Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA (2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

the four lads - brill. The talent is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Anyone know when tv3 are going to get around to showing the second episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Anyone know when tv3 are going to get around to showing the second episode?

Next Friday I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

The talent in the American X Factor is insane compared to the UK show.
    Actually looking forward to the live shows for once.
    Can't wait to see the kid rap again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Stacy and Astro were the best but christ, Stacy needs to stop bawling, Closely followed by Caitlin.

I'm not sure that Reid will pick both Rene and Astro. He should, but someone is gonna lose out I fear.

There was something weird about the performances last night. Either there was a little bit of post production done or there really is a huge gulf in class between the contestants on the UK and US Factor. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Stacy and Astro were the best but christ, Stacy needs to stop bawling, Closely followed by Caitlin.

I'm not sure that Reid will pick both Rene and Astro. He should, but someone is gonna lose out I fear.

There was something weird about the performances last night. Either there was a little bit of post production done or there really is a huge gulf in class between the contestants on the UK and US Factor. :pac:

I definately thought some of them sounded "retouched" almost recorded. Very loud backing tracks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I honestly think they are just way better singers than the UK contestants! I didn't see all the auditions but watched some on YouTube:

Brian Bradley is amazing!!!! It's my kind of music anyway so that's probably why I love him so much but nobody can deny the kid is talented!

Stacey Francis brought me to tears! It was out of this world.

4shore are very strong singers and could be fantastic with the right styling etc

Watched a bit of Tora and meh not really my cuppa tea

Some of the auditions aren't up on YouTube yet (well not the iPhone anyway) so haven't seen Chris or Marcus or Jazzlyn all of whom I really like :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

X factor USA is superior compared to UK gonna watch this one instead
    of hollering Kelly and weeping louis walsh

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Two very contrasting shows. One with talent, one without. Very much enjoying the US version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I definately thought some of them sounded "retouched" almost recorded. Very loud backing tracks as well.
    What we were hear in these episodes is nothing like what the judges are hearing. Exactly how much extra work is done behind the scenes is debatable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

leahyl wrote: »
    4shore are very strong singers and could be fantastic with the right styling etc

There's something that irritates me about them, especially the guy with the dreads, and the guy with the the glasses. They just irritate me in general. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

leahyl wrote: »

There's something that irritates me about them, especially the guy with the dreads, and the guy with the the glasses. They just irritate me in general. :pac:

I do agree alright about the guy with the dreads - his voice is a bit pitchy so he would want to work on that. Also their styling isn't great - very preppy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Why did TV3 show one judges house show and one repeat from last week? :confused:

Anyway, from the girls group (who I think are the strongest catagory by far), I would like to see Tora, Melanie, Drew and Jazzlyn through. Although I think he will pick Simone and that annoying little Rachel moppet.

Boys group - I would like to see Bryan, Nick, Chris and Phillip through. Not sure which way L.A will go here. He didn't seem overly impressed with Nick's audition (but I think he's great)

Overs group - Would like to see Stacey, Josh, Leroy (59...really??) and I'm not sure about the fourth. Not really too enamoured with any of the others.

Groups - not really sure about this one. 4sure were good, so I can see them making it. The Brewer boys were woeful, though!

All in all, I think Simon has the hardest choice to make next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The judges houses were supposed to be shown on Wed and Thur night in the states. The Wed night show was cancelled due to a sports event going beyond its allocated time slot.

The second part is on tonight (in the states) and then there's another episode on Tuesday where they pick the finalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I missed this on Friday night and the repeat again yesterday :( I really wanted to see it, but TV3 don't have it on their player. Does anyone know if there's anywhere else I can watch it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I missed this on Friday night and the repeat again yesterday :( I really wanted to see it, but TV3 don't have it on their player. Does anyone know if there's anywhere else I can watch it online?

only had a quick look and dont know if you can watch the whole series but
    you can watch each performance
    some amazing performances also
    im finding it almost impossible to watch the uk version now

http://www.thexfactorusa.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

After seeing all performances at judges houses, my picks are:

Girls:
    Melanie,
    Drew,
    Caitlin,
    Jazzlyn/Rachel

Although I think Simon might put through Simone. Hope not.

