Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheYardStick

Hey there guys, could anyone speculate on how much I could get for trading this in at either Gamestop, Xtravision or Gamesnash? I'm not usually one for trading in games (especially new games) , but with the slow summer for gaming I really tore into this when I got the chance!

I really enjoyed the game but with FIFA, Resi 6, Halo 4, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands 2, Hitman etc. being released in the coming months, I wouldn't say no to some extra cash.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can send Pat (Gamesnash rep on Boards) a message in their boards. I'd say you'd get a better offer than somewhere in town and they also give credit for what you paid for postage.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1222

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

also id be very intrested in it, if it was up on adverts??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just finished her last night, amazing game I got me 100 percent, although them suitcases gave me a head ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just finished her last night, amazing game I got me 100 percent, although them suitcases gave me a head ache.

Congrats... trying to find those lockboxes are a pain though I like that I get to beat thugs up beforehand. Not fan though the safe-crack minigame!

Has anyone played any of DLC? Do they add much/anything to the game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Fight Clubs are grand, between them and the races, I'm up at 10 Face and with the missions and Drug Busts, I'm at 7 or 8 cop, but still only 5 Triad. Tackling people to the ground in fight club is very useful.

Bought myself a Velocita mostly cause it was the most expensive one available and I wanted to see what the best of the best was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Thought d'oul apartment was a bit shabby looking...
    ...so i decided to redecorate! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Shiminay wrote: »

Bought myself a Velocita mostly cause it was the most expensive one available and I wanted to see what the best of the best was :D

It corners like it's on bloody rails , break and turn at speed and it will immediately do a near perfect 90° turn :D

finnally got my hands on a copy cant wait to get started when the kids are asleep and she's out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got it a week ago and finished it last night. Great story, but predictable as hell. It wasn't until the credits I realised that it wasn't Nolan North voicing Wei, sounds exactly like him, must be his Hong Konger cousin.

The game itself was very enjoyable, what Saints Row the 3rd should have been like. Even though the movement was great the majority of the time, sometimes he just didn't do what I wanted him to.

The driving was ok, nothing special, and the bikes were crazy at class a.

Combat was fun, better than most other open world games but not quite Batman. Found the combat really easy once you've levelled up a bit, still managed to get killed a few times though when I wasn't really trying, which is good. Gunplay was great, as it wasn't overdone. Slow mo shooting was enjoyable and effective if you got a chain going and kept the slow mo going.

I have traded it in though. I didn't have everything collected but had all the main and side missions, races and favours completed. Only had a few cameras left and about 1/3 of the lockboxes left, but didn't want to collect them. Once the story was over, I was left wanting which is this games main downfall in my opinion. Oh, and only 2 dates with Amanda... Booo!

I got between €30-40 trade in for it, so now working on Darksiders 2 which is already beating this hands down (different games, I know).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im still only 36% through ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Got it a week ago and finished it last night. Great story, but predictable as hell. It wasn't until the credits I realised that it wasn't Nolan North voicing Wei, sounds exactly like him, must be his Hong Konger cousin.

The game itself was very enjoyable, what Saints Row the 3rd should have been like. Even though the movement was great the majority of the time, sometimes he just didn't do what I wanted him to.

The driving was ok, nothing special, and the bikes were crazy at class a.

Combat was fun, better than most other open world games but not quite Batman. Found the combat really easy once you've levelled up a bit, still managed to get killed a few times though when I wasn't really trying, which is good. Gunplay was great, as it wasn't overdone. Slow mo shooting was enjoyable and effective if you got a chain going and kept the slow mo going.

I have traded it in though. I didn't have everything collected but had all the main and side missions, races and favours completed. Only had a few cameras left and about 1/3 of the lockboxes left, but didn't want to collect them. Once the story was over, I was left wanting which is this games main downfall in my opinion. Oh, and only 2 dates with Amanda... Booo!

