Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its a great looking game - even on the consoles.

I wish there had been an option to install it onto the Hard Drive it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

noodler wrote: »
    Its a great looking game - even on the consoles.

I wish there had been an option to install it onto the Hard Drive it must be said.
    I'd imagine that's a feature that will exist in the PC version.

gizmo wrote: »

Uh huh, never had a disc based PC game myself that didn't have massive installs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

gizmo wrote: »

maybe, but i can see it being gimped out of the pc release in order to be more "streamlined"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

So there I was - made it down to fight the last boss (AGAIN) - keep dying here and I got invaded.
    Forgot that I had signed in.
    Got destroyed in just a few short seconds - thought I would be smart by waiting by the bridge to block them - but in my Havel armour i was a lumbering giant - with a big sign "Come hit me..."

Off exploring now - hope to re-find the pyromancer to get
    Iron Flesh
    from him - soon.. soon.

Right now in the painted world having fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

playing a bit drunk at the weekend, the firelink firekeeper got killed by Lautec , but for some reason i used her firekeeper soul. now i find myself without the fire link shire bonfire. any way to fix this ? it is only a bit of a pain as i now have the lord vessal again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

2smiggy wrote: »
    playing a bit drunk at the weekend, the firelink firekeeper got killed by Lautec , but for some reason i used her firekeeper soul. now i find myself without the fire link shire bonfire. any way to fix this ? it is only a bit of a pain as i now have the lord vessal again
    Oh dear. I suppose you could try getting a different Firekeepers soul and returning to the cell below the firelink shrine? I reckon you're goosed though!:(

Yup - sorry don't know a way around that one.
    Think you are just going to warp to a close shrine and hike it over each time.

I was tempted to murder the firekeeper in anor londo , but decided against it. I was after doing enough damage.

next i will head to the abyss and the 4 kings, after that i will do to dukes archive and get the firekeeper soul there and see if i can use that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

2smiggy wrote: »
    I was tempted to murder the firekeeper in anor londo , but decided against it. I was after doing enough damage.

next i will head to the abyss and the 4 kings, after that i will do to dukes archive and get the firekeeper soul there and see if i can use that one.

Her soul is unique, the normal ones don't do unfortunately as I learned on my first play through!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Leo?

There's an online event taking place from the 16th onward lvl 70 knight duels in the lower berg it's been pretty fun so far the details are in the attachment.

Leo? wrote: »
    There's an online event taking place from the 16th onward lvl 70 knight duels in the lower berg it's been pretty fun so far the details are in the attachment.

How does it work?

Just show up?

Free for all?

Might drop in later to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Leo?

noodler wrote: »
    How does it work?

Just show up?

Free for all?

Might drop in later to see.

There's red summon signs all over the place, you can either summon someone or put your own and be summoned.

Spent an hour or so on Dead Burg.

My main character is too well levelled at 145 though.

I was getting killed by the same person over and over again so I went for a different tactic.

I would strip down to my nakedness, take away all weapons and put on the 'Mask of the Mother' and when summoned I just keep running away from the host. Run until he stops chasing then I throw him a wave and keep running.

I did this for about an hour - broke my own ****e laughing anyway. One dude even put his sword away for a while and kept trying to use 'force' on me to knock me over (but not hurting me).

I then ran into the one of the Dead Burg Houses and kept closing the door on him.

Another guy I invaded wasn't so cool and kept trying to swipe at me so I hid until more invaded and backstabbed him when he was pre-occupied.

Oh god...I got my fun I spose!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Got the yellow light of death on my PS3 so I can't join in the fun! Damn it!!! Wanna play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I just read the news about the pc port not looking good. :(

I think what from software don't realise is that the pc owners that wanted the title and petitioned for it probably own a console. The reason for wanting a pc port was higher res graphics with better frame rate and network support. A poor port of the game is not much use to these people.

Am on the verge of putting this game away. Tired of ploughing upto Gwyn and being trounced repeatedly.

Unfortunately I did not focus on endurance at all during the game - have a good mix of strength but mainly Intelligence - just too slow to cook the guy. Will give a few more shots - but tired of farming to force up my endurence. Level now at 101; End at 20; Intelligence at 43; Stength / Dexterity high 20s.

At this stage have tried tanking him; going in with the gold armour and latest was a combination of stone and the gold - though my rolls were terrible. Last night I got the highest damage taken from him with one hit of the crystalline homing spells using
    Big Hat's staff
    . Just couldn't get another fire off and couldn't even roll away to avoid his swipes.

