Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

oh god I did bad things lots of very bad things last week and went on a total binge :o im normall quite well behaved but thanks to ebay and christmas sets I lost the run of myself.

Bought Elemis pro collagen night cream for €30 delivered on ebay which was a major bargain! I already have the day cream (also an ebay bargain) and needed a night cream. The only problem is finding another bargain pot when mine runs out.

I bought this from the Debenhams site I love Nip and Fab and wanted to try these products so the set was amazing value for what you get in it especially compared to the prices for buying single products

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_157127920799_-1

bought myself a tube of this off ebay as well it was a random TK max purchase and I loved it so had to re purchase

http://www.amazon.com/Dermaglow-Nuvectin-Wrinkle-Concentrate-Un-boxed/dp/B00B4EP3YY

Also when in boots in the UK bought myself some indeed labs products as I heard they are amazing and my skin is dry and showing lines as a result from being outside in the wind and rain and then inside in air con all the time not to mention flying. Picked up hydraluron and retinol reface for £25 and £20 am hoping they live up to the hype

Also got this mascara in superdrug which is brilliant and was dirt cheap!

http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/extreme-curl-mascara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Aww, I'm so jealous Dark Phoenix!! Nice haul of goodies.

Treated myself to Soap and Glory's The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser. SO good at getting off make-up and it has a really nice lavender smell. I've been using it every night this week to see if it'll get rid of the bumpy pores...so far so good!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Went to buy that origins set that was posted but it was sold out :( Found another even better value one but debenhams site was dodgy so couldn't get to checkout and it was sold out once the site was up and running again. Bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Bought a beauty blender. Really do love it so far.

Also got Kat Von D foundation, and foundation powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

Bought Mac Skinfinish in Lightscapade and vino lip liner :) LOVE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

RosyLily wrote: »
    Aww, I'm so jealous Dark Phoenix!! Nice haul of goodies.

yes it was quite a haul :) I felt I had been neglecting my skin a bit lately which when I am inside in air con and out in the wind is a bad idea. I am also totally inconsistent about using things so can never tell if they really work.
    So I bought products that had consistent good reviews and I am going to make myself use them consistently for a month and see how that goes (am convinced my skin looks better and less dry already (that hydraluron stuff feels fabulous going on!) and then I can just repurchase what works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

yes it was quite a haul :) I felt I had been neglecting my skin a bit lately which when I am inside in air con and out in the wind is a bad idea. I am also totally inconsistent about using things so can never tell if they really work.
    So I bought products that had consistent good reviews and I am going to make myself use them consistently for a month and see how that goes (am convinced my skin looks better and less dry already (that hydraluron stuff feels fabulous going on!) and then I can just repurchase what works for me.

The hydraluron worked for me in three days, its awesome! Only thing I will say is maybe try each new cream at a different time, obviously with the hydraluron you need to use your moisturiser but if you can introduce others separately you'll know specifically which one is doing the job. But I don't practice what I preach I don't have the patience but I always wish I did cause I end up not knowing which product to repurchase cause I can't pinpoint which one it was doing the job! I recently got the nip and Fab scrub and I swear I have to actively stop myself touching my smooth face afterwards! You're gonna have lovely skin!

I'm currently waiting on an order from illamasqua, got the Hydra veil which I'm curious to try. And the skin base lift Concealer. Also waiting on skin 79 gold BB cream. Went on a pick me up spree!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I had seriously considered buying Guerlain Meteorites and I tried to justify paying over 50 euros for it, until I went on eBay to buy my Skin79 BB Cream and I saw this:

$(KGrHqF,!lMFG7gyrHKYBRz-LujZYw~~60_12.JPG
    Needless to say, I bought it straight away! It cost less than 9 euros. Can't wait to get it! I also got this:

$(KGrHqN,!qMFGmZDcB77BRz92(TSSw~~60_12.JPG

And this mascara:

$(KGrHqRHJBYFHKZ0oeO8BR0E,3wfjQ~~60_12.JPG

I also got a couple of lipglosses, all from the same seller. In total it was about 30 euros. Gotta love eBay and all the Asian cosmetics. :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Treats! Debenhams in Belfast had 10% off all make up.

MAC:

Harmony blush that I intend to try contouring with

macharmony.jpg

Peach Blossom lipstick

mac_peachblossom001.jpg

Green Luxe palette which I have been lusting after for ages

MAC-Veluxe-Pearlfusion-Shadow-GreenLuxe-1.jpg

I also got Illamasqua sealing gel :)

Oh I also got a Tangle Teaser, how did I live so long without it?!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Every time I go to Style Club they use a Tangle Teaser on my hair and I sit there in wonderment going 'I really must buy myself one of those'.

And every time, I forget. So now I'm going to pick on up after work, thanks Twee :D

It's something I'd been meaning to get for ages too! Very pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I also got a couple of lipglosses, all from the same seller. In total it was about 30 euros. Gotta love eBay and all the Asian cosmetics. :p

That Skin79 BB cream changed my life! After a couple of weeks using it daily my skin became so clear, pores barely visible and acne scars reduced. Only thing I dislike is that it looks slightly grey on your skin for the first 20 mins!

I recently bought British Beauty Bloggers Beauty Box and I'm working my way through the different items. Faves so far are the REN masks and the Urban Decay shadow in Zodiac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I placed a late night order for Nars Doucer, a 2 pack of Beauty Blenders (never tried before, so looking forward to this), and Dim Light Ambient Lighting Powder from Hourglass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

So jealous I missed out on that Scraggs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

suomi wrote: »
    I had seriously considered buying Guerlain Meteorites and I tried to justify paying over 50 euros for it, until I went on eBay to buy my Skin79 BB Cream and I saw this:

$(KGrHqF,!lMFG7gyrHKYBRz-LujZYw~~60_12.JPG
    Needless to say, I bought it straight away! It cost less than 9 euros. Can't wait to get it! I also got this:

$(KGrHqN,!qMFGmZDcB77BRz92(TSSw~~60_12.JPG

And this mascara:

$(KGrHqRHJBYFHKZ0oeO8BR0E,3wfjQ~~60_12.JPG

Any review on the bb cream and coloured pearls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

You'll love the Skin79 pink and the gold is also amazing and a little cooler in tone!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Twee. wrote: »
    Oh I also got a Tangle Teaser, how did I live so long without it?!

