Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

http://m.iherb.com/Real-Techniques-by-Samantha-Chapman
    Check our iherb for real tech brushes..fantastic website!

Thank you! I was just looking at iherb but they are so cheap that it made me wonder if they were genuine? Never used the website before, have you bought from them before? If so are the products genuine??

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

augusta24 wrote: »
    Thank you! I was just looking at iherb but they are so cheap that it made me wonder if they were genuine? Never used the website before, have you bought from them before? If so are the products genuine??

Yes! All above board..ordered loads from them..excellent delivery and service..def reccomend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

augusta24 wrote: »

iherb are actually recommended by Pixiwoo as a seller

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Oh brilliant thank you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Gosh growth mascara I am in LOVE with it. It's by far the best I have ever used and there have been a lot in my 34 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

With debenhams % off I picked this up for €22 :)

Have had my eye on it for a while, looking forward to trying it out. have heard good things about it :)

283542.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

I also got the Tangle Teezer after it being mentioned here, loving it!

Today I got roped in by the spiel of a girl in the stephens green centre for Micabella mineral makeup, no review of it yet as I haven't started to use it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Can any of the girls who got indeed retinol reface update me on how it is? Can't remember your names! I'm thinking of getting it while its a third off

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Chun Li wrote: »
    Today I got roped in by the spiel of a girl in the stephens green centre for Micabella mineral makeup, no review of it yet as I haven't started to use it :p

I am a big fan of micabella (the brand, not the insulting sales girl who points out every flaw on your face to try make you buy more!) so I don't think you'll be disappointed. Very natural, light finish to their products. Beautiful stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Saw a review of retinol reface this morning on www.beaut.ie

I did buy it but I only used it for about a week. Not because it is not good but because I figured I needed to let my skin settle and get less dry before using it. I've used other retinol stuff before and found it can make my skin a bit dry and given I already had that problem I figured I was putting cart before horse! I do plan to give it a proper try in a few weeks though. I recently spent a bit of money on a few products as my skin wasnt looking it's best and I'd gotten lazy and was not using anything regularly. Have been using products a few weeks - reviews below:

Indeed Labs Hydraluron - this is amazing and worth every penny!! I work in an office, spend evenings and weekends outside in all weather and fly frequently so my skin was dry and combination and had lines from it all. This stuff is unreal and I cannot get over how much better my skin looks I have already bought another tube for when this one runs out! Its fantastic for anyone flying and rehydrates your skin overnight after a flight. I use it morning and evening before moisturoiser. oh and the massive bizarre thing - after using this on my neck the two big tree trunk lines i have on it (which i hate! have no idea why I have two prominent lines on my neck I must move my head up and down too much), have faded a good bit!!

Indeed Labs Eyesilix - I have deep set eyes with awful dark shadows under them, always have had shadows! Only product I found that helped was nip and fab dark circle fix and I found dermalogica multi vitamin power recovery good too. However when I saw this I said I'd give it a try and I think its brilliant it has made a definite difference to the dark shadows and bags under my eyes I know as im using less concealer :D It doesnt work instantly, those claims are daft, it took 1-2 weeks for me to see a difference. I am now using it morning and night to give it a proper good try and I am impressed with it.

Indeed labs synoxin

I was in two minds about buying this but it was on offer in boots. The challenge I find with it is its meant to be worn closest to your skin as is hydraluron! so I started using this in the evening with no needle fix (see below) and the hydrluron in the morning. I am only using it 5 days but I think its good I will report back in another week or two but my skin is smoother and plumped up

Indeed Labs Retinol reface
    As above I havent tested properly yet as my skin needed hydration so I didnt want to put this on at same time. What I will say though is that I think you would need this for actual wrinkles as opposed to dehydration lines. I've been amazed how many fine lines on my face and creases have actually been fixed by the hydraluron.

Soap & Glory Dr SPot

When I eat badly or am run down I get a spot on my chin and for the past month or two had an irritating half spot on my chin. I used a tube of this stuff and I know some people swear by it but I found it useless :( I used the garnier blue roll on for spots instead the witch hazel one and it had it almost gone in a quarter of the time!

