Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

2smiggy wrote: »
    before heading back up (go to the big turning wheel and make your way up from here) there is a secret passage down near the second bell, go in here and join the covenant (i forget the name off the top of my head). this will mean when you get the lord vessal you can get down to this area without having the pain of going all the way down again.

when you get back to the firelink, head up the elevator, accross the court yard, and down to the bonfire above the blacksmith. rest here and head into sens fortress, which will now be open.

there is a nice powerful weapon in here for so early in the game which will make things a nice bit easier ! good luck

the secret passage, is that the one in qulaggs lair? after yuu beat her you go up the steps into the tower type thing then go down stairs then hit some web then theirs a bonfire with a convent thing i can join theirs a thing big spider type thing which is where i join the convent?
    what moving wheel lol

and ive already went through the gates near the blacksmith
    died in it
    got past the lizards easy enough but those big fukers which can shoot magic if your far away from them or hit you if your close to them, are their and their hard haha theirs about 3 of them( their the ones i could see lol prob more

edit : quick update on where i am
    finally got the lord vessal, gave it to that made looking thing at the pool, now i need to get 4 different souls to fill it, aiming for the four kings first (mainly because thats the only gate i know where that red mist was) ha
    was very stressed over fighting the boss the excutioner and gough or what ever his name was, took me 6 tries i finally gave in and summoned someone to help me, i ended up dieing but so did the boss, lost all the souls but still managed to kill him anyway took me ages

anyhow on me way to kill the four kings, that poxy rhino thing is in me way, i need lightning to kill it yes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

saiint wrote: »
    anyhow on me way to kill the four kings, that poxy rhino thing is in me way, i need lightning to kill it yes?

There is no boar(it's not a rhino) on the way to the Four Kings. Only Ghosts and Darkwraiths.

There is a boar in the Undead Burg/Parish, but you would have met him on the way to ringing the first bell.

The only other boars are in the Dukes Archives. And yes, lightening is very effective against them.

Use this guide to help you out.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

F1ngers wrote: »
    There is no boar(it's not a rhino) on the way to the Four Kings. Only Ghosts and Darkwraiths.

There is a boar in the Undead Burg/Parish, but you would have met him on the way to ringing the first bell.

The only other boars are in the Dukes Archives. And yes, lightening is very effective against them.

Use this guide to help you out.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

theirs a boar in that area in where im at
    you no lando or where ever it is
    where you get the lordvessel
    theirs a boar in the area where that red mist is the thing thats covering up the arch way to a path
    in that narrow path theirs a boar, i thought thats where it led to the four kings my mistake ha dunno where the four kings are so, or the other monsters ha

wish it would tell you your objective in the main menu cause i somtimes forget what im looking for or were to go ,

theirs a boar in that area in where im at
    you no lando or where ever it is
    where you get the lordvessel
    theirs a boar in the area where that red mist is the thing thats covering up the arch way to a path
    in that narrow path theirs a boar, i thought thats where it led to the four kings my mistake ha dunno where the four kings are so, or the other monsters ha

wish it would tell you your objective in the main menu cause i somtimes forget what im looking for or were to go ,

You are in Anor Londo(there are big sentinel knights?), trying to get to the Dukes Archives.

The Four Kings are in the New Londo Ruins.

You are in Anor Londo(there are big sentinel knights?), trying to get to the Dukes Archives.

The Four Kings are in the New Londo Ruins.

and where are new londo ruins haha sorry i have a terrible memory for names in this game
    im nearly certain ive been through them before

edit: i know where it is now

how do i get their though cant remember getting their before
    i know one way (by looking on a map) saying i can go through the vally of the drakes to get their

• Advertisement

and where are new londo ruins haha sorry i have a terrible memory for names in this game
    im nearly certain ive been through them before

It's back near the Firelink Shrine.
    Blightown, Valley of the Drakes and New Londo are all accessible by going down an elevator at the Firelink Shrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,252 ✭✭✭✭noodler

IGN reasonably unhappy with the port (in the sense that nothing seems to have improved).
    I’m still not sure whether I’ll actually play the Prepare to Die edition, from the beginning. If this were a better version – properly HD, with a better framerate, nicer-looking environments and a Blighttown that didn’t slow to a crawl when you pointed the camera in the wrong direction – I’d be very tempted. But playing the same game again, with all the same niggling faults and graphical quirks, from the start, just to get access to this new content? I think I might endure the wait until it’s out on consoles, and hope that it will spur a new wave of Dark Souls players to repopulate the online servers.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/08/09/whats-new-in-dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition

by the time im finished this game to the full the dlc will be out so i dont mind haha

Anyone got a lend of Priscillas Dagger for a minute or two, on PSN.
    Am on NG++(+), I think and still can't get it and it's driving me nuts.

Let me know if you need something in return and if I have it, it's yours.

Am SL 194 and PSN is Narnin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

hello,

i have that, i will check my spirit level this evening, i think i am about 205 so should be within the summoning/invading range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Just about to 100% this on the 360 :D
    Just need to kill Gwyn, start a new game+ again and kill Sif. Then its the trek up to the giant blacksmith and boom. 100% :cool:

All is going well except I'm missing the straight ghostblade and the females flat out refuse to drop one :mad: I'm gonna keep trying once I get home tonight but its driving me crazy :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

noodler wrote: »
    IGN reasonably unhappy with the port (in the sense that nothing seems to have improved).

