Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

I received my first ever order from Makeup Revolution today. No problem with delivery, it arrived one week after I ordered it. I got the Iconic Pro 1 eyeshadow palette. It's so gorgeous and really nicely pigmented. Can't wait to order more stuff from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up this eye cream in Boots seen as I am almost out of my Botanics one.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Boots-Simply-Sensitive-Hydrating-Eye-Cream-15ml_1189237/

Seems nice, going to see how it performs over the next while though. Can't wait until I get my Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream again, that stuff is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Does anybody know where in Cork they stock Isa Dora makeup line? I love their shadows and they used to stock it in Sam McCauleys in Blackpool Shopping Centre but I don't think they do it anymore.

The only place I've seen it for sale online is on a site called nelly.com but I'm not sure how reliable this site is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Bought myself the urban decay perversion mascara two weeks ago. Very disappointed with it. It clumps very easily and has started to dry out already.
    Will be returning to my trusted old max factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

leahyl wrote: »
    Does anybody know where in Cork they stock Isa Dora makeup line? I love their shadows and they used to stock it in Sam McCauleys in Blackpool Shopping Centre but I don't think they do it anymore.

The only place I've seen it for sale online is on a site called nelly.com but I'm not sure how reliable this site is.

I think Debenhams in Patrick St. have an Isa Dora counter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

heyday30 wrote: »
    Bought myself the urban decay perversion mascara two weeks ago. Very disappointed with it. It clumps very easily and has started to dry out already.
    Will be returning to my trusted old max factor.

Maybe you could bring it back to them? I returned an Estee Lauder mascara before because it was clumpy and started drying up after 2 or 3 uses, they offered me a replacement for free but I asked for a refund instead and they agreed. Can't for the life of me remember what shop I returned it to (I'd say it was probably an independent pharmacy I bought it from) but worth a try as it's not fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

dee_mc wrote: »
    Maybe you could bring it back to them? I returned an Estee Lauder mascara before because it was clumpy and started drying up after 2 or 3 uses, they offered me a replacement for free but I asked for a refund instead and they agreed. Can't for the life of me remember what shop I returned it to (I'd say it was probably an independent pharmacy I bought it from) but worth a try as it's not fit for purpose.

I had an allergic reaction to Mac Studio Fix Fluid years ago, so brought it back to them within a week and they gave me a refund. Definitely worth a try, worst they can say is no!

Thanks yeah I will mail debenhams. Was very disappointed, could be just a dud that I got. Thanks guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Debenhams half price sale started today!! Get online quick before all the good stuff is gone. Beauty is only 10% though.

eternal wrote: »
    Debenhams half price sale started today!! Get online quick before all the good stuff is gone. Beauty is only 10% though.

Already on it :) my poor bank balance tho?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I think Debenhams in Patrick St. have an Isa Dora counter!

Really?! Thanks meehan, I'll check it out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭whatever76

Was in Spain last week and found a Kiko shop - Man what a shop and so cheap as well, bought a few small treats for myself. I could have spent 100's in there. They need to come to Ireland ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I love Kiko coloured eyeliners and cream shadow sticks. I've only tried eye products from them but I loved everything I have used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

whatever76 wrote: »
    Was in Spain last week and found a Kiko shop - Man what a shop and so cheap as well, bought a few small treats for myself. I could have spent 100's in there. They need to come to Ireland ...

They deliver but its not as fun as picking it out in person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just moved a bunch of posts to a new thread in case anyone is wondering where they went. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Just back from a week in New York... Sephora or mac etc on every other corner..Dangerous for the ol wallet :o

Pic 1.
    Stila soul palette: I recently sold 7 of the urban decay palettes I had accumulated over the years, this is a nice fresh replacement! All very neutral, no crazy blues or pinks but they're all lovely, very wearable, silky texture, apply well and last well (with a primer). Affection (second row, middle shade) is a standout for me, I've pale skin, blue eyes and very dark hair so this warms my eyes up nicely! Four of the 12 are matte shades too so great for day wear.

Too faced - cocoa contour palette: this was a spur of the moment buy, I was looking to get benefits hoola bronzer but this seemed better value (the things I tell myself :p). I'm not big in to contouring so this is an attempt to dip my toe in and see how I get on! Colours are lovely, nice cool tones, nothing is too orangey or bronzey. Medium (top right) looks like the one I'll get most use out of. Pop of light (bottom right) is very glittery, not sure how that will sit on my skin!

image.jpg1_zpshtctplft.jpg

Pic 2.

Becca - ever matte poreless priming perfector. Not a fan at all, thankfully this is just a sample size and was only $15. Overly matte, sits really heavy on the skin. Reminds me of the mattifying no 7 primer in the was that it almost balls on the skin when foundation is applied over it. I use double wear so maybe the two combined was just too much but I can't say I'll be buying the full version of this, or probably ever using the mini sample again.

Benefit - coralista. Great blush, nothing much more you can say about that!

