Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA (2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LA Reid seems to be the best judge?

LA Reid can't judge singing talent for nuts, it's getting embarrassing, he's clearly the weakest link. Simon was right every single time he disagreed, and he went really wide-eyed on more than one occasion at LA Reid... and this week it's going to be more of the same from the preview clips.

I also do prefer Nicole to Cheryl. I think she is doing fine for a new judge.

Reid is judging on talent whereas Simon is judging on entertainment value. Reid is refreshing imo and I like that he sticks to his opinion and isn't someone who will just agree with Simon.

Anyone else think Simon was mesmerized by the guy who dropped his pants he keep staring and didnt stop him or the music :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

leahyl wrote: »
    Are you serious? LA Reid has produced some of the most successful artists in the world - the man knows what he's talking about. It's Simon that needs to get a reality check! So what if Simon went wide-eyed at him, as you put it? That automatically means that LA Reid is a crap judge does it? Puhleasssse!;)

Simon should count himself very lucky that he got LA as a judge at all!

As far as I understand it LA Reid is more of a business executive and records label man rather than a talent-spotter. He didn't really "produce" anything, he just signed them. They did make him sound amazing on the show, of course that's their job.

No, Simon's reaction doesn't automatically mean that Reid is a crap judge. However I think it makes my claim a lot more credible since Simon has been doing it for many years and knows this stuff inside out.

You have to remember also that the sound they hear in the studio can be a lot different to what we hear at home, they can't hear it as well as they even admitted before. Also, people who watch these shows regularly, especially the audition stage, can get a really good picture of who is good and who isn't. LA Reid may have very minimal experience at that level or that situation. Also it can be hard work being in the studio for many hours, people get tired, hungry, bored, many things can sway them. So maybe he would make a better judge than me while staying at home, however in this situation I don't think he's consistently making the right decisions. It could be that Simon has a different taste or isn't getting something, or maybe he is even being a bit dramatic for media purposes. Maybe also after listening to his opinion for so long that I got conditioned into liking what he likes. Let's see what happens this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

As far as I understand it LA Reid is more of a business executive and records label man rather than a talent-spotter. He didn't really "produce" anything, he just signed them. They did make him sound amazing on the show, of course that's their job.

No, Simon's reaction doesn't automatically mean that Reid is a crap judge. However I think it makes my claim a lot more credible since Simon has been doing it for many years and knows this stuff inside out.

You have to remember also that the sound they hear in the studio can be a lot different to what we hear at home, they can't hear it as well as they even admitted before. Also, people who watch these shows regularly, especially the audition stage, can get a really good picture of who is good and who isn't. LA Reid may have very minimal experience at that level or that situation. Also it can be hard work being in the studio for many hours, people get tired, hungry, bored, many things can sway them. So maybe he would make a better judge than me while staying at home, however in this situation I don't think he's consistently making the right decisions. It could be that Simon has a different taste or isn't getting something, or maybe he is even being a bit dramatic for media purposes. Maybe also after listening to his opinion for so long that I got conditioned into liking what he likes. Let's see what happens this week.

He is a record producer and songwriter as well as a music executive! He's been in the business for nearly 25 years so around the same amount of time as Cowell. I would say that LA Reid "knows his stuff inside out" also when it comes to music - he has produced Pink, Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Rihanna, Kanye West, Toni Braxton, Usher.....major international artists.

Yes that's true what you say about hearing it differently in the studio - so who's to say that LA isn't right?? Maybe the person isn't that good - after all they hear differently in the studio:D Simon and LA are both in the same studio aren't they but yet they both have different opinions - I'm not sure what you're getting at here?

Why would LA have minimal experience in comparison to those that watch the show?? For all we know he could have watched shows like American Idol (which I'm sure he did before making the decision to join the judging panel of X Factor)

To be honest I think LA Reid is a lot more experienced in this business (music) than Simon is - having said that I do like Simon but I think on this panel he isn't the one with the most experience. He has the most experience in terms of being a judge on talent shows, yes, but that doesn't automatically make him the best judge on the show!

Just my opinion though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Awwwwwwwww this pair are too cute! :)<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

This guy is amazing.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3qlmf1i_AE
    I enjoyed the McKenzie and Brock singing aswell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The way the show is edited is really annoying! It's like they just took whole chunks out of certain areas and just left it. There's no segueways or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

the guy on now is one cocky......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So many good ones on tonight! Loved Bryan Bradley, 4 Sure, Jaslyn (sp?) Little! The talent is so strong!

Nicole is bugging me though - she's just an awful judge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Last night's eps were very good! I was wondering why "stop looking at my mom" was trending on twitter all day yesterday. Now I know :pac:

The burrito guy who sang At Last was my favourite, I just love the tone of his voice, I think he'll go far.
    The nervous girl who sang I'm Going Down was AMAZING!
    I don't know why Simon kicked up such a fuss about the girl with the big red lips (sorry I can't remember any of the contestants names :P). A big voice doesn't make a good singer. She wasn't staying in tune.

I agree about Nicole getting very annoying. Does anyone else notice that she imitates LA a lot? If he gives a standing ovation, so does she. If he claps, she claps. If he puts his hands in the air, so does she. It's probably subconscious on her part, I just found it amusing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Is there no Xtra Factor USA? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Havent kept up with this show at all, sadly its on from about 9-12 and I am shattered by that time. Shame because I was really looking forward to it. Wish they would put it on earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Catching up on the auditions on youtube.. this 14 year old is so good, much better than that Janet girl everyone is obsessed with on the UK version

Her dad at the end was so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Loving LA reid on this show i think hes a breath of fresh air and is always singing and boping along with the contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I can't believe they got through all the auditions in 2 weeks. I know there were 8 hours but still...the UK X Factor should take a leaf our of their book and not drag the bloody auditions out so long!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

She hit a few bum notes, but there's a definite star quality there. And dammit, she's hawt. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

^^^^^

I thought she was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

They're all absolutely chronic singers on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Judges houses tomorrow.

http://www.stream2watch.com/index.php?option=com_videolist&view=video&Itemid=58&videoid=13472

1am our time if you can't wait until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The helpers are:-
    LA Reid has Rihanna

Paula has Pharrell Williams

Nicole has Enrique Iglesias

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drew was amazing last night! Was watching it on a Canadian TV stream. It was cancelled in the US until tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The helpers are:-
    LA Reid has Rihanna

Paula has Pharrell Williams

Nicole has Enrique Iglesias

Please tell me Simon doesn't have Sinitta again?
    Even Americans don't deserve being subjected to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

that kid was epic! can't believe he is 14!!

I absolutely love that rapping kid.

am dying to see the homeless lad, missed his original audition and his bootcamp performance.

there is so much talent in the USA show, blows the UK show out of the water, no contest

She was struggling with the lyrics to this? :confused: Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Why doesn't Simon have a celeb?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Why doesn't Simon have a celeb?

he was meant to have maraiah carey but her plane got grounded because of a hurricane

She was struggling with the lyrics to this? :confused: Jesus.

she was in her arse, every story needs an angle in this show :p

Isn't this meant to be over at 10.15? It says a bootcamp repeat is on after? Or is that just a typo on UPC's part?

• Advertisement

she was in her arse, every story needs an angle in this show :p

I'd hate to see her struggle with something that doesn't use the same lines over and over again. :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement