Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Popped into Boots yesterday with the intention of only buying deodorant and face wash, but they had lots of stuff on sale. Got this Trevor Sorbie curl cream for €2.50 as I'm letting my hair dry naturally lately and serum just wasn't cutting it with regards frizz.

I used it this morning and I really really like it. My hair is air drying into nice frizz free waves and will only touch it up with a bit of serum at lunchtime.

clya.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭taato

I have to say the best "red" lipstick I've ever had was MAC Ruby Woo. It is a matt lipstick and lasts for ages, which is rare for me as most lipsticks rub off in no-time. I've had it for years and it always gets noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Bought Bobbi Brown lipstick in Razzberry last week and I am so in love with it. It is fab on. Recommended by Laura from Buynowbloglater! Obsessed!:D

bbmatt02.png

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

oh ladies I really must stop myself from reading this thread :D

Saw hydraluron mentioned a few times on here had never heard of it before but had to go out and buy it once I read a few reviews online - I really do not have the money to be splashing out on fancy lotions and potions at the moment but I'm hoping my skin will look so good it will all be worth it :)

oh and also bought the Bioderma crealine stuff on the same day too eeeek :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

taato wrote: »
    I have to say the best "red" lipstick I've ever had was MAC Ruby Woo. It is a matt lipstick and lasts for ages, which is rare for me as most lipsticks rub off in no-time. I've had it for years and it always gets noticed.
    That is my signature lip :) favourite lipstick ever!!

Illyana, you could try popping a primer (i use lip primer, prep and prime from mac but im sure any primer would work) on your lip about 20 mins before you pop on your lipstick. Pop on your lipstick and lip liner, then blot your lip with some tissue that you have taken off the excess but are kind of left with a base of colour if that makes sense. Then reapply your lipstick. That should help the cremesheen to last a little longer.

My product review are hair products. I neglect my hair something shocking and it has stayed at the very same
    Length for 14 months. Last year I had it pre lightened way too much to have a ridiculous purple (savage tho!) put onto it. Result was, washing my hair made it snap, combing my hair made it snap, it didn't help that I tend to back comb the living day lights out of it. When I say my hair was in dire straights in November, I mean I was ashamed of my life. I cried having it trimmed, and leaving the salon I vowed to start minding my hair.

The first product I bought was this
    ogw3fr.jpg

Magic in a bottle. It does everything! It smells yummy, it detangles so acts like a conditioner, it repairs dry and damaged hair and it acts as a heat protecter, my hair feels smooth and I tend to have very fine hair but lots of it, and this makes my hair feel heavier and stronger and it definitely adds volume to it.

I have been using it since November and my hair has sped down. I'm going to see if I have photos. It's amazing.

Along with this I've been using coconut oil, buy it in dunnes for 5.99, rub a little into my hair, give myself a little head massage to stimulate the scalp, wrap it in cling film to keep in the heat and wash it out the next morning.

Attached is my hair at the min. In the first pic, it's my hair as of a few days ago (I know it looks in bits still but it's getting better thanks to the spray and oil) but that's the length in it after I got it trimmed in November.
    The second pic was in mid November, about two days before I had it trimmed. You can see how much I needed off, and that's how much my hairs come down since about the 20th nov.
    2dv6e5h.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry for double post. Am going to to a makeup review too, as I recently changed my foundation from mac studio sculpt to... NYC All day long foundation in shade 737 classic ivory. (About five euro in pennies)
    I love it, it stays on my skin the entire day and I do not blot or powder throughout the day. I use gosh primer underneath it and mac mineralise in light to set it.
    I usually apply it with the mac duo fibre brush but in the pic below I applied it with just a regular foundation brush and I think it went on much better.
    It's the only cheaper foundation that I've tried and I liked. That said, I've normal skin so have no idea how this would work on oily skin. It is quite dewy too so I personally wouldn't use it on more mature skin.

To contour I used mac 168 and mac mineralise in medium deep. I like my contour strong, so I love it however it might be too dark for a lot of people.

