Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA (2011)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The people I would choose to be in my final 4 in each category would be:

Unfortunately, there's no way in hell that its going to work out that way

No Stacy or Melanie? Controversial. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

So, final 16.

Girls:
    Tiah - not the greatest but thought she might get though.
    Drew - delighted for here. Love her voice.
    Simone - :rolleyes: don't like her but knew Simon would pick her.
    Rachel - great voice for her age.
    2/4 girls I picked. Cannot see a reason why he didn't pick Melanie. Her voice is the strongest of the group. Would have loved to see her each week.

Boys:
    Brian - Yay, he's so cute and really good for his age.
    Marcus - glad for him, think he's good.
    Philip - love Rat Pack style but don't like him.
    Chris - unsure of him. Not bad but not my fave.
    2/4 that I picked. Wish Tim or Skyelor were picked. Love the country sound.

Groups:
    Lakota Rain - like their sound and harmonies.
    Brewer Boys - cuties, happy for them.
    Intensity - need work but they're good. Too many though!
    The Stereo Hoggs - meh.
    2/4 groups picked. Really surprised at 4Shore not being picked. Their harmonies are brilliant and they really seem to have it together. Would have been the 1st group I put through.

Overs:
    Josh - great voice, hope he does well.
    Leroy - love him, very happy.
    Dexter - surprised. He has an ok voice but shouldn't be there.
    Stacey - great voice.
    3/4 Overs picked. Would still liked to have seen Christa instead of Dexter

Super spoiler!
    Yay Melanie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,090 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Final 17

Girls (Simon's Group)
    Simone Battle
    Drew Ryniewicz
    Tiah Tolliver
    Rachel Crow
    Melanie Amaro

Groups (Paula's Group)
    The Brewer Boys
    Lakoda Rayne
    InTENsity
    The Stereo Hogzz

Over 30s (Nicole's Group)
    Josh Krajcik
    Dexter Haygood
    LeRoy Bell
    Stacy Francis

Boys (L.A.'s Group)
    Brian Bradley
    Phillip Lomax
    Chris Rene
    Marcus Canty

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What the hell????
    How come Simon gets 5???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah that's bullsh!t
    Simon has pulled crap like that before in the UK version and it's really unfair on the other 15 people who didn't get through.

My overall thoughts...

LA and the Boys: Delighted to see Chris, Phillip and Astro go through. I would've picked all 3 of them. And while I would've preferred to see Nick, Brennin or Tim go through, I like Marcus as well and from a competition point of view I think LA did make the right choices. All 4 of them are great contenders.

Paula and the Groups: 100% agree with Lakota Rain, Stereo Hoggz and Brewer Boys. I'm actually shocked that The Answer didn't go through - I thought they were a shoe in. While I wouldn't be a fan of InTENsity myself, I can see them having mass appeal with kids, so they could end up being very strong. Think Paula made some good choices - again 4 strong contenders.

Nicole and the Overs: My favourites in this category were actually Christa and James, and I would definitely have put them through, but having said that my music tastes probably differ from the general US public who'll be voting in this show. Josh, Dexter and Leroy are all good choices I think, but I can't see any of them winning. I actually think Tiger would've been the wisest choice for this category, because I think he could've gone furthest when it came to audience votes. I don't like Stacey - I think she'll get quite far due to sob stories, but I don't think she can win. I've just never been a fan of that type of older female solo artist, so I don't see the appeal. What I actually thought was one of the strongest categories, is actually probably the weakest.

Simon and the Girls: I've already stated I think its a sham that Simon gets an extra contender - don't think its fair on anyone. I would've preferred to see Tora, Caitlin and Jazzlyn in there rather than the 5 that went through. Simone I think will be hated and fingers crossed will go out in week 1. The other 4 are actually decent singers and will be there for awhile, but I'd be disappointed if any of them ended up winning it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

What the hell????
    How come Simon gets 5???

Because frankly,
    he can do whatever the hell he likes to make sure he gets his way!
    Same as the UK show!

No Caitlin, yet he picks both Tiah and Simone? I can understand picking one of them for the headlines, but both? Jesus!
    And as already mentioned, why the hell does
    he get to randomly bring 5 acts to the live shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

some seriously good talent left out
    some very poor decisions made for ratings possibly

amazing who got left behind in some categories

How the **** did she not make the final 4?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Have to agree with Rihanna on that one. Sometimes less is more, he was way OTT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Just watched my second episode. The people singing at the judges houses sound like their voices are seriously processed. Are they auto tuning their voices in auditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Just watched my second episode. The people singing at the judges houses sound like their voices are seriously processed. Are they auto tuning their voices in auditions?

Yeah it's all way too auto tuned.. Also I find it very hard to get into its just dragged out way too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Harpy wrote: »
    Yeah it's all way too auto tuned.. Also I find it very hard to get into its just dragged out way too much

They're singing in a garden and it sounds line its recorded in a studio. Some voices even have a bit of echo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Harpy wrote: »

They're singing in a garden and it sounds line its recorded in a studio. Some voices even have a bit of echo!

definitely Their voices don't sound live at all!

I'm loving US Xfactor now - the talent is insane! LA Reid made the absolute correct decision! Love all 4 of the boys that got through!

