Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Queued for 30 second in Penney's today, just enough time to spot the state of my nails (nearly as much polish on the fingers as on the nails, oops!) and notice P.S. I Love Your Nails Nail Corrector Pen for €2.
    Tried it there and it's great, nice firm angled tip so very easy to remove polish from the fingers without touching the nail. 3 spare tips too. Bargain. Also liked the little tool on the opposite end for pushing back cuticles.

http://www.hkrnails.com/blogs/nail-polishes-and-accessories-%C2%A31-bargain-buys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

dee_mc wrote: »
    Queued for 30 second in Penney's today, just enough time to spot the state of my nails (nearly as much polish on the fingers as on the nails, oops!) and notice P.S. I Love Your Nails Nail Corrector Pen for €2.
    Tried it there and it's great, nice firm angled tip so very easy to remove polish from the fingers without touching the nail. 3 spare tips too. Bargain. Also liked the little tool on the opposite end for pushing back cuticles.

http://www.hkrnails.com/blogs/nail-polishes-and-accessories-%C2%A31-bargain-buys

Oooh thanks for the tip! Been looking for a new one of these for ages. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

A little 'what shall I spend my points on browse' on the BT website led me into dangerous territory. Ended up ordering:

Nars concealer stick in Chantilly
    G6ktzn.jpg

Cream Foundation Compact in my Siberia. Normally use Sheer Glow but wanted to give this a try
    RE7X7q.jpg

Charlotte Tilburys newest release of 'Eyes to Mesmerise' in Bette
    GdLyt7.jpg

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow (I'm blaming anna080 for this one!)
    qhwS2C.jpg

And Bobbi Brown Blush Brush.
    cNPvO0.jpg

And after all that I'm planning to spend my points and buy nars audacious lipstick in Julie and blush in Doceur (neither of which I could get online). I better not check my bank balance til next payday....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Picked up NYC lipstick in 'creamy mauve' after seeing make up monsters post on it, for 2.50 I don't really mind if I don't like it. I do so far though :)

My sister picked up gosh primer and she said I can try it out too, looking forward to giving it a go!

I've been looking everywhere for NYX but no luck so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Massive fan of Chanel CC cream. Perfect coverage for day wear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Picked up NYC lipstick in 'creamy mauve' after seeing make up monsters post on it, for 2.50 I don't really mind if I don't like it. I do so far though :)

My sister picked up gosh primer and she said I can try it out too, looking forward to giving it a go!

I've been looking everywhere for NYX but no luck so far :(
    Where are you based? I know a couple of places in Dublin that do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Bought the St.Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion from Boots online. Saw someone mention it on another thread and the reviews look good. I'm quite pale and hoping this is a nice solution for an everyday tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Where are you based? I know a couple of places in Dublin that do it.

Where in Dublin does it? I'm working in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Foodys Phamacy on Harcourt Street do NYX, I got the setting spray there last week. The're located on the bend at the junction of Adelaide Road and Harcourt Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Clearys have some in the nail bar section (make up though) also a pharmacy right at the top of talbot st, Connolly station side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Hamilton Long Allcare Pharmacy on O'Connell St stock NYX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Got the nyx setting spray last weekend and have been using it since...can't say I've noticed any difference with it. I got the matte one and am still shiny-faced by mid-afternoon. Won't be repurchasing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Hickey's Pharmacy on Henry St has a NYX stand as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I bought the Origins Cleansing Oil. I use 4 pumps on dry skin, massage in and then wet my hands and massage in some more and then remove with my Dermalogica facecloth. My skin looks lovely since I started using it. It smells amazing, really zingy, kind of a typical Origins scent.
    origins-clean-energy-cleansing-oil.jpg

I also bought the Eucerin Replenishing face cream. I can't find the Oilatum Natural Repair face cream anywhere for the past few months and I finally ran out so decided to try something else.
    10022067?id=rXuaq3&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=433&hei=548
    10065361?id=6D5aC0&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=433&hei=548