To highlight I used mac luster drops in pink rebel.
    The blusher is mac dainty
    The eyeliner is feline by mac
    The mascara is inglot false lash effect (favourite mascara)
    Lip liner is redd by mac
    Lipstick is Russian red with redd shaded in over the entire lip
    Eyeshadow is a bobbi brown "rich caviar" eye pallete. Not overly gone on it so was trying to use it up.
    t70kf6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I went a bit mad on Cloud 10 Beauty the other night :o

Sleek Correct and Conceal palette 10e

cc--01-355.jpg

This is pretty good, a thicker consistency than my old Catrice concealer. I really like the finishing powder that comes with it too.

Sleek Brow Kit in Dark 9.99e

96027226-1.jpg

I really like this, the wax and powder really make my brows stand out. Not bad for a tenner ;)

Sleek Ultra-Matte i-Divine Palette 9.99e

Sleek-MakeUp-Ultra-Matte-i-Divine-Palettes-21.jpg

I haven't used this yet but it looks like it'll be great for daytime smokey eyes. I've heard great things about Sleek eyeshadow palettes so I can't wait to use it.

Sleek Blush in Coral 5.49e http://www.cloud10beauty.com/blush-html.html

It looks quite dark and pigmented in the palette but it gives a lovely subtle wash of colour. I think corals suit me more than pinks so this is a handy substitute until I can afford to replace my Coralista.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Any chance of the code?

Sorry only saw this now! The code has expired now!! Sorry!! I got it from hotukdeals.com - I just typed "promo code fragrance direct" into google. Keep an eye out for future ones :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

I purchased the a set on sale of Elizabeth Arden creams.

I was quite excited as I had heard a lot about it especialy the 8 hour skin balm.

I was a little disappointed though, as the i was not so keen on the taste and smell which is the general scent on the hand creams and creams in general.

I felt i had to apply the lip/skin balm to my lips a couple of times a day

However the packaging was lovely but unfortunately the product did not amaze me.

Any one else any opinions on Elizabeth Arden creams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi Lexie, i am just wondering what brand is Magic in a bottle or where can it be purchased?

Thanks a mil

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 reginaflange

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I went a bit mad on Cloud 10 Beauty the other night :o

Sleek Correct and Conceal palette 10e

cc--01-355.jpg

This is pretty good, a thicker consistency than my old Catrice concealer. I really like the finishing powder that comes with it too.

Sleek Brow Kit in Dark 9.99e

96027226-1.jpg

I really like this, the wax and powder really make my brows stand out. Not bad for a tenner ;)

Sleek Ultra-Matte i-Divine Palette 9.99e

Sleek-MakeUp-Ultra-Matte-i-Divine-Palettes-21.jpg

I haven't used this yet but it looks like it'll be great for daytime smokey eyes. I've heard great things about Sleek eyeshadow palettes so I can't wait to use it.

Sleek Blush in Coral 5.49e http://www.cloud10beauty.com/blush-html.html

It looks quite dark and pigmented in the palette but it gives a lovely subtle wash of colour. I think corals suit me more than pinks so this is a handy substitute until I can afford to replace my Coralista.

Where can you buy the Sleek products?

molly09 wrote: »
    Hi Lexie, i am just wondering what brand is Magic in a bottle or where can it be purchased?

Thanks a mil

M
    Hey Molly. I got mine in the salon services shop in my local town. It's about 13 euro. You can also get it in some hair salons but they charge a LOT more. Try the likes of reba, salon select or flair in your area. It's called uniq1 and it comes in a coconut scent too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hey Molly. I got mine in the salon services shop in my local town. It's about 13 euro. You can also get it in some hair salons but they charge a LOT more. Try the likes of reba, salon select or flair in your area. It's called uniq1 and it comes in a coconut scent too

Thanks a mil Lexie, will give it a go my hair is in a bad state after years of highlights!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I bought them on cloud10beauty.com. No problems with them at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 reginaflange