I'm not too sure about Dexter in Nicoles category - he'll be very hit and miss I'd say but he does have a very touching story with him being homeless and all and I feel he needs a break.

Love the rest of Nicoles group!

I'm a bit meh on the groups! Love stereo hoggz but what is the deal with the group that has like 10 members?! Just too many members FFS!

The girls - the best are Drew and Melanie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I love Drew, so glad she got through. Excited for the live shows.

great for dexter getting through and all that but he was the
    worst in his category by far
    the lad who worked insane hours was fantastic i thought

shocking choices by simon letting the two black girls through ahead
    of the mechanic and the rugby player (esp tia) predictable enough
    cant remember their names

the groups were so predicable esp letting the newly formed ones through
    ahead of such talent like forsure was a joke
    my head will be done in listening to intensity but it was so sweet letting
    the kids through :rolleyes:
    4sure must have been scratching their heads wondering what more
    they could have done and same applies to the other black group
    brewer boys would do well enough to make it on the uk version

La reids pick were pretty ok though i though
    he did lets the most talented through though i wouldnt be a fan
    of rap myself but sayign that, the kid is talented

my idea of the winner would be stacy, melanie or the 14yr old
    girl who sang the roxette song or the lad who sings sinatra like

ill say stacy for the outright win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

I must say i am enjoying watching the american version of the x factor.Very entertaining and the talent is way better than in the uk.
    Dissappointed with Paulas choices leaving 4sure out of her final 4 but delighted to see chris rene get through with leeroy and Josh also.
    Looking forward to the live shows next week.

stuck a couple of euro on stacy at 10s and philip lomax at 33s
    as i think that price is too big

melanie is favourite at 6/1...amazing really considering she didn't
    even make simons final four at first

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Kind of annoying not have anyone on here when the shows are on! I'd like a rant and praise with everyone like you have for the UK show. :(

Thought the show seemed a bit rushed overall. Don't like Steve Jones on it. Would prefer to have Dermot.
    Thought the best performances tonight were Drew, Melanie and Josh.

Acts gone:
    Overs - Dexter. Thank God, he was awful.
    Groups - Brewer Boys. Think they're sweet kids and would prefer StereoHoggs to go. Only group I really like is Lakota Rain.
    Boys - Philip Lomax. I love Rat Pack and that era but not Philip. He's really good looking but didn't sing well tonight.
    Girls - Simone and Tiah. Hated Simone. SO glad she's gone. And quick work on plugging herself. :rolleyes:
    Tiah had a good performance but didn't expect her to go though.

Philip is gone already :(

Delighted Simone is gone she shouldnt have been on the live shows at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Have the live shows started already???

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MrChavcore

Steve Jones has about as much charisma as a plank of wood.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

leahyl wrote: »
    Have the live shows started already???

Yesterday was the first live show, of course they aren't broadcast in Ireland/UK until later.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The talent on this show is off the charts. I think the winner will come from Simon's or LA's categories although I did like the girl group

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MrChavcore

ive just been reading reviews online and the americans aren't liking it. they think its too "flashy" which is funny considering they are, um, american. saying that i think the formula is far more nailed down on this side of the pond. the american version seems forced, like its trying to prove something whereas the UK one has the swagger that goes with knowing you're already successful. as i mentioned before steve jones is absolutely devoid of charisma and empathy when compared to dermot o' leary and i don't really think nicole scherzinger offers anything above a pretty face and stupid rhetoric. i'd be interested to see how the rest of the live shows pan out once everyone hits their groove.

p.s. are the US contestants all holed up in a house like in the UK version?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

The UK thought the same at first, and year after year it grew hugely. The format is for sure a step-up from American Idol, it just takes a bit more to get used to. The whole judges vs each other throws so much drama into it (much of it fake of course), it's hard not to like it. The same with the four categories, which makes things more interesting and varied. The US does not like Cowell and this uk show supplanting their American Idol but over time I think it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

God, Steve Jones is a terrible host. Some parts were painful to watch when he was talking. I think I'm just used to him being a smiley fun host on the likes of T4, but he's lost all of his charm now.
    I'm surprised Melanie is favourite actually. Drew is miles better in my opinion! Gorgeous voice.

I thought that Melanie actually duffed up when she was trying to hit the biggest notes. Drew was fantastic alright, miles a head of the likes of Janet and Diana Vickers so I don't get those comparisons.

Felt sorry for Tiah, she gave her most competent vocal to date, so I thought Nicole and Paula were harsh. Simone was awful though and deserved to go.

I also felt sorry for Philip, why did he have to do something out of his comfort zone in the first week while everyone else got to play it safe? Also, even though I'm a fan of Rene's, I thought he was one of the worst, and I felt that they overrated Marcus' performance too. So yeah, Philip can feel hard done by.

Stereo Hogz were very good, Intensity were awful and the Brewer Boys actually did well, shame they had to go but understandable given their lack of "X Factor".

The overs didn't do much for me, I liked Leroy's performance and Josh's in parts. Didn't dig Stacey's song but thank fcuk Dexter is gone.

MrChavcore wrote: »
    Steve Jones has about as much charisma as a plank of wood.

He is awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drew was amazing, I think she's the first ever X Factor contestant that I will definitely buy her album. Just lover her voice. Her and Josh were the best two for me.

Advertisement