Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone know what the pc specs are?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

anyone know what the pc specs are?

Not sure how reliable these are but:

Minimum Requirements
    CPU: Celeron E1200 Dual-Core 1.6GHz / Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+
    Graphics: GeForce 510 / Radeon HD 4350
    RAM: 2 GB
    DirectX: DX 9
    HDD Space: 9 GB

Predicted Requirements
    CPU: Core 2 Duo E8300 2.83GHz / Athlon II X3 400e
    Graphics: GeForce GTX 260 / Radeon HD 4870
    RAM: 4 GB

Source

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not sure how reliable these are but:

Minimum Requirements
    CPU: Celeron E1200 Dual-Core 1.6GHz / Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+
    Graphics: GeForce 510 / Radeon HD 4350
    RAM: 2 GB

Predicted Requirements
    CPU: Core 2 Duo E8300 2.83GHz / Athlon II X3 400e
    Graphics: GeForce GTX 260 / Radeon HD 4870
    RAM: 4 GB

Source

Q9300 quad core @2.50ghz
    4 gigs ram
    Gtx 260

Hopefully she'll run ok :-)

Anyone else getting this for pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

looks bloody brilliant, watch in HD. Random gameplay showing fighting, driving, racing, chasing and shooting.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

^^Aw fook yeah! :D

Pre-ordering soon. Only a month to go. :)

• Advertisement

New vid of gameplay. That same old level they showed a few times before but devs made a list of improvements and showing it off in this vid. Nice how the enemies don't have red circles under them anymore.

*lighting/shadows look greatly improved,
    *facial expression and details on NPCs look great(those three guys @ 3:08 look awesome),
    *the phone looks better designed and disappears in a stylish fashion,
    *Lanterns now sway in the wind,
    *Wei now screams in pain when hurt,
    *shop items at the stand are now 3d objects instead of 2d images of watches,
    *seems more populated,
    *casual NPC push added(pushing people out the way when your walking),
    *You can now see into a lot of the windows,
    *light is actually coming up from those skylights and you can see in them as well,
    *damaged fan now smokes after being destroyed by enemies face,
    *ragdoll physics seem greatly improved,
    *and the fighting seems to have been great sped up so you're not waiting for guys to attack you, keeps things very tense

New gameplay from Day 2 at the expo. 14 minutes of awesome. This just looks unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

He royally fecked up the show piece stunt at the end there! ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Seph503

This game is looking absolutely savage:cool:

Pre-ordered.

He royally fecked up the show piece stunt at the end there! ha!

HAHA ya bad ending alright, so bad they decided to just quit the demo. Sleeping Dogs is looking like the perfect mix of realistic gritty story (gta) and crazy antics (saints row)

• Advertisement

Gamesnash.ie have this up for pre-order now. Just ordered myself, can't waaaaaaaaait!

PS3:
    http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=2416

Xbox:
    http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=2417

Video was gas. Love the way he looks around himself at the end then seems to just go "Eh, Feck it, that's Sleeping Dogs!" :P

Really made the game look cool, the fighting and shooting look class.

The only doubts I have about it are the driving. They look very arcadey(similar to Saints Row). I'd prefer a more GTAIV style.

Really looking forward to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The fighting looks extremely boring.

You have 6 men around you, and they all seem to just wait for you to finish with 1 guy.
    Only on 1 or 2 occassions have I seen someone trying to help out their buddy getting pummelled or interrupt you, and when they do it's useless and obvious

It should be made more like batman

Ya, have to say it does look crap how only one guy attacks at a time but the devs have made changes since e3 and it was in one of the newer vids that other guys tried to jump in as well. Comic Con will be showing new footage in the next few days, we might see more of it then.

As long as it's better than the spiderman combat system!

I wouldn't mind a combat system like the Assassin's Creed ones. Granted it gets a little repetitive, but you (well at least me) feel like a complete badass when there're 6 dudes lying dead in the street. :P

I just can't wait to throw a guy into the boot of a car and drive off in it. :P

Ah I hope it's not like Assassins Creed, hated that fighting system.

But yeah, I'm definitely gonna pull up beside some civilian, grab em and put em in the trunk, then drive up some Hong Kong montain, take him out and throw him off the top!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah I hope it's not like Assassins Creed, hated that fighting system.

But yeah, I'm definitely gonna pull up beside some civilian, grab em and put em in the trunk, then drive up some Hong Kong montain, take him out and throw him off the top!

Nothing like an open world game to bring out the psycho in us. :pac:

anyone else getting this for pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

anyone else getting this for pc?

I plan on it, yeah.

Will it have xbox controller support for pc?

• Advertisement

Check out this guy playing SD at Comic Con with 3 screens and in 3D!

179508_386196634777682_784800681_n.jpg

40 minutes of gameplay vid below. The whole start of the game, I skipped the cutscenes, but wow this looks impressive!!

The NPC's picking their noses was gas.

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/sleeping_dogs_extended_play.html

sheehy83 wrote: »

The driving looks better in that drag race than it did in the previous videos you posted. Still a bit arcadey for my tastes, but I'll make my peace with it.

The fighting looks fun, but not if you didn't like Assassin's Creed I'd say.

One thing I noticed, when he was wrecking the car, both headlights stopped working when he hit the hood on the right hand side. Hope they fix that.

Still psyched for this, but I don't think these vids will win over anyone who wasn't converted already.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

When is this game out?

Best place to get it?

I loved TCSOLA, that's got to be a good few years old now, I can remember certain parts but nothing concrete.

When is this game out?

Best place to get it?

I loved TCSOLA, that's got to be a good few years old now, I can remember certain parts but nothing concrete.

Out August 14th.

Important to bear in mind that this was never intending to be a True Crime game. Activision just attached the name to it when the studio originally brought them a new IP.

Browning, its out august 17th in europe, I preordered mine from gamesnash.ie

The reason I didnt like assassins creed combat was because it was about stealth kills and then escaping but it was too easy to kill 20 guys and broke the atmosphere. Combat in this looks good, matches the feel of hong kong cinema. Fighting def looks better than previously and guys look to attack you at the same time.

Driving looks like a good mix of gta and saints row. Surveillance mini game looks interesting, dunno why he had that woman arrested though.

This makes me wanna watch some undercover cop kung fu films.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Out August 14th. Important to bear in mind that this was never intending to be a True Crime game. Activision just attached the name to it when the studio originally brought them a new IP.

Its 14th in the u.s,17th in over here

Its 14th in the u.s,17th in over here

Yeah, sorry about that. I keep mixing up the US/Europe dates for both this and ACIII. :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Everything about the game looks good apart from the combat one AI attacking you at a time is kinda boring.

Advertisement