Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just for anyone else having this problem, running it in windowed mode and then switching back to full screen mode fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Just for anyone else having this problem, running it in windowed mode and then switching back to full screen mode fixes it.

I vaguely remember having this issue on my desktop, I think turning shadows off/down fixed it for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I vaguely remember having this issue on my desktop, I think turning shadows off/down fixed it for me.

I did have everything put to it's lowest settings at one stage and still had frame rate issues. I'm wary of changing anything now any way just in case it screws it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

I did have everything put to it's lowest settings at one stage and still had frame rate issues. I'm wary of changing anything now any way just in case it screws it up again.

Ah right that's a pity as it's a very pretty game with everything on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Arise thread... arise from the grave!

This is becoming quite the trend - Sleeping Dogs is being given a HD re-release on PC, with the game also being launched on PS4 and XB1 according to Eurogamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It was a brilliant game and had a lot of DCL content that would be included in the PS4, wouldn't mind playing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Yeah, only played a little on a friend's PS3 but really enjoyed it. Was hoping to pick it up in the Steam sale this week actually, but will leave it now and get the HD version instead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's a fun game, if you've not played it before then definitely consider picking it up. They went a bit too far with so much day one DLC that was in some cases pay to win, but if you ignored all that tosh, there was a fun "open city" game to be enjoyed. It has gun combat, but the fact that it also has martial arts combat meant I almost never bothered unless up against several armed thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

"Big smiles all around" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Certainly a good game to get re-released for the next gen systems, but there seems to be a fair few of these games getting re-released now :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

So the PC edition will just get a newer texture pack then?

They surely will release it as free DLC on steam... I live in hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got it on PS+ a while back. A very enjoyable game, but at the same time, no urge to play it again, and I had no urge to play it once I'd completed the story despite having a lot of side missions left to do in it.

Worth playing, but I don't know if I'd pay €60+ for it on PS4/XB1. Not unless it came with all the DLC (though as Shiminay said, some of the DLC makes you overpowered).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

calex71 wrote: »
    Certainly a good game to get re-released for the next gen systems, but there seems to be a fair few of these games getting re-released now :(

In fairness, there was a huge influx of "HD Collections" for PS3/360 in the last two or three years, so it's not just something we're seeing now on next-gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Tinie wrote: »
    So the PC edition will just get a newer texture pack then?

They surely will release it as free DLC on steam... I live in hope...
    It's more likely the console releases are getting this upgrade with other tweaks to take advantage of the additional power under the hood such as increased draw distance and the like. The HD version for the PC is most likely a mispost from the retailer since Tomb Raider, another Squeenix game to get a re-release more recently, didn't have one for the platform.
    Penn wrote: »
    In fairness, there was a huge influx of "HD Collections" for PS3/360 in the last two or three years, so it's not just something we're seeing now on next-gen.
    Probably even more important for platform exclusives this gen with news like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I think pricing for hd re releases are completely broken 70 quid for a little bit prettier game with all the dlcs for a game you can buy 20 quid or lower now.

highly doubt the 40-50 euro price bump is worth it for a texture pack and free thats mostly shovelware filler crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Loved this game, it's the only game I have the platinum trophy for at the moment. To be honest, If anyone is thinking about buying it, you're better off buying the last gen version on the cheap, the two main side story dlc is tripe. Defo not worth the 65 euro price assuming the rumors are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Played a bit on psplus the other night, combat isn't very fluid compared to batman, I used to have random fights in origins just for the crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

gvqbjtlbo8niv0tcamve.jpg

Seems like a weird game to give a Remastering to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

cloud493 wrote: »
    gvqbjtlbo8niv0tcamve.jpg

I think it is a good choice. The game itself is excellent and will really benefit from the power of the new consoles. The game looks stellar on the PC currently so if they can get it looking that good on consoles it will be a big improvement. I wonder if this means that a sequel is in the works?

Yupp sequel already confirmed called Triad Wars based in the sleeping dogs universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

cloud493 wrote: »
    gvqbjtlbo8niv0tcamve.jpg

especially considering it was a multi platform release

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Great game but not one I'll be getting the remaster of. The Last Of Us and maybe Tomb Raider will be the only PS4 updates I'm getting.

Can't wait for the sequel though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think I'll get this for ps4 or even ps3 now,it stopped working on my pc and wouldn't work on my new rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Actually just started this on the 360, got it through Games with Gold ages ago but never played it. I didn't buy it first time around because it came out during one of those periods where you vow not to spend money on a new release in order to try and give some attention to your backlog, even though I was tempted by the amount of favourable reviews it was getting from people and this thread.

However, even though I'm only maybe ~1 hour in, it all feels a bit ''meh'' yet, the combat part of it I have no problem with but the movement (both vehicle and person) feels a bit clunky and the story feels like it's only going to develop into one massive clichè with plenty of tacked on side activities. I'll give it more time anyway to let it grow on me but right now I'm definitely not regretting passing on purchasing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd play it again but an October release rules it out with too many new games out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

There's no need for a next-gen release of this, its an enjoyable game but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm just going to make the assumption that this won't sell well enough to warrant the definitive version and will probably stop others thinking it's a good idea to do the same for there very enjoyable but relatively forgettable games.

I see the ps4 version is 25 quid on psn but going back to 60 quid today. Anyone pick it up? Very tempted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I see the ps4 version is 25 quid on psn but going back to 60 quid today. Anyone pick it up? Very tempted.

I got the Definitive Edition as a birthday present last year, well worth picking up if you enjoyed it the first time around. The graphics as such aren't as remastered or upgraded as something like TLOU, but there's still a big improvement over last gen. Plus you get all DLC included with it (a Bruce Lee style fighting tournament on an island is a particular standout :D).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

sheehy83 wrote: »

I picked up the Definitive Edition for the XBOX One new for €25 in Gamestop last week.

Advertisement