Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I got this guy for free (sweetener from Glossybox) recently and I absolutely love him!

It lasts, it lenghtens but it doesn't clump up!

DSCN2371.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Love the Gosh mascara! The serum is great for eyebrows too. It helped fill a small gap in my eyebrows very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

15rfjon.png
    I bought Soap & Glory's Fab Pore, For Daily Youth & No Clogs allowed in Boots yesterday. For all three I only paid 15 euro compared to about 45 euro if you were to buy the three products (they were half price due to new packaging and also took advantage for the 3 for 2 offer) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I was travelling a bit last week so I simply had to buy a few things ;)

In the airport I finally bought some Smashbox Light Photofinish Primer (26e), I've been hankering for another one since my last one ran out like two years ago.

Then I treated myself to some Bobbi Brown lipstick in Ruby as I'd never bought her stuff before. It's gorgeous on and a really flattering shade. Unfortunately the bullet broke the day after so I need to get on to Youtube to figure out how to salvage it..

http://www.freewebs.com/makeuup/photos/Cosmetic/Picture%20029.jpg

In Kiko I bought a cheaper deep red lipstick to replace the Bobbi Brown, and because I'm obsessed with burgundy colours. I also got a red lipliner and a pine green nail polish, all for the sum total of 14e :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I was travelling a bit last week so I simply had to buy a few things ;)

In the airport I finally bought some Smashbox Light Photofinish Primer (26e), I've been hankering for another one since my last one ran out like two years ago.

Then I treated myself to some Bobbi Brown lipstick in Ruby as I'd never bought her stuff before. It's gorgeous on and a really flattering shade. Unfortunately the bullet broke the day after so I need to get on to Youtube to figure out how to salvage it..

http://www.freewebs.com/makeuup/photos/Cosmetic/Picture%20029.jpg

In Kiko I bought a cheaper deep red lipstick to replace the Bobbi Brown, and because I'm obsessed with burgundy colours. I also got a red lipliner and a pine green nail polish, all for the sum total of 14e :)

Excellent value on the primer, I bought the regular one today, could only afford the travel size version which was still €15 and the full size was €31.50!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I always thought Bobbi Brown was a guy, you learn something new every day :)

You could try bringing it to a Bobbi Brown shop to see if they will replace it. Those big brands value their public image so much that a lot of them will replace that kind of thing without question and even without producing a receipt.

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Excellent value on the primer, I bought the regular one today, could only afford the travel size version which was still €15 and the full size was €31.50!

Yeah I was delighted with it, it's not everyday you'd get it at that price. And I'm hoping it'll last a good while too.

I always thought Bobbi Brown was a guy, you learn something new every day :)

You could try bringing it to a Bobbi Brown shop to see if they will replace it. Those big brands value their public image so much that a lot of them will replace that kind of thing without question and even without producing a receipt.

I'm pretty sure she's a woman anyway :)

Could I really do that? Even though it's been used and I have no receipt? That would be fantastic. I could pop into Brown Thomas tomorrow..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got spoiled by my OH for my birthday :D

Lancome Le Base primer. Only been using it a few days and it is lovely so far. Leaves your skin so smooth.

492950986.Jpeg

Lancome Hypnose mascara. Great so far, gives great length, without clumpy volume.

lancome.jpg

Marc Jacobs Daisy Sunshine. Very pretty, day time smell.

C863D11286DB8878DB7AFC346B382A_h356_w526_m2_bblack_q99_p99_cehBPMgtW.jpg

And then tons of Lancome samples and perfume samples :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Could I really do that? Even though it's been used and I have no receipt? That would be fantastic. I could pop into Brown Thomas tomorrow..

I've heard of a couple of people who have tried that type of thing before after getting something in the airport and being unable to return it. One of the brands was MAC if I'm remembering correctly, can't remember the other one. There is nothing to lose by asking anyway so worth a shot :)

• Advertisement

I've heard of a couple of people who have tried that type of thing before after getting something in the airport and being unable to return it. One of the brands was MAC if I'm remembering correctly, can't remember the other one. There is nothing to lose by asking anyway so worth a shot :)

That would be great, definitely worth trying as it's a lovely lipstick. Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I'm pretty sure she's a woman anyway :)

Yup, she is a woman lol.