Nip & Fab glycolic fix pads

bought as part of a set which had ten pads in it and I've since bought more. I was worried about trying this as I have sensitive skin and the word 'acid' gives me the fear but it hasnt caused any issues (I dont use it on my eyes, I use the balm eye make up break up which is amazing for that). This really deep cleans my skin and gets every last bit of make up off. Plus I realised today my dreaded chin spot is 100% gone! :D my skin is nice and smooth too so I am definately going to keep using this stuff.

Nip & Fab no needle fix and instant radiance fix

I wasnt expecting much from the moisturoiser as I used their daily fix one before and was not that enthused about it. I like this one though its nice and thick and rich and my skin is not getting dry at all during the day. Its actually replaced my elemis pro collagen cream as my day cream as I found it was better!
    The no needle fix I use at night over the snoxin (snoxin and hydraluron dont moisturoise the top level of skin so you need stuff over it) and then finish with elemis pro collagen night cream. I find it really good. The nip and fab set I got was just €19 so with these two products and ten of the glycolic pads it was a bargain.

Loreal Eau De Teint
    bought this after hearing a lot of hype. Its grand its basically tinted water though! Yes it has a lovely feel going on your skin but thats because its basically tinted water! i get more coverage from my garnier bb cream. I actually did wear it today over my bb cream and it is nice but its definately for me a day one and not for a night out or for a day where i look a bit wrecked! also be careful with the bottle the texture is so watery its easy to spill. I did try this over my smashbox primer one day to see if it helped and that was a disaster it does not like to go on over a primer at all my face was a patchy mess!:eek:

Max Factor Mousse Foundation
    I love this love it! I use it for day wear (would use double wear for a night out) and have had so many compliments when wearing it. Its non drying , stays on gives medium coverage and a smooth look. I was convinced the stuff would at least start to dry up in the tub (i hated the maybelline stuff it was so dry on skin and in the tub) but no not at all.

Vichy Idealia
    am seeing this in shops a lot. I've sensitive combination skin and tested this before the launch. I wont touch it again it was just an awful mix with my skin I came out in angry red itchy spots all ove rmy skin which took weeks to heal up.

Byphasse Q10 Cream
    Same as the product above but worse I only used this for one day and woke up with my chin raging at me ugh it was awful and took a week to settle down.

Byphasse sensitive skin wipes
    these are grand! Nice big wipes and only cost €2 a pack

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comprehensive post! I appreciate that very much

I used hydraluron and fell in love, my skin is so much better so I wanted to try more of the indeed products. I bought the sampler pack that includes hydraluron seeing as I'm just out of the tube I had. This also includes snoxin and nanoblur- tbh I wasn't too pushed about the nanoblur but it was only 11 euro for the kit so why not!

I have used retinol products before and didn't find them too drying so I'll give it a shot! I really wanted to try the eye fix one because i have deep set eyes too and always look a little tired and I have one wrinkle- laughter line I guess- that's beginning to bug me! but the last box in blanch was absolutely battered so I was wary spending so much on an already tampered with box just to be safe yaknow.

I'm going to have the same issue as you re the order of which to put them on! The retinol at night with a night cream over I think and then alternate between hydraluron and snoxin in mornings with my day spf moisturiser over?? Too many products! Some you're supposed to use twice a day but I dunno about using them nightly with the retinol, I suppose its a nice complaint to have- too much skincare! I'm gonna start with just the retinol anyway so I'll keep you posted on the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

for buying it I would buy it online at boots.com and use parcel motel so you have a Uk address and can get the sterling price?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Just got Naked 3 in Debenhams Mary/Henry hstreet!!

for buying it I would buy it online at boots.com and use parcel motel so you have a Uk address and can get the sterling price?

Its a third off all the indeed stuff in boots atm so I just bought it in store, will keep that in mind for next time though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

CarMe wrote: »
    Just got Naked 3 in Debenhams Mary/Henry hstreet!!

