Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Honey-ec wrote: »
    This is the one I mean - formula sounds the same as what you're describing, though.

764158_l.jpg

Yep, same thing just with a less French name haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I know, the anticipation kills me!! Yeah I'll pm you there now. I usually use beautyemporium.ie or cloud10beauty.com for makeup, I find both sites excellent. Super quick delivery (as in two days) and low shipping costs.

I love the contour kit myself, this is my second one. I don't think it's drying, I have combination skin myself but I never even noticed as much as a hint of dryness from it. The highlighter is particularly good imo, it doesn't look powdery on the skin and gives a glowy sheen.

Thanks for the pm! I get the nyx stuff from cherry culture and last week they had twenty percent off as well, not sure if it still is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Made out like a bandit for my birthday yesterday.

Mac studio sculpt:
    MAN7.jpg

Mac Mineralize Natural in Light

MAC-MSF-Natural-1021.jpg

Mac Mineralize in Adored
    MAC-Mineralize-Skin-Finish-Adored-Tropical-Taboo-Collection-Summer-4-2013.png

Mac Ruby Woo
    M300.jpg

Mac Pro Longwear Blush Stay Pretty
    $T2eC16dHJG8E9nyfpmrQBR%28lUtiBPQ~~60_35.JPG

Mac Gel Liner Blacktrack
    MAC-Fluidline1.jpg

Mac 187 brush
    mac187brush.jpg

Urban Decay Smoked Palette
    Urban-Decay-Smoked-Palette.jpg

And Mac Studio Fix powder foundation NW10
    mac_studio_fix_powder_nc15.jpg

So excited to use all of it especially the smoked palette. I will most likely be wearing going out makeup while cleaning the bathroom today

Happy birthday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Am very very jealous paulers06 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Bought this in Boots today. It's Bourjois' Plum Russian.

I saw Jessica Alba wearing a similar colour recently and thought it would be fab for wearing out during the winter.

bourjois+colour+boost+crayon+plum.jpg

anniehoo wrote: »
    Am very very jealous paulers06 :pac:

Aside of the Studio Fix Powder Foundation, i would repurchase it all. Loving the gel liner, much better than the inglot one i was using (which i thought was pretty good). Love the MSF in adored too, pity it's limited edition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Veet Easy Grip Wax Strips are the biggest waste of time :(

sup_dude wrote: »

I swear by these, my own personal crack, every time I'm in boots I buy a box! Are you warming them up enough first? And then pulling them off in a swift upwards motion making sure you're not pulling away from the skin. Once you master the art its sooo worth it, I used to pay for waxes every few weeks but now I use these and I get a better result cause I literally make sure I get every single hair. I'm starting to sound like one of those testimonials now but I genuinely have very little hair now because I constantly use these.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 blondie990

Tasden wrote: »
    I swear by these, my own personal crack, every time I'm in boots I buy a box! Are you warming them up enough first? And then pulling them off in a swift upwards motion making sure you're not pulling away from the skin. Once you master the art its sooo worth it, I used to pay for waxes every few weeks but now I use these and I get a better result cause I literally make sure I get every single hair. I'm starting to sound like one of those testimonials now but I genuinely have very little hair now because I constantly use these.

:pac:

Did you do that on purpose? lol

• Advertisement

blondie990 wrote: »
    :pac:

Did you do that on purpose? lol

Noticed it as I went to post but it amused me so I went with it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

The hair has to be quite long. I have naturally dark thick hair so I love them on my lower legs. They're the only thing which stops me getting second day stubble during the summer :o

Tasden wrote: »

Really? I rubbed them between my hands for quite a while but my legs are now all patchy, with most of my hair still there.

bscm wrote: »
    The hair has to be quite long. I have naturally dark thick hair so I love them on my lower legs. They're the only thing which stops me getting second day stubble during the summer :o

It had a weeks growth and I've thick dark hair also. I'm guessing I've done something wrong but I can't really figure out what :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

It had a weeks growth and I've thick dark hair also. I'm guessing I've done something wrong but I can't really figure out what :o

One week isn't going to cut it I'm afraid... I normally let it grow for as long as I can stand

bscm wrote: »
    One week isn't going to cut it I'm afraid... I normally let it grow for as long as I can stand

4 to 5 days has my hair as long as it's gonna be. When I shave in the morning, I'd have stubble by the evening and have to shave again the next day. One of the joys of fast growing hair :o

The new ones should be good for even short hair. Wash your legs first with just warm water, no soap or anything, dry them and try again. Might be oil or something affecting the wax. Also exfoliate with a body brush for the days your growing it out! I have such little hair left that sometimes they can't grip what's there because its too fine but they should be able for thick hair, mine used to be quite coarse.