It's definitely worth a shot asking in Brown Thomas, if they won't help, Arnotts sell Bobbi products too. :)

Bobbi's stuff is really great quality, even if it is expensive, it's worth it, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Twee. wrote: »
    I got spoiled by my OH for my birthday :D

Please tell me that your boyfriend didn't pick those for you of his own accord! If he did, I am SO jealous!

Sorry for the double post but here are some bits and pieces I have been using lately.

I_128286493_50_20110707?fmt=jpg&layer=0&size=288,384&wid=288&hei=384&layer=1&src=I_128286493_50_20110707&size=288,384&qlt=65&wid=288&hei=384&op_usm=1,1,0,0

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. I looooove this stuff. It took me a while to part with the money and invest but it is worth every penny and I am so going to buy it again when it runs out. I used it on long-haul flights last month and generally my skin is really dehydrated after them but it looked great this time!

wetnwild_comfort002.jpg

Wet n Wild eye-shadow palette. I bought this in the US for only $2.99. I didn't exactly need another neutral palette but I figured since this one has green in it, it doesn't really count! I think the eye-shadows are slightly chalky but for such a cheap price, I can't complain. Good colour pay-off and doesn't crease on me even after hours of wear.

nivea-in-shower.jpg

Nivea In Shower Moisturiser. I bought this because there was so much hype about it. I don't like it and I still feel the need to moisturise when I get out of the shower. To me, it is just a gimmick and doesn't work and I wouldn't say that I have particularly dry skin. I'm sure it works for some, but it won't be on my re-purchase list.

_vyr_4288hypnose-star-mascara.jpg

Lancome Hynose Star mascara. I'm not going to lie - I bought this mascara purely for the sparkly packaging! I think it is so cute! All in all, the mascara is fine. It's not the best I've ever used and I think it gives quite a natural looking lash so I'm using it for day to day wear.

10140287?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

Hydraluron by Indeed Labs. Again a product I bought due to the hype surrounding it. It is expensive (in my opinion! I think I bought it at half price for around €20.) and I don't like the consistency when first applied as it feels quite sticky but my skin does looked plumped the next morning.

So I brought the Bobbi Brown lipstick into BTs and they told me that that particular one has been discontinued except in the airport. I won't be there anytime soon so the girl gave me an address for Estee Lauder to send the lipstick to; to be fair, she said they're usually good about these things. So we'll see.

Thanks for the advice ladies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Novella - The Wet 'n Wild palette is super pretty, but be warned! It's very fragile! If it's dropped it will shatter easily.

Novella - The Wet 'n Wild palette is super pretty, but be warned! It's very fragile! If it's dropped it will shatter easily.

Thanks for the warning! I'll be careful! I'm actually getting quite a lot of use out of it, wish I'd bought more!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Novella wrote: »
    Please tell me that your boyfriend didn't pick those for you of his own accord! If he did, I am SO jealous!

Haha just the perfume! His sister helped him with the others :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Hydraluron by Indeed Labs. Again a product I bought due to the hype surrounding it. It is expensive (in my opinion! I think I bought it at half price for around €20.) and I don't like the consistency when first applied as it feels quite sticky but my skin does looked plumped the next morning.

I'm having a big tiff with Hydraluron at the moment :( I thought it wasn't doing much, but then I stopped using it twice daily for about a week due to acne and my skin went so bad (even though I had switched it out for LRP Effaclar Duo). The price is ridiculous but I'm ashamed to say I would repurchase it because I haven't had a proper dry, flaky patch of skin since I started using it.

bscm wrote: »
    I'm having a big tiff with Hydraluron at the moment :( I thought it wasn't doing much, but then I stopped using it twice daily for about a week due to acne and my skin went so bad (even though I had switched it out for LRP Effaclar Duo). The price is ridiculous but I'm ashamed to say I would repurchase it because I haven't had a proper dry, flaky patch of skin since I started using it.

