Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Recommended GPU is a GTX560, which isn't mad at all.

Yeah but probably not if you wanted to get it running with Optimum specs i.e. Full Direct 11 features enabled.

Here the fulls nerdy specs :D Me Likey!
    Minimum requirements
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or Althon X2 2.4 GHz
    • RAM: 2GB
    • Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher
    • Graphics card memory: 512 MB
    • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
    • Hard drive: 15 GB

Recommended system requirements
    • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    • RAM: 4GB
    • Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950
    • Graphics card memory: 1 GB
    • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
    • Hard drive: 15 GB

Advanced PC Features
    • Nvidia 3D Support
    • Nvidia Multi Screen Monitor Support
    • AMD EyeFinity Multi-Monitor Gold Status Support
    • Window and Full Screen Mode Support
    • Benchmark Mode

DirectX11 Specific Features
    • Contact hardening shadows
    • HD-AO
    • Use of Direct Compute

Performance Enhancements
    • Enhanced Performance on Dual Core and Quad Core Processors
    • Enhanced Performance on Nvidia SLi
    • Enhanced Performance on AMD Crossfire

Mouse, Keyboard, and Controller Support
    • Xbox360 Controller Support
    • Keyboard and Mouse Support including Key Remapping
    • Auto Pad, Mouse and Keyboard Switching

Advanced PC Graphic Features
    • Increased Small Object Detail
    • High Resolution Texture Support
    • High Resolution Shadows
    • High Quality Shadow Filters
    • Soft Particles
    • High Quality SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
    • High Quality Motion Blur
    • Super Sample Anti-Aliasing

Steamworks Features Supported
    • DLC Support
    • Achievements
    • Auto Patching
    • Pre-Download
    • Store Save Games to the Cloud
    • Player to Player Chat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, i haven't been a really big pc gamer, but the last time i checked there was minimum and recommended. That is one helluva list of specs!

I've been deliberately not following this thread or any media associated with this game as i don't want anything ruined. Typically, i've a stag that weekend, but by jesus i'll have it Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know if Gamestop are still doing 25% trade in when pre-ordering ?

looking to get this on Pc.... hopefully i can run it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do you think a gtx 260 896mb and core 2 quad q9330 @2.50ghz would run it at high settings? the resolution on my monitor is 1650*1080

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It'll probably run it solidly at medium to high.

I'm just about to install my second 6950 now, wish me luck :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shiminay wrote: »
    It'll probably run it solidly at medium to high.

I'm just about to install my second 6950 now, wish me luck :p

well how did it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Lads, as this game is steamworks, if I install from a disc, will it have to activate on steam and show up in my list of games, like skyrim? Or will installing from the disc avoid all DRM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Lads, as this game is steamworks, if I install from a disc, will it have to activate on steam and show up in my list of games, like skyrim? Or will installing from the disc avoid all DRM?

You'll have to activate it on steam, if it was just a disc install you'd probably end up with far more invasive drm than the handy steam install.:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

well how did it go?

All good, cheers :D Should handle the suped up graphics stuff for this game quite nicely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Not long now, can't wait for it.

I pre ordered this on Amazon, can I expect to have it here on Friday? Or will they only post it out on Friday?

Haven't pre ordered a game in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I pre ordered this on Amazon, can I expect to have it here on Friday? Or will they only post it out on Friday?

Amazon never ship early for release day delivery in Ireland, in the UK yes. You will get it on Monday at the earliest.

ya monday at the earliest,if you want it on release day would you consider ordering off gamestop?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ya monday at the earliest,if you want it on release day would you consider ordering off gamestop?

Maybe it's because I live in the middle of nowhere, but I've ordered a load of games on Gamestop.ie and rarely gotten them on release day.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I live in the middle of nowhere, but I've ordered a load of games on Gamestop.ie and rarely gotten them on release day.

oh dear and did you pay to have delivered by courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

No don't like gamestop.

I'm not really bothered it will just build the anticipation haven't to wait.

Just hope the game doesn't turn out to be a let down.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

oh dear and did you pay to have delivered by courier?

I did for Max Payne and a few others, (since it was the CE and was coming in a massive box). Now I just go for standard post.

I did for Max Payne and a few others, (since it was the CE and was coming in a massive box). Now I just go for standard post.

Would you not pre-order it on steam? That way you have access to it on day 1 plus also get access to the Limited Edition extras:
    Limited Edition
    Pre-order now and receive an upgrade to the Limited Edition for Free! The Limited Edition includes the following DLC Packs:

Georges St. Pierre (GSP)’ content:

GSP’s signature “flying punch”
    Exclusive GSP outfit including T-shirts, headband and shorts
    The GSP outfit unlocks the “flying punch” and increases grappling and throwing damage

‘Police Protection’ content:

Exclusive “High Speed” Mission which includes :
    Exclusive HK Police SWAT Outfit
    Exclusive assault rifle
    Exclusive SWAT Police Vehicle

You've put the fear of god in me now thinking gamestop wont deliver on friday :O :p Even though they normally do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Will probably get this on Friday for ps3., anyone come across a decent deal for it?

Would you not pre-order it on steam? That way you have access to it on day 1 plus also get access to the Limited Edition extras:

The joys of really slow, capped usage internet means I don't use Steam. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

God I really want this to be good, feel like here has been a gaming drought the last while, thinking about picking it up on day one, I'm sick of having nothing new to play.

For anyone who is buying on day one and looking for a good deal check out your local xtravision, with big games for some reason mine always gets too many rental copies. The then put them on the shelf as pre owned at €45 even though they have have never been played. I got both Arkham City and Max Payne this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im enjoying it so far, but i expect ill get bored of it quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Helix wrote: »

Do you know if you can customize any cars? I saw some cool street racing modded cars but dunno if you design them yourself.

not so far anyway

why do you say that?Is it linear?same amount of freedom as gta games?

This scares me as you usually have a good take on games. Would also like to know what is making you feel this way. Repetition? Or do you mean once you've you've completed the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's no multiplayer in the game which I am actually quite happy about.

It'll be much like Assassins Creed 2 as in I'll be pushing for 100% completion and a nice platinum to boot.

what'll make me get bored is that i have a very low tolerance for GTA-esque games

the go here, do this, fetch that, go there formula bores me to tears

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesradar gave it 4.5/5

Also, there are 6 months of DLC coming out. 1st one being on release day called 'Retro Triad Pack' - "the 80s-inspired Retro Triad Pack, a killer old school outfit with its own player buffs and funky kung-fu van". It launches this very week, in time for the game's release on 17th August.

More reviews:

New Game Network: 83/100
    http://www.newgamenetwork.com/article/691/sleeping-dogs-review/

IGN: 8.5/10
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/sleeping-dogs-review

Playstation Universe: 9/10
    http://www.psu.com/a016534/Sleeping-Dogs-Review

Gaming Irresponsibly: 8.8/10
    http://gamingirresponsibly.com/review-sleeping-dogs-xbox-360

Gamesradar 4.5 stars out of 5 and a Editors Choice:
    http://www.gamesradar.com/sleeping-dogs-review/

G4TV 4.5 Stars Out Of 5:
    http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/6408 ... gs/review/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i am watching TBs WTF on it and it looks not bad. A very nice touvh, that they did worked a bit more on PC version instead of copy paste console version.

One thing that is missing for me ( and all open world city games ): the lack of population. it should be a busy city, but its just few people on busy streets. i know it is limited by hardware, but it could be better then that. :(

i think ill put it in to my "get on steam sale" folder.

Advertisement