Beauty stuff I bought:
    Sleek Makeup Brow Stylist - blonde.
    Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher - golden rose.
    Bourjois Little Round Pot Eyeshadow - shade 08 (not sure of name).
    Bourjois Delice de Poudre Duo - bronzer and highlighter.
    Collection concealer - the palest shade was in stock so I had to grab it, it can be so hard to come by.
    bareMinerals Complexion Rescue gel cream - opal. Really nice texture, I think it's supposed to be something like a BB cream, light coverage which I love.
    Maybelline Brow Drama - blonde.
    Loreal Volume Million Lashes Noir Excess mascara.
    Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.

20150529_205608_zps8pxkfemr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anyone here us the GlamGlow mud masks?

I have a sample of the hydrating one (blue tube) and don't find it all that great. I leave it on over night and it gives the same result as leaving it on for a few mins, an hour. No real difference at all tbh.

I am looking for a good mud/clay mask, used to use Boots Botanics but found it didn't work as well as it used to. Maybe my skin just became used to it.

Was looking at these, hoping to pick one up on offer somewhere cos I won't pay €50+ for it.

http://millies.ie/products/glamglow-mud-mask-youth-mud

http://millies.ie/products/glamglow-super-mud-clearing-treatment-34g

Was looking at this also, not sure on it though.

http://millies.ie/products/glamglow-powermud-dualcleanse-treatment

Would really appreciate any opinions, and suggestions for other face masks, and if they can be bought in Boots, even better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

I have a sample of the hydrating one (blue tube) and don't find it all that great. I leave it on over night and it gives the same result as leaving it on for a few mins, an hour. No real difference at all tbh.

I am looking for a good mud/clay mask, used to use Boots Botanics but found it didn't work as well as it used to. Maybe my skin just became used to it.

Was looking at these, hoping to pick one up on offer somewhere cos I won't pay €50+ for it.

Would really appreciate any opinions, and suggestions for other face masks, and if they can be bought in Boots, even better :)

Never used but would be interested in hearing others experiences too. Have you tried making your own? I've tried the aspirin and turmeric face mask and found pretty good. Would be interested to hear how much better shop bought ones are though.

Never used but would be interested in hearing others experiences too. Have you tried making your own? I've tried the aspirin and turmeric face mask and found pretty good. Would be interested to hear how much better shop bought ones are though.
    I've never tried an asprin mask, do you mind me asking what goes into it and what it does or is supposed to do? What goes into it, and how do you make it?

I've tried other home made masks before (years ago mind you) and never found them much good so I always stuck to shop bought masks, but I would be interested in home made ones.

I saw some in Lush a while ago (the magnaminty mask) but the smell I just couldn't get over. It's a really strong minty smell which I hate. I just hate anything minty on my face unless its barely noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I've used the Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask and liked it. You can pick it up in Boots for about 14 euro full size, or a sample sachet for about 4 euro. It's heats up on contact (freaked me out the first time I used it, it gets quite warm for a few seconds and then cools).

I also like the Una Brennan Salicylic Acid Anti Blemish Clay Mask, also available in Boots. I preferred the older version though, this new formula tends to sting a little if some areas of my face (mainly the tops of my cheeks, or around my nose) are a little irritated from dehydration, spots or sun exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

I've never tried an asprin mask, do you mind me asking what goes into it and what it does or is supposed to do? What goes into it, and how do you make it?

I've tried other home made masks before (years ago mind you) and never found them much good so I always stuck to shop bought masks, but I would be interested in home made ones.

I saw some in Lush a while ago (the magnaminty mask) but the smell I just couldn't get over. It's a really strong minty smell which I hate. I just hate anything minty on my face unless its barely noticeable.