WHAT! I thought it's being released on the 16th!? Is it out already?

Novella wrote: »
    WHAT! I thought it's being released on the 16th!? Is it out already?

Yeah the counter was swarmed, she said it wasn't supposed to be out yet and I'd be better to buy now which I did!! Messing with it now, I love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Isolt wrote: »
    I am a big fan of micabella (the brand, not the insulting sales girl who points out every flaw on your face to try make you buy more!) so I don't think you'll be disappointed. Very natural, light finish to their products. Beautiful stuff!

Haha yeh you don't feel great about your skin alright. I thought it was a tiny bit orangey so she mixed some of the lighter shade in with it so I'm happy now. She did say you don't need concealer but I still feel naked with no concealer so have been using some for a little extra coverage around any blemishes. And there's no way on earth that it will last me a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Yeah the counter was swarmed, she said it wasn't supposed to be out yet and I'd be better to buy now which I did!! Messing with it now, I love it!!

So jealous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh you are so lucky! Enjoy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've been using a tester of Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24h foundation in 005 for the last few days and I'm quite impressed. I'm used to quite heavy coverage foundation but I wanted to go for something a little more sheer and less mask-like. This gives medium buildable coverage, although I still need concealer on the worst of my blemishes.

Its staying power is pretty great too; I use it with Smashbox primer and Catrice pressed powder and I get the whole day out of it. My skin is really, really oily so it does need some blotting and a little powder throughout the day but it's nothing worse than what I'm used to already.

Overall I'm quite impressed, although I'd say that it might not be much use for pale girls. I'm wearing the palest shade and I'm quite sallow. But I do think I'll be forking out for it as a post-Christmas present to myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Getting this off my sister for Christmas :D

Soap-Glory-THE-YULE-MONTY.jpg

Half price in Boots (loads left in Dundrum when I was there earlier), and we got an extra 10% off.

I've been looking for a more affordable, more matte dupe of Benefits Coralista and I'm delighted with my new buy! Bourjois cream blush 02 healthy glow. It's gorgeous and tiny, so handy to throw into my handbag! Only a tenner!

Also bought Soap and Glory wish upon a jar and Olay 7 effects day moisturiser. Never tried either before so fingers crossed!

If there's any fans of the Soap and Glory standard pink smell (righteous butter etc), Next have a perfume that's identical and really cheap called Diamonds! I got a tiny handbag sized bottle of Just Pink, never know Next did nice little perfumes I'm really impressed!

Also got the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge as a total impulse buy, looking forward to trying it out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Boots Seventeen is not fragrance free anymore, the only cosmetics and skincare that are is No.7 and that is a bit pricey. Had to buy natural collection.and to be honest its not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

This isn't a new purchase but a discovery....put comfort into my hair as a condition...omg....my hair feels sooooo soft and light and smells so good! l never would of thought of it til l read the life magazine, gonna straighten my hair later can wait to see the results! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

DSCN1760.JPG
    Bought Benefit's Fake Up off of ASOS with todays 25% off code. A Christmas present to me from me :o
    Also picked up a Tweezerman from ASOS aswell for my mother. Hopefully she won't think this is a ridiculous present, picked it up as she is always complaining about the poor quality of tweezers.
    Tweezerman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I just ordered NARS orgasm blush from ASOS, 25% off, so I picked up a few gifts
    too.
    My boyfriends getting me naked 3 for my birthday next week too, very excited.

This isn't a new purchase but a discovery....put comfort into my hair as a condition...omg....my hair feels sooooo soft and light and smells so good! l never would of thought of it til l read the life magazine, gonna straighten my hair later can wait to see the results! :D

Fabric softner?? Ha that's deadly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Fabric softner?? Ha that's deadly!!

I know! l was scared it might dry out my hair but it feels so soft...will defo be using it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Might cause allergic reactions though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

My hairdresser told me that all the hairdressers where she works in peter marks use horse shampoo! It can be bought in boots. She told me the Pantene I'm using is basically paint stripper!

Advertisement