Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Luno wrote: »
    Bought Benefit's Fake Up off of ASOS with todays 25% off code. A Christmas present to me from me :o
    Also picked up a Tweezerman from ASOS aswell for my mother. Hopefully she won't think this is a ridiculous present, picked it up as she is always complaining about the poor quality of tweezers.

I had such high hopes for that concealer because i find other ones crease and can look quite cakey or dry, so i went in to buy it and the lady put some on for me to try it out, wasn't overly amazed by it so said I'd think about it and come back.

Later when I got home I had the itchiest skin where it had been applied but thought it was my imagination but it got worse after a while so I washed it off, I was all red and dry all around my eyes! Then for about three or four days the skin was raw and itchy- so much so that I stopped wearing any creams or make up in case it irritated it more.

I went in to the counter and informed the lady in case the concealer she used was contaminated or something and not to use it on other people unless it was cleaned properly, she didn't seem to care! Even up to about two weeks after using it my eyes looked swollenish and verrrry dry- which was a kick in the face because its the area I was trying to detract from by using the concealer!

Just to be clear I don't think it was the concealer in my case- I just didn't find it great generally- I think the one she used on me was probably used by someone with an infection or something or I was allergic to something in it ( for the time frame in which it happened this seems more likely but it has never happened with any cosmetics or creams before and I use ALOT ha).

I really hope you like it though!

lukesmom wrote: »
    My hairdresser told me that all the hairdressers where she works in peter marks use horse shampoo! It can be bought in boots. She told me the Pantene I'm using is basically paint stripper!

Yeah I use mane and tail, its great!
    And I use pantene whenever my dye goes too dark because its notorious for stripping colour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Tasden wrote: »
    I had such high hopes for that concealer because i find other ones crease and can look quite cakey or dry, so i went in to buy it and the lady put some on for me to try it out, wasn't overly amazed by it so said I'd think about it and come back.

Later when I got home I had the itchiest skin where it had been applied but thought it was my imagination but it got worse after a while so I washed it off, I was all red and dry all around my eyes! Then for about three or four days the skin was raw and itchy- so much so that I stopped wearing any creams or make up in case it irritated it more.

I went in to the counter and informed the lady in case the concealer she used was contaminated or something and not to use it on other people unless it was cleaned properly, she didn't seem to care! Even up to about two weeks after using it my eyes looked swollenish and verrrry dry- which was a kick in the face because its the area I was trying to detract from by using the concealer!

Just to be clear I don't think it was the concealer in my case- I just didn't find it great generally- I think the one she used on me was probably used by someone with an infection or something or I was allergic to something in it ( for the time frame in which it happened this seems more likely but it has never happened with any cosmetics or creams before and I use ALOT ha).

I really hope you like it though!
    I've stole some off my sister in law before and liked it, I think I should be okay and from what I remember it hasn't amazing coverage but hopefully will do me okay for a quick fix before college :)

That's good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

must buy the horse shampoo but cant find it anywhere :/ tryed boots all they had were the conditioners and hair color one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Bought naked flush last week, have worn it every day since. Gives a lovely glow to the skin. The only issue if it even is one is that I feel very 'done' looking when wearing it during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

you can get the horse shampoo, mane and tail in mccabes they have it in citywest anyway. I used it, didnt find it great on me at all its very heavy.I do know a girl with gorgeous hair though and it didnt used to look that good - she swears its down to the shampoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Inglot-
    Foundation
    Powder
    Bronzer
    Blush
    Mascara
    Liquid eyeliner
    Primer
    2 eyeshadows
    Lipstick

Boots-
    5 new brushes, real techniques
    17 Brow's that! brow kit.
    Model Co extension mascara
    17 phwoarr under eye concealer

First time using Inglot and I have to say I really love their stuff. Especially the foundation.

The 17 Brow that! kit is good too, I normally just use brown eyeshadow, won't be going back.

I paid €42 for the extension mascara and I'm slightly disappointed, but it's still good. More everyday mascara, I can do a better job with regular mascara :(

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Bought the coco mademoiselle dupe in lidl today after reading about it in here and I am very impressed. Long lasting, fresh and cheap as chips! I was in the states recently and bought a tooth whitening gel in cvs (own brand) which I apply each night. It brightened my teeth significantly in a month, as many as 4 to 5 shades lighter. Better than any costly teeth whitening treatment I've had done and all for less than 15dollars! Would definitelybrecommend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

This isn't a new purchase but a discovery....put comfort into my hair as a condition...omg....my hair feels sooooo soft and light and smells so good! l never would of thought of it til l read the life magazine, gonna straighten my hair later can wait to see the results! :D

Really don't know about that. Wouldn't all the chemicals in it strip the hell out of your hair??