(Top) Mac - mineralise skin finish natural in light plus. Standard powder for me, love it, must have bought 7/8 of them at this point! Love them!

(Bottom) elf baked highlighter in blush gems. Lovely really, nothing bad to say except about the packaging, I know it's a very cheap brand but the packaging is very flimsy and I won't be just throwing it in to my bag any time soon!

Elf - mineral pearls. Meh, chanced my arm on this cause it was only $4 but it's very powdery, nothing pearlescent about it at all.

image.jpg5_zps1fqrknmo.jpg

Pic 3.

EOS lip balms - LOVE these, my lips have never felt softer. Scents are nice too, top to bottom are peppermint, strawberry and tropical (tropical... Drool, so gorgeous!)

Elf mineral face primer, feels lovely, not sure how much of a difference it made to the longevity of my make up but definitely made it nicer to apply!

Anastasia brow whizz - bought this after reading all the hype here! It's nice and I really like the spoolie on the other end. Colour I got is dark brown, suits my brows nicely and doesn't look overly drawn on! It's very very similar to the Estée lauder double wear brow lift duo (to right of brow whizz in pic) which I normally use. Price wise it's not that different really, $22 vs. €26. EL brow lift has a highlighter on the other end though which I really like! It'll be difficult to choose which to buy, I'm on my third EL Brow lift, they only last me 7/8 weeks so if I get longer out of Anasazis brow whizz that may be the clincher :)

Catrice glamour doll to replace my Lancôme doll eyes, not a like for like replacement but it did the job for the holidays and I'll definitely re purchase!

Catrice liquid liner - most definitely a holy grail product for me, I wing line my eyes 6 out of 7 days in the week and I've bought this more than 9/10 times by now. So easy to use, waterproof and lasts for the whole day!

image.jpg4_zpsokyml9tl.jpg

Pic 4.

All elf lip products!

Moisturising lip stick in wink pink - finally found a 'my lips but better shade'! Nice, moisturising, the colour is what I really love! The lipstick itself is not a particularly great lipstick but until I find something to beat it that will be firmly in my handbag for the fore sealable future!

Next two are matte lip colour in 'dash of pink' and 'hot commodity' - both are nice, just nice. Colour pay off is good, staying power is nice, they almost stain you lips and wear of fairly evenly. They are very bright colours (pic doesn't do them justice) and can look a bit chalky but for $3 each it's hard to fault them!

Last is a lip balm in the imaginatively named 'pink'. It's brighter than it looks in the pic, not super moisturising like a normal balm but it's nice for just throwing on with a bare face!

image.jpg3_zpsxjqzzx7l.jpg

Pic 5 - the rest of the bits and bobs!
    Double ended Bite lipstick (another sample size!) not really used either of them but swatches they look good! The top colour is lingonberry - bright pink/purple matte, like a lighter version of Mac Rebel. Bottom colour is tangerine - an orangey coral in some lights, a definite coral in other lights, not close to the pink in any light despite the pic I've posted!

Mac lip liner in Chic Trick - got it as a match for a kilo lipstick I bought a while ago but it will also go nicely with the Elf hot commodity lipstick I posted above!

Carmex and EZ lashes - both fairly standard products that you can't go wrong with!

image.jpg2_zpsxmlip8vw.jpg

Now to live on spaghetti hoops and eggs for the month :o

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Just treated myself to some Dior eyeshadow. It's a real treat so hoping it is worth the money

http://debenhams.scene7.com/is/image/Debenhams/123172073999?wid=1250&hei=1250&qlt=95

Sorry don't know how to insert pic. Any tips :)

Got this Laura Mercier palette from Sephora online. Expensive (around the same € price as the Naked Palettes + shipping) the colours are so freaking gorgeous, god I can't wait for it to arrive.

http://www.sephora.com/artist-palette-for-eyes-P383070?skuId=1677848

http%253A%252F%252Fscontent-a.cdninstagram.com%252Fhphotos-xap1%252Ft51.2885-15%252F928068_526025887530736_2011509187_n.jpg

Got samples of these products too. Hope they're nice :)

http://www.sephora.com/bb-tinted-treatment-12-hour-primer-broad-spectrum-spf-30-sunscreen-P377542?skuId=1486752

http://www.sephora.com/chocolate-soleil-medium-deep-matte-bronzer-P229406?skuId=1511831

http://www.sephora.com/wake-up-call-hydrating-treatment-gel-P386497

http://www.sephora.com/alpha-beta-glow-pads-P282415?skuId=1325216 - thought these were exfiolating pads but they're actually self tanners for your face. :o Will probably give them to my friend as I can't imagine I will use them as I rarely ever wear tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

OT but does Sephora deliver to Ireland????

I have a few must have products of theirs but I'm never near one any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

lazygal wrote: »
    OT but does Sephora deliver to Ireland????

I have a few must have products of theirs but I'm never near one any more!

I think they do but there are restrictions on what they'll ship, and the shipping can be expensive from what I've heard. I think there was a recent thread on it elsewhere in Beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

I purchased strobe cream from mac today so looking forward to trying it. What do people think of inglot make up?

