lanolips. I suffer from very dry lips as I have eczema and drive a motorbike and the exposure to the elements really dries out my lips. I go between a few different lip balms but I love the lanolips lemon balm, really nice.
    The one thing I will say is that lip balms tend to clog the pores around my mouth (as does the exposure to elements while driving) so I always make sure to pay close attention to the area when cleansing, doing a mask or having a facial.

Lanolips is made from lanolin, the same stuff that lanisoh nipple cream is made from. I uae lanisoh on any dry areas and it os the bomb, about €18 for a big tube but it lasts for ages.

I can never get past what lanolin actually is - grease extracted from animal hair, usually sheep wool (hydrous wool fat). It's also one of the most allergenic substances included in cosmetics, so if someone has very sensitive skin, a patch test might be wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up these today in TK Maxx.

Organic Surge Super-Intensive Daily Moisturiser - this was €9.99

super_intensive_web.jpg?v=1432645360

Jeffrey James Botanicals Whipped Raspberry Mud Mask - this was €6.99

the-mask-box-big.jpg

Candie wrote: »
    I can never get past what lanolin actually is - grease extracted from animal hair, usually sheep wool (hydrous wool fat). It's also one of the most allergenic substances included in cosmetics, so if someone has very sensitive skin, a patch test might be wise.

The ingredients don't bother me at all. I've eaten plenty of meat so rubbing an animal extract into my skin isn't a major concern for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

lazygal wrote: »
    The ingredients don't bother me at all. I've eaten plenty of meat so rubbing an animal extract into my skin isn't a major concern for me.
    That has totally put me off and I'm not a tree hugger or anything. It just sounds rank.

What's the difference between eating animals and using the byproducts for other things? I understand it if you're veggie or vegan but I've no problem with wearing leather shoes or whatever and lanolin saved my nipples no matter what it's made from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ I agree! I find the idea of eating meat worse than using animals products on your skin/whatever..

Different people have different limits. Understandable since we're all, y'know...different.

I'll eat beef but not veal, eggs but not battery eggs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Candie wrote: »

The pain of chafed nipples would get you past a lot of things. Lanolin is an absolute godsend for new nursing mothers, nothing comes close to it.

Advertisement