Brought this tom ford cream contour palette in brown Thomas last weekend. Loving it so far. The highlight is extremely natural and the contour doesn't look orange on my skin like other contours I've used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

My boyfriend bought me urban decay F bomb lipstick, I was looking for a real classic red with no undertones and this definetly looked like it. I tried it on tonight for the first time and It's extremely pigmented and moisturising however I thought it was A little pinkish. Maybe it was just the light, I'm also quite pale. anybody else got the same shade?

SingItOut wrote: »
    My boyfriend bought me urban decay F bomb lipstick, I was looking for a real classic red with no undertones and this definetly looked like it. I tried it on tonight for the first time and It's extremely pigmented and moisturising however I thought it was A little pinkish. Maybe it was just the light, I'm also quite pale. anybody else got the same shade?

I haven't tried this but any red I've tried looks pinkish against my pale skin, its so annoying, was thinking of trying ruby woo but think it might be the same, maybe Russian red. I'm finding that the more winey reds are leaning towards pink which sucks cause they're lovely this time of year

Try it in a few different lights, sometimes it can trick us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

tried the mane and tail aka the 'horse shampoo' again this week and its not bad it does leave your hair very shiny which is great I just find with my hair its only really nice afterwards if I fully dry my hair. normally I only dry the front and leave rest to dry natural and it takes ages to dry after this stuff.

the snoxin I have been using for a week or so now so can review it better and yes its brilliant and worth the hype I love it when product live up to the hype. I am wearing it at night and the hydraluron by day as you have to apply both cloest to your skin after cleansing. My skin has been looking very good and very smooth in the morning after using it. I will definately keep going with it

mauzo! wrote: »
    I paid €42 for the extension mascara and I'm slightly disappointed, but it's still good. More everyday mascara, I can do a better job with regular mascara :(

I take this back. It's amazing....I've gotten so many compliments and people asking if they're fake. I normally like really thick black lashes, but this just makes them really long and perfect looking, and keeps them that way until I take it off. For the lower lashes I just the step 1 mascara and not the actual fibre stuff, it worked really well, no spidery lashes. I hate the thick lower lash look!

I'll be buying this regularly! http://beaut.ie/2011/modelco-fibre-lash-brush-on-lash-extension-mascara-kit/

The Inglot powder is a bit of a pain. I got 13 and 45, 45 for contouring and its really powdery. It goes everywhere and doesnt last very long at all. So much of it gets wasted. I dip my brush in and it's all over me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Bought L'Oreal's False Lash Wings mascara - it is amazing!!!

My eyelashes are thin and barely there - this mascara changed all that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Thanks for that i will be going out buying a new mascara as mines running out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I've been using a tester of Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24h foundation in 005 for the last few days and I'm quite impressed. I'm used to quite heavy coverage foundation but I wanted to go for something a little more sheer and less mask-like. This gives medium buildable coverage, although I still need concealer on the worst of my blemishes.

Its staying power is pretty great too; I use it with Smashbox primer and Catrice pressed powder and I get the whole day out of it. My skin is really, really oily so it does need some blotting and a little powder throughout the day but it's nothing worse than what I'm used to already.

Overall I'm quite impressed, although I'd say that it might not be much use for pale girls. I'm wearing the palest shade and I'm quite sallow. But I do think I'll be forking out for it as a post-Christmas present to myself :)

Well I have to backtrack on this; I think the foundation made me break out. It's the only new product I've used on my face recently and now I've loads of blocked pores. Back to the drawing board!

But I did get the Babyliss Big Hair styler for Christmas and I'm in love! I get a lovely curly blowdry finish with it. I usually need to smooth my roots afterwards with a straightener but I'm still very impressed :)

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    But I did get the Babyliss Big Hair styler for Christmas and I'm in love! I get a lovely curly blowdry finish with it. I usually need to smooth my roots afterwards with a straightener but I'm still very impressed :)

I got a hot air styler and I love it, my hair looks exactly like it does when I get a curly blow dry in Pete Marks :) Only used it once so far, I love it!

