Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Leader's'' Debate - TV3 - 8.00PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,185 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tarobot wrote: »
    And who are the unions telling us to vote for? Labour.

This should be setting off alarm bells in the heads of the vast majority of this country by the way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Gilmore really missed a chance to nail Martin/FF to the wall regarding the bank-guarantee; as with some from FG he doesn't seem to have bothered doing his homework on just why it was such a disastrous decision and what should have been done differently. Martin managed to slither out of it relatively unscathed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Martin came out on the day the election date was set calling for a campaign without attacks on other parties yet his done nothing since but constantly attack the other party leaders and as for tonight he's just attacking Labour policies without putting any Ideas of his own forward! A pathetic leader who doesn't even deserve to be a TD! I can't stand the way he's so smug and sneaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

So its Labour that proposed abolishing the Seanad now, is it?? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

martins a waffler, talking up health and education,both depts are a disgrace. He's an embarassment for cork

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Martin and FF have had 14 years to reform the whole political system and have done sweet fcuk all about it. Cowen got more than Obama :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Gilmore exposed as every inch the career politician with no governmental experience.

MM seems more informed, experienced and articulate.

Wouldn't vote for either party, but find it distressing that Gilmore will be involved in running the country going forward.

The Universal Health policy in particular, is ponies and unicorns.

Martin, on the other hand, has ample experience in contributing handsomely to the destruction of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Here we go......

"If I'm elected to the next Dail I will be permanently losing money for the rest of my life"

Absolutely stunningly misplaced sense of "entitlement".

That statement alone should lose him his election and his seat.

Utter rubbish - fact is if he was interested in the money he would have resigned with the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I think he was referring to the pensions available to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

That's a big assumption given his track record.

Phrasing it as "losing money" is misleading and disrespectful to people who are actually losing money.

As it is he will be "earning less money out of our pockets", and will ALSO get the payoff that Browne asked him about and that he refused point-blank to even acknowledge, let alone answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Great hit by Labour.

At the end of it all, Martin was in power for the last decade, if he wanted reform he had plenty of chances to advocate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Let him f--k off to the private sector then. Otherwise he should shut his yap about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I don't understand this obsession with making parliament cost less. It's one of the most important institutions of the government of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Yikes, Gilmore thought he had nailed that one. Martins comeback was pretty good. (This debate isn't helping matters from an international perspective at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Martin has said the word "change" about 5 or 6 times in that sentence there... does he think he's the Irish Obama?

Dreadful debate. It's pretty much like any day the have sat in the Dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

"The number days and hours they sit doesn't change anything" according to Martin.

They might as well not turn up at all then

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Martin is a snappy and fierce terrier who sets out to do as much damage to his opponent knowing he'll be defeated anyway:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

I don't understand this obsession with making parliament cost less. It's one of the most important institutions of the government of this country.

Agreed.

Tabloid witch-hunt element to it.

Close down the quangos and get rid of a the serious problem of waste in the Public Service first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Switching off. Gilmore is awful. Desperate desperate performance.

If you can't out debate a Fianna Fail'er after what they have done to this country GIVE UP you idiot.

What's the score in the Wales-Ireland game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

wyndhurst wrote: »
    Utter rubbish - fact is if he was interested in the money he would have resigned with the others.

The fact is that he completely dodged the question.

If he's not "interested in the money" then let him forego it. He helped his party ruin the country and has not earned a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wobblinbrush

God MM' very radical, isn't he? Done a lot of radical things, in his own estimation. Handing back the 90k, would be pretty radical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Man the amount of money these twits got over the years ,we've no excuse if these are in government this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Sorry Micheál, for a Punch and Judy show you need a full set of muppets! Most of ours have retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,185 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ascanbe wrote: »
    Martin, on the other hand, has ample experience in contributing handsomely to the destruction of the country.

Awesome, party politics is cool, huh? :rolleyes:

I really don't give a **** about what has gone on or what parties these people represent. MM won't be in the next government, and the dude who will has turned in a very disturbing performance. The only comfort I can take is that the scope the next government will have is severely limited.

This guy strikes me as a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    The fact is that he completely dodged the question.

If he's not "interested in the money" then let him forego it. He helped his party ruin the country and has not earned a cent.

You don't see the Labour and Fine Gael politicians foregoing it either...

• Advertisement

Advertisement