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/08/09/whats-new-in-dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition

I dont know but i watched some gameplay footage of the PC version earlier from pc world or RPS, cant recall which and it played smooth with guy who played it saying he encountered a smooth port.
    Scratch that i just found it again on gamespy.
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/dark-souls/1225756p1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks for that video. The game does look smooth in that video.

€40 is expensive enough for pre order price.
    Battlefield 3 cost me €30 to pre order from gamestop.ie

Still I keep finding myself hovering over the add to cart button on steam, it's only a matter of time before I click it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Game looks fine judging from the IGN preview video, and for €40 you cant go wrong. Its all about the gameplay/experience in the end. Sure look at some popular PC games out at the moment, they are hardly pushing the cutting edge PC's to the limit yet millions of people still play em. Cause they are seriously fun to play

If the game is a port and plays exactly like the PS3 version you would be crazy to pass it up at €40

Anyone got a lend of Priscillas Dagger for a minute or two, on PSN.
    Am on NG++(+), I think and still can't get it and it's driving me nuts.

Let me know if you need something in return and if I have it, it's yours.

Am SL 194 and PSN is Narnin.

i will add you this evening, i was playing guild wars 2 stress test thingy last night. good fun had by all !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Here is few screenshots of the prepare to die edition , trailer got me pumped to play darksouls again cant wait for the dlc to come :D

http://jin115.com/archives/51891575.html

pisses me off a bit seeing the PS3 version alongside the PC version, yet we could be 3-4 months from getting the DLC.

I'm tempted to get it on the PC seeing as I could probably get to a level 60 or so character in 9 or 10 hours , and far into the first run through the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It's simple really. PC version has new blood which means scared noobs to invade and stalk. Sure that's worth €40 alone! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    It's simple really. PC version has new blood which means scared noobs to invade and stalk. Sure that's worth €40 alone! :p

I would reckon people will do that. Dark Souls console vets speed running through to get lightning weapons and all that good stuff while keeping a low level and invading new players who are trying to summon for the gargoyle fight. The internet shall be flooded in the tears of the PC nubz

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are lightning weapons still as stupidly overpowered as they were at release? Cause i never upgraded that lightning spear that i got really early on.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Are lightning weapons still as stupidly overpowered as they were at release? Cause i never upgraded that lightning spear that i got really early on.

no they were buffed a bit, but the lightning spear is still a bit over powered for that early in the game. I still use the +5 uchigania for PvP

a quick run to sens fortress , then get the lord vessel and pass the 4 kings ! happy invading. I think that there will be alot of people with the exact same idea though. people probably practising now on the PS3 for there character on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I would reckon people will do that. Dark Souls console vets speed running through to get lightning weapons and all that good stuff while keeping a low level and invading new players who are trying to summon for the gargoyle fight. The internet shall be flooded in the tears of the PC nubz
    So you're saying us PC players should wait a few months before buying the port, in the hopes that experienced players will be sick of invading new players by then? You gotta think that after four or five months the excitement of doing that will have died down somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,252 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ionapaul wrote: »
    So you're saying us PC players should wait a few months before buying the port, in the hopes that experienced players will be sick of invading new players by then? You gotta think that after four or five months the excitement of doing that will have died down somewhat.

Being invaded is great fun!

no , not at all. Where there are people invading, there will be plenty of people to summon as well. Makes for much more fun. I am just looking forward to the game being busy with people. The online part of the game is why I still play it. I enjoy being summoned and giving people a hand to pass a level.

You have to remember that the invader will be a lower level to the person they are invading although they may have some fairly powerful magic or weapons depending on what they upgrade.

Don't think like that mate, being invaded is the best part of the game. You have a serious advantage over any invaders if you play safe and smart due to flasks. You can avoid being invaded by staying hollow for your play through but there's no fun in that. Either way definitely do not wait a few months if you have planned to buy it as the best time to play it is at launch and the weeks that follow due to the nature of the online.

Also for every invading souls vet from the consoles there will be a blue phantom lining up to be summoned to help you so it goes both ways! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Bought a new wired xbox pad for this, now i see that the PC version doesn't support 1080p... and is capped at 30fps ???? THE **** ????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Magill wrote: »
    Bought a new wired xbox pad for this, now i see that the PC version doesn't support 1080p... and is capped at 30fps ???? THE **** ????

This video suggests 1080p is possible.

Magill wrote: »

From Soft have openly said they are terrible at developing for the PC and have found it very difficult to improve the port.

The extra content (which is a sizable amount) is to compensate for this. Either way if you haven't played it on either console don't let this put you off. It will still be a fantastic experience!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Dcully wrote: »
    This video suggests 1080p is possible.

The game is rendered at 1024x720 then can be unscaled to higher res to make it compatible with different monitors. That's sub 720p rendering :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Big Knox wrote: »
    From Soft have openly said they are terrible at developing for the PC and have found it very difficult to improve the port.

The extra content (which is a sizable amount) is to compensate for this. Either way if you haven't played it on either console don't let this put you off. It will still be a fantastic experience!!

Yeah i have it for PS3 (GOTY for me last year), was just looking forward to playing it all souped up and running at a steady 60+ fps. Disappointing...

Advertisement