I got between €30-40 trade in for it, so now working on Darksiders 2 which is already beating this hands down (different games, I know).
    I agree with you completely, I've just finished the bad luck mission and am at this stage grinding through just to finish it. A good game, will be using it to prebook Fifa shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

"My cock is the best!"

Definitely one of the funniest quotes in the game.

Ok finally done and dusted with this, 100% all achievments etc.

Overall great main story loved the city, but the whole thing now feels like saints row 1 , where I feel there will likely be another 2 games and the next one will be the best of the 3.

For all they had in the game outside of the main story (green), they could have done with more cases (blue) maybe? it's like the early saints/gta games with no aircraft and the boat missions where totally tacked on. the Radio stations where very poor indeed, I was expecting a breaking news story on there after something big went down.

Over all great game , though short lived no co-op and felt like it was missing something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

calex71 wrote: »
    ...felt like it was missing something :confused:

Nail on the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gar1234

any shops selling this game was in xtravison and smyths toys and both said it was never shipped

gar1234 wrote: »
    any shops selling this game was in xtravison and smyths toys and both said it was never shipped

hmv 47.99 for limited edition, or gamestop 55 for standard:rolleyes:

caspa307 wrote: »
    hmv 47.99 for limited edition, or gamestop 55 for standard:rolleyes:

43.99 in argos ;)

Mine will be on adverts this evening :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any mods for pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have a mission telling me "Find the marked Sparc" I keep going to it and telling its underground near club bam bam. I keep going to the waypoint and there nothing there. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

I did that one a while ago. I called trent to start it but was up in central so I juat did some other missions and forgot about it. Then crusing around in north point, a way point automatically appeared as I was near the sparc car. If yoi cant find it, head off and do other missions

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I have a mission telling me "Find the marked Sparc" I keep going to it and telling its underground near club bam bam. I keep going to the waypoint and there nothing there. Any ideas?

It's just a car driving around, you have to active hijack it or just get in when it's stopped at a light...

Saw something class last night, I was on a cop mission chasing a car on my motorbike. I knock down a civ and kill him (I only seem to kill civilians on cop missions!) Anyway, I'm stopped as I hit a wall and 1 of the guys who was with the dead guy runs over, takes out his phone and starts filming me. I move around him and he is following me with the phone.

Later, I was about to turn off the game, thought I would flying kick a few people. Another guy runs up, takes out his phone and starts filming me. I flying kick him and he flys back through the air dropping his can of coke. The can is on the ground spinning in circles being pushed by the spray of fizz shooting out from it being knocked down.

Thought those details were really impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Finished it just now. Good game, and was just about the right length. Have it in my adverts.ie link for PS3 if anyone wants it a bit cheaper than the shops.

Can anyone tell me when you meet the girl who gives you the locations to the lockboxes? I'm just after handing
    Dog Eyes
    over to Mrs. Chiu, not sure how much of the story is left but loving it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lads,

I'm done my exams today...
    I get home at around 6-7pm...
    I have nothing planned for the next two weeks...
    Sleeping Dogs is sitting in my CD Drive...
    This binge is going to be SWEEEEEEEET! :D:D

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I've got a major bug, all the cars in the game have dissappeared!

Can't select my own from the garage, and there is none either driving around or parked anywhere. Pretty bizzare.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when you meet the girl who gives you the locations to the lockboxes?

Ilyana in the K Bar... though I think I met her there a bit later from where you are.
    From what I remember it was during the
    American Rapper
    mission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Finished it last night, good game and I thought just long enough. Got a bit bored towards the end. Now to pick a preorder Fifa or Pro Evo....Ah the joys of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Gah. This fight in Club Bam Bam (going by previous posts, there're two fights there, so it's the first one you do) is killing my soul. Keep getting surrounded and bludgeoned to death with about 3 hits of those weapons. :(

Smashing a guys face into an aquarium(?) upstairs is really fun though! :D

Advertisement