Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Can you fit a foundation bottle lying down in them?

I went back and had another look at the Muji ones and my foundation wouldn't fit in the 5 tier one but would in the 2 tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Taboola wrote: »
    Can you fit a foundation bottle lying down in them?

I went back and had another look at the Muji ones and my foundation wouldn't fit in the 5 tier one but would in the 2 tier.

Yes, I fit all my makeup with the exception of my ELF HD Powder container which is huge!!

If you order these, you will be delighted with them. :o

I couldn't believe how big they are. :eek:

I also had a look in the Muji shop in town & the Amazon ones are streets ahead.

Far better value too...even with the exchange rate being crap! ;)

Comparison

Amazon Osco Clear acrylic box £22 (about €31) plus free delivery & Amazon's quibble free customer service

Length 320mm x Width 240mm x Height 135mm
    Drawer height 4cm

Storage volume 10368 cubic centimetres (probably a dodgy calculation!!!) :rolleyes:

Crystal Clear Herclutterbox.ie €139 plus €9.99 shipping charge

Length 250mm x Width 290mm x Height 270mm

Storage volume 19575 cubic centimetres (probably another dodgy calculation!!!)

So you could get 4 of the Amazon ones & still have change out of the cost of 1 Herclutterbox unit!!! :eek: :eek:

MUJI Acrylic Box - 5 Drawers £24.95

Dimensions: W: 260mm x H: 160mm x D: 175mm
    Internal drawer height 2.5cm

The MUJI is considerably smaller all round & the drawers are very shallow as you noted when you tried your foundation in them!

LizT wrote: »
    Just placed my first makeup revolution order! They're giving away free gifts worth £20 until tomorrow morning when you spend over £25 just in case anyone is thinking of ordering.

Oh please post back when you get your order & let us know what you think!! :)

What did you order? :o

• Advertisement

ams wrote: »
    really need to stop reading this forum.

Recently purchased the two new Makeup Revolution pallettes:
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/eyes/palettes/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-flawless-matte.html

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-affirmation.html

Can't wait to get them! I also picked up one of the lip hug lippies.

Since it was payday I visited Foody's pharmacy in Harcourt street and picked up some Paese goodies, a foundation, lip gloss and mascara. Pretty good prices so was happy with them. The foundation is supposed to control sebum so will see how that goes.

Also last night I picked up a few of these glosses as detailed on Nina's Bargain Beauty - they are 99p on ebay so worth a go:
    http://ninasbargainbeauty.blogspot.nl/2015/05/mn-generation-ii-longlasting-lipgloss.html

Dying to order the Affirmation palette but I have so many that I MUST resist!! :eek:

Please let me know what you think of it when you receive your order!

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just ordered these from MUR. This is my second order. I got the eye foils before and found them great. A very good dupe of the Stila ones for a fraction of the price.

Lip hug Nude collection
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/lips/new-liphug/liphug-bundle-liphug-nudes.html

Beyond Flawless eye shadow palette
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/eyes/palettes/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-beyond-flawless.html

Flawless Matte eye shadow palette (Looks similar to MAC warm neutral palette)
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/eyes/palettes/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-flawless-matte.html

Velvet lip lacquer in What I believe
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/lips/matte-lips/salvation-velvet-lip-lacquer-what-i-believe.html

Velvet lip lacquer in Keep Crying for You
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/lips/matte-lips/salvation-velvet-lip-lacquer-keep-crying-for-you.html

I saw these lip lacquers compared with the Anastasia Beverly Hills ones and they look very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I have one from there, really sturdy. it's very similar to the one in the link, 3 drawers and they're quite deep (it holds 3 Naked Palettes type palettes one on top of the other in a drawer if that helps) I love mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

keredern wrote: »
    Dying to order the Affirmation palette but I have so many that I MUST resist!! :eek:

Please let me know what you think of it when you receive your order!

Thanks. :)

Will do - I don't think I really needed both palettes :rolleyes: - I told myself at the start of the year that I was never buying another eyeshadow but sometimes you need to mix it up.

I held off getting the free gift as I reckoned it was stuff I didn't need or would use!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Star866

First Post!!

I love a good bargain, I bought w7 Aye Aye Captain Liquid eyeliner, the felt tip applicator that comes with it is crap but I use my eyeliner brush instead. I got mine off SimplyFoxy for €2.75. Best Eyeliner I have had i ages. It doesn't smudge at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

I bought the new Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' mascara today for 6.99 in Boots. :)

Looking forward to trying it out, it has such a nice smell also. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

was in chemist yesterday, dying of a dose and they were selling off all their rimmel stock so the last few bits were a €1 each! Got three Kate red lipsticks (different shades) and a brow gel for €4 - that cheered me up :D

also picked up the nyx setting spray in matte as its been getting rave reviews so I want to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Have to stop checking this thread! I did a huge makeup clearout and now everything I have fits in one Muji clear storage box, but I'm weakening with my resolve to use up everything before buying anything new!

I did notice my Urban Decay primer (comes in a purple tube) is nearly gone so the NYX stuff might be a neccessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Absolutely zero self control when it comes to make up in Dealz. I am horrendous. :o

Got three eyeshadows, these are my new faves, they last for ages even without a primer and the pigmentation is fantastic, they have full pigmention and for €1.49 you really can't go wrong IMO.

Got three eyeshadows; Vintage Rose, Fern Green and Khaki Green.

Vintage Rose is to the left, its the shimmery one. Dying to use it. The one beside it, is Deep Plum.

