Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA (2011)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

hiscan wrote: »
    Was he really in the nuddy,surely they have security there what with children in the audience? :confused:

Seemed like that given the reaction of the judges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Simon is doing all he can to have her next to him on the judging panel :mad: even though I dont anyone in the US will know what she is saying

Dermot O' Leary was on Alan Carr's chat show this week and he said he was in consideration for the presenting role but dont think he will get it as if Cheryl is there they wont want another Brit

She is on the judging panel. Its on TV3 tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The current lad was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I was thinking Usher too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Let's hope he doesn't turn into bobby brown. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

jubella wrote: »
    Seemed like that given the reaction of the judges.

Read earlier he was wearing a thong but they edited it for shock factor/drama. Not that anyone wants to see him in a thong either, but still.

That guy has the creepiest laugh ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

First time I've sat down for an extended period of time with this on the TV.

Is it just me, or does the whole thing seem incredibly set up? As in, the acts that I've seen so far look to be paid to just take the piss on purpose. Is this the way the UK one is as well?

Forgive my ignorance. I'm not a fan of these shows.

That song was actually really good, and original songs on these kind of shows are never usually that good.
    Fair play to him for cleaning up his act too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

jubella wrote: »
    That song was actually really good, and original songs on these kind of shows are never usually that good.
    Fair play to him for cleaning up his act too.

Yeah he was good alright,but you can always tell with these long auditions that they are going to be a good act.
    Especially when they go back to their childhood and show photos etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the Elvis guy :D

I'm not that pushed on him if I'm honest. He's unique, but he's really not the best singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Ugh! Steve Jones is more like a frame tbh. -_-

Girl who sang Listen... INCREDIBLE! She was amazing! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I thought Chris Rene and Melanie Amaro stole the show, I'm really interested to see how Chris does especially.

I thought that they were a bit harsh on the young one who sang Firework, definitely worth advancing to the next stage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Wasn't particularly impressed with the show! Steve Jones is cr*p!! So stiff and no charisma, Dermot is much better!

Nicole was better on the UK X factor, she's annoying me on the US version, I'm not sure why.

I like L.A Reid though, I had never heard of him before he was announced as a judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

CiaranMT wrote: »
    First time I've sat down for an extended period of time with this on the TV.

Is it just me, or does the whole thing seem incredibly set up? As in, the acts that I've seen so far look to be paid to just take the piss on purpose. Is this the way the UK one is as well?

Forgive my ignorance. I'm not a fan of these shows.

Pretty much. Some of them are actors, some of them are just crap or mental and they put them on stage for giggles. It's a shame really as there are lots of talented people who don't get in because of the need for screen time for wacko's.

Plus they auto-tune. No excuse for that on a talent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So haven't read through this thread and sorry if I am being critical.

Watch about 10 to 20 mins of the show on and off so didn't switch on or off kind of flicked in and out.

12 is far too young (possibly already mentioned, actually most of what I am about to say may have been already mentioned.)

Simon Cowell strutin' his stuff out their in amereKay, Oh! yeah. Why to they insist on the pretense that these auditions are not put forward based on previous auditions? get angry at the initial judges.

They went over the top on the first audition, a 13 year old girl, she did a good job but I wonder if she has much range. The 16 year old that Paula console wasn't that bad, but the judges were unwilling to provider her with proper advice as to how to improve.

The host has been told to tone his welshness down, good presenter in a bad show IMO. It all seemed a bit dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Watched this today as I stumbled across it by accident.

That Xander guy is a really b*tchy guy. OMG. I was so glad he didn't get through. I also laughed at the look on his face when Simon said he was a bitchy queen. He looked visibly :eek:

The guy out of rehab blew me away. He just came across so well and I hope he goes far.

No idea who LA Reid is and Paula saying Xander was her hero made me cringe for her. :D

Will tune in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Not convinced just yet the highlight though was your man who was outta rehab really reminded me of Mike Posner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Chris Rene and that girl who sang Listen was amazing! Steve Jones was absolutely crap. he's such a bore! Paula Abdul was **** too imo. I loved L.A Reid for having high standards. Nicole Scherzinger > Cher****-Hole :D

Them tits omnomnomnom... :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Watching it since it started and I find Nicole to be the worst of the lot as regards judging.
    Dire she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Melanie Amaro was absolutely stunning!

That girl has no idea how good she is, either...

I predict she will make top three at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

steve jones is no dermot o' leary, he maybe tall dark and handsome, but boy is out of his depth. standing in the corner away from the family watching the feed. there's no fun about him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

She, I think will walk away with the prize.

Absolutely loved what that girl did to her song.
    Would love to hear a full version of it. Hope we get to hear it at some later stage.
    I thought also that she sounds like a young Carly Simon. Beautiful voice.

Anyone else note by the way that TV3 are cutting bits here and there out of the show they broadcast?
    I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just for those of you who don't know who LA Reid is - he is one of the most successful record producers ever!! No better man to judge! The man is a legend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lizt wrote: »
    Wasn't particularly impressed with the show! Steve Jones is cr*p!! So stiff and no charisma, Dermot is much better!

Nicole was better on the UK X factor, she's annoying me on the US version, I'm not sure why.

I like L.A Reid though, I had never heard of him before he was announced as a judge.

I agree about Steve Jones what happened to him he seemed to have personality on his UK shows but was terrible here

No sign of Nicole as a presenter so she must never have been :rolleyes:

LA Reid seems the best judge

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I agree about Steve Jones what happened to him he seemed to have personality on his UK shows but was terrible here

That's what I was thinking!!

I am definitely not Cheryl's biggest fan, far from it but tbh I think she did a better job!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

LA Reid seems to be the best judge?

LA Reid can't judge singing talent for nuts, it's getting embarrassing, he's clearly the weakest link. Simon was right every single time he disagreed, and he went really wide-eyed on more than one occasion at LA Reid... and this week it's going to be more of the same from the preview clips.

I also do prefer Nicole to Cheryl. I think she is doing fine for a new judge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

LA Reid seems to be the best judge?

LA Reid can't judge singing talent for nuts, it's getting embarrassing, he's clearly the weakest link. Simon was right every single time he disagreed, and he went really wide-eyed on more than one occasion at LA Reid... and this week it's going to be more of the same from the preview clips.

I also do prefer Nicole to Cheryl. I think she is doing fine for a new judge.

Are you serious? LA Reid has produced some of the most successful artists in the world - the man knows what he's talking about. It's Simon that needs to get a reality check! So what if Simon went wide-eyed at him, as you put it? That automatically means that LA Reid is a crap judge does it? Puhleasssse!;)

Simon should count himself very lucky that he got LA as a judge at all!

Advertisement