Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

deise_girl wrote: »
    Really didn't need to buy these but im almost finished exams so I deserve a treat? (Thats my reasoning anyway haha)

Yup you totally deserved a treat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

There was 33% off on Smashbox in Lloyd's Pharmacy, Cork so I picked up a quad eye shadow palette. Most of their stuff is gone but still a few things left.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I picked up one if the wet N wild stain balms today and I absolutely love it! It makes my lips feel very soft and moisturised and it has great staying power and, as a smoker I put it through it paces! Only 3.99, I will definitely be going back to Dunnes to get more colours.
    The display was almost empty, I was so disappointed especially seeing as I had looked for it in Stephens green 3 times since I heard it was available there. Never thought to look in the supermarket part until today and barely anything left :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

lukesmom wrote: »
    Your brows are class!!!!!!!!

Aw thanks :D they're normally completely mismatched because I'm useless at drawing them on, delighted with the stencils!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

PennyWren wrote: »
    I picked up one if the wet N wild stain balms today and I absolutely love it! It makes my lips feel very soft and moisturised and it has great staying power and, as a smoker I put it through it paces! Only 3.99, I will definitely be going back to Dunnes to get more colours.
    The display was almost empty, I was so disappointed especially seeing as I had looked for it in Stephens green 3 times since I heard it was available there. Never thought to look in the supermarket part until today and barely anything left :(

Try Henry st - they've everything fully stocked as far as I could see. It's on the ground floor near the till, not upstairs with other cosmetics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am in the US right now and I think it is safe to say that there is no make up left in the state of Oregon because I have bought it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Novella wrote: »
    I am in the US right now and I think it is safe to say that there is no make up left in the state of Oregon because I have bought it all.

Sooo jealous!

I think I'll buy L'Oreal's Nude Magique Eau de Teint later. I'd love a lighter daytime alternative to my ELDW and beauty bloggers have been singing its praises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

kandr10 wrote: »
    Try Henry st - they've everything fully stocked as far as I could see. It's on the ground floor near the till, not upstairs with other cosmetics.

Both upstairs and downstairs, in fact

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Sooo jealous!

I think I'll buy L'Oreal's Nude Magique Eau de Teint later. I'd love a lighter daytime alternative to my ELDW and beauty bloggers have been singing its praises.

That is actually one of the things I've bought! I haven't tried it yet though. I was thinking of picking up ELDW. Do you love it?

That is actually one of the things I've bought! I haven't tried it yet though. I was thinking of picking up ELDW. Do you love it?

Snap! I'm dying to use mine even though I know I'll need a tonne of concealer with it.

ELDW is not quite amazing but I'm happy enough with it. Medium coverage and very long lasting. I do need to retouch with powder during the day but my skin is very very oily anyway. The finish is quite matte though so it's not your man for any luminosity but it does what it says on the tin!

• Advertisement

Snap! I'm dying to use mine even though I know I'll need a tonne of concealer with it.

ELDW is not quite amazing but I'm happy enough with it. Medium coverage and very long lasting. I do need to retouch with powder during the day but my skin is very very oily anyway. The finish is quite matte though so it's not your man for any luminosity but it does what it says on the tin!

I have pretty oily skin too! I'm actually looking for a matte foundation. I'll see if they'll give me a sample!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

I'll see if they'll give me a sample!

Cheeky :P

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Cheeky :P

I got quite a few samples when I was at Sephora last week! I did spend about $200 but still. Got involved in a conversation with the lady working there and she gave me a sample of Urban Decay Naked Skin, a Make Up Forever foundation and NARS Sheer Glow. I was originally gonna buy the Make Up Forever but she was just as crazy about foundation as I am and wanted to make sure I chose the right one. :)

I have pretty oily skin too! I'm actually looking for a matte foundation. I'll see if they'll give me a sample!

ELDW is probably great for you then. EL are pretty good for giving out samples too.

I'm wearing the Nude Magique today and so far, so good! The shade is lovely, the coverage is surprisingly good (except under my eyes) and the texture is just lovely. It just remains to be seen if it lasts the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

What does ELDW stand for? I've oily skin and I need new foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Pembily wrote: »

Estée Lauder Double Wear

mauzo! wrote: »
    Estée Lauder Double Wear
    Thanks. Poor Google had no idea

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

ELDW is probably great for you then. EL are pretty good for giving out samples too.

+1.. I lived on samples for a few months from EL before I bit the bullet and bought a bottle.. never looked back :D they never refuse you samples from what I can see :pac:

Pembily wrote: »

Sorry I shouldn't have abbreviated it :o

It's worth getting a sample though. Some people love Lancome's Teint Idole 24h Ultra; it made me break out but it does last all day so it could suit you :)

Sorry I shouldn't have abbreviated it :o

It's worth getting a sample though. Some people love Lancome's Teint Idole 24h Ultra; it made me break out but it does last all day so it could suit you :)
    I have the Lancôme one, it's my night one and I really like it. I use Clinique spot one daily to work and that is running out. I might change to a BB cream. Gonna get samples, thanks for the tips!

• Advertisement

I didn't bring my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo with me on my trip to the US so I haven't used it in over two weeks now and my skin is not happy. I have three spots right now whereas I generally have clear skin. Missing it so much and LRP is hard to find it here and more expensive. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I didn't bring my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo with me on my trip to the US so I haven't used it in over two weeks now and my skin is not happy. I have three spots right now whereas I generally have clear skin. Missing it so much and LRP is hard to find it here and more expensive. :(

I was the exact same! I'd normally use it every morning but by the end of last year I stopped bothering with it and my skin went terrible. I thought it was just down to diet, hormones and stress or whatever but then I got back into using it properly again and my skin has cleared up no end.

It's definitely a fantastic product!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Illamasqua-Blush-Lover-Tremble-Katie-1.jpg

Just got Illamasqua's 'Lover' blush in their sale for £6.75! (€8.20!) From reviews and pictures it seems to be a lovely apricot colour, perfect for summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Pink Raspberry from Bobbi Brown. Fabulous especially when worn with Razzberry lipstick.

ODY0NTc5NTQw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster!

About a million and one years after everyone else I finally caved and ordered the first Naked palette!

Also picked up Illamasqua facade lipgloss, both of them for the pretty price of €46 on debenhams! Fabulous! Can't wait to get my hands on them!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdGa3azeChPFs7H37P1CVwcKc3PzDCx9Yzr_BvrZWo99WkfoGJBQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Was in Stephens green looking for wet'n'wild but couldn't find it. Did they run out or are they just hiding it?

Was in Stephens green looking for wet'n'wild but couldn't find it. Did they run out or are they just hiding it?

They have it down stairs in the grocery dept, not up by the fitting rooms with all the other cosmetics! Sneaky, took me a few trips to find it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

PennyWren wrote: »
    They have it down stairs in the grocery dept, not up by the fitting rooms with all the other cosmetics! Sneaky, took me a few trips to find it!

Why would they do that? The mind boggles :confused:

Why would they do that? The mind boggles :confused:

I am pretty convinced they did it to make me feel like a complete eejit.

• Advertisement

I bought Soap & Glory's For Daily Youth 365 in Boots yesterday, €15.99.

http://www.soapandglory.com/skincare/everyday-skincare/skincreams-moisturisers/for-daily-youthtm

It leaves my skin nicely hydrated and even a bit glowy, which is great. It's a lovely base for make-up because it's quite softening. It might not suit very oily skins but I'm quite oily and I love it. And it smells like peach yoghurt :)

My first S&G buy, and my first anti-ageing product. Double whammy :o

Advertisement