Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

"magical tea gives Wei Shen ELECTRIFIED FISTS" and he'll have to fend off zombies with "a magical sword".

I've heard enough. F*ck this.

Just give me a few more cases for that female cop or some more large brawling missions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Is any of the dlc worth getting for this game? Finished the main story a few days ago and still keen to play it, there seems to be a few dlcs with extra missions etc but not sure which is actually worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Have been playing this as recently as last night, turned on the PC today, logged into Steam, and found the game wants to download a 2.5gb update! Anyone know what it is exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

danthefan wrote: »
    Have been playing this as recently as last night, turned on the PC today, logged into Steam, and found the game wants to download a 2.5gb update! Anyone know what it is exactly?

Haven't played it in a while but last update that I know was 1.7 which I think was around a month ago.

Actually a game I may now replay as its been a while since I've completed it and it's been updated quite a bit since then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm having a problem at the main menu where the cursor scrolls by itself through all the main menu options and won't stop,anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

just bought it for 16 on g2play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Orim wrote: »

Finally a decent DLC for this game and something that doesn't seem out of place unlike that Halloween DLC.

Now to just download that 5GB update :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

running like a dog on i5 2500k 6870

Not used to selecting anything other than High/Extreme.

Fighting is good crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked this up at Christmas for extra cheap on the steam sale. Was not sure what to expect given the mixed reviews I read but I must say I'm loving it. Seem to have gotten into it more than any of the GTA games although did not really give GTA 4 a chance. Must go back to it after I complete this. Anyone who gets a chance to pick it up give sleeping dogs a go.

I'm having a problem at the main menu where the cursor scrolls by itself through all the main menu options and won't stop,anyone else experience this?

I still have this problem so I guess its time to uninstall as the game is unplayable :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I still have this problem so I guess its time to uninstall as the game is unplayable :(

Got a gamepad plugged in?

Spear wrote: »
    Got a gamepad plugged in?

Ya but its the same issue if I just use a mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Have you tried removing everything else connected via USB except your Mouse/Keyboard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive had that problem on other games i seem to remember but it was to do with a gamepad being connected and stoped after I disconnected gamepad.

Thanks lads ill try yer sugguestions and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I finished Sleeping Dogs earlier today. I really enjoyed it. So much so that it might even be my favourite open world game of this generation. I found the Hong Kong setting very interesting, certainly more so than another generic American city. The melee combat was excellent and the gunplay was passable too.

The story kept me interested
    even if it did wrap up a little suddenly and neatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 alienacademy

which is better
    street of LA or sleeping dog in ur opinion

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

which is better
    street of LA or sleeping dog in ur opinion

Sleeping Dogs. SoLA doesn't even come close. TCNYC was close but still way off the amount of fun that's in Sleeping Dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I finished Sleeping Dogs earlier today. I really enjoyed it. So much so that it might even be my favourite open world game of this generation. I found the Hong Kong setting very interesting, certainly more so than another generic American city. The melee combat was excellent and the gunplay was passable too.

The story kept me interested
    even if it did wrap up a little suddenly and neatly.
    I actually got irritated by the amount of physical punishment Wei got in the course of the final mission. Tortured, beaten, shot, and still managed to beat the crap out of the bad guy. Sort of spoiled the immersion I guess, but that's just me.

Loved the game though, was really excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Ive a key for this on steam, for anyone following the thread and cant afford to buy it. I have no interest. Have FarCry3 and thats me good for games for a while.
    Send me you steam ID and obviously you should not already have the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 alienacademy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs. SoLA doesn't even come close. TCNYC was close but still way off the amount of fun that's in Sleeping Dogs.

Thanx for ur opinion wnolan1992 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

For anyone who missed it in the bargains thread this is €12.50 on steam.

Edit: Even cheaper on Amazon - gives a steam product key.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is rumoured to go free on PSN+ today. Official announcement is at 1pm. Anyone planning on buying it today for PS3, i'd say hold off until the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Below a certain point - I'd say €10 - it stops bothering me. I'm getting it for PC anyway.

8 quid for what a few places have classed as one of the GOTY is a fair bargain. Same price as a cinema ticket.

My internet is a bit **** so it'll I won't get to play it today but seriously looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This is rumoured to go free on PSN+ today. Official announcement is at 1pm. Anyone planning on buying it today for PS3, i'd say hold off until the announcement.

Yupp Sleeping Dogs will be free in February on PS+

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/28/playstation-plus-your-february-content/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

no word on whether or not it's expected for the DLCs to go down in price. could still end up getting the full thing cheaper buying off amazon at 9.99 USD and getting the DLC off steam before end of today for 11 odd euro.

but sure, however anyone gets it, is up to them.

With all the sales and now the announcement of it being free on PS+, I'm rather optimistic about a sequel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Isn't there new DLC coming out for this game? I think it's more cop levels or something.

Advertisement