Sephora deliver to the UK but not Ireland. There are restrictions on what you can purchase though.

I used a shipping service in the US to get my package as shipping works out much cheaper that way.

Shipping for the stuff in my post should be less than €12ish which is still expensive but Shipping from Sephora was over £20 GBP plus taxes/customs and the Parcel Motel fee so shipping would be nearly the same price as the palette itself.

If you want I can pm you the service I used?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Sephora deliver to the UK but not Ireland. There are restrictions on what you can purchase though.

I used a shipping service in the US to get my package as shipping works out much cheaper that way.

Shipping for the stuff in my post should be less than €12ish which is still expensive but Shipping from Sephora was over £20 GBP plus taxes/customs and the Parcel Motel fee so shipping would be nearly the same price as the palette itself.

Yes, I'd appreciate that. A few of their own brand things are among my must haves.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Could i get the name too? It sounds perfect as a lot of the stuff I want, they won't ship here!

lazygal wrote: »
    Yes, I'd appreciate that. A few of their own brand things are among my must haves.
    I'm on my phone at the minute but I will be on my laptop soon so I will pm you from my laptop as it's easier :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

You should be able to post the service in the thread just fine. Unless it's an illegal service or you are secretly a shill for the shipping company (which your clearly not) then it shouldn't be against the forum rules. People post links to parcel motel the whole time and I imagine this is a similar service. I'm only saying this because you are going to get bombarded with posts asking for you to PM the link, much easier to just post it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Banaba wrote: »
    I purchased strobe cream from mac today so looking forward to trying it. What do people think of inglot make up?
    Oh you will love the strobe cream, Its defo a holy grail in my opinion :). It lasts ages aswell - ive mine well over a year and still about quarter of the tube left! I use it as a base/primer and then mix a tiny bit into my foundation.
    As for inglot I use their hd foundation and find it brilliant, i also have another of their foundations, setting powder and blush - all used regularly:)

You should be able to post the service in the thread just fine. Unless it's an illegal service or you are secretly a shill for the shipping company (which your clearly not) then it should be against the forum rules. People post links to parcel motel the whole time and I imagine this is a similar service. I'm only saying this because you are going to get bombarded with posts asking for you to PM the link, much easier to just post it once.
    I thought that too but wasn't sure if I'd be allowed as it might be considered off topic, but I'll post the info here anyway. Hope that's okay with the mods :)

I used the website www.reship.com which is obviously exactly like Parcel Motel. More info here http://www.reship.com/UI/ServicesFees.aspx

The register fee is $5 USD (it worked out at €4.91 for me) plus the shipping charge for when they receive my parcel. They will then give me the various shipping rates which I can just choose what one I want.

More info here too http://www.reship.com/UI/QuestionsAnswers.aspx

You won't avoid customs/vat etc though unless your parcel slips through unnoticed but I would say to be prepared to pay them just in case. You can use this website to give an idea (not an exact figure) of how much customs you may have to pay www.dutycalculator.com

There is a list here on Temptalia on what brands Sephora won't ship to the UK is here, however I'm not sure if this is all the brands they won't ship or if there's more, or if they do ship those brands now. Only way to find out is to contact Sephora and ask or add the items to your basket, choose international shipping and it will tell you whether they can be shipped or not. http://www.temptalia.com/sephora-com-now-shipping-uk-japan-south-korea

Hope that is of some help. I will post back here and let you know how I get on with ReShip etc and whether I am charged customs etc but bear in mind even if I am not charged customs that doesn't mean you won't be as it all depends on the package. :)

Oh and with Sephora just make sure that your billing and delivery addresses are different (obviously) and I used my own billing address and it worked out fine.

Any questions just fire away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

fifi28 wrote: »
    Oh you will love the strobe cream, Its defo a holy grail in my opinion :). It lasts ages aswell - ive mine well over a year and still about quarter of the tube left! I use it as a base/primer and then mix a tiny bit into my foundation.
    As for inglot I use their hd foundation and find it brilliant, i also have another of their foundations, setting powder and blush - all used regularly:)

I have it on today. Used it as a primer and a bit on my cheekbones.. I love it Im Glowing!! :) I usually use MAC studio fix foundation, have you ever used it? If you have how does it compare to the Inglot HD foundation? Does it give good full coverage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Banaba wrote: »
    I have it on today. Used it as a primer and a bit on my cheekbones.. I love it Im Glowing!! :) I usually use MAC studio fix foundation, have you ever used it? If you have how does it compare to the Inglot HD foundation? Does it give good full coverage?

Its great isnt it :). I use mac soft and gentle skinfinish for my highlight - dont know why Id never used it before! As for the foundation Ive never used any mac foundation so unfortunately cant compare - I had wasted so much money looking for the right foundation that once I found my inglot 1 I have stuck with it. I was using their AMC one before the HD and was happy enough. Both are full coverage and I actually mix a little of the AMC with the HD just to dilute it a little.

Advertisement