You were using it twice daily? I only use it a couple of times a week because of the price! :o I love LRP Effaclar Duo too, but I do actually find it drying. I wouldn't use the two interchangeably on my skin though. I use Hydraluron as a serum under moisturiser and I use Effaclar Duo more as a treatment if I'm having a bad skin time.

I was using Effaclar Duo all over my face for a while but I was getting dry skin on my forehead and cheeks where I never usually get dry!

If you don't get dry patches at all anymore I think I might need to up my usage of Hydraluron! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Twee. wrote: »
    Haha just the perfume! His sister helped him with the others :P

I was wondering this too! My boyfriend wouldn't have a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

*waits patiently for someone to buy & review L'Oreal Eau de Teint*

Someone?

Bueller?

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Honey-ec wrote: »
    *waits patiently for someone to buy & review L'Oreal Eau de Teint*

Someone?

Bueller?

Anyone?

I have it! I am assuming it has a different name, though. Nude Magic Liquid Powder? I like it, it's very watery and I don't use a brush with it - just my fingers. Coverage is pretty light for me and it feels like I don't have any foundation on. You have to work pretty quickly, too. I can see this emphasizing dry patches, though. Oh, and I have to be careful when I pour it out because it is so watery and there isn't a pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

You were using it twice daily? I only use it a couple of times a week because of the price! :o I love LRP Effaclar Duo too, but I do actually find it drying. I wouldn't use the two interchangeably on my skin though. I use Hydraluron as a serum under moisturiser and I use Effaclar Duo more as a treatment if I'm having a bad skin time.

I have *deep breath* dehydrated, combination to oily skin and I suffer from monthly cystic acne. I didn't think Hydraluron was doing much at all, but then I slowly started seeing my dry patches fade when I was using it at night as well as in the morning. I love my Duo, and I normally can use it all over once a day when I have hormonal breakouts or just extra oily skin, but whenever I give up the Hydraluron my skin does freak out a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I have it! I am assuming it has a different name, though. Nude Magic Liquid Powder?

This is the one I mean - formula sounds the same as what you're describing, though.

764158_l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Just repurchased Sleek Contour Kit in Light. Waiting on the delivery of some more makeup, yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Just repurchased Sleek Contour Kit in Light. Waiting on the delivery of some more makeup, yay!

I'm waiting on some nyx stuff atm- its killing me! Every morning the porch is empty is another long day of waiting!

Was looking at this for my next purchase What site did you order it from if you don't mind me asking, could you pm me the link? How do you find it to apply? Would it be cakey on dry skin?

Tasden wrote: »
    I'm waiting on some nyx stuff atm- its killing me! Every morning the porch is empty is another long day of waiting!

Was looking at this for my next purchase What site did you order it from if you don't mind me asking, could you pm me the link? How do you find it to apply? Would it be cakey on dry skin?

I know, the anticipation kills me!! Yeah I'll pm you there now. I usually use beautyemporium.ie or cloud10beauty.com for makeup, I find both sites excellent. Super quick delivery (as in two days) and low shipping costs.

I love the contour kit myself, this is my second one. I don't think it's drying, I have combination skin myself but I never even noticed as much as a hint of dryness from it. The highlighter is particularly good imo, it doesn't look powdery on the skin and gives a glowy sheen.

Tasden wrote: »

Actually where did you order the nyx stuff from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Had seen cetaphil cleanser recommended here a few times for skin that was acting up (my skin has gotten spotty from stress :( ) so I had a look in boots today and it was over €15 (and not on offer) which was a little steep. However I went onto the boots site when I came home and it is only €10.79 and 3 for 2. So I got two and a moisturising lotion for just €21.58. I got a tube of the moisturising cream (which wasn't in the 3 for 2) to bring the order over the €25 for free delivery to store. http://www.boots.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaSearchListerView?storeId=10552&langId=-1&catalogId=19051&stReq=1&searchTerm=cetaphil&newDepSearch=&x=0&y=0#container
    Cetaphil-x-3.jpg

Advertisement