Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The DLC and the game were all discounted during the PSN christmas sale, not sure if that makes it more or less likely as they may want to get a bit more out of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was Nightmare in Northpoint any good?

The DLC for Dec, Jan and Feb below. Def gonna get Zodiac Tournament.

DecemberyH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAQAICTAEAOw%3D%3DEdit
    JanuaryyH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAQAICTAEAOw%3D%3DEdit
    FebruaryyH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAQAICTAEAOw%3D%3DEdit

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

From the PSN blog - "We are working on DLC discounts at the moment and I hope to be able to provide an update on this over the next couple of days, but at present no DLC comes free with the games above."

From the PSN blog - "We are working on DLC discounts at the moment and I hope to be able to provide an update on this over the next couple of days, but at present no DLC comes free with the games above."

Cool, might hold off on the dlc for a while so.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    With all the sales and now the announcement of it being free on PS+, I'm rather optimistic about a sequel...

I'd say there will be a sequel. Can't believe this game was actually cancelled by Activision on the 2nd page of this thread. I always hoped Activision would be kicking themselves over their comment 'This wasn't going to be good enough' and I'd say they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

Got this last week, just Platinumed it. Great game, fun to play!

Currently acquiring the soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Got this last week myself. Great fun and lovely fighting scenes / action.
    Well worth a look if you enjoy GTA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

All the DLC is discounted this week on xbox, along with the game. Any DLC really worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The game itself is €9.99 in the sale. Bloody good deal.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83630109&postcount=767

• Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished it earlier. Great game. Some great action pieces in it too. Wasn't fond of the camera while driving, particularly for motorbikes (camera swooped around too fast while reversing and driving off, and shook too much while driving fast). But other than that, very little complaint from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've tried to play through this but I really don't like the feel of the game engine, its the same one as in Just Cause 2 and I find it off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bought it today absolutely enjoying so far the fights are fantastic if a little frustrating when you're totally surrounded

• Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bought it today absolutely enjoying so far the fights are fantastic if a little frustrating when you're totally surrounded

The enemies are actually descendants of the enemies from the Assassins Creed games. Attacking the good guy one by one while standing round him in a circle is actually hereditary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Finished this game last night. Easily the best game I've got from PS+ to date. Wipes the floor with the likes of GTA4 and yet sells a fraction of the amount:(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

I just started playing this game again last night after a break, I wanted to test out my new 3D Monitor and wow.. does this game improve drastically with 3D!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Vyse wrote: »
    Finished this game last night. Easily the best game I've got from PS+ to date. Wipes the floor with the likes of GTA4 and yet sells a fraction of the amount:(

Yep, it's a far better game than GTA4 but it's never going to actually compete with GTA. I'm just hoping that it sold enough and has gained enough of a following to convince the developers to make a sequel.

I loved the hand to hand/martial arts combat in it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Paul1990 wrote: »
    Yep, it's a far better game than GTA4 but it's never going to actually compete with GTA. I'm just hoping that it sold enough and has gained enough of a following to convince the developers to make a sequel.

Unfortunately I think we may be out of luck on that score. Think it sold between 1 and 2 million copies and Square called it a "disappointment" because it didn't reach their targets. :rolleyes:

Hope I'm wrong though, would love a sequel with more cop cases to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Finished this last night too, great game. I hated the shooting initially, but started to enjoy it after I got used to using the slo-mo. I'm going to return to this one for sure, to do the extra stuff and the DLC.

The plot was really compelling, I love the undercover cop thing! Those last few missions tear along at a nice pace. Wei is a cool character, it'd be nice to get a sequel. He could return to San Fran!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Anyone tried any of the DLC stuff. I really enjoyed the game. Eventhough some of the mini-games (i really got bored of the hacking minigame) were underdeveloped and the side-mission with the exception of the undercover cop missions were a little uninspiring, I finished the game wanting more reasons to stay in Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

sarumite wrote: »
    Anyone tried any of the DLC stuff. I really enjoyed the game. Eventhough some of the mini-games (i really got bored of the hacking minigame) were underdeveloped and the side-mission with the exception of the undercover cop missions were a little uninspiring, I finished the game wanting more reasons to stay in Hong Kong.

I absolutely love this game, though I was dissapointed with the DLC. Nightmare in Northpoint was ok-ish, but the Year of the Snake was DREADFUL. IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Lovelyguy wrote: »
    Year of the Snake was DREADFUL. IMO

Why? I thought it sounded pretty good! I hate when DLC doesn't live up to the main game's quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Mr. K wrote: »
    The plot was really compelling, I love the undercover cop thing! Those

This. Loved the plot. Really felt for some of the characters and by the end of it I was only itching to take out the main bosses. Was really surprised because normally the plot associated with these style games is muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Same here, loved the story in this game, its full of cliques and basically a rip off of Donnie Brasco but for a sandbox game they really did do a great job of keeping it interesting and constantly flowing at a good pace. Wei was probably my favourite character in any game over the past couple of years as well. Tempted to reply it when I get the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

Mr. K wrote: »
    Why? I thought it sounded pretty good! I hate when DLC doesn't live up to the main game's quality!

It was just really dull, repetitive and excessively easy. At least Nightmare in Northpoint was reasonably humourous.

I was suprised that I found myself just wanting to be finished it ASAP, which is a shame because I LOVED Sleeping Dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I was dissapointed he didn't leave the cops and become the gang leader one of the best open world game in a long time

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did anyone else have a problem with the FPS dropping or getting really stuttery? I only got this the other day and it's making the game unplayable. If I fight people or drive a car it starts stuttering. I have a good laptop Core i7, 8GBs ram and a ATI 6750M so I should be able to play at decent settings without issues. With this I can't even play it at its lowest settings without stuttering and I mean lowest even setting the resolution at something like 320 x 200 doesn't fix it (it does look like a snes or mega drive game though which is kinda cool) so it's not the hard ware.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did anyone else have a problem with the FPS dropping or getting really stuttery? I only got this the other day and it's making the game unplayable. If I fight people or drive a car it starts stuttering. I have a good laptop Core i7, 8GBs ram and a ATI 6750M so I should be able to play at decent settings without issues. With this I can't even play it at its lowest settings without stuttering and I mean lowest even setting the resolution at something like 320 x 200 doesn't fix it (it does look like a snes or mega drive game though which is kinda cool) so it's not the hard ware.

This game is really resource heavy m8. And 6750m is low end you even before it became mobile gpu.
    try driver update though. it runs perfect on my pc all maxed out ( no AA and motion blur, due to personal taste) , but then again, my pc is not on the lowest entry spec.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This game is really resource heavy m8. And 6750m is low end you even before it became mobile gpu.
    try driver update though. it runs perfect on my pc all maxed out ( no AA and motion blur, due to personal taste) , but then again, my pc is not on the lowest entry spec.

But I can't even get decent frame rate at 320 X 200 and everything at it's lowest settings. I can play crysis with most of the bells and whistles turned up at native res of 1600 X 900.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I think I remember lots of people on mobile GPUs and some CPUs having serious problems with this game.

Your 6750m should be at least capable of running it on Medium, in theory, and your i7 should be able to pull it's weight since the game is fairly CPU intensive.

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I think I remember lots of people on mobile GPUs and some CPUs having serious problems with this game.

Your 6750m should be at least capable of running it on Medium, in theory, and your i7 should be able to pull it's weight since the game is fairly CPU intensive.

I wouldn't mind being able to play it on low at 720p. Obviously I'd like to crank up the eye candy but I just want to play the game. Some googling has shown a lot of people with problems but very few solutions.

Advertisement