As before my speed is terrible and the one time I ventured online I got invaded just as I went to go through the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Taltos wrote: »
    Am on the verge of putting this game away. Tired of ploughing upto Gwyn and being trounced repeatedly.

Unfortunately I did not focus on endurance at all during the game - have a good mix of strength but mainly Intelligence - just too slow to cook the guy. Will give a few more shots - but tired of farming to force up my endurence. Level now at 101; End at 20; Intelligence at 43; Stength / Dexterity high 20s.

At this stage have tried tanking him; going in with the gold armour and latest was a combination of stone and the gold - though my rolls were terrible. Last night I got the highest damage taken from him with one hit of the crystalline homing spells using
    Big Hat's staff
    . Just couldn't get another fire off and couldn't even roll away to avoid his swipes.

As before my speed is terrible and the one time I ventured online I got invaded just as I went to go through the door...

Would you not consider hanging about and summoning someone to help you finish the job if you're that close... Surely better than packing in the game altogether?

Big Hat's staff

At INT 43 your Crystal Homers should be nice and powerful and he should only take a handful of them. Maybe equip the Crown of Dusk and the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring to boost your Magic damage. Iron Flesh or MAgic Shield if you cant get the rolling to work for you.

Summoning someone is not really an option with internet speed...
    Iron flesh - unfortunately too late to get that now...;)
    But will give the others a shot. Might try with different armour to at least let me roll out of the way in time.

• Advertisement

Might try with different armour to at least let me roll out of the way in time.
    You could probably do it with no armour as once you have a good rolling speed the Homers feel like cheating!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Strong magic shield saw me through Gwyn, matched with the destructive force of crystal catalyst and (hehehe) Crystal Homing Soulmass.

But I believe they've nerfed magic shield if you've downloaded the patch...

Strong magic shield saw me through Gwyn, matched with the destructive force of crystal catalyst and (hehehe) Crystal Homing Soulmass.

But I believe they've nerfed magic shield if you've downloaded the patch...
    Cheers - will find out later.
    While I keep saying "that's it" - somehow I keep being dragged back - even if I just spend ages farming outside the library.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Aye, it's addicting. Gwyn is one of only two or three parts of the game I found a bit cheap - alongside that fecking gate-closing bastard near the start, and the Capra Demon with the dogs. Mostly because of that marathon you have to run before you even get to him. It's doable, but tricky with certain builds. Just abuse the system as much as you can ;)

Actually - a question - I have
    all the boss souls
    from up to this point - will they carry over or am I as well to just consume them now to boost my stats?
    Unfortunately I let the pinwheel demons into the alley with the smith and only have the one near the garden and the one locked up left.

i believe you have to go to the anor londo blacksmith (the giant one) to make boss weapons. they will carry over till the next game anyway. you should farm a good few of the black knights before fight gwen for their drops.
    get the black knight great axe off them ( one of the drops) , try to upgrade it as much as possible.

as for fighting gwen , even with a bad internet connection you should be able to summon someone,

if not , have you equipment load below half , you should be plenty quick enough to get off shots of your magic by been that light. perhaps use the green crest shield for faster stamina regeneration if you are low on endurance.

he is not that bad a fight, myself and another person i summoned passed him last time with just our right hand weapon drawn, no armor etc ! i had to use alot of flasks though and we were probably a bit lucky !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I was in the same situation when i came to Gwyn. Didnt level my endurance past the base of the Knight class and went with stamina and strength plus Tarkus' armour to help with mitigation cause of the low endurance i had, and i couldnt beat him in a fair fight (mid speed dodge). Got a shield and tried to parry him and it worked. Then i equiped the biggest DEF armour and the best parry shield and rings to increase parry damage. He became to easy. I kinda wish that he cant be parried as it would make the last boss actually the hardest in the game IMO.

Just be sure to dodge from his grab move since that cant be parried :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for your advice.
    beat him earlier tonight only took 3 soul masses, no parrying as I can never do it.

appreciate all the help and tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Congratulations man. That actually made for gripping reading as I was scrolling down through the thread, wondering whether or not you would in the end pass him. Well done anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Decided to start this up again as I never bothered finishing it the first time. My god, I forgot how much I liked Blighttown and that relief when getting to that first bonfire on the bridge.

Advertisement