Photo from Total Make up Addict

o9eu6g.jpg

I can't find pics of the green ones :(

Rimmel Exaggerate lipliner in 005 pure. Desperately needed a pink lip liner so was delighted to get this for €1.49.

tumblr_m07mg2N7kU1qh70jmo4_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Picked up the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush at the weekend:

xW3Pqg.jpg

Also have a good few quid of BT points going out of date at the end of May - anyone any suggestions on what to spend them on?

I love Lancome eyeliners. I've tried a few other brands but always go back to them. I must use up my points as well. I am thinking about a new lipstick, anyone try the Charlotte Tibury range?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Might be TMI but picked up the Boots Advanced Footcare Fungal Nail Treatment over the weekend after spotting that one of my smaller toenails had fallen victim (turns out 48% of us will get an infection during adulthood).

It's actually working really really well. My dad's tried every other treatment for years and nothing worked, but this was one of the cheaper ones in Boots, had great reviews online, and is making me hopeful that I can wear sandals in a little bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

lazygal wrote: »
    I am thinking about a new lipstick, anyone try the Charlotte Tibury range?

I really want to try some of the Charlotte Tilbury stuff but I can't find any normal people who've used it! The only reviews I can find are from beauty bloggers who either state that it was a pr sample or ones who don't post when something is a sample but posted their review around a similar time as the others. I just want real normal people to tell me if it's worth my money or not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I really want to try some of the Charlotte Tilbury stuff but I can't find any normal people who've used it! The only reviews I can find are from beauty bloggers who either state that it was a pr sample or ones who don't post when something is a sample but posted their review around a similar time as the others. I just want real normal people to tell me if it's worth my money or not!!

I got the lipliner in Pillowtalk and I love it! I just use it all over my lips though, find it lasts quite a while and is a lovely colour against my skin! :)

Yeah, that's why my cynical radar pings about those kinds of 'reviews'!

• Advertisement

From Charlotte Tilbury (all bought myself and I am a 'normal' person) I have the Dolce Vita eye palette, which is just beautiful. The shadows are so creamy and buttery and the glitter is like a pressed pigment, stunning patted on the eyelid.

I have the 3 mini lipsticks, all of which I love and love the shades of. I prefer them to the mac and chanel lippies I have and rank them up there with Dior lipsticks.

I also have the pillow talk lip liner and adore it, I've heard people say it can be used to make your lips look bigger, but I never go outside my natural lip line so can't comment on that. But I love it and it doesn't cling to my dry patches on my lips as badly as a lot of other lip liners do. It would be my favourite lip liner.

So nothing but good things to say about what I've tried from CT! Their Sculpt and Highlight palette looks so tempting and I may give in and pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have the sculpt and highlight and one of her cheek to chic blushes in the colour 'love glow'. I love the sculpt and highlight, bronzer is the best I've ever used for subtle contouring and the highlight is a gorgeous champagne colour. It's not too powdery or glittery which I love. The blush I could take it or leave it, it's a bit meh, have only used it a couple of times and I keep forgetting I even had it.

Oh I also have her eyeshadow quad in 'vintage vamp', lovely colours but awful packaging, very cheaply made, I actually think all her packaging is awful bar the sculpt and highlight.

Also made the mahoosive mistake of buying her magic cream, complete waste of money. Save yereselves the money and buy ponds cold cream instead, they even smell the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I got the Retoucher Concealer, an eyeliner and a lipstick. I do like the products but I think I would prefer to spend my money at Mac next time - I think I expected to look like a whole new me or something!

The lippy I got really needs a lip liner as well and its a nudey colour (sexy sienna) - I wouldn't have thought Id need a liner with it.

The eyeliner does wear off during the day - I was using an Essence one for 1.99 prior to that - its slightly better but not by much!

I bought my friend the powder and she loves it though.

How much was the mini lippy set, if you don't mind me asking? I'm on a lipstick hunt at the moment.

How much was the mini lippy set, if you don't mind me asking? I'm on a lipstick hunt at the moment.

It was €36 for the set of 3. Lovely little set but they are TINY! I'll pop a pic below of one of them beside a normal sized lipstick. They work out at €12 a pop which is madness for the size. If I was getting them now I reckon I'd just go for one full sized (€30)

dB8R7K.jpg

Oh that is teeny, more like one my daughter has to play with! I might go for a proper size one, I love the Armani lippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

anna080 wrote: »
    I have the sculpt and highlight and one of her cheek to chic blushes in the colour 'love glow'. I love the sculpt and highlight, bronzer is the best I've ever used for subtle contouring and the highlight is a gorgeous champagne colour. It's not too powdery or glittery which I love. The blush I could take it or leave it, it's a bit meh, have only used it a couple of times and I keep forgetting I even had it.

Oh I also have her eyeshadow quad in 'vintage vamp', lovely colours but awful packaging, very cheaply made, I actually think all her packaging is awful bar the sculpt and highlight.

Also made the mahoosive mistake of buying her magic cream, complete waste of money. Save yereselves the money and buy ponds cold cream instead, they even smell the same.

That's exactly what puts me off CT. The packaging is akin to Constance Carroll pound shop make up. It totally belies the price and puts me off completely.

That's exactly what puts me off CT. The packaging is akin to Constance Carroll pound shop make up. It totally belies the price and puts me off completely.

SERIOUS blast from the past there! Is that stuff still being sold? I remember a really cakey powder and some chalky concealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

SERIOUS blast from the past there! Is that stuff still being sold? I remember a really cakey powder and some chalky concealer.

:D

I'm showing my age aren't i? :)

I'm not sure if it's still on sale but the CT packaging put me instantly back at 14 years old cruising. The £ shops for Constance Carroll!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Makeupaddiction on reddit is a great source of online reviews, seen CT mentioned.quite a bit on there. Makeupalley too, havent looked for CT reviews in particular but its my go to for reviews if im going to shell out for something expensive.

Advertisement