Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA (2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Agh, Steve Jones, shut up. You're really, really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Astro is seriously talented. I fear for the guy because he's rapping but, damn, he wrote that song in two hours? Unreal. He's the full package.

Hope Stacey goes tonight. The only person I really zone out for during the show. Yawn. Very yawn.

Hope Steve Jones also goes tonight. It won't happen but there's always hope. His forced banter is unbelievably cringey. "Simon? Are...you...(squints at autocue) crazy?? Beautiful. Beautiful...(wipes drool)"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

He's shocking. It's actually uncomfortable viewing at times.

No way should Stacey go. It's a tough one though, very high standard of performances.

Lakoda Rayne were probably my least favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Stereo Hoggz and Intensity in the sing off? Shocking. Neither deserve to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Stacy just annoys me. I would like her to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Biggins wrote: »
    Stacy just annoys me. I would like her to go!

She annoys me when she starts whinging and then sets Nicole off as well.
    Once she's singing and not whinging she's ok.

I find Paula and Nicole quite annoying with their feedback.Much more so than Simon and L.A and Simon used to really annoy me on the UK show.

Steve Jones is awful. And so awkwardly tall compared to almost all the contestants (and judges!) Why Simon thought he needed to export a host to the states is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

and he's not dermot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Steve Jones is awful. And so awkwardly tall compared to almost all the contestants (and judges!) Why Simon thought he needed to export a host to the states is beyond me.
    I didn't even know his name. I find him very flat and boring. No personality! Not a patch on Dermot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'm watching it now, quite enjoyed Chris! He was much better this week than last!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

He looks great for 59!!

• Advertisement

I still can't believe he's 59! It's insane!

There's something really annoying about Rachael, I think it's just because she's so young!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Was it just me or was that Gamu's version of I'm walking on sunshine from last years UK X Factor?? Or did Gamu get that version from somewhere else too?

Edit: Simon just said the lyric change was being "inventive". Not really Simon, since Gamu did it last year!

I still can't believe he's 59! It's insane!

There's something really annoying about Rachael, I think it's just because she's so young!
    Yeah she looks awkward...Simons face at the end kinda made you think he wasn't happy..

Was it just me or was that Gamu's version of I'm walking on sunshine from last years UK X Factor?? Or did Gamu get that version from somewhere else too?

Edit: Simon just said the lyric change was being "inventive". Not really Simon, since Gamu did it last year!

There was nothing inventive about the lyric change! It Was a few words!!
    jluv wrote: »
    Yeah she looks awkward...Simons face at the end kinda made you think he wasn't happy..

I honestly don't think she has a chance to win! She is a very good singer, but she's just so young! As is Drew in fairness!

There's something a bit off about Lakoda Rain's performances, it sounded like someone missed a few notes!

I like this guy Josh..

Josh is one of my favourite voices in the competition! Loved him from his first audition! His voice is so rugged and manly :p

OOOHH.. Bad song choice.. Terrible

I obviously was watching a different performance:rolleyes:

I thought he did a great job on it!! Loves Melanie too!

Eh hello!! Did anyone else notice that when Leroy was singing he brought the microphone up to his mouth a good second after his voice came on the track? We all know they mime, but at least try!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Eh hello!! Did anyone else notice that when Leroy was singing he brought the microphone up to his mouth a good second after his voice came on the track? We all know they mime, but at least try!!

Stereo Hoggz didn't mime anyway, there were plenty of bum notes in there to be heard. ;)

The competition isn't fake!' X Factor forced to respond to miming accusations after contestant is caught in blatant lip-sync gaffe
    It was a spectacular slip-up, when the time came for LeRoy Bell to take his turn in the ensemble rendition of U2's With or Without You, a million viewers heard his vocal BEFORE he started singing.
    But if you think last night's X Factor saw the equivalent of the curtain being pulled back to reveal the Wizard of X furiously twiddling decoder knobs, you'd be wrong.

Because Simon Cowell, 51 , isn't that stupid, and today representatives for his Fox show have volunteered the information that for group performances, vocals are always prerecorded.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2057813/X-Factor-forced-respond-miming-accusations-contestant-caught-blatant-lip-sync-gaffe.html#ixzz1cpcdto6X

!!!

O' dear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

That Astro kid is the only one worth remembering.

That Astro kid is the only one worth remembering.

The girl Drew has a brilliant clear voice I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Biggins wrote: »
    The girl Drew has a brilliant clear voice I feel.

Yeah, she does, but again she's a bit 'blah'. Astro is the only one writing his own material, which is half the battle if you want to be a successful artist. He's also got amazing self-confidence and energy onstage. I actually think he could be a genuinely good hip-hop artist. He's only going to get better with age too. It's refreshing to see someone like him on a show like that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

It was a spectacular slip-up, when the time came for LeRoy Bell to take his turn in the ensemble rendition of U2's With or Without You, a million viewers heard his vocal BEFORE he started singing.

So no different to every other X Factor ensemble performance then.

Yeah, she does, but again she's a bit 'blah'. Astro is the only one writing his own material, which is half the battle if you want to be a successful artist. He's also got amazing self-confidence and energy onstage. I actually think he could be a genuinely good hip-hop artist. He's only going to get better with age too. It's refreshing to see someone like him on a show like that too.

I agree about Astro, as for Drew, I suppose each to their own.
    She's young too so maybe with time...
    The important thing is that she was a good voice and she genuinely seems a decent down to Earth sort.
    For her age, fair play to her still. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I can't believe Simon shamelessly stole Gamu's version of "Walking on Sunshine" and gave himself/someone else the credit for it!!! What a sham!!! (Just catching up on Youtube :D)

God I love Josh, he's definitely my favourite. He has an incredibly sexy voice!

• Advertisement

Ok so I just flew through both episodes on Youtube there. The talent is fantastic but I didn't watch any of the acts through to the end, because the song choices are incredibly boring, which I always used to find on American Idol. Are there themes every week?? They really need some bloody upbeat songs!

I'm very disappointed that Intensity went. Out of the two in the bottom, they definitely deserved to go but they were actually really good and a lot more fun than the rest of the acts. I would have liked to have seen more for them, pity!

I don't know if I'll bother continuing to follow the US version. I hope the song choices pick up because they're making it really dull for me.

Advertisement