Boys:
    Brian,
    Marcus,
    Tim,
    Brennin/Skyelor

Groups:
    4Shore,
    Lakota Rayne,
    The Anser,
    Brewer Boys

Overs:
    Leroy,
    Josh,
    Christa,
    Stacey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mailburner wrote: »
    ...I'm finding it almost impossible to watch the uk version now

Watching both shows at the moment and I have to say, the US version has FAR FAR more talented people in it in the final 32/16 than the UK version.
    My gawd the UK version is rubbish in talent that got through to its other across the water.

No wonder as The Sun reported, the UK show is down another 2 million viewers.

Ok so I'm just catching up with clips on Youtube so I'm only seeing performances, not the in-between bits. What happened to the two "made up" groups? I thought there were 7 boys and 7 girls??

Oh and did anyone else think the judges' houses performances sounded dubbed over in post-production?? :confused:

Edit: Just after reading back and seeing this has been mentioned :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Biggins wrote: »
    Watching both shows at the moment and I have to say, the US version has FAR FAR more talented people in it in the final 32/16 than the UK version.
    My gawd the UK version is rubbish in talent that got through to its other across the water.

No wonder as The Sun reported, the UK show is down another 2 million viewers.

I prefer the talent on the US version but it's just so so dragged out! It takes them like 10 minutes to get through each person, it's over the top

Ok so I'm just catching up with clips on Youtube so I'm only seeing performances, not the in-between bits. What happened to the two "made up" groups? I thought there were 7 boys and 7 girls??

I've just seen now that it's a group of 10 and a group of 4 :D

I spent nearly my entire "sick" day watching the judges house clips on YT! The talent really is in a different league. Even the ones that were "bad" were better than some of the good ones on the UK one. Off the top of my head, I really liked Nick Voss, he's quite different, but don't think he'll get through. I actually thought that InTENsity group were surprisingly good. The groups are the weakest category but still a lot of talent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Have to agree with the comment that the talent is far higher than the UK version. Then again the pool to choose from is over 3x larger and being a new show there's plenty of draw to it where as the UK version hit a wall last season and it's not recovered from it yet.

That auto-tuning/dubbing at judges houses was bizarre - must have been studio recorded to overlay on the performance videos. Enjoying it though even if Paula Abdul gives me ire

lizt wrote: »
    I prefer the talent on the US version but it's just so so dragged out! It takes them like 10 minutes to get through each person, it's over the top

True, it does have its own pains. Like for example, at the return of each break, they keep repeating the same crap for a minute or two every time - as if the viewers have that short a memory, they can't remember what happened at the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Annie22

does anyone know when tv3 is showing 2nd part of judges houses part 3 is on fri nite but don't wanna miss part 2

Annie22 wrote: »
    does anyone know when tv3 is showing 2nd part of judges houses part 3 is on fri nite but don't wanna miss part 2

GAME SHOW: The X Factor USA
    On: TV3 (103)
    Date: Saturday 22nd October 2011 (starting in 4 days)
    Time: 13:25 to 15:10 (1 hour and 45 minutes long)

Judges Homes 2.
    It's the second part of The Judges Houses stage of the competition, as Simon Cowell's high energy entertainment format, that has taken the world by storm, reaches new levels. The X Factor Usa has no barriers as it is open to all ages, all styles, solo acts or groups. And the performers aren't the only ones competing - it's judge v judge, artist v artist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that...

GAME SHOW: The X Factor USA
    On: TV3 (103)
    Date: Friday 28th October 2011 (starting in 11 days)
    Time: 21:00 to 23:00 (2 hours long)

Finalists Revealed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It was a group of 4, Lakoda Rayne. (girls)

And a group of 10, InTENsity. (mixed)

I think they will both get through to live shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

And I agree the talent in this is miles better than the UK one.

I would say the 16 that don't get through to the lives in the US one would still make a live show better than the UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The people I would choose to be in my final 4 in each category would be:

Boys:
    Chris Rene
    Nick Voss
    Phillip Lomax
    Brian Bradley

Girls:
    Tora Woloshin
    Caitlin Koch
    Jazzlyn Little
    Tiah Tolliver

Over 30s:
    Christa Collins
    Josh Krajcik
    James Kenney
    Tiger Budbill

Groups:
    Lakoda Rayne
    The Answer
    The Stereo Hogzz
    The Brewer Boys

Unfortunately, there's no way in hell that its going to work out that way

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    ...I would say the 16 that don't get through to the lives in the US one would still make a live show better than the UK one.

I agree.

Advertisement