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I bought them on cloud10beauty.com. No problems with them at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

+1 for cloud10 Great website and Sleek products are amazing!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've bought a fair bit from Cloud10, great service and delivery was quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I got the rimmel colour rush balm in The Redder The Better. So so disappointed with it!! Has zero lasting power, dries my lips out an insane amount and bleeds like crazy:mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

You can buy them in Boots in Liffey Valley now, I'm not sure if you can get them in any other Boots. I'll be raiding it come next 3 for 2 day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

jenizzle wrote: »
    You can buy them in Boots in Liffey Valley now, I'm not sure if you can get them in any other Boots. I'll be raiding it come next 3 for 2 day :D

They sell it on boots.ie, only checked because you said, really excited about this!

Got this for £7.50 the other day, can't wait till it arrives!

http://stila.co.uk/collections/palettes/products/luxe-eye-shadow-palette

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ended up receiving and picking up a fair few pieces over Christmas!

Revlon Lipstick in Wild Orchard
    551139_l.jpg
    I never tried revlon lipsticks before but theyre actually lovely! This one anyway is very long lasting and feels nice on. I love the pinky, slightly purple shade of of it too, its very flattering!

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 110
    300.JPG
    It looks very orangey there but its actually more but its a very pinky, orange toned red.. If that makes any sense? Again I love it and think its very wearable!

Rimmel Scandeleyes Eyeshadow stick in Bulletproof Beige
    rimmel-wake-me-up-foundation-true-ivory-103%7CB268P_SP711_58_29RFJ.jpg
    I was really liking this as a daytime foundation, it gives just the right amount of coverage for me, also find the colour a good match for me too. Only thing is Im starting to blame it for aggravating any spots on my face. It doesnt seem to be the cause of any new ones but the next day after wearing it they seem slightly enlarged and a lot redder. So I dont know if I can keep using it :/

Ive only used a few things in this yet
    Benefit-Cosmetics-Little-Love-Potions.jpg
    Im really liking the Porefessional, Posietint and Highbeam so far and I can see myself wanting to purchase the full sized products of the last too! Not terribly keen on Watts Up or That Gal so far but that could be more down to not being too sure how to use them right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Just to a heads up ladies. The US brand Wet N Wild are now available in Ireland!! They are stocking them now in Dunnes. They are apparently amazing quality but really cheap. When I have money I'm gonna buy all the things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Just to a heads up ladies. The US brand Wet N Wild are now available in Ireland!! They are stocking them now in Dunnes. They are apparently amazing quality but really cheap. When I have money I'm gonna buy all the things!!

Hi, what Dunnes have you seen it at? Very exciting news!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

dinemo6 wrote: »

Stephens Green shopping centre definitely has it :) Im going in today to pick up some bits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm very excited to see W7 cosmetics are available from Cara Pharmacies, they are located in most towns in the North West but they also sell online. W7 do excellent cheapo dupes of high end brands, including this one of Urban Decay's Naked palette for the princely sum of €5!

W7BuffPalette03.jpg

dinemo6 wrote: »
    I know Blanchardstown have it also. But apparently all big Dunnes would have it. If the Dunnes had an Essence stand it should have it because it's replacing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Whats happening to Essence?

ladypip wrote: »
    Whats happening to Essence?

As far as I know they aren't leaving but I know Dunne's have gotten rid of them. Now it's really whether Penny's keep stocking them or not. I hope they don't leave Ireland anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

mauzo! wrote: »
    Stephens Green shopping centre definitely has it :) Im going in today to pick up some bits!

Wuhooo, just stocked up at the stand-my New York stash had been running low. They even have the Confort Zone and Walking on Eggshells palettes and Heather Silk blush- cult favourites as they say!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Is there anywhere I can get the W7 palette above, and eyebrow stencils? I'll be ordering online and I probably won't get them both in the same place, unless someone here knows somewhere :)

Edit- never mind! Cara pharmacy online has both :)

Thanks for posting that Dolbert, can't wait to get it!

Advertisement