Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mines been shipped too,I payed for express,maybe we'll get them tomorrow eh?

You might get yours tomorrow... you'd never know!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nah wont be tomorrow I'd say it arrived in dublin at around 6,better be friday then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I cracked!! The teasing got too much for me plus I wanted to make sure it was as optimised as they said it was (and not like GTA IV) so that I could start playing it on Friday without having to go looking for fixes.

I have a I5 2500K (stock) and HD 6870 so was expecting game to run well on medium settings at my native res.

Just set up my Graphics and ran a few benchmarks.

Res: 1680x1050 (native res)
    AA on Normal
    Shadow Settings: Normal
    SSA Occulsion also on Normal
    (need to test the above more though I can really see the hit my FPS takes on High/Extreme - maybe a mixture will do)
    HD Texture Pack: On
    Quality Motion Blur: On
    Vsync: Off
    City Detail/Density: High

Max FPS: 170 FPS
    Min FPS: 74 FPS
    Average: 110 FPS

Really happy with the results and that average FPS give me some nice room to work with for increasing other settings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya I read somewhere its better optimised (sp?) for amd cards because amd got there hands on the game and nvidia haven't had a chance yet >_>

Ya I read somewhere its better optimised (sp?) for amd cards because amd got there hands on the game and nvidia haven't had a chance yet >_>

I thought it may be something like that (the AMD video at the start may have gave it away!).

Makes a nice change as nearly all recent games have been the other way around i.e. favoured Nvidia.

• Advertisement

I thought it may be something like that (the AMD video at the start may have gave it away!).

Makes a nice change as nearly all recent games have been the other way around i.e. favoured Nvidia.

It had better look good with my rickety old gtx 260 896mb card :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Wow, glad I waited. €19.99 on g2play today!

blaa85 wrote: »
    Wow, glad I waited. €19.99 on g2play today!

YOU ARE KIDDING ME RIGHT? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Yeah, was waiting for the price to drop, I can't just leave it there now.
    Spec Ops: The Line is only 16.99 on there today as well, good enough game but has an excellent story.

It had better look good with my rickety old gtx 260 896mb card :P

Should be fine I'd say - just turn down the usual things i.e. shadows and especially AA. Depends on CPU and Res as well.

You may need to turn off the HD textures as I think they require quite a lot of vram (think it may be 750) though while the benchmarks I ran there was little FPS difference between it off and on, you really notice the difference in the world when its turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

YOU ARE KIDDING ME RIGHT? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Out of stock now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got the email from Gamesnash that mine was posted. Should have it tomorrow as long as An Post don't f*ck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

anyone got there's from gamestop yet mines been out for delivery since 7am this morning still waiting here :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just got the email from Gamesnash that mine was posted. Should have it tomorrow as long as An Post don't f*ck up.

It's the worst feeling when your waiting around on Friday and nothing arrives, then it suddenly dawns on you that you now have to wait another 2 days to play it :(

But of course that won't happen to you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's the worst feeling when your waiting around on Friday and nothing arrives, then it suddenly dawns on you that you now have to wait another 2 days to play it :(

But of course that won't happen to you!!!

Don't jinx it man! :D

spider_pig wrote: »
    anyone got there's from gamestop yet mines been out for delivery since 7am this morning still waiting here :(

Same here,still waiting for my,kinda worried now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've had mine Pre-Downloaded since last night, should be playing it at midnight.

I guess that's one of the pluses of Steam.... :D

Same here,still waiting for my,kinda worried now :-(

have sent them an email there, need to be put out of my misery lol keep looking out for a nightline van to arrive

blobby360 wrote: »
    I've had mine Pre-Downloaded since last night, should be playing it at midnight.

Yeah I pre-downloaded mine on Tuesday I think but the tempation of testing it got the better of me. I'm glad I did now and those benchmark results will bring a good looking experience.

I'm also going to use my wireless 360 controller as PC mappings are not the best i.e. they have the annoying console feature of 2-3 actions mapped to one button. It's weird that while I would rather map each of actions to individual keys using a keyboard, I don't actually notice the issue while using an actual gamepad.

Nice feature of the game is the on screen tips change on-the-fly to whatever control scheme your using at the time so you can easily switch between KB/M and controller.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Could be worse lads. I'm waiting for both this, and a shipment from Germany that was confirmed shipped early on Monday morning, but still hasn't arrived. :\

Needless to say, every van or truck that passes by here has me running to the window. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mine hasn't arrived yet, ordered from Gamestop on the regular postage option. If I don't get it tomorrow, it'll be disappointing, but not the end of the world, I've got tons of things to do this weekend anyway, so it might be for the best :p

just got a reply from nightline

This is out for delivery today , if he hasn’t tried to deliver yet , he will before 17.30 today

yay :D

edit: its here yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy

blobby360 wrote: »

Oh well aren't you mr fancy pants with your predownload :D

just got a reply from nightline

This is out for delivery today , if he hasn’t tried to deliver yet , he will before 17.30 today

yay :D

Cann you give there email please?

Cann you give there email please?

thats it there info@nightline-delivers.com

now im getting dragged food shopping arrrggggghhhh typical women :mad:

Just emailed them there,they said its out on delivery

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just got the email from GameStop saying that it's been sent to the post.

Just emailed them there,they said its out on delivery
    Shiminay wrote: »
    Just got the email from GameStop saying that it's been sent to the post.

This thread is going to go very quiet over the next few days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This thread is going to go very quiet over the next few days :D

So people will be letting the Sleeping Dog's thread lie ? :pac:

/Gets my coat :P

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    So people will be letting the Sleeping Dog's thread lie ? :pac:

/Gets my coat :P

GET OUT!

:pac:

Advertisement