Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

€22 on g2play now. I nabbed it for 20 earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Got the 'dispatched' email from Amazon at about 4 today.

No chance of it been here tomorrow is there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No,at least it'll be new to you then when it comes and were all 1/2 ways through

Mine arrived,can I Install in it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

No,at least it'll be new to you then when it comes and were all 1/2 ways through

Mine arrived,can I Install in it now?

You should be able to install the preload anyway though I've heard people having issues where Steam will still continue to download it even if you have a cd.

You may able to force steam to use the cd by using the run command that's on the steam support pages.
    "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
    Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

got it earlier, enjoying it so far. Seems like something that could get repetitive very fast but it's holding up quite well after the first couple of hours. The city is very atmospheric and there is a lot to do, I find myself getting distracted on the way to missions sometimes as the driving is very good in general though the handling is a bit off I think. Side missions are fun enough too so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Look what you can do! Drive around and swing the door open to hit people. Genius haha

The game is now finally live :D

Here was a benchmark screenie - manged to add some more settings without taking a big performance hit - looks and plays very smoothly.

2012081600007.jpg

I came out of the game to post this but now my game is downloading something else - a 1.2GB file - but have no idea what it is - total size over 10GB now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My copy just arrived, Thanks Gamesnash! And I appreciate the extra lengths ye went through to get it out to us on release day, with the distributor delay and all.

Now just to convince the boss I feel like I'm getting the black lung!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Lads who delivers for Gamestop? I got the shipping order at midday yesterday and An Post have been and gone this morning so I hope it's not them :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lads who delivers for Gamestop? I got the shipping order at midday yesterday and An Post have been and gone this morning so I hope it's not them :(

Nightline,did you pay the fiver for the courier?they didn't deliver till 5:00 for me yesterday.

• Advertisement

Nightline,did you pay the fiver for the courier?they didn't deliver till 5:00 for me yesterday.

I paid the standard €2. I thought the fiver would get you it a day early and standard on release day. Said to myself I could wait till Friday. I'll be cursing my tightness it seems :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Same boat as yourself Duck, but I have a PC to build tonight for my girlfriend, a friend's stag *AND* the Nocturnal Forum beers to attend tomorrow, so maybe it's for the best... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

I paid the standard €2. I thought the fiver would get you it a day early and standard on release day. Said to myself I could wait till Friday. I'll be cursing my tightness it seems :pac:

that's exactly it an post would be standard delivery

Shiminay wrote: »
    Same boat as yourself Duck, but I have a PC to build tonight for my girlfriend, a friend's stag *AND* the Nocturnal Forum beers to attend tomorrow, so maybe it's for the best... :)

Oh well, guess I'll keep at Assassin's creed. Still have brotherhood to finish.
    spider_pig wrote: »
    that's exactly it an post would be standard delivery

I'll call down tomorrow morning to the post office. See if it came in tonight's delivery! All is not lost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

An post deliver parcels seperatlely. You will be grand. I always freak out but get it delivered round 2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The game is now finally live :D

Here was a benchmark screenie - manged to add some more settings without taking a big performance hit - looks and plays very smoothly.

<pic>
    A note on this. After flicking through the Digital Foundry article on this, it seems they've used some pretty hefty super sampling techniques on top of FXAA for anti-aliasing. Seems those without a decent machine would be advised not to stray above normal if you're running at high resolutions.
    I came out of the game to post this but now my game is downloading something else - a 1.2GB file - but have no idea what it is - total size over 10GB now!
    That'd be the high res texture pack.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Same boat as you, though I'm actually happy it didn't come today since I've exams to study for. :)

On the upside, that package I was waiting for from Germany arrived this morning bright and early. All these microphones and cables are SO SHINY! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

They really should have put the games out to delivery a day earlier. I only got my delivery notice yesterday, making it fairly unlikely I'm going to get it today, unless it comes in the last van. Kicking myself that I didn't just get a digital copy like everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just played the first hour and so far I'm loving it.

The setting is a lot of fun and just running round the city doing odd jobs is great.

