Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

KGLady wrote: »
    Huh, looks identical to my Blank Canvas Cosmetics neutral palette.

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/28-neutral-eyeshadow-palette.html

They have an 88 too but I don't have it so wouldn't recognise if its the same product

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/88-matte-palette.html

Wonder if its the same supplier for both. If so it might be cheaper on P&P as BCC is irish :)

BH Cosmetics, Sleek and Costal Scents all do a palette identical to that also. The exact same colours and everything. They even have the brushes by the mirror. I'd be very surprised if there was any difference between them.

I have the 120 colour version of the BH Cosmetics one myself. The shadows are quite good when used with a primer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Just bought benefits browzings in dark and black bad gal liner. I'm not terribly impressed with the brow zings but i'm having a benefit eye makeup tutorial tomorrow so it may change my mind once its on properly. With regards to the liner I absolutely love it! it lasts all night! an absolute b*tch to wash off so it definetly does what its supposed to. As with all benefits products they were very expensive for what they are but benefit have never let me down yet

benefit-brow-kit-en.jpg

BadGalEyeliner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'd love a review of browzings after your tutorial, if you wouldn't mind? I've been dithering over whether or not to buy it after next pay-day!

jokettle wrote: »
    I'd love a review of browzings after your tutorial, if you wouldn't mind? I've been dithering over whether or not to buy it after next pay-day!

Hi! I love it after my tutorial! The only fault I have is the powder is quite reddish brown and I'm using the darkest color, the wax is fantastic though it makes filling in your eyebrows a lot easier with more precision. I've been practising all day and I find applying it with my own brow brushes is easier.

I also bought benefits magic ink liner brush in black, it's lasted all day since 11am so pretty impressed with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Can't believe I just bought this, I've always wanted to try several Origins products and have heard such good things about them but I could never justify spending that much, until I saw this:

232342337?$prod_main$

It was just too much of a bargain to leave :o

And I was supposed to be saving not spending... ah well, could be worse :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

How much was that Origins set, if you don't mind me asking? I love Origins!

€55 from debenhams :) (I had a €10 voucher though on top of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

WaterLily. wrote: »
    €55 from debenhams :) (I had a €10 voucher though on top of it)

That's good! That Drink Up Intensive is one of my favourite skin care products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey girls,
    Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but,
    Has anyone seen anywhere with the benefit countdown to love calender.
    I need it !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You could try the new Benefit Boutique on Sth William St. Maybe call ahead and see if they have it/can hold one? I would love one myself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

javagal wrote: »
    Hey girls,
    Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but,
    Has anyone seen anywhere with the benefit countdown to love calender.
    I need it !

https://www.facebook.com/BenefitCosmeticsUK?fref=ts

Look at their most recent post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've been using the light brow zings for years now and adore it. You might have a point about it being reddish SingItOut, I'm a redhead and the shade suits me perfectly.

SarahBeep! wrote: »

I actually ordered it in on rose's beauty store, they import things from sephora, ordering the lorac pro pallete and some kat von d concealer the over day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Wow, some of the responses to that post are hilariously over the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Has anyone used the Blank Canvas Cosmetics Contour Palette?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

ViveLaVie wrote: »

Yeah I have. It's OK. Not the best powders in the world to be honest. If you want it just for contour it's grand but I wouldn't use it as your all over face powder. Mainly because it doesn't control oil very well and there's bad flashback with flash photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Aye for contouring and highlighting, which I find it great for especially to mix shades depending on what I need, ie daylight or full on night time face. I don't use it for setting my make up. For contouring its great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

has anyone used origins nightamins? Have been looking at the beauty skin care sets on Debenhams and they are amazing! Am trying to decide what to get. I do need a night cream so I am drawn to the origins one with the nightamins 50ml but havent used it myself so wondering is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 purpleturtle21

I really like this palette. The bronzers CAN be slightly muddy, so I light hand is required. But the highlight colours and the darker blush are all fantastic!! Well worth the twelve euro, and you get lots of product :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

http://media.harveynichols.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/450x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/7/473743_1_v1.jpg

Treated myself to Benefit's Little Love Potions last weekend! Loving Pore Professional, never tried it before, but there are so many highlighters I dont know what to use when and where! Delighted tho, as all are tiny but perfect for travelling!

• Advertisement

has anyone used origins nightamins? Have been looking at the beauty skin care sets on Debenhams and they are amazing! Am trying to decide what to get. I do need a night cream so I am drawn to the origins one with the nightamins 50ml but havent used it myself so wondering is it any good?

I just got the set with the nightamins moisturiser a couple of days ago and I really like it so far. I've only been using it for a few days so I'm probably not in a position to say it's brilliant or life changing but my first impressions have so far been really good :) I have combination skin which is a little oily in places and the rest of my skin would be normal/ sometimes dehydrated, so I'd say it would be good for normal/combination/dry skin as it is quite thick. Possibly people with more oily skin should go for something lighter.

Hope that helps!

Oh also the ginzing moisturiser and the drink up intensive mask are brilliant as well, I've been absolutely loving both of them as well! And I haven't tried the eye cream yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Waiting on my arrival of real techniques brushes from iherb, incredible prices so I went mad all together! I got the core collection, the eye brush set, blush brush, stippling brush, expert face brush and the sponge... very excited to receive them!
    RTE-01403-1.jpg
    RTE-01406-1.jpg
    real-techniques-miracle-complexion-sponge-1372947603-300x210.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

SingItOut wrote: »
    Hi! I love it after my tutorial! The only fault I have is the powder is quite reddish brown and I'm using the darkest color, the wax is fantastic though it makes filling in your eyebrows a lot easier with more precision. I've been practising all day and I find applying it with my own brow brushes is easier.

I also bought benefits magic ink liner brush in black, it's lasted all day since 11am so pretty impressed with it :)

I really don't rate brow zings at all.there is an obvious red tinge off the powder that for me makes it completely unwearable. If your going to invest in eyebrow products go with smash box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

panda100 wrote: »
    I really don't rate brow zings at all.there is an obvious red tinge off the powder that for me makes it completely unwearable. If your going to invest in eyebrow products go with smash box.

Another great eyebrow pencil with no red in it is from Shu Uemura, the pencil is really, really long and I've hardly made a dent in it after a full year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Inglot matte eyeshadows are great for brows. I picked up ones which were listed as dupes for MAC Omega and Charcoal Brown. The "Omega" one was a bit too red for my brows but the "Charcoal Brown" one is perfect as long as I use a light hand (I've dark brown hair).

panda100 wrote: »

I love smashbox but the Retailor I purchase it from said that smashbox are no longer selling independently in Ireland, is this true or was the Retailor mistaken? It would be a shame if it's true

I have the mua brow kit and prefer it to the brow zings too but I only use the dark brown colour but for 3.50 you can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Picked up Benefit's Primping with the Stars kit from Skyshopping on a flight recently for €26. I use They're Real already and love it but I'm holding off on using the rest until a special occasion!
    (Not my pic)

Benefit+Cosmetics+039.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

SingItOut wrote: »
    I love smashbox but the Retailor I purchase it from said that smashbox are no longer selling independently in Ireland, is this true or was the Retailor mistaken? It would be a shame if it's true

The larger Boots do a Smashbox concession, and I have seen them in a couple of pharmacy chains also. They did pull out of Ireland some time last year but are back again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The larger Boots do a Smashbox concession, and I have seen them in a couple of pharmacy chains also. They did pull out of Ireland some time last year but are back again!

They are definitely still in arnotts in Dublin and in boots in cork city.

Advertisement