Its Desperate Housewives :o Think it was a tenner in Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Where can I buy Isa Dora eyeshadow and is it pricey? recentley came across a really nice eyeshadow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Where can I buy Isa Dora eyeshadow and is it pricey? recentley came across a really nice eyeshadow...

I have seen it in Sam McCauley's pharmacies. Not sure about the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I don't know about the single shadows but I did get an eyeshadow trio last year and it was €6.50 half price, but as that was a year ago, prices may have changed. Although you might get them on offer somewhere now :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My brother got me a Cloud10Beauty.com voucher for Christmas (he was given a heavy hint!), so I just bought these!

REN Rosa Centifolia 3-In-1 Cleansing Water, €16. From reviews it seems very gentle and a great all in one for removing make up.

3700.jpg

REN Vita Mineral Emollient Rescue Cream, €26. I get quite dry skin on my forehead in Winter so looking forward to trying this!

REN-vita-mineral-emollient-rescue-cream.jpg

I also picked up some OPI drying drops, just to give them a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

For anyone that uses Revlon Colorstay Foundation - I always buy mine online from fragrancedirect.co.uk - I bought 6 bottles just now and saved myself 50e!!

They are normally nearly 18e a bottle in boots compared to 9e on fragrancedirect. I also found a promo code for free delivery so I was delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

leahyl wrote: »
    For anyone that uses Revlon Colorstay Foundation - I always buy mine online from fragrancedirect.co.uk - I bought 6 bottles just now and saved myself 50e!!

They are normally nearly 18e a bottle in boots compared to 9e on fragrancedirect. I also found a promo code for free delivery so I was delighted!
    Any chance of the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was going to be in need of a new primer soon (well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) so when I saw this Bareminerals set on HUKD I couldn't resist!. It comes to €36 (vs £29) on Debenhams.ie so not too much more expensive. The primer alone would have been €23 and all the other products are full size (apparently!) Bargain. Have wanted to try baremineral stuff for ages.

STA42107.JPG

• bareMinerals® ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation in Light 8g
    • Prime Time™ Brightening Foundation Primer 30ml
    • Prime Time™ Brightening Eyelid Primer 8ml
    • Eyecolour in Smoke 0.57g
    • Big & Bright Eyeliner in Charcoal 0.35g
    • Blush in Pink Petal 0.85g
    • Natural Lipgloss in Fruit Cocktail 4.2ml
    • Flawless Application Face Brush

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I bought a very similar set in Canada a couple of years ago and loved it! I used everything apart from the gloss, but only because I never wear gloss. The products were indeed full sized, and the eyelid primer is gorgeous. Good purchase! :)

lindtee wrote: »

• bareMinerals® ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation in Light 8g
    • Prime Time™ Brightening Foundation Primer 30ml
    • Prime Time™ Brightening Eyelid Primer 8ml
    • Eyecolour in Smoke 0.57g
    • Big & Bright Eyeliner in Charcoal 0.35g
    • Blush in Pink Petal 0.85g
    • Natural Lipgloss in Fruit Cocktail 4.2ml
    • Flawless Application Face Brush

I am so jealous!! I spent €70 getting my sister a set 2 Christmas' ago and she loved it, I tried the stuff one night and thought it was amazing :D

I only replaced my make up a little while ago, and I'm not buying any more for the year so Ill see if she's done with hers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I had an all for one voucher so I got the following from Sam McCauley today. Hadn't planned on getting anything but couldn't resist them.Both were approx €18 each (33% off)

Clarins Instant beauty collection
    clarins-instant-smoothing-essentials_large.jpeg?v=1381419481
    Contains full size Instant smooth primer and minis of the other two.

Clarins instant light complexion perfector in 00
    mzqQFrsiP1AlQKNd9eCHYVw.jpg

Have never used an illuminator before but the reviews for it sound like it could be great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I got MAC's Cremesheen lipstick in Hang Up for Christmas, and it's a gorgeous deep berry colour and feels very creamy on the lips. My only gripe is that it's not particularly long-lasting even with lipliner, which is a shame. But the colour is just so gorgeous that I'm happy to wear it anyway :)

6-mac-cosmetics-cremesheen-hang-up.jpg

Not my photo.

Advertisement