Maybe try rubbing the strip down more? I really want them to work for you cause I love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I haven't gotten so many things in the last month between the beauty show, some gifts and vouchers I was given. I don't know do people want to see what I got but I said I'd ask first before I spam the thread with 10 pictures!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

nursemar88 wrote: »
    I haven't gotten so many things in the last month between the beauty show, some gifts and vouchers I was given. I don't know do people want to see what I got but I said I'd ask first before I spam the thread with 10 pictures!!

I definitely wanna see! :)

Novella wrote: »
    I definitely wanna see! :)
    It's actually 12 photos...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

nursemar88 wrote: »
    It's actually 12 photos...:o

Oh please do. Be a bad influence and make me wanna buy things!

Ok since ye asked!

My sister in law got me these two palettes from the states. Marc Jacobs Style Eye-con The Vamp palette and Kat Von D Sinner Palette

Z7i4EEf.jpg

Nr5szcE.jpg

My other sister in law got me two bottles of Bioderma from Belgium

WwMKffH.jpg

Next stuff I got from the Pro Beauty Show. A bunch of Shellac polishes, loads of Stargazer bits, Cnema Secrets brush cleaner, crown brushes, nail glitters,A Makeup Atelier palette, LA Splash glitter glue and some special FX bits. I had a fun day :D

wVjOqfF.jpg

99zdbFT.jpg

20TAz7h.jpg

NNdx20F.jpg

Had a voucher for Beauty Emporium so tried some Sleek blushes for the first time. I got Rose Gold, Life's a Peach, Suede and Antique. They're amazing!

fggxZAp.jpg

Finally I had another voucher as a gift for Illamasqua. So I bought loads of little bits!! Only got this in the post this morning.

kkS6Soa.jpg

HIH175S.jpg

VsnxkFV.jpg

Zpxrgxt.jpg

Phew! That's it. Please don't judge!! If anyone wants to know specific colours etc just ask :D

Thanks for sharing, very jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I am so jealous right now! Fab haul!

Well jell!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Omg, I so want a Marc Jacobs palette! The packaging looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

nude-palette-l-01.jpg

Was buying this Zoeva nude palette (18.95) when I spotted a deal to buy this 88 palette (18.95) as well for €32 :)

testbericht-lxxqryo511c01339147952.jpg

Couldn't resist! Sorry I couldn't find a better photo for the coloured palette!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

tomissex wrote: »

Was buying this Zoeva nude palette (18.95) when I spotted a deal to buy this 88 palette (18.95) as well for €32 :)

Huh, looks identical to my Blank Canvas Cosmetics neutral palette.

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/28-neutral-eyeshadow-palette.html

They have an 88 too but I don't have it so wouldn't recognise if its the same product

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/88-matte-palette.html

Wonder if its the same supplier for both. If so it might be cheaper on P&P as BCC is irish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

KGLady wrote: »
    Huh, looks identical to my Blank Canvas Cosmetics neutral palette.

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/28-neutral-eyeshadow-palette.html

They have an 88 too but I don't have it so wouldn't recognise if its the same product

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/88-matte-palette.html

Wonder if its the same supplier for both. If so it might be cheaper on P&P as BCC is irish :)

Ha yeah I think they're identical! About €5 cheaper with BCC but ah well! You have now drawn my attention to their contour palettes... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 blondie990

so jealous of your haul nursemar! bioderma is the BUSINESS! it's such a pity we can't get it in Ireland. I'm holding out hope that boots will start selling it through the irish website soon

Advertisement