The Combat also makes you feel like a badass :p

Just one thing though.... has anyone had jumpiness when driving ?
    I'm playing the Pc version and i can't figure out if my settings are to high or if its normal...

gizmo wrote: »
    A note on this. After flicking through the Digital Foundry article on this, it seems they've used some pretty hefty super sampling techniques on top of FXAA for anti-aliasing. Seems those without a decent machine would be advised not to stray above normal if you're running at high resolutions.

Yeah this is very true. I tried raising this to high and while it was still playable on my original settings, you did notice a massive hit. Shadow filtering also causes a big hit for me.
    That'd be the high res texture pack.

It's not though.

That is over 4GB and I had that downloaded before and was already using it. It was an additional 1.2GB on top of that. Thought maybe it may have been some DLC but it doesn't seem to be :(
    Just one thing though.... has anyone had jumpiness when driving ?
    I'm playing the Pc version and i can't figure out if my settings are to high or if its normal...

If your noticing jumpiness when you reach top speed in your vehicle then thats normal but if your noticing it normally I'd say some setting is too high probably AA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Enjoying it so far, The driving handling isn't the best but the main worry is that I got an achievement for 10% completion and have only played an hour or so. Could be very short for an open world game.

[QUOTE=If your noticing jumpiness when you reach top speed in your vehicle then thats normal but if your noticing it normally I'd say some setting is too high probably AA.[/QUOTE]

No its just when driving..... It runs 100% smooth everywhere else.

It's not though.

That is over 4GB and I had that downloaded before and was already using it. It was an additional 1.2GB on top of that. Thought maybe it may have been some DLC but it doesn't seem to be :(

Looks like it was an update:
    Sleeping Dogs Update Released
    Product Update - Valve
    Sleeping Dogs version 1.3 update tonight!
    In anticipation of the European launch of Sleeping Dogs and in response to some of the feedback generated by the PC gamers on the forum we’ve prepared a patch that aims to improve some PC-specific features as well as fix some bugs that have been reported by the community. The full list of changes is below:

Improvements & Bug Fixes
    • Fixed several bugs where NPCs would not path through doors properly – this corrects the issue where Naz stops running in the first mission of the game
    • Added HD Textures for UI screens (only available with the free HD Texture Pack DLC installed)
    • Improvements made to reduce the frequency of erroneous “don’t lose your target” warnings in missions where you are chasing an NPC
    • Significant improvements to mouse support on various options screens
    • New Keyboard/Mouse option which makes the keyboard & mouse the only input devices even if a controller is connected
    • Several minor text bugs corrected
    • Fixed an issue where mouse clicks would sometimes be ignored in the UI
    • Fixed the keyboard and mouse camera controls in the Phone Tracing minigame

blobby360 wrote: »
    No its just when driving..... It runs 100% smooth everywhere else.

But is it all the time when your driving or when your going fast?

Trying reducing something and test it... I'm not having the same issue so looks like its a setting.

No only when going fast.

blobby360 wrote: »
    No only when going fast.

Yeah that normal, happens to me too. It trying to portray a sense of speed!
    It's a bit broken though and shakes too much so hopefully may be fixed.

There are a few complaints about it on the official forums and steam forum.

Was anyone like me, when they seen you could changed outfits.

1st step.... Remove Tank top to look more Badass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This game is fantastic fun. the combats a little rough but im sure the more I play the more i'll get used to it.

When I first loaded up the game there was a lot of textures missing and then it CTD :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Anyone else finding the combat horrendous on pc ? like its the worst thing ive ever seen in my life camera twitching about non stop the controls just seem to stop working in fights for me, and its very sluggish.

Do steam do refunds :confused:

• Advertisement

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the combat horrendous on pc ? like its the worst thing ive ever seen in my life camera twitching about non stop the controls just seem to stop working in fights for me, and its very sluggish.

Do steam do refunds :confused:

I love the combat on Pc.
    Its silky smooth when I'm playing.... Are you using a Controller like me ?

Advertisement