Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I used a hand bag and killed a guy with a fish but mostly stick to environment kills. I still twitch when wei shoves a guys head in a fan! I heard when you date the girls enough, they make the lock boxes and health shrines show up around the map, will make it handy.

I went wondering around and found an expensive part of town. Crazy priced suits that needed very high face value and a car dealer with class cars, cant wait to afford a car! I still only have the bike. And to the above, if you could store cars, there would b no need to buy any and id say it will b better when you get high enough cash and face to buy the lambo knock off.

Most fun ive had in a game all year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Whats everyones favourite combat moves?

I find myself going for the grapple and leg break making all the guys around wince. That and the class wall vault although it can get a bit glitchy. Anyone who hasn;t tried it, in a fight press x facing a wall and then press square to kick off it to do a mad spinning kick.

Yeah I love that move too... very satifsying. Also like combo where you hit them twice then a hard knee to gut which stuns them followed by a good old boot to the head :)

Have you tried the fight clubs yet? I've just completed them and the final round of the club on the east coast is you against 12+ guys in an arena! Fairly intense but good practice for combos etc.
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    But with GTA you can keep cars you steal. Part of what I like about free-roam games like that is finding a rare car and storing it in my Garage and taking out for a leisurely cruise now and then.

But I guess I'll live without it.

Yeah but when you abandon your car somewhere it usually stays there unless its a mission where you have to take something else.

The main reason for it though is to make you buy cars to unlock different street races... i just purchased a class A sports car for 600,000... it's handles beautifully and very, very fast! Plus anytime I want to drive it I can visit a parking garage or just call my valet ;)
    Ok I don't seem to have the pistol now anymore :confused:

Yeah you generally lose any weapons you pick up as you will always get another if your mission involves gunplay. You do get used it though.

Anyone have any idea have to level up your triad score??
    Mines only level 6 while my cop score is level 8 (nearly 9!) and my face score is maxed out. None of the side mission seem to boost it only the main missions!

I have higher triad level than cop, its down to environment kills I think. The more voilent way you finish guys on missions, the higher your triad score

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Anyone have any idea have to level up your triad score??
    Mines only level 6 while my cop score is level 8 (nearly 9!) and my face score is maxed out. None of the side mission seem to boost it only the main missions!

have u tried driving around till u see the little red man thing on the map and go kick the other triads ass i think you get triad points for that cant remember now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

An Post better deliver this tomorrow, so hyped from all the videos of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

First time I heard this song in the game and wow, what a tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

An Post better deliver this tomorrow, so hyped from all the videos of it!

+1 to that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Anyone know where I can purchase stuff for the apartment? Tis a bit dingy lookin' y'know :/

Granted I now have a swanky pad in the Central district, but I want to do up the drug den. Central is definitely the place to cruise for a new toy though. Tons of fancy and fast cars to be hijacked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

You can pick up a coffee table and rug in the karaoke bar in central, really ties the room together!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can purchase stuff for the apartment? Tis a bit dingy lookin' y'know :/

A bed, stereo, bird and air con can be bought in the night market.

Absolutely loving the game. This is what GTA IV should have been like.
    The only problem I have with it is the environments can be very samey especially for the drug busts.

Some of the little touches are great like when you're in the club and you're walking around bopping your head to the music :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Little touches make this game great. Like when i hijacked a taxi and crashed it, i was stopped and some random guy gets in looking for a fare, i just say "do i look like a f**king taxi driver"..class.

When I beat up all the gang members at a drug bust location, one of them ran away and stole my car. It was the Lambo look-a-like too :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

When I beat up all the gang members at a drug bust location, one of them ran away and stole my car. It was the Lambo look-a-like too :mad:

Should've chased after him and wreaked a terrible vengence over the course of several hours. :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Should've chased after him and wreaked a terrible vengence over the course of several hours. :P

I had to hack a security camera. Priorities man!

I love the mini games like when you have to break in somewhere and there is a mini game for opening a vent, syncing a bug, closing the vent and picking a lock to escape.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I guess no one in hong kong can swim :eek:

sleepingdogs6.jpg

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I love the mini games like when you have to break in somewhere and there is a mini game for opening a vent, syncing a bug, closing the vent and picking a lock to escape.

How do you break into a place? I came across a statue I have to get in Central. It's in an apartment but I can't get in, it's driving me mad.

It was part of a mission, I had to go in through a sky light so maybe you should try getting to the roof of that apartment?

Thanks, I did that mission too. I will cruise over in my R8 lookalike car while listening to some classical music

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

trying to pull of combo's in those fight schools is annoying

• Advertisement

Game is pissing me off now,can't get past a certain fight and when I get further and die I have to start back at the start again :mad:

Game is pissing me off now,can't get past a certain fight and when I get further and die I have to start back at the start again :mad:

Was stuck on the fight club in Central for a while. Died about 5/6 times from those large grapple feckers.

Was stuck on the fight club in Central for a while. Died about 5/6 times from those large grapple feckers.

Yeah those lads... they can't block strong attacks though, so if you've unlocked them, spinning kicks do a fair bit of damage.

The lads who look like boxers are bollockses as well. Always interrupting me bating another fella :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The central fight club was hard first time. I went, improved, learned a couple of new moves and it wasn't so hard. The stun with the knee and finish off is a great move that gets guys dead faster than most others I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Really enjoying this (on pc)

kb/mouse for shooting/fighting, xbox controller for running and driving (yes I'm weird using the kb/mouse for melee)

Had to tone the graphics down to 1080p and medium to get a steady 60fps.

And I'm still getting crashes, which arent uncommon. One of the forum posts said it might be the nvidia drivers, we'll see with the next update.

All in all, happy out so far, havent been bored yet. Really like going for a spin around and finding the security trucks. Always keeps me entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Completed the main story yesterday and have around 80% of everything else done.

I enjoyed the story and loved the combat/driving aspect (shooting was ok but still solid).

Combat is a lot deeper then first expected with plenty of combos to learn and different tatics that need to used on different opponents. Nothing as satisfying as breaking some guys arm then leg in a couple of quick movements or taking down a large group with a few well placed combos. Game really does make you feel like a badass.

Just going around now collecting remaining lockboxes and shrines and generally just beating up any randomers I see :D

(Oh and that issue I was having before with my Triad score seems to be bug. On one screen it shows as level 10 but on the upgrade screen it only shows just level 9. Unfortunately I can't seem to raise it any more though I may try and repeat a mission to see if that boosts it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I found that I was being to frantic. Had to slow down to make sure I was hitting counters. Also the jump kick is great against those grapple guys. Don't think it does massive damage but it staggers them a bit so you can make some room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

First 3 seconds, downloading patches and HD Texture Pack now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just getting started on this really but how nice is it for a change to drive on the left !!!!!!!! :D

Advertisement