Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If you have a Just Cause 2 save file on your hard drive, you will have access to Rico's outfit from launch. Wearing the outfit means you will be able to action hijack other vehicles from an even greater distance. Fairly cool.

24597306c1fa212981243341dd77a624.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sheehy83 wrote: »
    If you have a Just Cause 2 save file on your hard drive, you will have access to Rico's outfit from launch. Wearing the outfit means you will be able to action hijack other vehicles from an even greater distance. Fairly cool.

http://eu.square-enix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/post-image/image_gallery/360/24597306c1fa212981243341dd77a624.jpg

Dang. Wish I'd seen this earlier, would have picked up a copy of Just Cause 2 while I was getting Spec Ops: The Line. :\

New preview from Gametrailers. Appartently this is a greta vid but I haven't watched it. just posting it in case anyone else wants to see it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/0ymz ... gs-preview

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

New preview from Gametrailers. Appartently this is a greta vid but I haven't watched it. just posting it in case anyone else wants to see it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/0ymz ... gs-preview

You can buy an air-conditioning unit for your apartment? My gaming life is complete :D

Had to watch it to see what that AC comment was about. Looked it up and getting AC gives you a health buff apparently :pac:

Great preview, roll on the 17th!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Had to watch it to see what that AC comment was about. Looked it up and getting AC gives you a health buff apparently :pac:

Great preview, roll on the 17th!!

Just couldn't help yourself could you!

Everytime I see I got a new thread notifcation from this thread and I see your name I know it's usually some good video etc though I was hoping it was demo/specs annoucement :(

HAHA no! Really trying to avoid it but can't help myself.

Hearing rumours the demo is being released next week. They will have to release specs before a pc demo anyway but it was seen on Steam, there will be a free Hi-Res dlc for sleeping dogs so looks like the PC version will be getting a nice treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Just pre ordered this on amazon, can't wait for it, I'm expecting big things from it.

Police Investigation Video. You have to get a cop desguise and investigate crime scenes for evidence helping track a serial killer among other crimes. Sounds class! Only watched the start of the vid. Took a lot to stop tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arC5hM6f-z8&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LL_8TP1JbZ4OCHmM7TBtvslA

For anyone thats interested

Still now sign of a demo :mad: still no sign of pc specs :mad: but I 'm gonna pre order for pc I think off the gamestop site

• Advertisement

Still now sign of a demo :mad: still no sign of pc specs :mad: but I 'm gonna pre order for pc I think off the gamestop site

Very strange that nothing announced yet considering its out in a weeks time :eek: All I know is the download from steam is around 5-6GB so not crazy big... though that's prob not fully expanded size.

A square enix employee said on the official forums that the demo on steam was only meant to be a press / preview demo. They said it's a pity steam files are open like this because it may have given false hope for a demo. Saying that, there still might be a demo. At this point, I could do without one, just waiting to lash into the game.

In the thread below, people are asking about PC specs and one of the devs said he was told he could not tell people yet but he is basically confirming if people can play or not with their setup. If you read through the posts, you might find a similar setup to yourself.

http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=723

In the thread below, people are asking about PC specs and one of the devs said he was told he could not tell people yet but he is basically confirming if people can play or not with their setup. If you read through the posts, you might find a similar setup to yourself.

http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=723

I wanted the demo as I wanted something to play for next week ;)

From that forum apparently they found the (minimum?) specs on the japenese website which were not denied:
    Version of the Windows operating environment required is as follows. (Windows95/98/ME/2000/XP is not supported) Microsft Windows Vista ® / Windows 7: OS CPU: 2.4GHz or Intel ® Core2Duo2.0GHz AthlonX2 more than 2GB: Main Memory or 11 compatible DirectX ® 10: graphics board or more ATI Radeon3870 or AMD ATI card NVIDIA ® GeForce8800GT or NVIDIA ® more than 320MB: graphics memory Sound board compatible with DirectX ®: Sound Board 10GB: HDD capacity disk drive: Dual-Layer DVD drive that corresponds to the (dual-layer disc) Internet connection and service required for the authentication procedure: Internet

Glad that the game is DX11 supported (Bye XP!) which was mentioned earlier in that thread. Seems like game is well optimised though hopefully they sorted the GUI etc for mouse/keyboard.

Sleeping Dogs gets it's first official review score of a 9/10. Embargo is still up so they just gave their score and a few teasers like below.

"This is the game Saints Row has spent a decade desperate to be, a rollercoaster open-world adventure set in an environment that's fun to explore and doss about in, and packed to the brim with rousing missions, happy diversions and other amazing stuff."

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/08/07/sleeping-dogs-ps3-review-scores-910-in-official-playstation-magazine-uk/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fish slapping confirmed yesssssssssssssssssssssss :D LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

When is this out? Haven't really played much in a while, wouldn't mind a new game!

tok9 wrote: »
    When is this out? Haven't really played much in a while, wouldn't mind a new game!

friday week

Steam has the below requirements up

Minimum:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
    Memory: 2GB
    Hard Disk Space: 15GB
    Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher
    DirectX®: 10
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended:
    Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    Memory: 4GB
    Hard Disk Space: 15GB
    Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950
    DirectX®: 11
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

EDIT: These specs have also been confirmed by the devs.

not sure if my system would handle it,might just get it for ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The environments remind me so much of Shenmue 2, that this is a must have. Really looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement

Wow looks like PC got some nice extra treatment.

Wow looks like PC got some nice extra treatment.

Definitely feeling the PC love!

Really glad they are giving the PC extra graphical features among other things and not just porting the console version over.

Definitely feeling the PC love!

Really glad they are giving the PC extra graphical features among other things and not just porting the console version over.

me too I'm gonna pre order for pc now off gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Massively excited about this game. I've been following it all Summer and quietly praying it wouldn't be a flop (that inevitable feeling)....

First two reviews have it at 9/10......

Cannot wait til Friday week :)

preordered for pc from gamestop :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Pre-ordered this myself from Gamestop yesterday for PC, hadn't been paying any attention to it at all until one of the lads in the office mentioned it and showed me a trailer. Really looking forward to it.

Looks like you'd need a monster PC to get it running like above. Just one more week! Ton of walthrough vids online at the moment but no way am I even tempted to look at them, completely wreck any story and surprise that are left. Happy to sit and wait 7 days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Luckily, I picked up a second video card yesterday so I can get me some Crossfire action :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Looks like you'd need a monster PC to get it running like above

Recommended GPU is a GTX560, which isn't mad at all.

Advertisement