My hairdresser recommended I buy one of these about 3-4 years ago. Best 10E ever spent!
    I bring it with me to my new salon (moved country) and get them to use it. They're amazed by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I can't live without mine. No more broken hairs and gritting my teeth through the knots! I still have flashbacks to my mother pulling the hair off me, trying to get it into a plait before school *shudders*

lindtee wrote: »
    Went to buy that origins set that was posted but it was sold out :( Found another even better value one but debenhams site was dodgy so couldn't get to checkout and it was sold out once the site was up and running again. Bah.

Arnotts have 10% off the Origins sets for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Twee. wrote: »
    Arnotts have 10% off the Origins sets for a few days.

Darn, why didn't I look at this before I left town!! :(

Pang wrote: »
    Darn, why didn't I look at this before I left town!! :(

You want to look away now :p

I had a scout around the shop and it seems all Xmas sets are 10% off including Bobbi Brown, Benefit and all fragrances gift sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

Recently bought the Benefit hello flawless powder. I LOVE it, I use it to add colour to my foundation and it gives a gorgeous finish to my make up. The lady on the Benefit counter told me it can be used without foundation also but I haven't tried this yet. Would definitley recommend this product!!

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/hello-flawless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

blush-nars-orgasm_300.jpg
    Was on the look out for a blusher and got this from ASOS with 20% off (student discount from UNIDAYS). It's the colour Orgasm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Went to the airport staff christmas market today with my mam and picked up a few bits.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpKt2x_XD9g9IXhLw_Jg8Zek6zCjlczYRZVlw5Uvu7dvy_6Wml
    Got this set for about 25 euro.I wasnt sure about it since I'm wee pasty creature and most foundations looks too dark on me but it works really well and I'm delighted with it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6-O44sJa1z4GfPS9u3y2TVz_BCQcyvqyJQ22gM1efYv0c_B9mIw
    Im always in need of a new mascara and got this for 15 euro.Its a good one,not exceptional but I do like it.It seperates the lashes well and is nice and thick but it just dosent wow me.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqSKuMxIXkIRu4avvdlMPL0MI9TaSv0VzenqlDHqtFgCxbeuQ
    Got the dimensional blue and smokey mauve from MAC for 7.50 each.
    The purple is lovely and flattering and easily wearable,the blue is a bit harder to figure out but I love the colour so I'll sort out something.Both are really strongly pigmented

$T2eC16d,!)UE9s3wDc+nBRQhU-)ZiQ~~60_35.JPG
    I really useless with perfumes but this was only 18 euro for 75 mls.Its quite a light scent and last well so win win.

armani-code-man-collection-.jpg
    Got this aswell for himself as part of his christmas present for 50.Hopefully he likes but I'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I'm on a serious budget at the moment so I'm absolutely thrilled with my new finds!

I got the Catrice Prime and Fine highlighting power in place of my Benefit Highbeam and I much much prefer it!! Only a fiver!!

Catrice Ultimate Colour in Hey Nude, gorgeous matt nude colour, so nice! Couple of quid, like 3 or something!

Loreal Telescopic in place of my They're Real and I can't believe I actually much prefer this too!!

I also got the Catrice photo finish to try and replace my Holy Grail Double Wear, I've never been too pleased with any other foundation so I'm not expecting much but it'd be great if I could wear it on my less important days to save on my Double Wear!

If anyone could recommend a cheaper dupe of Benefits Coralista, I'd be eternally grateful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

CarMe wrote: »
    If anyone could recommend a cheaper dupe of Benefits Coralista, I'd be eternally grateful!

There is a pretty cool site here for finding dupes http://www.temptalia.com/makeup-dupe-list

It tells you how close they are percentage wise and describes the differences.

Just put Coralista into the shade search tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I got a Tangle Teezer after seeing it mentioned here and I am totally in love with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Oh lord just went a bit crazy online shopping for skincare products!
    Bought the hydraluron moisture booster and peptabright! Also bought hydraphase intense uv light along with the hyrdrean light and anthelios face 50 extreme fluid! Also bought some blistex to bring my order up for triple points with boots!! Oh and I also got the clarins exfoliating toner and real techniques miracle complexion sponge!!
    In my defense I saved about €40 with the deals available!

By the way anyone who is interested in the clarins toner.... It's on sale on the Sam mccauleys website for about €26 until midnight!

I'm now currently looking up websites that sell real techniques brushes.... Someone please take my credit card away!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

augusta24 wrote: »
    Oh lord just went a bit crazy online shopping for skincare products!
    Bought the hydraluron moisture booster and peptabright! Also bought hydraphase intense uv light along with the hyrdrean light and anthelios face 50 extreme fluid! Also bought some blistex to bring my order up for triple points with boots!! Oh and I also got the clarins exfoliating toner and real techniques miracle complexion sponge!!
    In my defense I saved about €40 with the deals available!

By the way anyone who is interested in the clarins toner.... It's on sale on the Sam mccauleys website for about €26 until midnight!

I'm now currently looking up websites that sell real techniques brushes.... Someone please take my credit card away!!!

http://m.iherb.com/Real-Techniques-by-Samantha-Chapman
    Check our iherb for real tech brushes..fantastic website!

Advertisement