My skin is a little sensitive so I tend to only use natural and minimal products if poss. The aspirin mask I use 2-3 tablets, dissolve in a few drops of water, then you can add to honey or yoghurt to make it stick to skin, or you could just apply it straight. If you google aspirin mask you'll get a recipie you like...also see MUA reviews: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=14129/Aspirin-Mask/No-Brand-%28DIY-or-homemade%29/Masks
    My skin def seems softer and the occasional spot is usually calmed. Tureric is good for giving a brighter complexion but be careful of getting the stuff on clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

For acne prevention or a good auld clear out, you cant beat Aztec clay:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=74122/Indian-Healing-Clay/Aztec-Secret/Masks

I buy it on amazon, for extra potency I mix it with Brqggs apple cider vinegar.

For hydration etc, Asian sheet masks are the business. I like my beauty diary on ebay - in particular the black pearl and imperial birds nest ones.

Picked up some sheet masks in penneys the other day too, €1.50 each and made in South Korea, havent tried them yet but they look promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

For acne prevention or a good auld clear out, you cant beat Aztec clay:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=74122/Indian-Healing-Clay/Aztec-Secret/Masks

I buy it on amazon, for extra potency I mix it with Brqggs apple cider vinegar.

For hydration etc, Asian sheet masks are the business. I like my beauty diary on ebay - in particular the black pearl and imperial birds nest ones.

Picked up some sheet masks in penneys the other day too, €1.50 each and made in South Korea, havent tried them yet but they look promising.

Seconding the MBD masks! I use the hyaluronic acid one and it does the job!
    What is the name of the ones in Penneys?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

My face time 3D rejuvenate mask. Made in s. Korea for Primark, ingredients look promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

My face time 3D rejuvenate mask. Made in s. Korea for Primark, ingredients look promising!

Excellent, will check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

REN Clarimatte Clarifying Toner, €17.50 in M&S
    RC_07_T23_4475F_NC_X_EC_0?$PDP_PROD_IMAGE$

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, €19
    anas0034f_1_m.jpg?version=01060206

Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentré
    embr0004f_1_m.jpg?version=01060206

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Finland, €38
    90x3553x2321medium.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just ordered the Naked On The Run Palette from Debenhams for €29.33 ie its 33% off today :eek: How could I not!!
    Also got the NYX stay matte not flat powder foundation
    Lush Bubblegum lip scrub
    and picked up L'oreal Extraordinary Oil shampoo for €2.45

So excited to try it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

My modest purchases from Beauty Bay arrived today! I got the Anastacia Beverly Hills DipBrow in Chocolate. It's the perfect colour for me; I was worried it might be a reddish brown, based on swatches seen online, but in person it's spot on for my black eyebrows and brown hair combo. I tried it out very quickly just now and application seems easy enough, but I'll have a trawl through some tutorial vids to get the hang of it properly.

I also bought Too Faced Colour Bomb in Eastwood Red. It's much more pink than I expected, especially as it looks as Crayola Red in person as in the pic below, but tbh that's a good thing - I already own two or three red lipsticks and I need to branch out. It's like a more pigmented version of Clinique's Chubby Sticks, of which I'm a huge fan.

Too-Faced-Color-Bomb-9359.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Aisling McDermott (formerly of beaut.ie) had an article on clay face masks on the Irish Times yesterday. http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/fashion/beauty/aisling-on-beauty-six-clay-masks-that-will-revive-your-skin-1.2226713

The Origins and Darphin ones sound really nice. Although I'd probably go for the Simple one because of the price :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I'm not sure if you guys already know this but Superdrug in The Square in Tallaght stock Make up Revolution.

Went to get a sample (a 5ml tube I think) of a GG mask (the one in the white tube) it was €15 so I said I'd leave it.

€15 for a sample, I thought she was having a laugh.

Need I mention there was a drawer full of samples........hardly surprising at €15 a pop.

Ridiculous price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

A friend was in US and brought me back Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner. I wanted it for ages - its every bit as good as I had hoped - best liner I have ever tried - goes on easy and stays on without fading or feathering! :D:D

Advertisement